Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Corinthians 13:8 ends with the Gift of Knowledge, which appears to be as a topic here scientifically and appears to be at a high point in the current world, which kinda nullifies the context of 13:8 I would think for the current times to say that prophecies and tongues and knowledge are of not. Since knowledge is so great and expanded scientifically in our modern world. One might expect prophecy and tongues also to be present by association.

I think you missed the point of that "knowledge" part there in that verse.

The apostle is plainly speaking of miraculous gifts, and therefore of knowledge to be had out of the common way (see ch. 14:6), a knowledge of mysteries supernaturally communicated. Such knowledge was to vanish away. You mentioned visions, I simply told you via scripture that that can't be so.

Notice v.9 & 10 of 1 Cor. 13. "that which is perfect" refers to the bibles completion. We have the bible and its been around for centuries. Miracles ceased when we got "that which is perfect".

By kool-aid and happy pills what are you referring to? Having trouble understanding that sentence structure or something.

Basically, according to scripture, one would be delusional to think they "saw a vision". kool-aid aka alcohol/ happy pills aka Vicodin for example.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rui

Hi, friendly
Apr 14, 2017
Willemstad
✟16,894.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think you missed the point of that "knowledge" part there in that verse.

The apostle is plainly speaking of miraculous gifts, and therefore of knowledge to be had out of the common way (see ch. 14:6), a knowledge of mysteries supernaturally communicated. Such knowledge was to vanish away. You mentioned visions, I simply told you via scripture that that can't be so.

Basically, according to scripture, one would be delusional to think they "saw a vision". kool-aid aka alcohol/ happy pills aka Vicodin for example.

Yeah I disagree that you should state that as a fact? I think maybe it should be a subject of conjecture instead? It's very black and white thought process.

Like since I don't have visions then no one else should, which sounds a little delusional?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I disagree that you should state that as a fact, I think that's almost like saying black people aren't good lookin' in the thought process delusion? I think maybe it should be a subject of conjecture instead? It's very black and white thought process.

Like since I don't have visions then no one else should, or since black people aren't good looking then no one else should think so either, which sounds a little delusional?

I never said anything about race. Quote me were I did because I don't see it.

Also, it is a "black and white" matter with no gray area in between, yes. The bible is quite clear in those verses. All I did is recite those verses to you and so you do not disagree with me or have a problem with me, you have a problem/disagreement with what the scripture says there. You'll either believe it or you won't I can't make you nor will I beat you over the head with it. So I suppose we could part ways on this matter my friend, for now.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I agree. However, Evolution is not science. It is not observable, it is not testable, it is not repeatable, there is no evidence, violating the scientific method and proving that Evolution is not science.

There is absolutely nothing here that I can agree with --- nothing!

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I never said anything about race. Quote me were I did because I don't see it.

Also, it is a "black and white" matter with no gray area in between, yes. The bible is quite clear in those verses. All I did is recite those verses to you and so you do not disagree with me or have a problem with me, you have a problem/disagreement with what the scripture says there. You'll either believe it or you won't I can't make you nor will I beat you over the head with it. So I suppose we could part ways on this matter my friend, for now.

Sorry if I insinuated that you were like a racist. That wasn't my point, I just think that black and white thinking lends itself to paranoid delusions as I have had experience with people that exhibit black and white thinking. And I would suggest never being closed to a teaching and then if you don't like it decide its not right for you and leave it at that. But to say its not right for everyone seems too far to me.

I'm just expressing my beliefs I suppose, God bless you :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry if I insinuated that you were racist. That wasn't my point, I just think that black and white thinking lends itself to paranoid delusions as I have had experience with people that exhibit black and white thinking. And I would suggest never being closed to a teaching and then if you don't like it decide its not right for you and leave it at that. But to say its not right for everyone seems too far to me.

I'm just expressing my beliefs I suppose, God bless you :)

I understand and because you can't (for the most part) tell if anyone is upset via messaging, know that I am not upset at all with you. For me, the bible is a black and white issue. God has drawn a line in the sand basically saying, you do this or this will happen, or, do not do this or this will happen for example. Never once in the bible is there a gray area. That is why I put things into those "black and white" categories. And the bible, using "black and white" teaching, is never delusional or even comes across as such. I do enjoy our discussions my friend and hope that there will be many more.

