St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Darwin taught evolution required the emergence of new species. Whether it is emergence or consequence is of little difference. Evolution requires something new not merely an improvement within a species or change within a species. Some will present that as evolution but it is not within the meaning of evolution as taught by Darwinism. Improvement can be adaptation to change and it is not evolutionary.
And the emergence of new species has been observed and confirmed. You are going to have to fin some other reason to deny evolution.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Some questions...
  1. Do you agree that if you have a group of animals - say a herd of zebra - then each individual will be slightly different to the others?
  2. Do you agree that some of those differences can make it easier for that individual to survive - say, better eyesight so it has a better chance of spotting an approaching predator?
  3. Do you agree that these differences are due to the genes that the animals have?
  4. Do you agree that the genes that are responsible for these differences can be passed on to the offspring when that animal reproduces?
  5. Do you agree that if an animal has some genes that mean it has a difference that helps it survive, this animal is more likely to have more offspring precisely because these differences help it live longer (living longer means more chances to reproduce)?
  6. Do you agree that if animals with these helpful differences produce more offspring, then the number of animals in the herd that have this helpful difference will tend to increase over the generations?
  7. Do you agree that if we wait for enough generations to pass, most if not all animals in the herd will have this difference, and what was once different is now normal?
If you think it's wrong, can you tell me which one exactly do you think is incorrect?
Absolutely true. I only have an issue with the Zebra offspring becoming some other species.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Yes Speedwell, I'm one of them.
But why? The emergence of new species is well established. I'll let somebody else argue the science with you. I'm more interested to know why you think you need to deny it.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's not something individual creatures decide for themselves.
I am fully aware of that.

The idea of species transition to another species is a very strong claim. Considering species appear abruptly and ready to go, in the fossil record.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What are you inferring? A cat will over a million years turn into a dog?
No, I was asking a question--which after responding to my post three times you have not yet answered.

Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I am fully aware of that.

The idea of species transition to another species is a very strong claim. Considering species appear abruptly and ready to go, in the fossil record.
What do you mean by "ready to go?"

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
But why? The emergence of new species is well established. I'll let somebody else argue the science with you. I'm more interested to know why you think you need to deny it.
Because the fossil record denies speciation.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean by "ready to go?"
Explain the following.

Angiosperms appear rather suddenly in the fossil record, with no obvious ancestors for a period of about 80 to 90 million years prior to their appearance. Not even fossil leaves or pollen are known from this earlier time.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,526.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
How then do you account for the victories of WW2 with Germany being superior in almost every measurable way - and the 6 day war with Israel being ridiculously outnumbered and under equipped.
Neither of those characterisations are reasonable.

Israel had incredible preparedness and intelligence and Germany was massively overextended and unprepared for the environments they fought in.

• Agree
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Because the fossil record denies speciation.
Not a logical possibility. The strongest argument you could make is that the fossil record does not confirm speciation, which leaves the question of why you deny it unanswered.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not a logical possibility. The strongest argument you could make is that the fossil record does not confirm speciation, which leaves the question of why you deny it unanswered.
Your seeing patterns in morphology that I don't see in the fossil record. There is simply, A, B, C, D, ...

Why try to explain something that obviously lacks the fossil evidence to support it?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Your seeing patterns in morphology that I don't see in the fossil record.
I think it is relevant to ask what training you have in recognising morphological patterns in the fossil record. I so ask.

• Optimistic
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Your seeing patterns in morphology that I don't see in the fossil record. There is simply, A, B, C, D, ...

Why try to explain something that obviously lacks the fossil evidence to support it?
Why deny something that the fossil record merely does not confirm in all cases? Speciation has been observed in living creatures, in some cases has been relatively well confirmed in the fossil record and at the present time there is no credible alternative explanation for the emergence of species. Still, to remain unconvinced of it is not unreasonable. Outright denial requires further information.

• Agree
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0