• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Do our pets go to heaven?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Wildfire, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slave2SinNoMore

Slave2SinNoMore Active Member

+15
    Christian
    I agree!

2. shastajade

shastajade New Member

+5
    Christian
    Sorry that struck me as very funny. Um, yeah I dont believe that animals go to heaven. The reason you have a soul is it is your spiritual body. The holy body of yourself. That you decide if it goes to heaven or hell. Now to God, flesh is sinful, and of no worth to him. God doesn't want flesh. Not saying animals are sinful, but flesh is of no use to God. Therefore, if an animal dies (remember it has no soul-spiritual body) then it goes no where. its flesh just rots in the ground.

3. Philip

Philip Orthodoxy: Old School, Hard Core Christianity

+228
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    This is Gnosticism.

God created our flesh and proclaimed it good:

Genesis 1:31
    And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, a sixth day.

4. cfbro1

cfbro1 Jesus Lover

+6
    Christian
    If you think about it animals really dont worship God or praise him. They dont do any of the things we do to get into heaven. I think that there will be animals in heaven because it wouldnt be paradise without them. Animals where put on this planet to give us food and companionship.

5. ps139

ps139 Ab omni malo, libera nos, Domine!

+805
    Catholic
    Single
    I think in Heaven you can make your own pet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.