Upvote 0

Jack Isaacks

Jan 24, 2017
Arizona
✟12,262.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No, They don't. And there's no evidence of Jesus being black. It's only a theory. What if Marry and Joseph's families came from Europe? There must clearly be a reason, Why the Holy Spirit gives artists a vision of a white Jesus.

This black Jesus theory has no real evidence.

I don't think that's what the original poster is saying. As far as seeing Jesus as black, white, brown, or purple, there has always been a tendency to imagine Jesus as one's own race.Consider Ethiopian Orthodox iconography, or the beautiful carol "Some Children See Him."

And have you ever seen Chinese or Japanese Christian art? Why would not the Holy Spirit inspire these artists to show Jesus as Asian?

Whether the original Garden of Eden was located in the Tigris-Euphrates valley, or in Africa (one of the rivers in Genesis 1-2 flows through Ethiopia) is of no matter ot me.

Christ is risen!

Upvote 0

Jack Isaacks

Jan 24, 2017
Arizona
✟12,262.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
we are all spirits that dwell in a temporary body.

That's not a Christian teaching, LovelyDay10. Our physical bodies are an intrinsic part of our human nature.

A body without a soul is a corpse. A soul without a body is a ghost. It takes BOTH to make the whole person.

Christ is risen!

• Winner
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LovelyDay10

Apr 17, 2017
Fort Wayne
✟9,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
That's not a Christian teaching, LovelyDay10. Our physical bodies are an intrinsic part of our human nature.

A body without a soul is a corpse. A soul without a body is a ghost. It takes BOTH to make the whole person.

Christ is risen!

Your soul is your mind will and emotion. Your spirit is life. So your body without a spirit is a corpse.

Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Your soul is your mind will and emotion. Your spirit is life. So your body without a spirit is a corpse.
but what is our spirit without body, other than the air that fills our lungs?

Upvote 0

The Brown Brink

Apr 9, 2017
Kentucky
✟27,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The theory of evolution does not threaten Jesus or God, at all.

It does, however, threaten racism.

Evolution describes racism as a natural tendency. It's the "birds of a feather flock together" survival instinct.
But we're supposed to rise above nature.
We're supposed to reach higher.
We're supposed to incorporate Jesus's message into our lives so that we can be happy with each other and get along together.
Racism obstructs this.

The theory of evolution describes the success of cooperation and communication, just like Jesus said.
It supports Jesus's message.
I like that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, They don't. And there's no evidence of Jesus being black. It's only a theory. What if Marry and Joseph's families came from Europe? There must clearly be a reason, Why the Holy Spirit gives artists a vision of a white Jesus.

This black Jesus theory has no real evidence.

I lived in Israel. When they excavate ancient Hebrews, they are close to negroid race. Maybe not exactly "black", but very dark for sure.

Upvote 0

The Brown Brink

Apr 9, 2017
Kentucky
✟27,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, love is the key.
We are told to love God and to love our neighbor as ourselves.
We are told that there is no greater commandment than these.
No greater commandment than these, we are told.
And told quite plainly.
There is no room for interpretation.
It's pretty simple.

Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
View attachment 194660
This is most likely the true face of Jesus Christ - the miraculous imagery on the Shroud of Turin.
The face is Caucasian, or Euro-Aryan - definitely not Negroid, nor Indian, not Chinese, not Aztec...

Jesus was negroid

• Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I recently accepted that Jesus the Christ was in fact middle eastern and not Caucasian like the pictures that some churches have of Jesus. Which leads me to the study of my origins as a white person.

Then I was reading in the Human article on wikipedia Human - Wikipedia and I saw under the illustration slightly down on the page the "human timeline" that homoerectus or homohabilis migrated from Africa.

So if I am to accept some sort of mixture between creationism and evolution, than also does that illustration mean that all humans are from Africa also? So that although I'm not African my ancestors are from Africa at some point?

Yes the origins of humans is from Afrika

Upvote 0