Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
do you ever wish you were like David or Abraham or Jacob lr Joshua? Who in their own free will followed God? Or even the 11 disciples? Who in their own free will followed Jesus our God. Who had a spirit of boldness and were able to conquer many things. But instead I'm not like them. I'm like a stubborn donkey who won't repent of my sins and I don't know why. I can repent I just don't want to. I know the consequences and I continue not to change. Oh why can't I be like the men I mentioned? Who had a zeal for God. I wish I had a heart hungry for God. I once had one, but fear filled that hunger rather than the very thing I was searching for...God. I wonder if he's gonna spill his wrath on me. Man I hope not. I'm like a careless drunk. I'm so lazy. This needs to stop but I don't know how I'm going to make it.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
do you ever wish you were like David or Abraham or Jacob lr Joshua? Who in their own free will followed God? Or even the 11 disciples? Who in their own free will followed Jesus our God. Who had a spirit of boldness and were able to conquer many things. But instead I'm not like them. I'm like a stubborn donkey who won't repent of my sins and I don't know why. I can repent I just don't want to. I know the consequences and I continue not to change. Oh why can't I be like the men I mentioned? Who had a zeal for God. I wish I had a heart hungry for God. I once had one, but fear filled that hunger rather than the very thing I was searching for...God. I wonder if he's gonna spill his wrath on me. Man I hope not. I'm like a careless drunk. I'm so lazy. This needs to stop but I don't know how I'm going to make it.

:heart: (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Yanni depp

Est. 1986
Jun 8, 2017
BC
✟71,722.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think i can relate to how you feel. It may just be a valley. Try not to beat yourself up too bad, i know ive done that alot :)

In regards to repenting, i heard an answer that made sense to me. This guy talks about how we pluck out our eye that caused us to sin, and instead of throwing it away as Jesus said, we put it in our pocket. We dont really put our sin to death in that aspect, we save it for later. So when your ready to repent, try and take measures that would put your sin death. Like putting a parental block on your internet for lustful images for example.

And this goes without saying, Jesus didnt mean we should self mutilate ourselves, just deal with our sin in a severe fashion. (I know people on here are very smart, it just seems like a good thing to mention)

I pray this is over soon, love you in Christ, God bless!

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who had a spirit of boldness and were able to conquer many things. But instead I'm not like them. I'm like a stubborn donkey who won't repent of my sins and I don't know why.

David was not a particularly "righteous" man. He took a senior officer's wife, then engineered his death. Abraham had his faults too. Twice he used his wife to deceive a ruler where he had taken refuge and put her in grave moral danger. Moses committed murder, then fled justice. Joseph, however much you might feel he was justified, deceived his brothers and caused both them and his father real heartache. Jacob was an outright scoundrel.

The scriptures are full of people just like you, Lost Child. Paul himself had the same questions - Why do I do the things I know I shouldn't and don't even really want to? What don't I do the things I know I should? "What a wretched person I am!"

God loves all lost children - especially those who realise they're lost and wish they weren't. And perfect love defeats fear. Mental rigour and sound analysis don't - but love does. We are shown heros of the old days as inspiration, sure. But we are not told to emulate them. We are told to look to Jesus the Christ, who is our model and our goal, and whose likeness we are promised by the grace of God our Father.

Be of good cheer! Believe that God wishes you to become like his Son, and asks for your willingness to accept what he can do in and to you to get you there. "Just" let him take control. (I know very well that's a very big "just!")

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do think those men had a special anointing and relationship from God, but most of them experienced nothing like what we have as children of God. His very Spirit living within us. I know at times it may not seem so and may feel quite dull and dead but this life is a life of faith. God never promised it would be easy, in fact he said in this world we would have tribulation.

Plus, Abraham, David, etc are only remembered because they believed when believing was an impossibility. Sacrificing your promised child? Killing a hardened warrior? Silencing lions? Are you kidding me? These men did great things, but they had faith.

Faith jumps when reality says stay still.
Faith relaxes when reality says freak out!

If your faith is based on God then you can be sure nothing will conquer you. If it is based on a mixture of God and the flesh then things will be difficult. Just ask him to help you in your weakness and keep asking until he breaks through! And he will! Be sure of that!

Upvote 0

Vyrzaharak

Jul 8, 2017
Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
✟18,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I woke up one day and someone told me to sacrifice my son, I would probably not follow along. If I woke up and someone was traveling around proclaiming godhood one day, I would probably not follow along then either. Because the fact is, most people didn't do such things. It was always a very small group or a single person in numerous cases.

