Do you believe a massive Holy Spirit tsunami is coming?

Is an outpouring of the Holy Spirit coming soon?

• We already got it on the Day of Pentecost in Acts 2.

• Yes, a MUCH greater outpouring is coming soon!

• ! think that things will continue pretty much as they are now!

• No, I think that the dark side of the force is taking over until 2nd coming!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just wondering how people think there is a revival coming before Jesus comes back when the Bible says that just as the days of Noah were, so shall the coming of the Son of Man be.... Seems contradictory at best... I do think there will be many who get saved, but saying revival is a bit extreme I think, that makes it seem as if we will be able to talk about the Lord anywhere without fear of persecution, and that is not correct...

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Just wondering how people think there is a revival coming before Jesus comes back when the Bible says that just as the days of Noah were, so shall the coming of the Son of Man be.... Seems contradictory at best... I do think there will be many who get saved, but saying revival is a bit extreme I think, that makes it seem as if we will be able to talk about the Lord anywhere without fear of persecution, and that is not correct...

Part of the reason is because there is a prophecy in Hosea that in our affliction we will seek God early!

Hosea 5:15
I will go [and] return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

Also there is a prophecy in the Catholic Bible of the "restoration of the lost tribes of Israel" that fits perfectly with the Protestant Bible and that event certainly has not yet occurred.

Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible, Ecclesiasticus Chapter 48

And Elias the prophet stood up, as a fire, and his word burnt like a torch. [2] He brought a famine upon them, and they that provoked him in their envy, were reduced to a small number, for they could not endure the commandments of the Lord. [3] By the word of the Lord he shut up the heaven, and he brought down fire from heaven thrice. [4] Thus was Elias magnified in his wondrous works. And who can glory like to thee? [5] Who raisedst up a dead man from below, from the lot of death, by the word of the Lord God.

[6] Who broughtest down kings to destruction, and brokest easily their power in pieces, and the glorious from their bed. [7] Who heardest judgment in Sina, and in Horeb the judgments of vengeance. [8] Who anointedst kings to penance, and madest prophets successors after thee. [9] Who wast taken up in a whirlwind of fire, in a chariot of fiery horses. [10] Who art registered in the judgments of times to appease the wrath of the Lord, to reconcile the heart of the father to the son, and to restore the tribes of Jacob.

Tsvi Misinai has done amazing scholarship based not only on history but also on new genetic research that 86% of the Palestinians are descended from the Jews who were left in the province of Judaea to grow olive oil and grain and pay taxes to Rome. The Messianic Jewish community of the time of the Bar Kochba Revolt DID NOT join in the revolt....and thus did not have to be expelled from the land when the revolt was crushed by Rome.

When the lost tribes of Israel are restored.....the Israeli Palestinian conflict will be dramatically!!!!!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Mine was in 1984, I saw myself going through a series of events which were impossiable for me to understand or interpet almost any of it, but my pastor at that time, who was also in the dream interpeted it, an so much of so far has came true, even though it didn't seem at the time possiable. Part of the dream was after I had came out of a dark tunnel leaving my pastor behind, I had to go through him to get out to the light. When I came out the sky was the most beautiful orange glow with white clouds, an to the east I saw lightning strikes....I heard myself later say that there was going to be a great revival, one last great fire....I don't know why I said that but a power I never felt ever before fell on me, in so much that I felt nothing was impossiable...the dream goes on but my pastor said the sky represented revival.....an that me going through him in the tunnel showed that the day was coming when we would part ways, me going past him was very sorrowful an full of strife.......I didn't believe this could happen, I lovede my pastor like a best friend an father....but yrs later it happened, we have not walked or talked together in yrs now an I have no clue where he is these days.....ok too much ramble...sorry.

Wow!

Awesome visionary dream!

I think that many of us have to diverge off in other directions from a favourite pastor or even from a specific denomination as we receive a higher level of the Holy Spirit.

Just as when God tested Abraham and then afterward stated that NOW I know that you fearest God!!!!

Genesis 22:12
And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only [son] from me.

God has to get to know us through allowing us to face tests where we put God ahead of a pastor or church!!!!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
yes, the coming Great Revival will be in groups and denominations that believe on Him.

