Jack Isaacks

Jan 24, 2017
Arizona
✟12,262.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I lived in Israel. When they excavate ancient Hebrews, they are close to negroid race. Maybe not exactly "black", but very dark for sure.
There's a young man who attends our church who is of strictly iraqi/Chaldean/Assyrian descent.

His skin is fairer than mine.

Christ is risen!

Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can't just quote a scripture and leave it at one verse if you read the whole chapter it's on love.... it's basically saying even though you prophesied, do miracles , etc.... if u don't have love then you are nothing.

I am assuming you are making discussion directed to me?

1 Corinthians 13. Yes I have read it. I never said that Paul, the writer of this book, doesn't inform them of love (among other things). The point I was making in that while Paul was speaking to the Corinthians about the greatest gift being love, he was also speaking on spiritual gifts too. In speaking on spiritual gifts Paul basically said that they will cease. No more visions, no more casting out demons, no more speaking languages fluently that you never studied before (aka tongues).

I refer you to these verses in chapter 13:

v.1-2 Paul mentioning his miraculous gifts he has

v.8 Paul states that these miraculous gifts will cease but why? see next

v.10 "that which is perfect" Once God's word was completed/ we have the bible, there is no need for miraculous gifts. They ceased long ago.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟884,137.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is my Jesus.

rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F14%2F32d40b75-edb2-429a-b2c8-b38a35ff0ce6.jpg

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Excavations do not reveal skin colour.

Sometimes they do. Depending on what is preserved of a body. Then, you have proportions of skull nd skeleton and ancient DNA that easily allow to know race and even skin colour.

Upvote 0

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's a young man who attends our church who is of strictly iraqi/Chaldean/Assyrian descent.

His skin is fairer than mine.

Christ is risen!

So what? Ancient Hebrews were negroid according to archeology. But let's believe Hollywood and European artists.

Upvote 0

Kimchi Expert

Apr 17, 2017
Los Angeles
✟11,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recently accepted that Jesus the Christ was in fact middle eastern and not Caucasian like the pictures that some churches have of Jesus. Which leads me to the study of my origins as a white person.

Then I was reading in the Human article on wikipedia Human - Wikipedia and I saw under the illustration slightly down on the page the "human timeline" that homoerectus or homohabilis migrated from Africa.

So if I am to accept some sort of mixture between creationism and evolution, than also does that illustration mean that all humans are from Africa also? So that although I'm not African my ancestors are from Africa at some point?
Yes, all humans are definitely from Africa. DNA analysis clearly supports this fact. The blonde haired, blue eyed Jesus that you're used to seeing is just a marketing ploy. At some point, the human race decided these physical features were the ideal form of beauty, and so Jesus was marketed accordingly.

You don't need to accept any "mixture" of creationism and evolution. The fact there are different races of people is proof of evolution. Melanin is a protein in your skin, and it determines your skin color. Darker people have MORE melanin, lighter people have LESS. In areas of the world that are cooler, people have less melanin. In areas of the world with greater heat and sunlight, people have more. This came about over the course of thousands of years. That's evolution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, all humans are definitely from Africa. DNA analysis clearly supports this fact. The blonde haired, blue eyed Jesus that you're used to seeing is just a marketing ploy. At some point, the human race decided these physical features were the ideal form of beauty, and so Jesus was marketed accordingly.

You don't need to accept any "mixture" of creationism and evolution. The fact there are different races of people is proof of evolution. Melanin is a protein in your skin, and it determines your skin color. Darker people have MORE melanin, lighter people have LESS. In areas of the world that are cooler, people have less melanin. In areas of the world with greater heat and sunlight, people have more. This came about over the course of thousands of years. That's evolution.

You know something, when I accepted that Jesus the Christ was middle eastern I felt like I was accepting part of the Spirit of Truth into my soul. Like I wasn't denying Jesus the Christ any more to some degree.

