• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Do our pets go to heaven?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Wildfire, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solo66 man

solo66 man Well-Known Member

+2
    Here, boy ffwheeeet ffwheeeet ffwheeeet ffwheeeet .

2. Day

Day New Member

+0

The millenial reign is now. Did Christ ascend?

If you are waiting, then you are missing. The kingdom of the Son is a Kingdom of faith (Israel is those who believe in the Son).

If you are believing in the sacrifice then you are reigning with Christ -- you are a virgin by his blood. You are "born again" a.k.a the "first ressurection". The first ressurectino is that Jesus by His sacrifice made it possible for you to receive him. You are a new creation only when you believe in the sacrifice. If you don't believe Jesus became man, died, was burried, rose and ascended (became a life-giving a.k.a quickening spirit) then you are dead and not reigning and not having Peace.

3. LouisBooth

LouisBooth Well-Known Member

+59
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    *mod hat one* Day, please keep you posts on topic. This is about animals in heaven, not a post, mid, pre trib discussion. thanks *mod hat off*

4. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married
    >>And thanks to Day for posting that scripture from Ecclesiastes. There is your scriptural proof animal souls return to the ground

The scripture in Ecc deals with the sons of man, not the sons of God. I still am waiting for someone to show me a scripture that says that animals have a soul. I know they have a body that returns to the ground and a brain, but I do not know if they have a soul or not. I am still learning about this stuff. Thanks, JohnR7

5. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married
    >>Suppose one has a pet dolphin. Does that pet enter into heaven? As I understand Scripture, there will be no more seas, so are they in a "holding tank"?

I have been wondering the same thing. But that comes after the 1000 year reign of Christ, when there is a new Heaven and a New Earth.

Perhaps it is a referance to the Sea of Galilee, sense I heard the New Jerusalem will be 1500 by 1500 miles. It could be there will still be a ocean, because God created a ocean in the first place when He seperated the dry land from the water. But I really don't know, I am still waiting on God for that one myself. Thanks, JohnR7

6. Didymus

Didymus can t spell--can t type

+8
    Protestant
    I firmly believe all animals go to heaven. They can t sin. I believe that right now my pets who have died are enjoying the company of each other and the Lord. And nothing you will say on the subject will change my mind.

7. tericl2

tericl2 A Work in Progress

+6
    Christian
    As much as i would like to see my pets in heaven (my 6yo schnauzer just got ran over recently:( ) I don't believe they will be. Man was created in God's image not the animals. By his image it most likely means our spirit, since God is a spirit. So if the animals are not in his image then they don't have a spirit, hence, there is nothing there to be made new for our lives in heaven.

Of course, God can do anything he wants. We'll find out when we get there!! until then it doesn't really matter. Probably won't matter then either since all our joy will be realized in the eternal worship of our Maker.

8. solo66 man

+2
    Where is that dog of mine.

9. StogusMaximus

StogusMaximus Well-Known Member

+6
    Protestant
    I think we will have pets in heaven. If the soul of our earthly pets are not with us, then there will be other pets that will fill that need for us.

10. thrive

thrive romans 8:28

+0
    You ppl r crazy! LOL!

Why wouldn't our aminals have souls? God created each one of them just as unique & special as He created us. Why would He love them any less? Obviously, we're of greater value to Him than the animals, but like He has said, His eye is even on the sparrow. Maybe their spirits did fall down to the earth before Jesus came, but who's to say they don't go to heaven now?

I for one want my kitty when i get there. *whines* lol

;) :) ;)

11. Wildfire

Wildfire Member

+1
    hmmm...what happens to these new clones? first sheep, then cows, now kittens...? this could cause some mix up in heaven if they start to all look the same...

12. Mandy

Mandy Well-Known Member

+7
    The Bible does not say. We are the only thing created by God in His image. I don't think animals go to heaven, but the wolf will lie down with the lamb.

13. ZiSunka

ZiSunka It means 'yellow dog'

+276
    Christian
    Why wouldn't they?

Where do the animals come from in the New Jerusalem, if not from here on earth? Is God going to create all new animals, or will the animals who are alive with us now be the same ones we meet there?

14. ZiSunka

ZiSunka It means 'yellow dog'

+276
    Christian
    ;) All sheep already look the same to me!

15. Martin

Martin Senior Veteran

+12
    Christian
    Married
    Do pets go to heaven?

No..

16. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married
    >>Man was created in God's image not the animals.

Adam was a son of God and he was created in the image of God. But when he fell from grace he took on the image of the devil.

John 8:44
    You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

That is why we must be restored, we must be born again, and then we will again be made in the image of God. We will once again be sons of God.

17. solo66 man

+2
    Here boy. Heeerre puppy.

18. Josephus

Josephus <b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b> Supporter

+230
    Messianic
    HEY! why is it no one reads? lol :)

Pet's aren't going to be in HEAVEN! We're aren't even going to 'be' 'in' heaven. They will, and so will we, be in the NEW EARTH! - heaven on earth ...just like it was in the Garden of Eden! :)

no heaven. no heaven. it's all gonna be one somday. it's all going to be united. and since pets are dead in the ground, that means when God makes the New Earth out of the same stuff this one is made of, then our pets will too be resurrected!

is this making sense to anyone? lol

19. LouisBooth

LouisBooth Well-Known Member

+59
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    okay, when animals die do they go to heaven or are they going to be with us on the "new creation" NO. Will there be animals at all? Yes.

20. solo66 man

+2
    Where did that dog go?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.