Do People Believe Homosexuality Still Abomination To God?

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,098.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
"You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." -Anne Lamontt

Why do proponents of sodomy resort to this sort of language? Accusing their opponents of hate instead of being genuine? As if we can't oppose a thing without hating it. Generally those who oppose homosexuality oppose sex before marriage, do we hate those people too? Do we literally hate everyone because everyone, including ourselves, is a sinner?

Upvote 0

Nigel Malka

Feb 28, 2020
Coventry
Visit site
✟17,947.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Hate is something the Jesus told us not to do, we are to love, and yes even love those who are different from us. Read Matthew 19:10-11.
10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.
11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”
From this we know that Jesus would understand that those born as being gay need to accept they situation and therefore we must do likewise.
What sadden me is people still want to go to the law that Moses gave to his people in a very different society some 4,000 years ago. We know from reading the bible that God changes his mind and that is shown most clearly in the teaching that Jesus gave followed by giving his Word to the individual rather than a people - that is from his special people to Gentiles. God is Love and those who hate are not doing what God requires us to do. Yes we can hate the sin but we cannot hate the person. Please let God do that.
Homosexuality is not for me but I will not hate any gay person because they find love in that way.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Obviously it's minor enough to allow these men and women be His best friend and prophets.

And exactly what do you know about obesity and it's causes?
What do you do when hungry?
What do you do if you have a lifetime of never having hunger feelings satisfied?
What if there's actual real medical science that proved that most obese people are not really to blame for their condition? (It's real and the findings have been verified for many of the causes)
Scripture tells us that gluttony is a sin. That doesn't mean that it can't be forgiven, that doesn't mean that we are to hate those who are overweight. But it is a sin.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The subject now includes LGTBQ rights as that has been added to the mix. How did we go from a culture where this debate was no happening at all for centuries to where we are equally divided on this topic? Are the new virtues of tolerance and acceptance or inclusiveness Biblical? Yes they are but by the wrong Bible. Anton Lavey, founder of the church of Satan wrote the Satanic Bible and here are some quotes of his from the 60's "The Tv set (is the) Satanic family altar."

"Television is the major mainstream infiltration for the new satanic religion."

"It should be brought out that we not only condone, but encourage all types of what would be called sexual perversity and deviations because we feel that in a few short years it will be established that everyone is a sexual deviant and pervert.

In the Satanic Bible, "LaVey explained that he was moved to establish the Church of Satan when he saw the need for a church that would "recapture man's body and carnal desires as objects of celebration."

"The Church of Satan preaches a religious system that endeavors to overcome the repressions and inhibitions of human instinctual behavior it believes has been fostered by the Judeo-Christian tradition."

So If you look at the cultural shift and follow Lavey’s prediction there is a clear connection to Satanism with the new revolution that has cast off the repressions of Christianity. The pride parades and all are clearly coming from Lavey’s ideology which he admits is in contrast and opposition to the Bible.

• Winner
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What does the God of the creation think about homosexuality?

Hello Bro. I have detected two concerning trends within 'Christianity' in my lifetime. 1) Truth is determined by what 'Christians believe'. Like a giant democracy. 2) What 'Christians believe' changes over time.

As for homosexuality there are powerful voices in various churches, the Roman Catholic Church, Episcopal and Presbyterian especially promoting the normalisation of homosexuality.

However-
The grass withers, the flowers fade but the word of the Lord stands forever (Isaiah 40:8).

If the Lord tarries, which I hope he won't, I think those who hold to a biblical view on this issue will live to receive physical persecution, even at the hands of 'Christians'.

God Bless :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The book of Romans speaks harshly against the sin of homosexuality.

If that's what you get out of reading the first few chapters of Romans, then you're reading it wrong.

In the first chapter of Romans Paul speaks of just how "icky" the Gentile Pagans are, which he uses to draw his readers into a false sense of security, because he flips the script in Romans 2:1 charging his readers that who are they to pass judgment when they are equally guilty.

