Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
That is a speck when it comes to religion and has nothing to do with you being correct. No that's not a confession about your theology. Your theology is aberrant. That's why I said you can play left field in an empty ball park by yourself. People are leaving your church even in third world countries faster than they come in.
Brother, I am not alone in knowing that God wants us to remember the Sabbath to keep it holy and also the 10 commandments that Jesus made more demanding. That is what I am trying to convince you of by revealing to you that we are part of Israel. United in the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Brother, I am not alone in knowing that God wants us to remember the Sabbath to keep it holy and also the 10 commandments that Jesus made more demanding. That is what I am trying to convince you of by revealing to you that we are part of Israel. United in the soon return of Jesus, Jorge
I didn't say you are by yourself. I'm saying you don't believe the NT and are trying to say there's only one covenant. The covenant you try to follow has been replaced with an entirely new and unprecedented covenant.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I didn't say you are by yourself. I'm saying you don't believe the NT and are trying to say there's only one covenant. The covenant you try to follow has been replaced with an entirely new and unprecedented covenant.
Brother, there are many covenants, not just one, and the Sabbath covenant is "forever", that means it has no expiration and, therefore, can not be replaced, it continues in the new covenant of Jesus that replaces the sacrifices of so many animals to work our forgiveness as our high priest in the "daily" of the heavenly temple until He returns. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Brother, there are many covenants, not just one, and the Sabbath covenant is "forever", that means it has no expiration and, therefore, can not be replaced, it continues in the new covenant of Jesus that replaces the sacrifices of so many animals to work our forgiveness as our high priest in the "daily" of the heavenly temple until He returns. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge
You read Jer 31:31-33 much differently than I do. There is only one covenant made with Israel in the OT. This covenant is promised to be set aside with a new unprecedented covenant. IMO you want to cloud and shy away from the issue.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
You read Jer 31:31-33 much differently than I do. There is only one covenant made with Israel in the OT. This covenant is promised to be set aside with a new unprecedented covenant. IMO you want to cloud and shy away from the issue.
Brother, Jesus internalized the law, not just the act, but also the thoughts that lead to the act, they too are sin; thoughts that nobody sees except God and you. As proof that there are many covenants, here is another covenant "everlasting", which means that it also does not expire as the Sabbath covenant is "forever".

Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him: “I now establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you and with every living creature that was with you—the birds, the livestock and all the wild animals, all those that came out of the ark with you—every living creature on earth. I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.” And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.” So God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth.” (Genesis 9:8-17 NIV)
God says through a covenant that He will never again destroy with a flood. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah you don't seem to notice verse 3. While it precedes the words "my covenant with you," you refuse to include the permission granted by verse 3.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Brother, Jesus internalized the law, not just the act, but also the thoughts that lead to the act, they too are sin; thoughts that nobody sees except God and you. As proof that there are many covenants, here is another covenant "everlasting", which means that it also does not expire as the Sabbath covenant is "forever".

Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him: “I now establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you and with every living creature that was with you—the birds, the livestock and all the wild animals, all those that came out of the ark with you—every living creature on earth. I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.” And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.” So God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth.” (Genesis 9:8-17 NIV)
God says through a covenant that He will never again destroy with a flood. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge
You also seem to have missed Hos 2:11.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Yeah you don't seem to notice verse 3. While it precedes the words "my covenant with you," you refuse to include the permission granted by verse 3.
Brother, allowing them to eat meat is not part of the rainbow covenant, apart from God's guidance, He also makes covenants. God expects you to obey His words, but not everything becomes a covenant. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
You also seem to have missed Hos 2:11.
Brother, there are ceremonial Sabbaths, as well as the weekly Sabbaths. Only the weekly Sabbaths are a covenant "forever" and not both. Jesus died on a double Sabbath, a ceremonial Sabbath followed immediately by a weekly Sabbath, which constitutes a 48-hour Sabbath that fulfilled the sign of Jonah, that Jesus would rest in the tomb for three days and three nights. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Brother, allowing them to eat meat is not part of the rainbow covenant, apart from God's guidance, He also makes covenants. God expects you to obey His words, but not everything becomes a covenant. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge
Go fib to someone else. Even if you claim it's not part of the covenant God clearly gives permission. The only people that don't have permission is Israel for a purpose and it's not health. Jesus says it's not what goes in the mouth,but what comes out of the mouth that defiles a person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Go fib to someone else. Even if you claim it's not part of the covenant God clearly gives permission. The only people that don't have permission is Israel for a purpose and it's not health. Jesus says it's not what goes in the mouth,but what comes out of the mouth that defiles a person.
Brother, my words are not important here, are you saying that when God says "forever", He really means temporary and He can change at any time? That God does not mean what He says with "forever"?

