Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Only you have said the opposite many times. You cannot have it both ways.
Well, no, I have not. I have said God is the cause of the fact there is sin, but not that God sins, nor that God tempts anyone. God has caused that sin be. He has even caused that what specifically happens is what happens. But anyone that sins does their own sinning. God does what he does by use of all other things bearing on the decision to sin. It is not random, it is not uncaused decision. God is first cause, and therefore regardless of whatever degrees of separation you may claim, he is still the first cause of all else that happens and that is.

There is no place for mere chance, nor true spontaneity by the creature. There is, however, true will and true choice.

And no, I have not said he is THE cause, nor even the PRIMARY cause. But I seem to recall you taking it that way, to which I responded that you mistook me.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, no, I have not. I have said God is the cause of the fact there is sin, but not that God sins, nor that God tempts anyone. God has caused that sin be. He has even caused that what specifically happens is what happens. But anyone that sins does their own sinning. God does what he does by use of all other things bearing on the decision to sin. It is not random, it is not uncaused decision. God is first cause, and therefore regardless of whatever degrees of separation you may claim, he is still the first cause of all else that happens and that is.

There is no place for mere chance, nor true spontaneity by the creature. There is, however, true will and true choice.

And no, I have not said he is THE cause, nor even the PRIMARY cause. But I seem to recall you taking it that way, to which I responded that you mistook me.
Lol...I can't even. Your whole post here is one long self contradiction.
You're definitely trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Upvote 0