Why does Paul do this? Because Paul is making a point that both Jews and Gentiles are equally sinful, he will say in Romans 3 that all have sinned and fallen short. Jew and Gentile are equally sinful, equally without hope apart from God's grace. Which is why, Paul will speak in Romans 4 about how Abraham was justified by faith, and Abraham is our father in the faith; and thus in Romans 5 how Christ justifies sinners.

So if what you get out of reading Romans is that "gay people are icky" then you've completely missed the point. The point is that you're a sinner, but that God in His loving kindness saves your through Jesus Christ who suffered and died for you.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hate is something the Jesus told us not to do, we are to love, and yes even love those who are different from us. Read Matthew 19:10-11.
10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.
11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”
From this we know that Jesus would understand that those born as being gay need to accept they situation and therefore we must do likewise.
What sadden me is people still want to go to the law that Moses gave to his people in a very different society some 4,000 years ago. We know from reading the bible that God changes his mind and that is shown most clearly in the teaching that Jesus gave followed by giving his Word to the individual rather than a people - that is from his special people to Gentiles. God is Love and those who hate are not doing what God requires us to do. Yes we can hate the sin but we cannot hate the person. Please let God do that.
Homosexuality is not for me but I will not hate any gay person because they find love in that way.

Truly excellent, compassionate post! Thanks!

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does the God of the creation think about homosexuality? He is very clear on identifying the act of homosexuality as a sin. If an individual sows iniquity, they will reap corruption. Those of us that believe and know the Truth are not careful to say…“There is a pestilence in the land because of ‘homosexual’ activity.”

There has been an increase in the acceptance of homosexuality in our country as indicated by the figures collected by the U.S. Census.
NOV. 19, 2019 — For the first time, the U.S. Census Bureau released estimates of same-sex couples in its annual America’s Families and Living Arrangements tables package. According to estimates from the 2019 Current Population Survey Annual Social and Economic Supplement (CPS ASEC), there are 543,000 same-sex married couple households and 469,000 households with same-sex unmarried partners living together. This compares to 61.4 million opposite-sex married and 8 million opposite-sex unmarried partner households. In addition, 191,000 children live with same-sex parents.

The focus on same-sex couples reflects growing family diversity in the United States, which also includes unmarried partners living together. Among adults ages 18 and over, 18.5 million (7%) are living together, up from 14.2 million (6%) in 2009. Cohabiting couples also compose a larger share of all coupled households now, accounting for 12% of coupled households compared to 10% in 2009.

Even though the masses may accept this, do we believe the Most High God is accepting this?

Based on the stated numbers from the census you quoted, that’s about 1 in 70 who represent same sex households. There is definitely a reaping for what is sowed.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hello,
why is eating lobster a sin? I really don´t know.
Jonathan

In the Torah God forbid the Jews from eating certain kinds of food, one of those forbidden foods is shellfish--lobster, crab, shrimp, oysters, etc. And the eating of shellfish is called an abomination.

There's nothing wrong with Christians eating shellfish, the Torah was given exclusively to the Jews.

I brought it up only for the sake of being facetious.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonathan1303

Sep 16, 2020
Berlin
✟18,701.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the Torah God forbid the Jews from eating certain kinds of food, one of those forbidden foods is shellfish--lobster, crab, shrimp, oysters, etc. And the eating of shellfish is called an abomination.

There's nothing wrong with Christians eating shellfish, the Torah was given exclusively to the Jews.

I brought it up only for the sake of being facetious.

-CryptoLutheran
oh thank you lool

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If that's what you get out of reading the first few chapters of Romans, then you're reading it wrong.

In the first chapter of Romans Paul speaks of just how "icky" the Gentile Pagans are, which he uses to draw his readers into a false sense of security, because he flips the script in Romans 2:1 charging his readers that who are they to pass judgment when they are equally guilty.

