Do you believe in Creationism or Evolutionism?

Are you a Creationist as per the OP definition.. a literal 7 day week of creation. Gen 1?

• yes

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • yes but I think that the entire galaxy as well as Earth, Sun and moon were created in those 7 days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but I think the entire universe was created in in those 7 literal days

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • yes - but the Bible is wrong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes - but I mix evolution with it in some way

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • No - but since I believe the Bible I think of this as a kind of creationism

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • No - creationism is wrong, the Bible is wrong, I believe evolution is the real truth

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How do I know these rocks are millions of years old? Well, I do know the earth and all in it were not created in 144 earth hours as you would like us to believe. I also know because God told me, "I created the earth and all in it, not in six rotations of the sun around the earth, which is how you calculate time, and which I created especially for you, but I created the earth from the beginning of eternity, in six of my heavenly days, where I am now, and where after all this time, I am still preparing a place for those who believe the truth.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Verses please.

Upvote 0

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I have no idea what you are talking about. Verses please.
Verses coming up. Remember the “Day of the Lord” is not 24 hours it is an event, not even a day as you might think.
Although time is eternal it is not physical, it cannot be touched, smelt, seen, changed or manipulated in any way. Yet it is without end. The Bible begins with the words “In the beginning.” The beginning is a very long time, and I explained that the word ‘day’ means a period of time from a few hours to eternity. Creation not only took several ‘days’ but they were extremely long 'days.' Geology sets a ‘day’ in stone. It is to our detriment that we take scriptures in isolation instead of as a whole. If we did, we would have a better understanding of the word yome, which in context means without end, and you know what, the earth is still going through its birth pangs so slowly, it is hardly noticeable. Here we have the word 'yome' made clear in a readily understandable context:-

1Ki_9:3 And the LORD said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before me: I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually. (yome)

1Ki_12:7 And they spake unto him, saying, If thou wilt be a servant unto this people this day, (yome) and wilt serve them, and answer them, and speak good words to them, then they will be thy servants for ever. (yome)

Gen_6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. (yome)

Psalms 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. (yome) I really hope that 'for ever' does not mean a day of twenty four hours.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
stanageedge4.jpg

You see these rocks. They came from Scotland carried down in the last ice-age. The ice was about a mile thick. When the ice melted it deposited the rocks there. People come from miles around to climb them. Again, we need to talk in millions of years.
Sedimentary rocks like those I showed you in the picture are formed by the gradual accumulation of sediments on a river bed or on the sea floor in the form of sand or mud. As the sediments are buried, they are compacted by the weight of more and more material that is deposited on top.

The weight of the sediments on top squashes or compacts the sediments at the bottom. As the water is squeezed out the sediment becomes solid rock and the fossils of those dead animals, plants and fish caught up in the watery mire are contained within the rock for geologists to find much later. It takes millions of years for this to happen and that is one day in the creation account. There are five more 'days' more before everything is complete. More importantly, even frighteningly so, is that this process of rock formation takes place AFTER creation for the fossils to be encased within the rock, so driving back the “day” (yome) of creation by a further epoch.

Coal is formed in the same way as rock, one from trees, the other from sand or mud. Coal takes 300 million years. That is a very long 'day' but so was creation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Verses coming up. Remember the “Day of the Lord” is not 24 hours it is an event, not even a day as you might think.
Although time is eternal it is not physical, it cannot be touched, smelt, seen, changed or manipulated in any way. Yet it is without end. The Bible begins with the words “In the beginning.” The beginning is a very long time, and I explained that the word ‘day’ means a period of time from a few hours to eternity. Creation not only took several ‘days’ but they were extremely long 'days.' Geology sets a ‘day’ in stone. It is to our detriment that we take scriptures in isolation instead of as a whole. If we did, we would have a better understanding of the word yome, which in context means without end, and you know what, the earth is still going through its birth pangs so slowly, it is hardly noticeable. Here we have the word 'yome' made clear in a readily understandable context:-

1Ki_9:3 And the LORD said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before me: I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually. (yome)

1Ki_12:7 And they spake unto him, saying, If thou wilt be a servant unto this people this day, (yome) and wilt serve them, and answer them, and speak good words to them, then they will be thy servants for ever. (yome)

Gen_6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. (yome)

Psalms 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. (yome) I really hope that 'for ever' does not mean a day of twenty four hours.

