✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Continuing with your illustration.
His illustration leaves out Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, and the law of faith.
I consider myself a good driver and I do not know all the laws in my state.
What if your state does not have those laws
Noah built an ark, is that law from moses?
Abraham was told to sacrifice his son, Is that law from Moses?
Did Abraham, Isaac and Jacob even have law from Moses? No, it was fourhundred and thrity years after Abraham
Ga 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Ro 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Ga 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

But I know if I use good defensive driving techniques and have concern for my fellow drivers I will not get a ticket or get into an accident.
In my state of Michigan, USA it is legal to make a right turn on red or a left turn onto a one-way, but if I go to another state where I don't know if this is legal, I just don't do it.
To apply that to a believer if you have love for your fellow man, you will do what is right by the power of the Holy Ghost living in you. Knowing all 613 laws is not necessary, He knows them and He lives in me.
Imo they are confusing the law of Moses with the law of faith Abraham walked in.
The law of faith....
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Ro 4:12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

The covenant at Sinai not made with Abe, Isaac and Jacob

Deut 5:2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is righteousness?

Definition of righteous

1 : acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin
Definition of RIGHTEOUS

1 John 3:7
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Is it righteous to sacrifice animals to God on the Sabbath?

JLB

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no doubt that sin is defined as breaking God's 10 Commandments.

Sin is defined as anything not of faith.
Romans 14:23
for whatever is not from faith is sin.

Anything. Which is why we need a saviour. If it was only the ten commandments men might strive enough to meet them. If someone thinks it's only the ten commandments they may view themselves as a pretty good person who doesn't sin.

Failing to do something that you should have done is sin.

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Mark 7:20-23
And he said, “What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”
Even thoughts and pride are a sin.

Which is why putting up the 10 commandments as being a goal falls far far from it.

Upvote 0