Our church believes this to the point of getting better prepared. We have packets that contains pamphlets on salvation and other basic Biblical information so we're increasing the quantity of those. If they decide to attend our church, we're including where our church is located, times of services, etc. We've decided how we're going to handle services when additional people come into the church, parking, etc. We've prepared our fundamental belief statements for distribution.

That is awesome!!!

Not long ago I was watching Miracle Channel and they talked about a study taht was conducted showing that it is amazing how many people never receive an actual invitation to a church service!!!!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I don't know that the "Jewish People" or our relationship with them is a real issue, but there ARE "Times of refreshing" - the last MAJOR ONE was 1966-1978 or so, and it was GLOBAL in its effect. It Changed almost every denominational group (whether they liked it or not), and introduced MANY concepts to the Body of Christ that weren't as well perceived before.

I expect that there'll be several more times of refreshing/revivals in the future - and it's about time for another to roll through.

Exactly what I was thinking too!

Thank you for giving the years 1966 to 1978 because I was born in 1959 and noticed much of that transformation from my own perspective up here in Nova Scotia, Canada.

I personally got angry at God when I was very young, took to evolutionary theory in GRade 2, but then was drawn to God and got into the Bible due to the preaching of Mr. Garner TEd Armstrong!

By 1990 I had to separate from the Worldwide Church of God but that was a major learning experience for me since I had made the church into somewhat of an idol!!!!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It began at Pentecost -and has not ceased to wave to fro across the centuries.
the former rain for the planting and the latter rain for the surge of growth before the harvest - the days of which we are already in .

over the late 1980's to late 1990s over 10million decision card to follow the lord Jesus were signed in the gospel crusades throughout Uganda

the rich nations have been to busy to consider the invitation ,so caught up in the cares of this world .. so the master has sent the messengers into the highways and byways, inviting them to the marriage supper of the Lamb .and the final gathering in and dividing of the tares from the wheat is soon upon us .

This idea of revival waving to and fro is indeed interesting!

In virtually every way imaginable the creation is a second Word of God, comparable with scripture. A valid analogy from nature always has some sort of valid meaning for those of us who serve God.

It is amazing how many of the parables of Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua were based on events within creation!

I guess the Ephesus/Apostolic era of the church corresponds in many ways to the first harvest in Judaea, the barley and winter wheat harvest. I believe that the autumn harvest is much much much larger and has greater variety!

Upvote 0

thegospel4all

Aug 10, 2012
✟15,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree with Onlybygrace84, if we believe scripture, we should and I do, we know that the days are growing darker and darker.

We know that this coming time will "weed" out those who sit in seats at churches but are not saved, do not love The Lord Jesus Christ and are not willing to live and die for Him and His Word.

I'm not a believer in the pre-trib rapture, thus all of what Revelation and other scripture says about the end times, makes much more sense and has clarity it didn't have when I believed we would escape. What scripture is clear about and is clearly happening, is that evil is growing and mounting like a tsunami wave in the world, against God's people and we have yet to see how bad it's going to be in our nation and across the world.

We are going to be tested and tried and I believe our churches will dwindle in attendance and only those who truly love The Lord will have the courage, desire and need to be with other followers and disiples of Jesus, risking life and limb to serve Him and love one another.

Jesus said in John 9:4

As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work.

Upvote 0

thegospel4all

Aug 10, 2012
✟15,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bob Carabbio wrote:

I don't know that the "Jewish People" or our relationship with them is a real issue, but there ARE "Times of refreshing" - the last MAJOR ONE was 1966-1978 or so, and it was GLOBAL in its effect. It Changed almost every denominational group (whether they liked it or not), and introduced MANY concepts to the Body of Christ that weren't as well perceived before.

I expect that there'll be several more times of refreshing/revivals in the future - and it's about time for another to roll through.

The problem with using "TIMES OF REFRESHING" as a statement about a tsunami of revival, is that that phrase is not in that context.

The phrase is from Acts 3, when Peter and John went to the temple and The Lord used them to heal the crippled man, which then gave them an audience to point to The One who worked the miracle, to bring them to repentance and salvation.

Acts 3:9 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.

There is a problem with this mindset of a spiritual tsunami / revival. The problem lies in not seeing where we are in this world, based on the scripture and what is coming on the world and God's people, based on the scripture.