Exodus says, “We will go three days' H3117 journey into the wilderness, and sacrifice to the LORD our God, as he shall command us.” (Exodus 8:27).

Are we to assume that they went through long perpetual or long three long periods of time instead of three (24 hour) days? Surely not. Why? Because of the surrounding context of what was going on. The same is true with Genesis 1. The “day” (yowm) (יוֹם) ifs defined by an evening and morning (Which is a 24 hour period).

As for time:

Time is simply a measurement of the passing of chronological sequence of events.
Just as I can measure a table or a chair (It's height, depth, width, etc.). Time measures in a similiar way. It sets a marking of measurement for certain events that pass. The Bible defines these for us. Days, weeks, and years. Although the word “day” can sometimes mean a long period of time, this is not always the case. The English word “day” (yowm) is generally a 24 hour period.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sedimentary rocks like those I showed you in the picture are formed by the gradual accumulation of sediments on a river bed or on the sea floor in the form of sand or mud. As the sediments are buried, they are compacted by the weight of more and more material that is deposited on top.

The weight of the sediments on top squashes or compacts the sediments at the bottom. As the water is squeezed out the sediment becomes solid rock and the fossils of those dead animals, plants and fish caught up in the watery mire are contained within the rock for geologists to find much later. It takes millions of years for this to happen and that is one day in the creation account. There are five more 'days' more before everything is complete. More importantly, even frighteningly so, is that this process of rock formation takes place AFTER creation for the fossils to be encased within the rock, so driving back the “day” (yome) of creation by a further epoch.

Coal is formed in the same way as rock, one from trees, the other from sand or mud. Coal takes 300 million years. That is a very long 'day' but so was creation.

No. This is the result of the global flood is what you are seeing. You are just making wrong assumptions upon the rocks because you want the age of the Earth to be old because you grew up with that being beaten into you repeatedly as a child. I know, it's hard to break away from what you have been fed over and over and over and over again.

Check out this short animated video.

Side Note:

Yes, I am aware this is from AIG. So while I do not agree with the ministry focus, they do speak the truth on the topic.

Upvote 0

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Exodus says, “We will go three days' H3117 journey into the wilderness, and sacrifice to the LORD our God, as he shall command us.” (Exodus 8:27).

Are we to assume that they went through long perpetual or long three long periods of time instead of three (24 hour) days? Surely not. Why? Because of the surrounding context of what was going on. The same is true with Genesis 1. The “day” (yowm) (יוֹם) ifs defined by an evening and morning (Which is a 24 hour period).

As for time:

Time is simply a measurement of the passing of chronological sequence of events.
Just as I can measure a table or a chair (It's height, depth, width, etc.). Time measures in a similiar way. It sets a marking of measurement for certain events that pass. The Bible defines these for us. Days, weeks, and years. Although the word “day” can sometimes mean a long period of time, this is not always the case. The English word “day” (yowm) is generally a 24 hour period.
It depends on context.

As for measurement, feet and inches are physical and visible. Not so with time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
No. This is the result of the global flood is what you are seeing. You are just making wrong assumptions upon the rocks because you want the age of the Earth to be old because you grew up with that being beaten into you repeatedly as a child. I know, it's hard to break away from what you have been fed over and over and over and over again.

Check out this short animated video.

Side Note:

Yes, I am aware this is from AIG. So while I do not agree with the ministry focus, they do speak the truth on the topic.
That is fine providing the reader correctly understands the Bible, and as you will know from the many arguments on the forums, people interpret the same passage of scripture in many different ways, even between the two of us.

