Do any of you ever get really lonely?

PinkSweetart

Robots and rainbows, magic and mischief! ;)
Jan 27, 2008
:) <--- This smiley likes you.
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lol, but loneliness is far more crippling in a public environment.
Crowds make one lonely.
The absence of them, well, it may be lonely, but at least you don't see other people surrounding you that aren't lonely.
That's what made me so lonely this year. Seeing as I went to a school filled with kids who only cared about sports and social status, and I was the one kid who wasn't athletic, and the one person who cared about everyone, I didn't fit in. That was the loneliest year of my life.

I agree with this. It was when I was with other people that I didn't know when I felt very lonely.

So yes, I get lonely.
I grew up homeschooled and didn't have much interaction with kids my own age. So when I went to youth activities I saw a lot of kids who already knew eachother and were best friends, while I pretty much was ignored. I suppose that's my own fault for being shy, though.:doh:

Upvote 0

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I agree with this. It was when I was with other people that I didn't know when I felt very lonely.

So yes, I get lonely.
I grew up homeschooled and didn't have much interaction with kids my own age. So when I went to youth activities I saw a lot of kids who already knew eachother and were best friends, while I pretty much was ignored. I suppose that's my own fault for being shy, though.:doh:

Yeah, loneliness in public is awful, it's cool I'm not the only one that thinks this. lol.
Shy people are usually easier to get along with though, at least that's my opinion.

Upvote 0

PinkSweetart

Jan 27, 2008
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, loneliness in public is awful, it's cool I'm not the only one that thinks this. lol.
Shy people are usually easier to get along with though, at least that's my opinion.
I'm sure a lot of people probably agree with what you said. Or least I would think so. How could someone not get lonely, or feel left out if they saw everyone else having fun while they were watching from the outside?

Well, I wouldn't know lol... I don't think I've ever meet another shy person. But I'm glad you think that.

Upvote 0

Unfit'for'swine

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,699.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

So yes, I get lonely.

I second this, so I guess all home schooled people feel lonely and rejected when around others.

Upvote 0

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I second this, so I guess all home schooled people feel lonely and rejected when around others.

Yup, that's probably it. Cuz, I've been homeschooled most of my life, except for the last few years of high school. It was miserable, so I'm going back to homeschooling again.

Upvote 0

Unfit'for'swine

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,699.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Actually, I knew quite a few homeschoolers who were pretty out-going and had no problem being around others. Social butterflies to the max!

Well harbor and me are both home schooled, and so your hearing your information directly from the horse's mouth. ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Unfit'for'swine

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,699.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A question I'd pose to HarborOrange and Unfit'for'Swine: If you could go back would you have rather gone to normal school for your whole education, or stayed in homeschooling? Are ya'll pretty content with how it's turned out?

I would have let it be as it is, God doesn't role dice with the universe and he certainly knows what he is doing in me ;)

Upvote 0

PinkSweetart

Jan 27, 2008
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well harbor and me are both home schooled, and so your hearing your information directly from the horse's mouth. ^_^
LOL... Alls I'm sayin' is everyone has their own opinion. :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
A question I'd pose to HarborOrange and Unfit'for'Swine: If you could go back would you have rather gone to normal school for your whole education, or stayed in homeschooling? Are ya'll pretty content with how it's turned out?

I'd of definitely rather stayed in home schooling. I did normal schooling for awhile, but due to the nature of who I am, it didn't work at all.
I didn't fit in anywhere, and I learned less than I learned when I was homeschooled. I used to be around 2 years ahead in science, now I'm kinda 1 year ahead, which bums me out, cuz I could've finished science early.
but, ah well. haha.

Upvote 0

PinkSweetart

Jan 27, 2008
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
haha, my family tried the sports thing too...
But, I just completely fail at sports, except for snowboarding... But that's not a team sport.
Anyways, that never worked for me to meet people. I just stuck to music, that's a solitary thing.
Haha.
I tried cheer, tennis, and volleyball but found that I wasn't very good at either of those. :D I wanted to try softball, but I porbably would have sucked at that, too.
And then I found music... and the rest is history. :p I fell in love with the guitar but even though I took "lessons", I still didn't socialize. Everyone was older than I was so I felt awkward... not to mention when I was there a older lady said, (very rudely, I might add) "I thought this was an adult class." :| I was 17 (almost 18) at the time.
Some people just aren't that nice. :doh:

Upvote 0
M

MissElizabeth

I didnt mine the public school so much. I think it has helped in certin areas in my character, but i am glad I didnt get to high school because of all the rot that comes with it. I think if you have a fellowship group, or different things where kids can have social interaction, and build their social skills, than i think homeschooling really works. But it does get hard when you dont have that. But after having the best of both worlds, I will definately be homeschooling my kids.

Upvote 0

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, public schooling really messes people up... The girl I'm dating was schooled publicly when she was in middle school, and it honestly messed her up to some extent, and even to this day, she's still working hard to turn past mistakes around. Her life is much much better now, but some of the choices kids in public school helped her make still haunt her to this day. Public school does honestly come with bad things, kids these days just are into bad things... At least it seems that way. I was publicly schooled for a bit, and I would honestly never do it again. Home schooling's the way to go, I agree.
But yeah, having a group of people you can hang out with is essential if you plan to be home schooled.

Upvote 0