Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Douglas Hendrickson said:
Seems to me they are clearly an APPEAL TO AUTHORITY, (a logical fallacy), that their claims that you like are not at all substantiated.
Settled Science is like that.

I have presented scientific fact. You have presented nothing in response to refute the iron clad scientific evidence.

Interesting that you ADMIT that "settled science" is not at all substantiated !
This is of course pretty evident in the case of the "climate change" scam, and EVOLUTION, but perhaps even more so in the "great biologists" claims you present. "Scientific fact" that you admit is unsubstantiated.
Since you seem to have trouble seeing this, I will soon respond directly and more fully to your post #165.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Douglas Hendrickson said:
Seems to me they are clearly an APPEAL TO AUTHORITY, (a logical fallacy), that their claims that you like are not at all substantiated.

Interesting that you ADMIT that "settled science" is not at all substantiated !
This is of course pretty evident in the case of the "climate change" scam, and EVOLUTION, but perhaps even more so in the "great biologists" claims you present. "Scientific fact" that you admit is unsubstantiated.
Since you seem to have trouble seeing this, I will soon respond directly and more fully to your post #165.
I substantiated such already.

Twisting my words noted.

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I substantiated such already.

Twisting my words noted.

So you twisted your words right off the page, did you?

VERY FUNNY. You don't want to admit you said that huh, when I complained about (or merely noticed?) the unsubstantiated claims you threw out, you responded: "Settled Science is like that." Very funny indeed that you should accuse me of twisting your words.

Perhaps you should try harder to twist them straight next time?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you twisted your words right off the page, did you?

VERY FUNNY. You don't want to admit you said that huh, when I complained about (or merely noticed?) the unsubstantiated claims you threw out, you responded: "Settled Science is like that." Very funny indeed that you should accuse me of twisting your words.

Perhaps you should try harder to twist them straight next time?
Perhaps I should put it this way...what evidence from medical science you have which refutes the settled medical science I presented.

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
@Douglas Hendrickson has been presented the settled science of embryology quite a few times by me and others. Here is the evidence presented of human life beginning at conception:

The Developing Human Being
By Keith Moore, and T.V.N. Persaud
7th edition, 2003

From an introductory definition section:

“Human development is a continuous process that begins when an oocyte(ovum) from a female is fertilized by a sperm (spermatozoon) from a male. Cell division, cell migration, programmed cell death, differentiation, growth, and cell rearrangement transform the fertilized oocyte, a highly specialized, totipotent cell – a zygote – into a multicellular human being. Although most developmental changes occur during the embryonic and fetal periods, important changes occur during later periods of development: infancy, childhood, adolescence, and early adulthood. Development does not stop at birth. Important changes, in addition to growth, occur after birth (e.g., development of teeth and female breasts). The brain triples in weight between birth and 16 years; most developmental changes are completed by the age of 25. Although it is customary to divide human development into prenatal (before birth) and postnatal (after birth) periods, birth is merely a dramatic event during development resulting in a change in environment.” (p. 2)

Zygote. This cell results from the union of an oocyte and a sperm during fertilization. A zygote is the beginning of a new human being (i.e., an embryo).” (p. 2)

Embryo. The developing human during its early stages of development. Theembryonic period extends to the end of the eighth week (56 days), by which time the beginnings of all major structures are present.” (p. 3)

From chapter 2: “The Beginning of Human Development: First Week”

First sentence of the Chapter: “Human development begins at fertilization when a male gamete or sperm (spermatozoon) unites with a female gamete or oocyte (ovum) to form a single cell – a zygote. This highly specialized, totipotent cell marked the beginning of each of us as a unique individual.” (p. 16)

“Studies on early stages of development indicate that human oocytes are usually fertilized with 12 hours after ovulation. In vitro observations have shown that the oocyte cannot be fertilized after 24 hours and this it degenerates shortly thereafter.” [This would buttress our argument that sperm and ovum by themselves are parts of the parents and not entire beings. That there is a substantial change between gametes and zygotes.] (p. 31)

“The zygote is genetically unique because half of its chromosomes come from the mother and half from the father. The zygote contains a new combination of chromosomes that is different from that in the cells of either of the parents.” (p. 33)

“Cleavage consists of repeated mitotic divisions of the zygote, resulting in a rapid increase in the number of cells. The embryonic cells – blastomeres – become smaller with each cleavage division. First the zygote divides into two blastomores, which then divide into four blastomores, either blastomeres, and so on.” (p. 36-37) [We can use the cleavage discussion to show that now the embryo is operating on its own and developing.]

More: Quotes from Textbooks on Human Development

When Do Human Beings Begin?

A zygote [fertilized egg] is the beginning of a new human being. Human development begins at fertilization, the process during which a male gamete … unites with a female gamete or oocyte … to form a single cell called a zygote. This highly specialized, totipotent cell marks the beginning of each of us as a unique individual.

Keith L. Moore’s The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology (7th edition, Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, 2003)

http://www.textbookrush.com/browse/...calinventory&gclid=CJGkm7nNncoCFQqpaQodVZINSA

The French geneticist Jerome L. LeJeune has stated:

To accept the fact that after fertilization has taken place a new human has come into being is no longer a matter of taste or opinion. The human nature of the human being from conception to old age is not a metaphysical contention, it is plain experimental evidence.” [The Human Life Bill: Hearings on S. 158 Before the Subcommittee on Separation of Powers of the Senate Judiciary Committee, 97th Congress, 1st Session (1981). See Norman L. Geisler, Christian Ethics: Options and Issues (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books, 1989), p. 149 also Francis J. Beckwith,Politically Correct Death: Answering the Arguments for Abortion Rights (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books, 1993), p. 42.] (Emphases mine – VJT.)

