Do you believe you're the chosen generation now?

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is something I've been looking into for a few years now and I was highly skeptical of it because such a thing seems so unlikely. However after looking into it long enough I feel very satisfied with what I now know to say with confidence we are the generation Jesus said would not pass until these things happened. I'll start with trying to figure out exactly what year is it. I found this was important because the bible says a 1000 years is like a day to the lord and a day is like 1000 years and God made everything in 6 days. Obviously I thought it was just figurative but I've come to learn most of the bible is literal if not all. So it eventually made sense to me that 6000 years must pass before the last 1000 years of the millennium kingdom begins. So if I could figure out what year we were in then I could see how close we were to the rapture.

Just thinking about how advanced our technology is I couldn't see the tribulation happening in 200-300 years even though the Jewish calendar says the year is 5782. Obviously if this is correct then theres no way the rapture is happening in my life. I then dug deeper into the topic and eventually found this youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/FullBibleTimeline

https://www.fullbibletimeline.com/

The year would be around 5993 which would put the rapture if pretrib within a few years. So that was a huge relief. Then of course Putin(who is clearly gog) invaded ukraine which is setting the stage for ww3 and the gog magog invasion. These things are just the tip of the iceberg but there is no longer any doubt in my mind the rapture is near and will be within a few years. So get ready everyone.

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
This is something I've been looking into for a few years now and I was highly skeptical of it because such a thing seems so unlikely. However after looking into it long enough I feel very satisfied with what I now know to say with confidence we are the generation Jesus said would not pass until these things happened. I'll start with trying to figure out exactly what year is it. I found this was important because the bible says a 1000 years is like a day to the lord and a day is like 1000 years and God made everything in 6 days. Obviously I thought it was just figurative but I've come to learn most of the bible is literal if not all. So it eventually made sense to me that 6000 years must pass before the last 1000 years of the millennium kingdom begins. So if I could figure out what year we were in then I could see how close we were to the rapture.

Just thinking about how advanced our technology is I couldn't see the tribulation happening in 200-300 years even though the Jewish calendar says the year is 5782. Obviously if this is correct then theres no way the rapture is happening in my life. I then dug deeper into the topic and eventually found this youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/FullBibleTimeline

The year would be around 5993 which would put the rapture if pretrib within a few years. So that was a huge relief. Then of course Putin(who is clearly gog) invaded ukraine which is setting the stage for ww3 and the gog magog invasion. These things are just the tip of the iceberg but there is no longer any doubt in my mind the rapture is near and will be within a few years. So get ready everyone.
Add China into that mix, and the pandemic, and you will have even more evidence.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It has always been God's intention that we "are ready" and that will never change.
It will always be "very soon now".

For example:

27 For the Son of Man will come in His Father’s glory with His angels, and then He will repay each one according to what he has done. 28 Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

25Now about virgins, I have no command from the Lord, but I give a judgment as one who by the Lord’s mercy is trustworthy. 26Because of the presentc crisis, I think it is good for a man to remain as he is. 27Are you committed to a wife? Do not seek to be released. Are you free of commitment? Do not look for a wife. 28But if you do marry, you have not sinned. And if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. But those who marry will face troubles in this life, and I want to spare you this.29What I am saying, brothers, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they had none; 30those who weep, as if they did not; those who are joyful, as if they were not; those who make a purchase, as if they had nothing; 31and those who use the things of this world, as if not dependent on them. For this world in its present form is passing away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,559.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus literally told us that we won't know the day nor the hour, so that means we can't really calculate it.

Many in spite of that have tried, and part of what drove them is an inability to see how humanity could continue on for hundreds of years or how different we would be after hundreds of years. There were Christians in and just after NT times who couldn't fathom that Rome would fall before Jesus came back. In the Middle Ages, there were Christians who thought a world population in the mere millions was crowded enough and who wouldn't have been able to imagine the globe as we know it today. This is to say nothing of taming electricity, human flight, putting a man on the moon, and the Internet. We don't know what we don't know, and since we don't know what the future will be like in 100 years, we are tempted to believe the world will end before then. It might, but it doesn't have to, and if it doesn't, the faith will live on in ways that we might have trouble imagining.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus literally told us that we won't know the day nor the hour, so that means we can't really calculate it.

Many in spite of that have tried, and part of what drove them is an inability to see how humanity could continue on for hundreds of years or how different we would be after hundreds of years. There were Christians in and just after NT times who couldn't fathom that Rome would fall before Jesus came back. In the Middle Ages, there were Christians who thought a world population in the mere millions was crowded enough and who wouldn't have been able to imagine the globe as we know it today. This is to say nothing of taming electricity, human flight, putting a man on the moon, and the Internet. We don't know what we don't know, and since we don't know what the future will be like in 100 years, we are tempted to believe the world will end before then. It might, but it doesn't have to, and if it doesn't, the faith will live on in ways that we might have trouble imagining.