For example, you speak of a global flood, while I say it was local to the Land of Israel, upon which the Bible is rooted, and as evidence, I point out that it is very unlikely Noah ever went to the Arctic Circle to bring back polar bears, or Australia to bring back kangaroos. The animals that went into the ark were local to him.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is fine providing the reader correctly understands the Bible, and as you will know from the many arguments on the forums, people interpret the same passage of scripture in many different ways, even between the two of us.

For example, you speak of a global flood, while I say it was local to the Land of Israel, upon which the Bible is rooted, and as evidence, I point out that it is very unlikely Noah ever went to the Arctic Circle to bring back polar bears, or Australia to bring back kangaroos. The animals that went into the ark were local to him.

See, this is the problem. You are not reading and believing Scripture.

You say the flood was local. But that is not what Scripture says. It tells us that it was global.

“And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that wereunder the whole heaven, were covered. Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered. And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.” (Genesis 7:19-21).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It depends on context.

As for measurement, feet and inches are physical and visible. Not so with time.

Time is measured by looking at the increments or segments of the sequences of events. Sequences of events are physical. We see a moving sequences of events taking place and we can measure the passage of time with the changes we see. God created the measurements for time by giving us days, weeks, months, seasons, and years.

For example: If you recorded a video of some dog catching a frisbee, this would be a recording of an event in time. There are literal seconds that take place during this event. This event happened on a specific day, on a specific week, on a specific month, and on a specific year.

Upvote 0

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Time is measured by looking at the increments or segments of the sequences of events. Sequences of events are physical. We see a moving sequences of events taking place and we can measure the passage of time with the changes we see. God created the measurements for time by giving us days, weeks, months, seasons, and years.

For example: If you recorded a video of some dog catching a frisbee, this would be a recording of an event in time. There are literal seconds that take place during this event. This event happened on a specific day, on a specific week, on a specific month, and on a specific year.
You are talking about a moment in time which of course can be measured, but time itself has no beginning or end.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
See, this is the problem. You are not reading and believing Scripture.

You say the flood was local. But that is not what Scripture says. It tells us that it was global.

“And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that wereunder the whole heaven, were covered. Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered. And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.” (Genesis 7:19-21).
All the earth was a reference to the land of Israel. That is who the Tanaka was written about. It is not about the whole world. You will also read that locust covered the whole earth, but locust are not global.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are talking about a moment in time which of course can be measured, but time itself has no beginning or end.

For mankind it does. In the beginning God created (Genesis 1:1). The end is the purification of this world by fire (2 Peter 3:10, 2 Peter 3:12).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All the earth was a reference to the land of Israel. That is who the Tanaka was written about. It is not about the whole world. You will also read that locust covered the whole earth, but locust are not global.

Our God is a God of miracles and He can break outside of the norms of Science. That is what a miracle is. It is God breaking the normal workings of Science or the laws of physics.

Anyways, you need a verse or passage that is more clear in that it says that Israel is the whole world. I get no indication that this is so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1an

Dec 4, 2011
✟48,487.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Our God is a God of miracles and He can break outside of the norms of Science. That is what a miracle is. It is God breaking the normal workings of Science or the laws of physics.

Anyways, you need a verse or passage that is more clear in that it says that Israel is the whole world. I get no indication that this is so.
Israel is NOT the whole world. The flood and the locusts only covered the whole land of Israel.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Israel is NOT the whole world. The flood and the locusts only covered the whole land of Israel.

Can you point to me which verse or passage you are referring to?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@1an

Also, Genesis 7 says,

and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.” (Genesis 7:19).

So this would not be a true statement. If this only referred to the land of Israel, then the verse would say that all the high hills under the heaven were covered. But this says the WHOLE heaven. This is in reference to all of the skies. All the high hills under the the whole sky were covered. That is what this is saying.

Upvote 0