As a result, any person that deems themselves, an apostle, a prophet, a bishop, a reverend, one who has some SPECIAL ANNOINTING, SPECIAL REVELATION or NEW WORD FROM THE LORD, can then stir up folks who are not sufficiently grounded in the word.

Then, as often happens, they make merchandise of God's people in the midst of a false word, false prophecies, false annointing = FALSE REVIVAL, all based on events and "experiences" that are errant and extra-biblical.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I agree with Onlybygrace84, if we believe scripture, we should and I do, we know that the days are growing darker and darker.

We are going to be tested and tried and I believe our churches will dwindle in attendance and only those who truly love The Lord will have the courage, desire and need to be with other followers and disiples of Jesus, risking life and limb to serve Him and love one another.

Jesus said in John 9:4

As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work.

Interesting and logical take on this question thegospel4all!

I hope you are not quite right, and I suspect that you are not quite right, but you certainly have presented your case well!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And, of course the "Charismatic Outpouring" (so called) was Global in nature, Resulted in MANY folks repenting and turning to God all over the world, and times of refreshing came and stayed around for about a decade - spiritual hunger was VERY High in those years, and the Holy Spirit was working among the people. even churches that wanted NOTHING to do with it were changed by it.

Naturally the "OLD GUARD" - the "Orthodox institutions" with the "vested interests" - opposed it - just like they did Jesus - since HE didn't do things "Their way" either.

They'll oppose the next "Move of God" just as strongly - and for the same reasons.

Reactions: Razare
Upvote 0

Michaelismyname

Jun 11, 2012
✟1,230.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Bob Carabbio wrote:

The problem with using "TIMES OF REFRESHING" as a statement about a tsunami of revival, is that that phrase is not in that context.

The phrase is from Acts 3, when Peter and John went to the temple and The Lord used them to heal the crippled man, which then gave them an audience to point to The One who worked the miracle, to bring them to repentance and salvation.

Acts 3:9 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.

There is a problem with this mindset of a spiritual tsunami / revival. The problem lies in not seeing where we are in this world, based on the scripture and what is coming on the world and God's people, based on the scripture.

As a result, any person that deems themselves, an apostle, a prophet, a bishop, a reverend, one who has some SPECIAL ANNOINTING, SPECIAL REVELATION or NEW WORD FROM THE LORD, can then stir up folks who are not sufficiently grounded in the word.

Then, as often happens, they make merchandise of God's people in the midst of a false word, false prophecies, false annointing = FALSE REVIVAL, all based on events and "experiences" that are errant and extra-biblical.

i am but human - i wish at times i'm wrong - but i think you know that with any great revival -and we are talking a global one ,brings with it great persecution .and somtimes it take great tribulations to bring revival - the earth is not tilled except the spade is dug in to upturn it all.

So in order for such great revival to come - God will first -or simultaneously shake mankind from their self-assurance . he will take everything they trust in and shake it to a crumbling mess money& power& monument and the very ground we stand upon will fall-
and from that humility those who are humble will call upon the name of the lord Jesus. and be saved in the greatest and final harvest.

I placed this link on another thread for anyones consideration .

THE FIVE ANGELS OF THE CONTINENTS by Dr. Samuel Doctorian

if you have not heard this mans testimony -of how his grandmother was slaughterer before his mothers eyes because she would not convert to islam - and how as a young boy he went to golgotha outside the walls Jerusalem and received a vision of the cross and when he cried out "why " the lord Jesus spoke to him from on the cross and said - "because I loved you.." and how he heard the audible voice of God calling him into ministry to preach the gospel -
then it would be difficult to take this man seriously - but when you know his testimony and how God showed him many things that have already taken place - it adds great weight to the prophecies he had in 1998 - some of which are yet to take place
some have already taken place - the great tsunami on the asian coast - the japan quake and the falling of the twin towers in the usa
and those yet to come of greaT CALAMITIES -EARTHQUAKES FLOODS AND VERY GREAT FAMINES ,WARS OF NUKES AND THE COLLAPSE OF THE UNITED NATIONS ,THE JUDGEMENT ON THE AMERICAN CONTINENT FROM NORTH TO SOUTH AND ALL BETWEEN ...
and in the midst of it he asks what of your children lord and the lord says he will show his glory by protecting them miraculously in the midst of it
and because of the calamities multitudes will turn to him and be saved .

all this is what it will take to shake mankind out of their stubbornness and humble themselves ....

ok its all very interesting and i got excited while typing it lol

any ways you can go have a read ,see what you think .
im waiting for the eiffel tower to fall - its a sure sign when it happens .

