✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have no Biblical genealogy of Mary.
Luke received his information from Mary. He spent a lot of time talking to Mary and that is why the book of Luke has information about Jesus that the other gospels do not have.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Multiple human "races" is one of the lies of evolution.

You are incorrect. The Theory of Evolution makes no such claim. There is only one human race known technically as Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

Differing skin pigmentation does not mean that there are different human "races". The is only one human race. Man uses the thought of multiple human "races" to continue to promote his or her prejudices and bigotry.

In this we are in full agreement.

BTW, see my post #46.

• Agree
Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The most that can be said is that "Big Evolution" is wrong.
There is no contradiction between Science and the Bible. Of course in this day and age of false news we know that there is also a lot of false science out there. For example the CEO's of companies like General Foods likes to use false science to convince people that the food they process is healthy. Even though true science shows us that their food far too often is harmful for our health.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Multiple human "races" is one of the lies of evolution.
Evolution is based on common descent and common ancestor and so is the Bible. There is no contradiction between science and the Bible. They confirm each other when properly understood. We need the Bible to understand Science and we need Science to help us understand our Bible. What Jesus warns us about is man's traditions.

Mark 7:8 You have disregarded the commandment of God to keep the tradition of men.” 9 He went on to say, “You neatly set aside the commandment of God to maintain your own tradition.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The most that can be said is that "Big Evolution" is wrong. I would disagree but that is beside the point. Until proven wrong, it is not a lie.

I would agree in the fact that we cannot simply dismiss factual evidence. Factual evidence is one of the trademarks of the evolution of science today. And is one of the reasons we have become such an advanced society and an evolved society. I think that if Christians don't embrace evidence and work out how Christianity fits into the factual evidence, then we as Christians will begin to lose potential members. We as Christians may have received communication with God and know he Lives and is true and correct, but we must be able to teach others and confess God to them also, with the truth and factual evidence in hand.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I recently accepted that Jesus the Christ was in fact middle eastern and not Caucasian like the pictures that some churches have of Jesus. Which leads me to the study of my origins as a white person.

Then I was reading in the Human article on wikipedia Human - Wikipedia and I saw under the illustration slightly down on the page the "human timeline" that homoerectus or homohabilis migrated from Africa.

So if I am to accept some sort of mixture between creationism and evolution, than also does that illustration mean that all humans are from Africa also? So that although I'm not African my ancestors are from Africa at some point?

Remember that if we accept the account of Adam and Eve being the first humans, it is likely that all of what you are referring to takes place much later.

The main difference between evolution and creation is the starting time. Was it 4.6 Billion years old, like man says... or has it been 6000 years since Adam as the counting through biblical genealogy suggests? Well, we each have to draw our own conclusion but consider this... when Adam was made he wasn't a baby in need of milk, God created a man. Which means, when Adam was 2 seconds old, he appeared much older than he was. Same with trees... God created trees bearing fruit, Adam did need to eat... and therefore, 2 seconds after the trees were made they looked much older than they were. The earth came with the appearance of age and I really believe that is what skews our ability to test the earth in terms of scientific methods.

Science agrees humans began with one pair... the bible says one pair. That is one pair of humans, not human like creatures that evolved. We are what we are since God made us.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: S.O.J.I.A.
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
We as Christians may have received communication with God and know he Lives and is true and correct,
This , God's Communication, His Word, Jesus, and Revelation from Him
all
is first, is true, is correct. Anything else opposed to God is wrong.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thing is, how can we exactly prove that the Bible's creationism is true?

Because it is the word of God, first and foremost.

We can't go just because the Bible says so because that's circular reasoning.

No it is not. If something is the ultimate source of truth, and there is no other outside source of truth because it is the ultimate source of truth, it is completely valid for the Bible to refer to itself as the truth. It is not vicious circular reasoning.

And if we assume that Moses was the one who wrote the first 5 books of the Bible, then he wrote about events centuries before he was born that were passed down through oral tradition.

Through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Very key element for the development of scripture. God is able to preserve His word, even through oral tradition.

Things get muddled when they're told between a small group of people over a short period of time, let alone over centuries.

They do apart from the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, that is when it is not God-breathed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no contradiction between science and the Bible.

I agree. However, Evolution is not science. It is not observable, it is not testable, it is not repeatable, there is no evidence, violating the scientific method and proving that Evolution is not science.

They confirm each other when properly understood. We need the Bible to understand Science and we need Science to help us understand our Bible. What Jesus warns us about is man's traditions.

Ok. See previous response above.

• Agree
Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Evolution is not science.
Evolution is in the Biology book. Today the students have to know Biology in order to graduate from High School. Just what is your objection to what is written in the High School Biology book? In the Book I have Unit 5 Evolution: Chapter 15 Darwin's Theory of Evolution, Chapter 16 Evolution of Populations, Chapter 17 The History of Life & Chapter 18 Classifications. Just what part of this do you object to?

Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I recently accepted that Jesus the Christ was in fact middle eastern and not Caucasian like the pictures that some churches have of Jesus. Which leads me to the study of my origins as a white person.

Then I was reading in the Human article on wikipedia Human - Wikipedia and I saw under the illustration slightly down on the page the "human timeline" that homoerectus or homohabilis migrated from Africa.

So if I am to accept some sort of mixture between creationism and evolution, than also does that illustration mean that all humans are from Africa also? So that although I'm not African my ancestors are from Africa at some point?

Your answer to this should come straight from the bible and not a wiki link. You can see in the bible if its important it will be in there. However, with that said the OT is mainly used as a tutor/history buff since it is only the NT we should be concentrating on pertaining to salvation and conduct. With that said, since lots of NT alludes to OT, that is why you use it as a tutor. You can find it here in Genesis 2:8-15 pay attention particularly to v.10 and it will paint you the picture in your head. I wouldn't concentrate completely on this issue as a make or break and hard feelings since it does not pertain to salvation. I would just use it for curious history buffing. And as I read that wiki link you had, would take non of it really seriously since they also believe we come from chimpanzees.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That may be true, but the theory of multiple human races based on skin color has some basis in Evolution.
We have common ancestor based on common descent. For example quite a few people are related to Abraham in the Bible. Of course as gentiles we are not related to Abraham because we are adopted into the family. We are a branch from a wild tree grafted into a cultivated tree. When people share a matriarch or patriarch then we can expect that they are going to share common DNA characteristics. In China you will find that 92 percent of the people are descended from the Han dynasty dating back to 205 BC.

Upvote 0

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or what if Jesus the Christ is appearing in vision to people to represent whom they need to treat like they would treat Jesus as? I'm not saying that's the truth because I don't know. But what if he appears in paintings like a beach boy for a reason?

Miracles do not happen anymore. 1 Corinthians 13:8 for example that anyone after the last apostle death if full of kool-aid and happy pills.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Or what if Jesus the Christ is appearing in vision to people to represent whom they need to treat like they would treat Jesus as? I'm not saying that's the truth because I don't know. But what if he appears in paintings like a beach boy for a reason?

Every time God the Creator sends an angel or a vision,
HE never breaks nor contradicts
HIS WORD,
ever.

Most visions and such violate God's Word, so are seen only as human sourced or demonic.

Some that may be real and true, are taken and abused by authorities to gain some profit , power or advantage by it.. when they have the chance to, they do.

Others, true and proven, are attacked by the authorities (same as they wanted to kill Jesus, and to make Lazarus disappear - they were so mad that God did heal so many ! )

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Evolution is in the Biology book. Today the students have to know Biology in order to graduate from High School. Just what is your objection to what is written in the High School Biology book? In the Book I have Unit 5 Evolution: Chapter 15 Darwin's Theory of Evolution, Chapter 16 Evolution of Populations, Chapter 17 The History of Life & Chapter 18 Classifications. Just what part of this do you object to?

So what you're saying is a Biology book is your ultimate authority?

I don't agree.

Just because it is written in a book, does not mean it is truth.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have common ancestor based on common descent. For example quite a few people are related to Abraham in the Bible. Of course as gentiles we are not related to Abraham because we are adopted into the family. We are a branch from a wild tree grafted into a cultivated tree. When people share a matriarch or patriarch then we can expect that they are going to share common DNA characteristics. In China you will find that 92 percent of the people are descended from the Han dynasty dating back to 205 BC.

I don't disagree with what you wrote here, however, that does not mean we share a common ancestor with non-humans. That is what Evolution promotes.

Upvote 0

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no contradiction between Science and the Bible. Of course in this day and age of false news we know that there is also a lot of false science out there. For example the CEO's of companies like General Foods likes to use false science to convince people that the food they process is healthy. Even though true science shows us that their food far too often is harmful for our health.

Correct me if I am wrong, but are these two statements contradictory? I don't read in the bible anything on evolution sir.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Miracles do not happen anymore. 1 Corinthians 13:8 for example that anyone after the last apostle death if full of kool-aid and happy pills.

By kool-aid and happy pills what are you referring to? Having trouble understanding that sentence structure or something.

Corinthians 13:8 ends with the Gift of Knowledge, which appears to be as a topic here scientifically and appears to be at a high point in the current world, which kinda nullifies the context of 13:8 I would think for the current times to say that prophecies and tongues and knowledge are of not. Since knowledge is so great and expanded scientifically in our modern world. One might expect prophecy and tongues also to be present by association.

Upvote 0