ForJesusChrist

Follower of Christ
Feb 26, 2014
✟18,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know a lot of people who believe in ghosts and hauntings and haunted houses etc, etc. But I have to say I do not. I am not afraid of the dark what so ever and I don't believe in ghosts. My friends laugh at me and tell me if I keep saying this stuff one day I'll see a ghost and wish I never disbelieved. Anyway, the only remotely ghastly thing that has happened to me is that one night, as I was lying in bed, the door to my room flew open. And I mean flew open. It slammed into the wall and I was freaked out. I ran downstairs to my parents both in the living room, so it wasn't them, and my brother was asleep, not him. Still to this day no explanation to it, but my brother told me the same exact thing happened to him once.

But any who, here is my theory to disprove ghosts.

When people die, they go to heaven or hell. They don't get 'lost', they don't decide to stay on earth, because if they did I bet you tons of people would stay and every house would be haunted.

I'm just looking for opinions here,

God Bless

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Some people I know who are reliable have seen them or felt their presence. Indian boys in 29 Palms California. A scary spirit in a grave yard in Peru Nebraska. Something is there. I don't think death is as cut and dried as good go up and bad go down. At least not all the time.

Upvote 0

ForJesusChrist

Follower of Christ
Feb 26, 2014
✟18,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some people I know who are reliable have seen them or felt their presence. Indian boys in 29 Palms California. A scary spirit in a grave yard in Peru Nebraska. Something is there. I don't think death is as cut and dried as good go up and bad go down. At least not all the time.

How would one avoid heaven or hell exactly?

God Bless

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My family and I have had many "ghost" experiences over the years...

I can't determine whether they are departed souls, demons, or other kinds of "spirits".

Some are intensely evil, but most seem curious. A few have been playful.

Slamming doors open is a typical ghost behavior, as are turning lights on and off, moving chairs around (or making them squeak), and "borrowing" items (tools, calculators, etc.) for a short time, then returning them.

Actually, I'm not afraid of ghosts or the dark. As I mentioned, most of them I've encountered have been harmless. The 1 or 2 evil ones I've encountered produced fear, but I don't know if there was real danger, or just an illusion of it.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

When people die, they go to heaven or hell. They don't get 'lost', they don't decide to stay on earth, because if they did I bet you tons of people would stay and every house would be haunted.

What if Heaven and Hell don't exist? I'm not saying this as an atheist. I'm saying this as someone who is curious.

I've had too many experiences to count, and I can't tell why spirits would stay. Sometimes it's from guilt, high emotions, something unfinished, something evil, or sudden, unexpected deaths.

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
My family and I have had many "ghost" experiences over the years...

I can't determine whether they are departed souls, demons, or other kinds of "spirits".

Some are intensely evil, but most seem curious. A few have been playful.

Slamming doors open is a typical ghost behavior, as are turning lights on and off, moving chairs around (or making them squeak), and "borrowing" items (tools, calculators, etc.) for a short time, then returning them.

Actually, I'm not afraid of ghosts or the dark. As I mentioned, most of them I've encountered have been harmless. The 1 or 2 evil ones I've encountered produced fear, but I don't know if there was real danger, or just an illusion of it.

Yep. I know it well.

They are "curious" and "nice" if you play ball and, even unwittingly allow them to energy mine i.e. give them what they want/indulge them. As soon as you do not, they become mean and incredibly vicious. Sometimes these entities just decide to skip it and mine energy by being themselves - evil.

They lie, they deceive, and they pretend to be familiar. "Ghosts" exist - they are called demons. No Human is waiting to move on... everyone is waiting judgment. Demons, by definition, are the remnant of angel/human products who remain spiritually awake on earth, forced to wander forever. They beg to possess a body, which is where you (hukans) come in.

Even some unbelievers will invoke Christ when assaulted by them, and they have been around for thousands of years watching us (their fathers were watcher angels.) So, often times they will be able to impersonate a dead relative precisely and accurately. It is a lie: call on Christ with faith, belief and authority and watch them smolder before being forced to leave.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's hard to give a categorical answer, depending on what is meant by ghosts.

Hebrews 1 refers to 'ministering spirits, send to minister to them that shall be heirs of salvations': these are angels, good spirits. There are good spirits and bad spirits; but 'Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world' (1 John 4.4).

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I don't believe in ghosts, but I am scared of the dark. I sometimes have to check my room (including cupboards) before I go to sleep. I'm better when I'm in a room with a lock high above the street, but when I'm home (one floor up with no lock) I feel less safe. I'm not sure if I'm scared of monsters, or of murderers and rapists.

I've known people who've said they seen a ghost, but when you question them, they seem to give only vague descriptions, which leads me to wonder if they really saw what they think they saw.

The most convincing story I've heard is from a couple I know well... they apparently, years ago, both saw back in time (for a few seconds) while walking down a street. Which isn't ghosts, so much as general weirdness.

(Even as a Christian I don't think I believed in ghosts. I did believe in demons though.)

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Jesus says ghosts exist.

Luke 24:39New International Version (NIV)

39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

That doesn't mean Jesus believed in ghosts. If someone thought I was a ghost, I might say 'touch me... see'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know a lot of people who believe in ghosts and hauntings and haunted houses etc, etc. But I have to say I do not. I am not afraid of the dark what so ever and I don't believe in ghosts. My friends laugh at me and tell me if I keep saying this stuff one day I'll see a ghost and wish I never disbelieved. Anyway, the only remotely ghastly thing that has happened to me is that one night, as I was lying in bed, the door to my room flew open. And I mean flew open. It slammed into the wall and I was freaked out. I ran downstairs to my parents both in the living room, so it wasn't them, and my brother was asleep, not him. Still to this day no explanation to it, but my brother told me the same exact thing happened to him once.

I'm just looking for opinions here,

God Bless
Yes I believe in ghosts and had personal encounters. I really don't care what people say I know they are real

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
That would make you an atheist, not an agnostic. Might want to work on your online title under your name.

Being agnostic or atheist doesn't exclude one from also being the other. I myself am an agnostic atheist. Agnostic is a knowledge statement, and atheist is a views statement.

Upvote 0

madaz

dyslexic agnostic insomniac
Mar 14, 2012
Gold Coast Australia
✟9,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That would make you an atheist, not an agnostic. Might want to work on your online title under your name.

You might want to work on your definition of theistic positions.

I'm am like many atheists are, agnostic.

Upvote 0