Upvote 0

thegospel4all

Aug 10, 2012
✟15,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your reply. I believe we probably differ on where we see the world to be now and what prophetic text says will happen in the world and to followers of Christ in the future. Likely, we differ on how close we are to those times and possibly the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine.

I agree, that during this era of grace, since the Lord's coming to this day, the heavier the persecution, the brighter The Light of The Lord Jesus shines.

As of now, God continues to pour out His Spirit and save the souls of man and that will continue but a day comes when no one else will be saved and The Lord turns the rest of the world over to their own depravity.

Given what scripture, particularly Revelation and parrallel texts, like Daniel, have to say about this world system being mobilized by "the beast" the "anti-chirst" the "man of sin" to overcome and conquer the saints and that those who refuse to bow to him are killed / beheaded because of The Word of God and their testimony to Jesus Christ,....I don't believe a world-wide tsunami of revival is coming.

REVELATION 13:

7 He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. 8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast--all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world. 9 He who has an ear, let him hear. 10 If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity he will go. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword he will be killed. This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints.

Scripture speaks of a great rebellion against God and all things called God or of God and a falling away of those who were "pretenders" and not truly followers of Christ.

2THESSALONIANS 2:

3 Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for [that day will not come] until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God....

And the world follows him but not those who love Jesus Christ...

9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, 10 and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Naturally the "OLD GUARD" ...
Funny how in my current church, the old guard are the Charismatics and the newer people are contemporary evangelicals.

I'm a little nervous hearing of an upcoming outpouring, because people tend to rely on God when they're in trouble. God already gave us His Holy Spirit, dwelling within us... and said that when a son asks for bread He doesn't give a stone.

So the variables show us asking more. Whether in panic or repentance or just confidence, the difference between what the world has now, and a great outpouring, is the number or intensity of people asking for God's intervention.

Upvote 0

Nikos7

Nov 25, 2007
✟10,950.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There is no scriptural support for a last day revival. None whatsoever. Of course if God determines to send one in response to the prayers of the people of God, so be it. However, I doubt that it will be global or even national but it will come on individual hearts who are hungary and thirsty.

Upvote 0

Michaelismyname

Jun 11, 2012
✟1,230.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There is no scriptural support for a last day revival. None whatsoever. Of course if God determines to send one in response to the prayers of the people of God, so be it. However, I doubt that it will be global or even national but it will come on individual hearts who are hungary and thirsty.

and if those thirsty hearts are spread throughout the globe - then it would be global .:)

i know of course what you are saying . But i don't think any one means when they say "global revival " that the globe will suddenly convert in a massive outpouring . However ever God does desire that they would and his Spirit is mightily at work calling .
God is shaking this world - he is removing the pride mankind has in his own stability- throughout the bible the lord has done so - he warns , he shakes and when repentance is forthcoming ..he floods with mercy
when it is not - he has warned - he then Acts.

one thing we can all ,as believers,agree on - God can be trusted to keep his word .:clap::clap: Praise the Lord Jesus for he is faithful and true .

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Funny how in my current church, the old guard are the Charismatics and the newer people are contemporary evangelicals.

I'm a little nervous hearing of an upcoming outpouring, because people tend to rely on God when they're in trouble. God already gave us His Holy Spirit, dwelling within us... and said that when a son asks for bread He doesn't give a stone.

So the variables show us asking more. Whether in panic or repentance or just confidence, the difference between what the world has now, and a great outpouring, is the number or intensity of people asking for God's intervention.

Good points Parsley.

I good friend of mine just made the following comments regarding revival and I am going to ask him for clarification and elaboration of what he means!

https://www.facebook.com/MaxwellsHouseOrg
https://www.facebook.com/MaxwellsHouseOrg

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Or, perhaps those who are either hot/zealous or cold/refreshing will be given a greater amount of courage to stand up for what they believe at the same time that the lukewarm will perhaps tend to fall away?!?!

Upvote 0