Do you dress provocatively for your spouse?

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Um - he is already married.
Read his post again.

Ah, now I see it. :oops: I was more focused on the last part about the quote about their wedding night, so then I somehow "overlooked" the part about her being his wife.

I apologize for my mistake SgtBen, may God still bless you and your wife richly! :)

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
YESSSSS
And if he don't notice, which i can't imagine why he wouldn't.
Get less and less with the clothing every night.
Then after a few days of trying and YOU STILL GET NO RESPONSE...
Throw on the moo moo and call the girlfriends and laugh yourself silly...........then call her back when he's gone and cry on her shoulder.
You know the drill (haha)

But do make sure you know his level of tiredness etc...
And yours too, don't put it on if you can't bring it to the table.
Get you a bottle of vitamin E oil ( my preference ) and complain about a neck ache........:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For the record, I think the term "wife beater" is a horrible name for anything.
Now don't get me wrong I'm certainly no prude, but that crosses the line for me. The fact that we casually name an article of clothing after a serious matter is disgusting.
At one time it was not considered serious or disgusting. Ads like this were in many popular magazines back in the 1940s and 50s:

373F572300000578-0-image-a-1_1471256737874.jpg

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Earlier I was too much shy for this, also been struggling with a lot of bad self esteem. My mother was always very condemning and looks obsessed, this too gave a lot of wrong ideas about the concepts of beauty. I often felt a sort of disgust towards sex and I still can struggle with this at times, I also don't always feel as attractive. Though recently I have become more confident and we are working with this part, wearing cute/sexy lingerie for my husband, and it sure helps when he lets me know I am beautiful. :)

Even telling this makes me feel kind of embarrassed and shy. :eek:

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It may be an old thread but it is a very NEEDED thread...

After being married 26 years, I can tell you that wives become too complacent sometimes and think "their Christian husband could never be tempted by anyone else" - well that is simply UNTRUE.

Now, while it is the man's responsibility to take care of his wife, to provide for her, to make her feel loved, respected, and cherished (AND meet her physical needs) - it is the wife's responsibility to meet her husband's sexual needs - if not her - who will?

I believe the church does a horrible job of teaching singles and young marrieds on sex in marriage. All they ever teach is WAIT, but they don't teach, especially the women, how important sex is to a man, ESPECIALLY Christian men.

So while a man looking at inappropriate content, flirting online, in person, or whatever the case may be is not something that can be condoned or that he can TOTALLY blame on his wife, for we all make our OWN decisions, MANY, MANY times the wife is doing NOTHING to prevent her husband from turning to such things!

So YES, men are VERY VISUAL creatures, if our wife wears something sexy we will notice - and if she doesn't, we will notice THAT too!

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To the OP, if they're still around...

What's wrong with cotton boxers?! :rage: Silk boxers are just... ahem.
So, that leads me to ask: do women really like their men in silk?

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,887.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The last few times I did dress up, hubby has fallen straight to sleep, snoring within less than a minute! Well, back to my flannels. Yes, men really should make the effort as well. Hubby threw out his silks and satins a few years ago and has shown no interest in getting any more. Since then, I've had no desire to bother with mine, either. It's really not fair to expect only one spouse to make the effort when it should be a team effort. Get my motor running and I'll get yours running, too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The last few times I did dress up, hubby has fallen straight to sleep, snoring within less than a minute! Well, back to my flannels.....Get my motor running and I'll get yours running, too.
OR - she comes to bed provocatively dressed; and SHE is snoring 60 seconds later. And you don't DARE wake her up ....

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
OR - she comes to bed provocatively dressed; and SHE is snoring 60 seconds later. And you don't DARE wake her up ....

If she is dressed provocatively, your fault for LETTING her fall to sleep...LOL!

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If she is dressed provocatively, your fault for LETTING her fall to sleep...LOL!
NO it isn't. She dressed for comfort but wanted nothing to do with being intimate. She got upset at me for not having "self control" and being interested in having sex.

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The last few times I did dress up, hubby has fallen straight to sleep, snoring within less than a minute! Well, back to my flannels. Yes, men really should make the effort as well. Hubby threw out his silks and satins a few years ago and has shown no interest in getting any more. Since then, I've had no desire to bother with mine, either. It's really not fair to expect only one spouse to make the effort when it should be a team effort. Get my motor running and I'll get yours running, too.

Oh no, I completely agree that it should be a team effort (and a fun effort for both!), I just didn't realize women preferred men in silk over cotton in those intimate settings.

Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

ChristopherK

Jun 2, 2017
New York
✟13,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I need to hear a woman's perspective, because it's not like men are given lingerie to wear for their spouses. lol! I've heard visually woman find a white tank top, fitted jeans and boots attractive as if you were working construction or something, but do YOU LADIES have suggestions? Thanks. ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChristopherK

Jun 2, 2017
New York
✟13,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It depends on your wife. What does she like? If she suggests something would you do it for her?

Absolutely. She likes the towel wrapped around my waste after the shower or the jeans, white tank and boots. Unfortunately our marriage is in trouble at the moment however due to her wanting to separate because of theological debates we've had for years and her recent emotional affair w/ a man from her work. I've repented for those debates and have been actively fighting for our marriage to win out for the past 8 months. Sorry for the detour, but if you guys would pray for us that would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jeans and unbuttoned shirt.
A tie and sexy boxers.
A cowboy hat (to cover with) and a flower, gently smiling.
A suit, Pad, Paper, glasses - taking inventory of her "likes". Let her know that you'll be taking notes along the way, she has to give each "like" a score from 1-10

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely. She likes the towel wrapped around my waste after the shower or the jeans, white tank and boots. Unfortunately our marriage is in trouble at the moment however due to her wanting to separate because of theological debates we've had for years and her recent emotional affair w/ a man from her work. I've repented for those debates and have been actively fighting for our marriage to win out for the past 8 months. Sorry for the detour, but if you guys would pray for us that would be much appreciated.
Then I would go for that last one I gave you, and not only sexually, but also mentally, emotionally etc etc. NOW thats a big turn on for a woman, is that she is being heard.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,887.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jeans and unbuttoned shirt.
A tie and sexy boxers.
A cowboy hat (to cover with) and a flower, gently smiling.
A suit, Pad, Paper, glasses - taking inventory of her "likes". Let her know that you'll be taking notes along the way, she has to give each "like" a score from 1-10
Speedos. I keep suggesting that to hubby and he adamantly refuses. I don't see why, he has the body for it!

Great ideas, SP! :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0