Upvote 0

LostChildinTheMidst

Jun 28, 2017
Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I woke up one day and someone told me to sacrifice my son, I would probably not follow along. If I woke up and someone was traveling around proclaiming godhood one day, I would probably not follow along then either. Because the fact is, most people didn't do such things. It was always a very small group or a single person in numerous cases.
True but that's why I said I wish I was one of them because in their own free will they had the boldness and courage to follow God

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
do you ever wish you were like David or Abraham or Jacob lr Joshua? Who in their own free will followed God? Or even the 11 disciples?
No. As has been pointed out, they had many flaws.

Who in their own free will followed Jesus our God. Who had a spirit of boldness and were able to conquer many things. But instead I'm not like them. I'm like a stubborn donkey who won't repent of my sins and I don't know why. I can repent I just don't want to. I know the consequences and I continue not to change. Oh why can't I be like the men I mentioned? Who had a zeal for God. I wish I had a heart hungry for God. I once had one, but fear filled that hunger rather than the very thing I was searching for...God. I wonder if he's gonna spill his wrath on me. Man I hope not. I'm like a careless drunk. I'm so lazy. This needs to stop but I don't know how I'm going to make it.
Following Buddha's Path, I have overcome many personal faults, far more than I ever did in Christianity. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostChildinTheMidst

Jun 28, 2017
Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No. As has been pointed out, they had many flaws.

Following Buddha's Path, I have overcome many personal faults, far more than I ever did in Christianity. :)
I'm sorry but I don't want to settle for less comfort in a religion that isn't a truth. I'd rather suffer now and be glorified with Christ later, but I'm having a hard time with so

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry but I don't want to settle for less comfort in a religion that isn't a truth. I'd rather suffer now and be glorified with Christ later, but I'm having a hard time with so
I wish I could say I met Christ (the person), and know with a certainty of his existence and nature, but I do not. That was one reason why I embraced Buddhism. :)

Upvote 0

Vyrzaharak

Jul 8, 2017
✟18,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wish I could say I met Christ (the person), and know with a certainty of his existence and nature, but I do not. That was one reason why I embraced Buddhism. :)

I neither claim to know nor to have met Christ, nor will I begrudge another of their path, however, regardless of your views there is truth in that person's statement. Truth, if it objectively exists, is irrelevant to anyone's feelings or experience.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
I neither claim to know nor to have met Christ, nor will I begrudge another of their path, however, regardless of your views there is truth in that person's statement. Truth, if it objectively exists, is irrelevant to anyone's feelings or experience.
I agree that everyone must observe Truth for him- or herself. My statement is merely my own perspective of Truth.

Reactions: Vyrzaharak
Upvote 0

LostChildinTheMidst

Jun 28, 2017
Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you met buddha? may I ask for your name I would like to pray for you dear friend ❤️

• Friendly
Reactions: ananda
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Have you met buddha? may I ask for your name I would like to pray for you dear friend ❤️
No, I have never met the Buddha ... but Buddhism does not depend on faith in a personality (the Buddha) - it depends on the message itself (testable and applicable in the here & now).

Upvote 0

LostChildinTheMidst

Jun 28, 2017
Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, I have never met the Buddha ... but Buddhism does not depend on faith in a personality (the Buddha) - it depends on the message itself (testable and applicable in the here & now).
Please friend, Buddhism isn't the way.

Upvote 0

Vyrzaharak

Jul 8, 2017
✟18,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

That is, sadly, Christianity's biggest flaw. Knowing that if Yeh'shua is not what he claimed to be, that the entirety of Christianity itself comes crashing down.

Upvote 0

LostChildinTheMidst

Jun 28, 2017
Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is, sadly, Christianity's biggest flaw. Knowing that if Yeh'shua is not what he claimed to be, that the entirety of Christianity itself comes crashing down.
Jesus is who he claims to Be,

Upvote 0

LostChildinTheMidst

Jun 28, 2017
Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
David was not a particularly "righteous" man. He took a senior officer's wife, then engineered his death. Abraham had his faults too. Twice he used his wife to deceive a ruler where he had taken refuge and put her in grave moral danger. Moses committed murder, then fled justice. Joseph, however much you might feel he was justified, deceived his brothers and caused both them and his father real heartache. Jacob was an outright scoundrel.

The scriptures are full of people just like you, Lost Child. Paul himself had the same questions - Why do I do the things I know I shouldn't and don't even really want to? What don't I do the things I know I should? "What a wretched person I am!"

God loves all lost children - especially those who realise they're lost and wish they weren't. And perfect love defeats fear. Mental rigour and sound analysis don't - but love does. We are shown heros of the old days as inspiration, sure. But we are not told to emulate them. We are told to look to Jesus the Christ, who is our model and our goal, and whose likeness we are promised by the grace of God our Father.

Be of good cheer! Believe that God wishes you to become like his Son, and asks for your willingness to accept what he can do in and to you to get you there. "Just" let him take control. (I know very well that's a very big "just!")
I don't care about the righteousness part I care about the regardless of what they did, God still was with them.

Upvote 0