Cardinal Sarah: ‘Very proud’ of African bishops for rejecting Pope Francis’ homosexual ‘blessings’

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cardinal Sarah made these remarks on February 23 at the Catholic University of East Africa in Nairobi, as part of a Q&A for a Theological Symposium.

NAIROBI, Kenya (LifeSiteNews) – Cardinal Robert Sarah, former prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Sacraments, said he is “very proud” that the African bishops have “completely” rejected the controversial Vatican document Fiducia Supplicans that proposes the priestly blessing of couples in irregular situations and same-sex couples.

“I think Fiducia Supplicans has a response from the African Bishops — very clear,” Sarah said. Emphasizing that the document lacks any foundation in Scripture, he continued, “And not only the African bishops but many in Europe, in Kazakhstan, in Poland, refused, because the document has no scriptural basis, no theological basis.”

“I was very proud to hear the African bishops rejecting completely this text. And many other bishops even in Brazil refused, so I think it seemed to me impossible to accept,” he concluded.

Sarah made the remarks on February 23 at the Catholic University of East Africa in Nairobi as part of a Q&A for a theological symposium. This conference, organized by the dogmatic department, aimed to shed light on the missionary mandate of Christ in the religious, cultural, and social context of Africa today. Cardinal Sarah, a stalwart defender of Catholic orthodoxy in both teaching and sacramental discipline, was the keynote speaker.

Continued below.

Last edited:

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status