Do creationists not know their own Bibles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well, I tried to read it, but asked for me to allow cookies or some such thing that I usually decline. That's the 'how,' I asked for the 'where.'

Oh the where. It started in China. So what?

And why are you afraid of cookies? You can clear them if you do not like them. If you are worried about being "tracked" then you should not get on the internet at all. It is going to happen.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟652,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So, I guess reporting a dangerous health situation isn’t the responsibility of governments (remember we were talking political denial, and instead blaming the U.S.), even though in all fairness some of their scientists went to jail for trying to do so.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So, I guess reporting a dangerous health situation isn’t the responsibility of governments (remember we were talking political denial, and instead blaming the U.S.), even though in all fairness some of their scientists went to jail for trying to do so.
Oh, there is no doubt that they should have reported it. But that is politics and not science. In fact a scientist that did report it got in big trouble. In fact he may have disappeared. I will have to double check that. Science is not to blame for the acts of politicians.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One woman here in the U.S. did just that in 1960, in spite of her colleagues, and ended up diverting a major disaster.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟652,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Oh, there is no doubt that they should have reported it. But that is politics and not science. In fact a scientist that did report it got in big trouble. In fact he may have disappeared. I will have to double check that. Science is not to blame for the acts of politicians.
Nope, and I didn't say they were (or didn't mean to). I was just making a point when we got side-tracked on political denial.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, I an tired of your QV's. Try again. From now on "QV" is merely you admitting that you are wrong again. At least when you respond to me.
You don't have to go look at Post 107.

I went ahead and told you you responded to it in Post 126.

That should tell you we've discussed this before.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Nope, and I didn't say they were (or didn't mean to). I was just making a point when we got side-tracked on political denial.
Then it may have been a misunderstanding on both our parts. I responded to a post of yours where it was pretty clear that you appeared be blaming scientists for the coronavirus. I will have to go back and take another look at that. There was no political denial.

EDIT: Nope, I went back to the origin and it appears that you were the one that made the original error. For some odd reason you included me when you claimed that I had political denial when my post was about the fact that the virus did not originate in a lab. My post had nothing to do with excusing China for their inaction.

The error that started this detour was yours.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟652,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And that is where I've realized that the undercurrent of science denialism that has fostered in places like the U.S. poses a real danger to society. The U.S. is living the consequences of it as we speak.

But, in regard to your last statement, the U.S. is primarily suffering the consequences of China’s recklessness with science.

There are numerous reasons for the bungled U.S. response to the pandemic, but the U.S. holds a lot of the blame. When compared to most other Western countries, the U.S. is doing far worse. That's not on China; that's on the U.S.

And no, China did not create coronavirus in a lab. Its origin was natural. It was found by using science:

I guess there's political denial here too.

Only if you are talking about yourself. You probably do not realize that other countries did not take China at its word and analyzed the virus itself to see where it came from. It did not come from a Chinese lab. Do you have any source that is not a wacko conspiracy source that says that the Chinese made it in a lab?

Where do you think it started?

It existed in animals first and a variation was able to cross over to humans. That is what the evidence tells us. You should have read the article. No need for a lab. This happens quite often. Some viruses do this regularly. The flu for example, it goes through different animal species and comes back every year changed a bit as a result. That is why we keep getting the flu.

Well, I tried to read it, but asked for me to allow cookies or some such thing that I usually decline. That's the 'how,' I asked for the 'where.'

Then it may have been a misunderstanding on both our parts. I responded to a post of yours where it was pretty clear that you appeared be blaming scientists for the coronavirus. I will have to go back and take another look at that. There was no political denial.
Nope, don't see it. Said China's recklessness with science, and even gave credit to some scientists there for trying to report the problem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Nope, don't see it. Said China's recklessness with science, and even gave credit to some scientists there for trying to report the problem.
But they were not "reckless with science". Once again you conflate politics and science. The error is still yours. There was no "political denial" by me. I don't know why you even made that false accusation. My post was merely stating that the Chinese did not create the problem as you earlier implied through science. Technically they did not even create the problem by covering it up at first. It is all but impossible to stop such a virus from spreading before its existence is known. Even by the time that the Chinese knew about it, and should have acted, it was too late.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,216,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
241636_9f4a3046555e3431f8a087b68dbce899_thumb.jpg

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.