Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How can one have treasure in heaven if they dont give up their earthly wealth? Also, where will their heart be?

Money doesn’t buy souls. You don’t have to respect my conviction.

It is hypocritical to Judge people for being wealthy. That is called Carnal Judgment. Jesus saw the heart. Jesus ministry had wealthy people funding His ministry. Look into the manner Jesus received His tomb.

Even prostitutes funded Jesus ministry. Think of the woman that wept at Jesus feet. If you desire debate... I will ensue.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Money doesn’t buy souls. You don’t have to respect my conviction.

It is hypocritical to Judge people for being wealthy. That is called Carnal Judgment. Jesus saw the heart. Jesus ministry had wealthy people funding His ministry. Look into the manner Jesus received His tomb.

Even prostitutes funded Jesus ministry. Think of the woman that wept at Jesus feet. If you desire debate... I will ensue.
If there is judgment its not from me, im simply examining the scripture. The scripture judges me too. Jesus said the rich gave less than the poor widow. Jesus said where your treasure is so is your heart.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If there is judgment its not from me, im simply examining the scripture. The scripture judges me too. Jesus said the rich gave less than the poor widow. Jesus said where your treasure is so is your heart.

You are claiming people who are wealthy are in general, all shirking Christ’s words, as if Christianity is a command to monetary poverty.

By James 2, the way you most likely read it, you are now showing favoritism to the poor man.

I do not read James 2 as you would.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are claiming people who are wealthy are in general, all shirking Christ’s words, as if Christianity is a command to monetary poverty.

By James 2, the way you most likely read it, you are now showing favoritism to the poor man.

I do not read James 2 as you would.
Im not claiming anything, but i asked questions you never answered.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How can one have treasure in heaven if they dont give up their earthly wealth? Also, where will their heart be?

Money cannot buy treasure in heaven. The Bible says a man that doesn’t provide for his family is worse than an unbeliever.

You are spiritually using the word Treasure and denying that money has a spiritual meaning in Christ’s own words about wealth. This is a double standard.

The poverty Gospel is as destructive as the prosperity gospel.

One doesn’t have to Love money to have money.

Many wealthy people’s hearts are in Heaven. They further charity and the Gospel with much of their wealth and affordable free time to minister.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are spiritually using the word Treasure and denying that money has a spiritual meaning in Christ’s own words about wealth. This is a double standard.
Strawman. I previously said that in scripture money sometimes is symbolic but not always.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Strawman. I previously said that in scripture money sometimes is symbolic but not always.

The use of the phrase straw man within this quote is a genuine straw man.

The fact that there is a doctrinal double standard of ignoring that wealth is a metaphor in scripture when doctrine suits itself, but acknowledges that wealth is a metaphor when it suits itself is a legitimate debate point.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The use of the phrase straw man within this quote is a genuine straw man.

The fact that there is a doctrinal double standard of ignoring that wealth is a metaphor in scripture when doctrine suits itself, but acknowledges that wealth is a metaphor when it suits itself is a legitimate debate point.
Wealth is not always a metaphor. Thats what i said.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Wealth is not always a metaphor. Thats what i said.

Your implication is that the Carnal attribute of having wealth is evil. You may claim otherwise, but the subtext is there.

Defining evil by Carnal Judgment is to look at a person’s physical being and define a practice that is outward as evil.

By naming a group of carnally evil people, the Judgment is now relegated to an entire group of people more-so than if it were towards a single person.

One can not have their cake and eat it too.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your implication is that the Carnal attribute of having wealth is evil. You may claim otherwise, but the subtext is there.

Defining evil by Carnal Judgment is to look at a person’s physical being and define a practice that is outward as evil.

By naming a group of carnally evil people, the Judgment is now relegated to an entire group of people more-so than if it were towards a single person.

One can not have their cake and eat it too.
No, the implication is that the rich gave less than the poor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, the implication is that the rich gave less than the poor.

This is not the point of the teaching as you are teaching it in the flesh.

Most people are poor because they mismanage their money, not because they give it all to the Gospel cause.

Many shady evangelists teach the poverty gospel to get poor folks to line their pockets with the money that that poor people barely have.

A man’s bank account doesn’t identify how much He gives to God. If you are speaking of percentage... of what is given in contrast to what is had... I get it.

People dogged on the poor in Jesus’ day and called them sinful to the time of their poverty was a curse. If we reverse this principle in wealthy people, we are now guilty of the same mentality.

James 2 would make a good read.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is not the point of the teaching as you are teaching it in the flesh.

Most people are poor because they mismanage their money, not because they give it all to the Gospel cause.

Many shady evangelists teach the poverty gospel to get poor folks to line their pockets with the money that that poor people barely have.

A man’s bank account doesn’t identify how much He gives to God. If you are speaking of percentage... of what is given in contrast to what is had... I get it.

People dogged on the poor in Jesus’ day and called them sinful to the time of their poverty was a curse. If we reverse this principle in wealthy people, we are now guilty of the same mentality.

James 2 would make a good read.
Not everything wealth related is a metaphor.

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Not everything wealth related is a metaphor.

I disagree. Jesus said this; John 5:39

ALL scripture refers to Jesus, Who IS the GOOD NEWS of salvation to sinners.

What does Jesus need with Money? The BOC can use it to help this earth in need, but how do the needy receive help if there are none that are physically wealthy to provide monetary means towards the needy.

These economics being “banked on” are skewed.

Let’s revisit the widows mite.

Luke 21:1-4 1 As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. 2 He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. 3 “Truly I tell you,” he said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. 4 All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”

Jesus knew the Widows heart and was seeing that the wealthy were giving to be seen and PROUD of their status, while the wealthy most likely would have had thoughts of condescension towards the widow, though her offering was all she had.

This is a gospel principle and people can condescend towards rich and poor alike.

People that are poor may say that they are more Holy than the rich and fancy themselves carnally righteous in their poverty and deeds, while condescending on the Wealthy and their deeds. That attitude is no better than those that would have looked down on the Widow.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I disagree. Jesus said this; John 5:39

ALL scripture refers to Jesus, Who IS the GOOD NEWS of salvation to sinners.

What does Jesus need with Money? The BOC can use it to help this earth in need, but how do the needy receive help if there are none that are physically wealthy to provide monetary means towards the needy.

These economics being “banked on” are skewed.

Let’s revisit the widows mite.

Luke 21:1-4 1 As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. 2 He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. 3 “Truly I tell you,” he said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. 4 All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”

Jesus knew the Widows heart and was seeing that the wealthy were giving to be seen and PROUD of their status, while the wealthy most likely would have had thoughts of condescension towards the widow, though her offering was all she had.

This is a gospel principle and people can condescend towards rich and poor alike.

People that are poor may say that they are more Holy than the rich and fancy themselves carnally righteous in their poverty and deeds, while condescending on the Wealthy and their deeds. That attitude is no better than those that would have looked down on the Widow.
The widows mite is not a metaphor

Upvote 0