Why does Paul do this? Because Paul is making a point that both Jews and Gentiles are equally sinful, he will say in Romans 3 that all have sinned and fallen short. Jew and Gentile are equally sinful, equally without hope apart from God's grace. Which is why, Paul will speak in Romans 4 about how Abraham was justified by faith, and Abraham is our father in the faith; and thus in Romans 5 how Christ justifies sinners.

So if what you get out of reading Romans is that "gay people are icky" then you've completely missed the point. The point is that you're a sinner, but that God in His loving kindness saves your through Jesus Christ who suffered and died for you.

-CryptoLutheran

I can’t say that I disagree with you concerning the context. But that doesn’t change the fact that homosexuality is specifically mentioned in Romans as sinful.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I can’t say that I disagree with you concerning the context. But that doesn’t change the fact that homosexuality is specifically mentioned in Romans as sinful.

That's not a debate I'm going to get into.

I only think it worthwhile to point out that it is entirely incidental to the point Paul is making. The ugliness of Pagan religious ritual and worship (which is the context of same-sex relations here, it is cultic ritual sex) is used by Paul in a clever way. Thinking "those people are so gross and ugly" only serves to actually expose our own guilt before God's Law as sinners. The Pagans don't know any better, but those who claim to love God should, and yet condemnation falls upon all equally. Those who know the commandments are condemned by those same commandments, and those who do not know the commandments are also condemned as being without excuse. So that all have sinned and fallen short, there is no one who does righteousness, no one who is good, not even one.

But we can rejoice, not in any boasting of ourselves, but rather we can rejoice in the mercy of God. "For God has consigned all to disobedience in order that He might have mercy on all." (Romans 11:32). The ugliness of human sin amplifies the beauty of God's grace, of His kindness and love toward sinners. After all,

"For one would hardly die for a just person, though perhaps for a good person one might dare to die--but God demonstrates His love for us in that even as sinners Christ died for us." - Romans 5:7-8

We, ungodly, unjust sinners--we're the ones Christ came for, the ones Christ died for, the ones God loves.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Even though the masses may accept this, do we believe the Most High God is accepting this?

I doubt it. The scriptures are fairly clear on the matter. But isn't this more indicative that USA is becoming a more ungodly nation than many of its leaders would care to think. We should be expecting ungodly practices in an ungodly nation.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jamesbond007

Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2018
Sacramento
✟118,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I just remembered seeing The Shining last week and seeing that man in the bear suit with its unmentionable cut out scene. I was like
giphy.gif

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I doubt it. The scriptures are fairly clear on the matter. But isn't this more indicative that USA is becoming a more ungodly nation than many of its leaders would care to think. We should be expecting ungodly practices in an ungodly nation.

As someone who is pretty familiar with the history of my own country, I think it's pretty safe to say that the US has never been what one might call "a godly nation". From the Atlantic slave trade, the genocide of Native Americans, to Jim Crow, to segregation, to the fighting unjust wars.

If you want to know the "moral strength" of a society, you have to look at how that society treats "the least of these".

What has been the historic treatment of minority groups and the poor in America?

The answer to that is that it's been extremely poor.

Those who imagine a bygone golden age of a great, godly American nation are looking through the rose-tinted lenses of privilege and power. Which, if we read the Bible, we should know how God thinks about those things (answer: not much).

"Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. They were haughty and did an abomination before me. So I removed them, when I saw it." - Ezekiel 16:49-50

The ancient Jewish sages explore the abominations and depravity of Sodom in several ways,

"There are four types of character in human beings: One that says: “mine is mine, and yours is yours”: this is a commonplace type; and some say this is a Sodom-type of character. [One that says:] “mine is yours and yours is mine”: is an unlearned person (am haaretz); [One that says:] “mine is yours and yours is yours” is a pious person. [One that says:] “mine is mine, and yours is mine” is a wicked person." - Mishnah, Avot 5:10

"The Sages taught: The people of Sodom became haughty and sinned due only to the excessive goodness that the Holy One, Blessed be He, bestowed upon them. And what is written concerning them, indicating that goodness? “As for the earth, out of it comes bread, and underneath it is turned up as it were by fire. Its stones are the place of sapphires, and it has dust of gold. That path no bird of prey knows, neither has the falcon’s eye seen it. The proud beasts have not trodden it, nor has the lion passed thereby” (Job 28:5–8). The reference is to the city of Sodom, which was later overturned, as it is stated thereafter: “He puts forth His hand upon the flinty rock; He overturns the mountains by the roots” (Job 28:9).

