Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I still would never mess with an Ouija board nonetheless. Movies are one thing because regardless whether or not it's based on a true story,.. the movie itself isn't real.
Ouija boards are dangerous... I have friends that were controlled by it.

One, would get a pounding head ache when she went to the house of the owner who had it.. Soon as she sat down to play.. her headache would go away.. When she stopped.. her headache would return.. This continued until the entity was satisfied for the night.

My other friend, who accompanied them.. was an alcoholic..Very rarely was he sober at one of these get together's... or any get together.... Whenever he tried to play, the spirit would get angry.. It did not like dealing with a muddied mind.

These people were not Christians and this happened during a time where I was married and no longer spent as much time with this group.. I learned of all this at a reunion of sorts with the bunch.

Anyone who says that they are just a toy... is naive. They are a gateway to a dimension and it's the malevolent spirits who are searching for this crack in the armor to get in and destroy.

Stay away.. far away from these.. tarot cards, palm reading, psychics.... all that is not of God.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's because of witchcraft. The spiritual realm is more profound than the physical realm. Those who don't have Christ are susceptible to all kinds of evil

2 Pet 5:8; Eph 6:12; Col 1:16; Eph 2:1-3; 1 Joh 4:1-3; 2 Joh 1:7
I agree. The little is being taken away it seems.

Upvote 0

Rodan6

Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2016
Highland, CA
✟86,675.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You also are deceived. If the Spirit of Truth came from Christ Jesus at the cross, and removes demonic possession, then how or why did the apostles cast out demons?

Bless.
I would suggest that rather than the Spirit "removes demonic possession", that the presence of the Spirit gift of the Son in ALL persons, prevents the demonic possession from occurring. It is a great law of our universe that the willful choices of humans may not be interfered with. Possession is in direct conflict with this law and is not to be permitted or tolerated. The Spirit draws us to the Son and guides us to Truth, limited only by our willful urges.

As to your comment about the apostles, why is it surprising that over the years, followers of the apostles that wrote the gospels,believed they had cast out demons? ...Or even if some of the apostles believed that they had done so themselves? The nature of mental illness was poorly understood in those days.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
They are real, but demonic in origin. Pretending that they don't exist (or harm people) is the worst thing that Christian can do.
No One Believes In Me Anymore (Keith Green, 1977)
(a.k.a. Satan's Boast)

I just looked up the artist that sang that song and even though he died before I was born it was two years younger than I am now due to a plane crash or something. Anyways, I'm surprised that song is allowed on a Christian forum since all of the lyrics are from Satan's POV.

Stay away.. far away from these.. tarot cards, palm reading, psychics.... all that is not of God.

Tell me something I don't know.

Upvote 0

Beloved Alle

Jul 4, 2020
Singapore
✟14,610.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes it does exist today. But our orthodox church not do exorcisms today. Only bind demons by prayer. And if you fast and pray the demon alone will leave you.
how do you fast and pray for the evil spirit to leave you..?

• Prayers
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Beloved Alle

Jul 4, 2020
Singapore
✟14,610.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Also, I've never been possessed, but I do believe that I heard the audible voice of the devil once,.. I banished him in the name of Jesus and he disappeared and thankfully so far I never heard it again.
Demonic possession is very real but it is not like it shows in hollywood movies. The problem with hollywood movies is it makes the devil look like he is more powerful than he really is. I can assure that chairs won't be flipping over with people sitting in them and be clung to the wall, and people wont be climbing on the walls like in the movies. Jesus Christ cast out devils, healed people, and delivered people from the evil one. I have been attacked by demons and had witchcraft used on me. Demons are very real and should not be taken lightly. Satan has used media to make the kingdom of darkness look like fun and games and a form of entertainment, but there is nothing entertaining about the demonic realm.

could we connect on this? i am currently going through something similar and am at my wits end ><

• Prayers
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
um i was wondering how you got through it cos i have been telling people about my experiences but no one believes and are unable to help :/

I'm sorry, I really wish that I could help you but I don't know how I'm afraid. :/

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This is another perfect example of a man lead church, along with declaring pagan christmas and easter as a christian celebration, work salvations and a globe earth as Gods creation and many other man created church activities speaking in tongues etc.. . There is also the false demon possession and exorcisms, when there is no guidance or appointed believers or instruction on how to remove a demon from a possessed unbeliever. Because a believer cannot be demon possessed.

Upvote 0

bangmegafan

May 31, 2016
India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm just wondering because I heard that the movie The Exorcist was based on a true story. Is there biblical evidence to support this? I think I remember hearing/reading about Jesus casting demons out of people but I'm also pretty sure that if it still occurs today it's nothing like this and this is just Hollywood.

Possession need not necessarily be something like that will catch our attention like a naked man shouting in the streets without knowing what he is doing.
There are many who are addicted to smoking, drinking and drugs. And they are also demon possessed. If Jesus was ministering in the current age than two thousand years back, were would have read something like this in a bible “ and a man addicted to heroine etc. “

Those who are watching inappropriate content are possessed by sexual spirits. Those who are going against God’s will are also possessed by devil.

Though possession has got many forms, the solution is straight forward. In the Jesus name let all the possessed be delivered, amen!!

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some good quotes :

"By The Signing Of The Holy And Life-Giving Cross, Devils And Various Scourges Are Driven Away. For it is without price and without cost and praises him who can say it. The holy fathers have, by their words, transmitted to us, and even to the unbelieving heretics, how the two raised fingers and the single hand reveal Christ our God in His dual nature but single substance. The right hand proclaims His immeasurable strength, His sitting on the right hand of the Father, and His coming down unto us from Heaven. Again, By The Movement Of The Hands To Our Right The Enemies Of God Will Be Driven Out, As The Lord Triumphs Over The Devil With His Inconquerable Power, Rendering him Dismal And Weak."
• Athanasius of Alexandria
(269-373 A.D.)

"By The Sign Of The Cross All Magic Is Stopped, And All Witchcraft Brought To Nothing, and all the idols are being deserted and left, and every unruly pleasure is checked, and every one is looking up from earth to heaven."
• Athanasius of Alexandria (296-373 A.D.). (On The Incarnation Of The Word - 31)

"But we by the mention of Christ crucified put all demons to flight, whom you fear as if they were gods. Where The Sign Of The Cross Is, Magic Is Weak And Witchcraft Has No Strength."
• Athanasius of Alexandria
- Life of St Anthony - par 78 (296-373 A.D.)

Making The Sign Of The Cross (Orthodox Videos)

Ikone_Athanasius_von_Alexandria.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Beloved Alle, there's rules about how we can respond to you in an open forum. Then if we go the conversation feature in your Inbox, I don't know how many posts you have to have to converse.

But hoping a believer can help you with your question whose more knowledgeable about CF

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I heard a sermon several years ago where the preacher said that no new demons are being created, there is still the same number as there has been since the fall. The world population has increased massively. As such there are less demons per population so possessions are rarer relatively speaking.

I have only once or twice come across what I think l was possessed people, but I have heard of people being delivered from possession.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The enemy and his group are in various levels. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Eph 6

This isnt possession but the enemy has affected us all.
"...for their minds have been blinded by the god of this age, leaving them in unbelief. Their blindness keeps them from seeing the dayspring light of the wonderful news of the glory of Jesus Christ, who is the divine image of God." II Cor 4:4

Their aim towards humankind is to - "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:..." John 10:10

Thankfully, Jesus said "...I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.