Your point seems to be that because people were wrong in the past that people today are probably wrong and that's obviously not a very good point. My point is we have very good reasons to believe this ACTUALLY is the time and I gave good reasons for that. Unlike the previous generations I have the luxury of seeing where they were wrong and not making those same mistakes. The difference in technology between now and 100 years ago is the difference between the mark of the beast technology being impossible to being superseded. You can of course disagree and you will because that's what you like to do but it does nothing for the body of christ to do so.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,559.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Your point seems to be that because people were wrong in the past that people today are probably wrong and that's obviously not a very good point. My point is we have very good reasons to believe this ACTUALLY is the time and I gave good reasons for that. Unlike the previous generations I have the luxury of seeing where they were wrong and not making those same mistakes.
There have been several failed predictions of Christ's return in the last 30 years. There was a major one in 2011 (by someone who previously predicted it would be 1994).

The difference in technology between now and 100 years ago is the difference between the mark of the beast technology being impossible to being superseded.
There have been many interpretations about what the mark would actually be as far back as Roman times. They didn't believe that the mark was impossible before the technology we have today. They didn't have any idea that the technology that we have today could possibly exist. The mark may not depend on the technology we have today.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There have been several failed predictions of Christ's return in the last 30 years. There was a major one in 2011 (by someone who previously predicted it would be 1994).

There have been many interpretations about what the mark would actually be as far back as Roman times. They didn't believe that the mark was impossible before the technology we have today. They didn't have any idea that the technology that we have today could possibly exist. The mark may not depend on the technology we have today.

If we know what year it is, we can easily see when the second coming would be. God made everything in 6 days and rested on the 7th day. A day to the lord is like a 1000 years and 1000 years is like a day. This is the strongest argument I've seen for when the second coming is. I know unless the bible says the second coming is after 6000 years you are just gonna deny it and that's fine but people have good reason to be encouraged.

• Agree
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,559.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If we know what year it is, we can easily see when the second coming would be. God made everything in 6 days and rested on the 7th day. A day to the lord is like a 1000 years and 1000 years is like a day. This is the strongest argument I've seen for when the second coming is. I know unless the bible says the second coming is after 6000 years you are just gonna deny it and that's fine but people have good reason to be encouraged.
As Jesus said, no one knows the day nor the hour. If we don't know the day or the hour, we can't calculate the day nor the hour. Jesus could come sooner than that or later than that. That's my point.

If it happens much, much later, as in not in your lifetime, will your faith survive? I want it to.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟420,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The biggest reason/prophecy is that Israel is a nation again. It says this generation shall not pass away until all these things will be fulfilled. In 2018 Israel is 70 years old- a life span according to the latest Bible. Or 80 years if you are strong according to another place. So the way things look earthquakes, wars, rumors of wars, famine pestilence. And the approach of eze38&39 war. Rapture could be anytime.

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟92,231.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Live everyday like Jesus is coming today, but also live everyday like you will be here spreading the Gospel for 100 years.

Jesus said that there will be wars before His return, Christians however always speak as if the current war must be (or at least partly) the one Jesus talked about.

That being said, I too believe we are no more than years, maybe couple of decades away, we just have to be careful and not to get distracted by the current events in our mission of spreading the Gospel until our last moment, whatever this may be. If we indeed are only years away, the current situation in the world, including covid is nothing compared to things to come. Maybe things from now on will go very quickly, and things will get worse drastically. Look what covid did to the world, and I fear there are yet much deadlier pandemics yet to come, what will we do then?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟92,231.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The biggest reason/prophecy is that Israel is a nation again. It says this generation shall not pass away until all these things will be fulfilled. In 2018 Israel is 70 years old- a life span according to the latest Bible. Or 80 years if you are strong according to another place. So the way things look earthquakes, wars, rumors of wars, famine pestilence. And the approach of eze38&39 war. Rapture could be anytime.

I certainly hope so, cannot wait until we are with the Lord, can't begin my day without thinking about it. Come Lord Jesus!

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If it happens much, much later, as in not in your lifetime, will your faith survive? I want it to.

My faith isn't based on being right about the rapture. I know I don't know I'm simply bringing forward information that I find very compelling.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,056,358.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we know what year it is, we can easily see when the second coming would be. God made everything in 6 days and rested on the 7th day. A day to the lord is like a 1000 years and 1000 years is like a day.

The important word there being LIKE.
It's not literal, it's poetic and is illustrating that God is outside time and our timescale is not his.
Just like when Jesus told Peter to forgive 70x7: he did not mean to keep count, so that on the 491st time we can refuse to forgive and get revenge. People would have understood at the time, and understand now, that Jesus means, "forgive continually/endlessly; don't keep count."

The whole point about Jesus' return is that we don't know when it will be, we are to preach the Gospel, serve God, be ready and keep the faith.
There are several parables about a king/bridegroom returning unexpectedly, and teaching about staying awake and being prepared.

• Winner
Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟965,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Every generation since the resurrection has thought Christ will return in their lifetime. Each identified signs they thought pointed to this.

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Matthew 24 36:44

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Meaning as the last generation? Yes .. that being said every generation that came before also believed they were :) Now what they never had going for them was Israel as a nation. Israel becoming a nation..its written will be come one in one day. That is exactly what happened. And the world sees Israel blooming. God is out side of time so this can last another day or 30 years and still be in line with the word.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bruce Leiter

A sinner saved by God's astounding grace and love
Jun 16, 2018
West Michigan
Visit site
✟56,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

How do you know that the starting point in your calculations is correct? There have to be gaps in the geneologies because ancient writing, though fully-inspired, was not like our modern writing.

You say for me to get ready; I'm ready all the time. However, Jesus will come but perhaps not by your calculations.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0