The people of Sodom said: Since we live in a land from which bread comes and has the dust of gold, we have everything that we need. Why do we need travelers, as they come only to divest us of our property? Come, let us cause the proper treatment of travelers to be forgotten from our land, as it is stated: “He breaks open a watercourse in a place far from inhabitants, forgotten by pedestrians, they are dried up, they have moved away from men” (Job 28:4).

Rava taught: What is the meaning of that which is written: “How long will you seek to overwhelm a man? You will all be murdered like a leaning wall or a tottering fence” (Psalms 62:4)? This teaches that the people of Sodom set their sights on property owners. They would take one and place him alongside an inclined, flimsy wall that was about to fall, and push it upon him to kill him, and then they would come and take his property.

Rava taught: What is the meaning of that which is written: “In the dark they dig through houses; by day they shut themselves up; they know not the light” (Job 24:16)? This teaches that they would set their sights on property owners. They would take one and they would give him balsam, whose smell diffuses, and the property owner would place it in his treasury. In the evening, the people of Sodom would come and sniff it out like a dog and discover the location of the property owner’s treasury, as it is stated: “They return at evening; they howl like a dog, and go round about the city” (Psalms 59:7). And after discovering the location they would come and dig there, and they would take that property.

The Gemara cites verses that allude to the practices of the people of Sodom: “They lie at night naked without clothing, and they have no covering in the cold” (Job 24:7). And likewise: “They drive away the donkey of the fatherless; they take the widow’s ox as a pledge” (Job 24:3). And likewise: “They trespass; they violently steal flocks and graze them” (Job 24:2). And likewise: “For he is brought to the grave, and watch is kept over his tomb
” (Job 21:32)." - Talmud, Sanhedrin 109a

I only offer this as helpful ancient context. Consistently the sins of Sodom are described as the sins of a people who were blessed with prosperity and food, but who mistreated the poor and the needy; and who would go out of their way to cause more harm.

Why did God destroy Sodom? Because they had been blessed with so much wealth and yet they kept all of it to themselves, the rich got richer, the poor got poorer, the hungry were not fed, and they mistreated and abused the poor, the hungry, and the visitor.

This is why in Genesis the story of Sodom comes immediately after the story of Abraham's hospitality. Visitors came to Abraham, and Abraham welcomed them and prepared a lavish feast for them, making them honored guests that were taken care of and well fed. In contrast the Sodomites sought to violently attack the visitors coming to Lot. The Sodomites would choose to act worse than brute beasts toward visitors than to simply provide any semblance of hospitality.

So, as I said earlier in my post, if you want to know the moral strength of a society, look to how that society treats the least of these--how it treats the poor, the outcasts, minorities, and strangers.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just in case anyone is interested...

Abraham, Sarah, Daniel, and Obadiah were extremely fat.
Legend has it that Obadiah the prophet was so fat that when he laughed himself off of a tree stump he was sitting on as a chair, he broke his arm...which led to gangrene and subsequently his death.

Calling God's friends and favorite prophets an abomination probably isn't a wise choice.

In case anyone is interested, the description of "abomination" ought be relegated to the Sinful behavior and lifestyle choices, not to the mere fact they exist as people, favorites of God, prophets, or not....We are to Hate the Sin but Love the Sinner, right?

Just because God uses Gluttonous, sinful people for His purposes, does not mean God approves of their sinful, gluttonous lifestyle choices.

Their SIN is the abomination that is being celebrated and shoved in our faces everywhere we go, not their humanity. God Loves all of us as people, and hates our willful sins.
I feel the same way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0