[edit] not to mention Mary and Joseph were to not disclose that the Holy Ghost gave birth to Jesus the Christ, such that if Jesus would have came out Caucasian, they may have stoned her to death regardless of Joseph's testimony? As an adulterer?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kimchi Expert

Apr 17, 2017
Los Angeles
✟11,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know something, when I accepted that Jesus the Christ was middle eastern I felt like I was accepting part of the Spirit of Truth into my soul. Like I wasn't denying Jesus the Christ any more to some degree.
I'm glad you feel that way. Don't feel guilty about denying Jesus the Christ, because you weren't in any sort of denial. Your perception was simply distorted by marketing. It happens to the best of us. There's a psychology to marketing that still works in modern times. That's exactly why big corporations pay millions of dollars to run advertisements during the Super Bowl. Marketing.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Negroid peoples were certainly known in the Middle East and North Africa. One dynasty of Egyptian pharaohs was black and black soldiers acting as mercenaries for various kingdoms were common. There certainly must have been some genetic mixing but I do not know of any permanent presence or settlement of negroid peoples in the Middle East.

Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
God didn't create a man and a woman for each continent. we all came from adam and eve. they were one ethnicity.
Rubbish. Complete nonsense.
Where in the Bible do the scriptures declare that Adam and Eve were the first and only people in the world?

Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rubbish. Complete nonsense.
Where in the Bible do the scriptures declare that Adam and Eve were the first and only people in the world?

Where in the bible do the scripture declare that Adam and Eve were not the first and only people in the world?
Not trying to be belligerent against you, but you certainly didn't offer any evidence to back your claim.

1 Corinthians 15:45 (Adam was the first)

Romans 5:12,14 (pretty much implies that Adam was the first and ONLY man alive at this time he sinned)

Genesis 3:16 ( God multiplies not only eves sorrow but her conception also)

Genesis 5:3-4 (Long life span, multiplied conception, statement of sons and daughters, bam you have cains wife in the mix since there are no dates set on when cain got a wife Genesis 4:17 or even killed abel)

Now I believe you might speak some other subjects related to this and I will have verses for that too. Until then here is your evidence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LadyCrosstalk

Aug 19, 2006
✟30,242.00
Faith
Christian
I recently accepted that Jesus the Christ was in fact middle eastern and not Caucasian like the pictures that some churches have of Jesus. Which leads me to the study of my origins as a white person.

Then I was reading in the Human article on wikipedia Human - Wikipedia and I saw under the illustration slightly down on the page the "human timeline" that homoerectus or homohabilis migrated from Africa.

So if I am to accept some sort of mixture between creationism and evolution, than also does that illustration mean that all humans are from Africa also? So that although I'm not African my ancestors are from Africa at some point?

No one knows for sure. There are theories. Middle Easterners are considered to be "Caucasoids" just as are those of European descent. There are no absolutely "pure" "phylogenetic units" though. We appear to be mixtures--we apparently even have Neanderthal genes sprinkled about. When they have done genetic testing on Egyptian mummies, the geneticists were startled to discover that the Egyptian Pharaohs, at least, are more like Europeans than they are other Middle Easterners. Much too much is made of "race"--it is an artificial construct. We are all part of the modern human race and we come in a variety of colors. Our God is a God of variety it seems. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

With the rivers named in Gen 2:10-14, it "seems" we can determine that the Garden of Eden was between the Euphrates and Tigres rivers, where they are the closest together. Since the first man, Adam, was created in that area, we can say that is where man originated from, not rocks from Mars, not the ocean, and not Africa, all of which some people believe in.

Upvote 0

LadyCrosstalk

Aug 19, 2006
✟30,242.00
Faith
Christian
View attachment 194660
This is most likely the true face of Jesus Christ - the miraculous imagery on the Shroud of Turin.
The face is Caucasian, or Euro-Aryan - definitely not Negroid, nor Indian, not Chinese, not Aztec...

Since the eastern end of the Mediterranean is a "crossroads" of three continents, it makes sense that Middle Easterners (of which Jesus was one) would bear a genetic mix of all three continents.

Upvote 0