The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.'" (Exodus 31:16-17 NIV)
Are you saying that when God says "forever", He really means temporary and He will change it later? Or is He establishing through a covenant something that can not be changed, ever!

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Brother, my words are not important here, are you saying that when God says "forever", He really means temporary and He can change at any time? That God does not mean what He says with "forever"?

The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.'" (Exodus 31:16-17 NIV)
Are you saying that when God says "forever", He really means temporary and He will change it later? Or is He establishing through a covenant something that can not be changed, ever!
Sign between who did you say?

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Sign between who did you say?
Brother, a sign between God and us, we are part of "all Israel" in Romans 11:25 to 32. Citizens of "all Israel" when Jesus forgives the "part" of Israel that hardened until He returns for the full number of the gentiles who have "come in" to go to heaven with Jesus. I think 1stcenturylady understands that we are "part" of Israel, because she never resisted the passage on this point. Maybe she can help convince you that, from God's point of view, we are isrealites. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Last edited:
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Brother, a sign between God and us, we are part of "all Israel" in Romans 11:25 to 32. Citizens of "all Israel" when Jesus forgives the "part" of Israel that hardened until He returns for the full number of the gentiles who have "come in" to go to heaven with Jesus. I think 1stcenturylady understands that we are "part" of Israel, because she never resisted the passage on this point. Maybe she can help convince you that, from God's point of view, we are isrealites. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge
Sorry but the Scripture says between God and Israel. The Scripture doesn't say between God and the world. As badly as you want gentile Christians to be Israel, it isn't true and there's no Scripture that will support your view. Rom 11 clearly says we're graft into the Root which is Jesus. Jesus isn't Israel. We're fellow citizens with the saints, not citizens of Israel Eph 2.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Sorry but the Scripture says between God and Israel. The Scripture doesn't say between God and the world. As badly as you want gentile Christians to be Israel, it isn't true and there's no Scripture that will support your view. Rom 11 clearly says we're graft into the Root which is Jesus. Jesus isn't Israel. We're fellow citizens with the saints, not citizens of Israel Eph 2.
Brother, how do you read the passage? If I could convince you that you are an israelite, would you agree that the Sabbath is a sign between God and all the israelites, a sign that must be kept "forever"? United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Brother, how do you read the passage? If I could convince you that you are an israelite, would you agree that the Sabbath is a sign between God and all the israelites, a sign that must be kept "forever"? United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge
If you could is a big question. I think you have already failed.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
If you could is a big question. I think you have already failed.
Brother, do you believe what God says when He says that it is "forever"? Or as in the case of 1stcenturylady, do you think that this passage can be changed to mean the opposite, resting from sin without the need to keep the Sabbath any longer? Does God mean what He says or can we change what it means to represent the opposite: instead of revealing sin in our disobedience, she changes it to represent rest from sin without obeying it? United in the hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,329.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Brother, do you believe what God says when He says that it is "forever"? Or as in the case of 1stcenturylady, do you think that this passage can be changed to mean the opposite, resting from sin without the need to keep the Sabbath any longer? Does God mean what He says or can we change what it means to represent the opposite: instead of revealing sin in our disobedience, she changes it to represent rest from sin without obeying it? United in the hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Here is the deal. All of the Law, not just a handful of commandments, which God gave to His people, Israel, on Mount Sinai, will endure forever and will be the basis for God's judgement for all who are under that Law, resulting in their eternal condemnation because there is none righteous, not even one (Psalms 13 and 54). Are you willing to be judged thusly?

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Here is the deal. All of the Law, not just a handful of commandments, which God gave to His people, Israel, on Mount Sinai, will endure forever and will be the basis for God's judgement for all who are under that Law, resulting in their eternal condemnation because there is none righteous, not even one (Psalms 13 and 54). Are you willing to be judged thusly?
Brother, I am not saved by obeying the law, I am saved by the faith that is shown by obeying the law. The difference with Jesus as our high priest is that even if I do not obey the law perfectly, I continue to show faith in my effort to do it and God is working through the Holy Spirit in me, a growth to obey Him better as my faith grows with the understanding of His word. United in our hope of the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who did God give the sabbath to?

Upvote 0