Dr. Hymie Gordon, professor of medical genetics and Mayo Clinic physician stated:

“I think we can now also say that the question of the beginning of life – when life begins – is no longer a question for theological or philosophical dispute. It is an established scientific fact. Theologians and philosophers may go on to debate the meaning of life or purpose of life, but it is an established fact that all life, including human life, begins at the moment of conception.” [The Human Life Bill – S. 158, Report 9, see Francis J. Beckwith, Politically Correct Death: Answering the Arguments for Abortion Rights (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books, 1993), p. 42.] (Emphases mine – VJT.)

So yes, the science has been presented.
I guess the science has been presented then, but this "science" does NOT demonstrate that what is in the womb is a human being; the most it correctly characterizes is that new genetics arise and are sustained and the growth develops. The growth grows ("human development"). Big hairy deal. The genetic difference does not and can not itself prove what has it is a human being - only that it may well be some parts of a human being, that it is human constituents, elements, but NOT that these are sufficient for us to say it is a human being. There is NO EVIDENCE advanced to answer this question.

The first paragraph by Moore and Persaud speaks about "human development" - everything after conception is human development, but actually the sperm and egg coming together is human development, and even their production is human development. All these are HUMAN DEVELOPMENT because there is change over time that could be characterized as development or growth, and of course the biological cells coming into being are HUMAN, they are not of some other animal species.
Then at the end of that paragraph it says: "birth is merely a dramatic event during development resulting in a change in environment.” If you have been following my discussion with "SPF", hopefully you will realize this claim that birth is merely a change of environment is REALLY QUITE FALSE. There are a number of things that birth is, including acquiring the ability to breathe, see, eat, etc. So to make the point again, this statement is false, and the claims that precede it about "human development" tell us nothing about the question of whether the development itself is a human being or merely human like the cancer is human and develops, that is, is truly human development.

After that, they say of the ZYGOTE, "A zygote is the beginning of a new human being (i.e., an embryo).” I hope you can notice this is a bald claim without a bit of evidence for it.

Then on the EMBRYO it speaks of: "the developing human ..." implying "human being," but in no way providing any evidence that is the true way to characterize such development. It is human development like was pointed out above, but there is NO BASIS PRESENTED to indicate it is true to begin referring to this as "the ...human," as though there were a human being already then existing.

Then from what is called the first sentence of their Chapter 2, we have what is actually the second sentence, "This highly specialized, totipotent cell marked the beginning of each of us as a unique individual.” This too has nothing to support it, no kind of evidence whatsoever given. Just a bit of obvious pro-life unsubstantiated propaganda. With unique genetics the idea of uniqueness is of course correct, but there is no warrant for calling it an "individual" and thereby suggesting the individuals we indeed are were already there as individuals in "the beginning."

Then there is a discussion of how the fetus has unique genetics - this is evidence that the fetus is not actually a part of the person whose womb it is within. But whatever this different genetic material actually is (It is what it is!), it can only be a human being if it conforms to the requirements of being a human being. Since there is no such discussion, it leaves that question unanswered. IF one considers what real animals are, autonomous organisms, I think such serious consideration must find something like an embryo seriously wanting indeed. Certainly there is not such consideration here.

Then under " When Do Human Beings Begin? we find: "A zygote [fertilized egg] is the beginning of a new human being."
This is not at all argued for. And whoever may have much such a claim is irrelevant to the truth or falsity of it.

To accept the fact that after fertilization has taken place a new human has come into being is no longer a matter of taste or opinion. The human nature of the human being from conception to old age is not a metaphysical contention, it is plain experimental evidence.”
This does not make sense, because it does not tell us what the evidence actually is, and talks as though it is self evident, this "human nature of the human being." There is a bit of truth involved, in that the human being would have a human nature, IF there were a human being. There is "human" nature as I have already pointed out, whatever is there consists of human cells, but that truth in no wise proves it is a human being. For the claim to begin to make sense there must first be the subject of the the claim, there must be the human being, and that is precisely what is in contention, and not proven by merely including it in the subject of a sentence. And certainly no evidence is presented here, especially no experimental evidence. WHAT EXPERIMENT WAS PERFORMED? I bet there was none! Of course we are not told such critical details - we are told NOTHING, but it is made to appear we are being told something, that there IS evidence. And supposedly plain evidence, when none at all is even referred to.

So the only actual medial evidence you seem to have presented is how new genetics are part of what we are talking about, and I accept that, and will therefore not try to challenge such with medical evidence.
Beyond that what you present are unsubstantiated claims which require no evidence of any kind to refute.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Douglas, I think the real issue is that all of your requirements for what constitutes a human being are essentially made up by you.

You say things like flesh and blood, but then when it's pointed out that flesh and blood exist by week 11 those aren't used anymore in your argument. You mention seeing and hearing - yet my aunt was born blind, deaf, and mute - but she's still a human being.

For some reason that I can't figure out you've decided on your own to decide that birth is when a human being comes into existence. I don't know what this is based on. Certainly it's not based on known science and medical fact, nor is it based in Scripture.

You seem to have created birth as the moment when the fetus makes a mysterious change from a growing organism into a human being made in the image of God with a soul and innate moral worth. The problem is you've continually repeated this as if it's axiomatically true without providing any sort of actual foundation that is consistent and reasonable.

I also find it disconcerting that you can't seem to recognize the difference between a sperm which has no capacity in itself to become anything more than a 23 chromosomed organism and a newly formed unique human life consisting of 46 chromosomes and developing for the next 25+ years. I can't tell if you really are that uneducated or if you're just being difficult.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And certainly no evidence is presented here, especially no experimental evidence. WHAT EXPERIMENT WAS PERFORMED?

Sure. I've experimented many times. I have children to prove it.

Hope you do too!

Been done across the world billions and billions of time. I would say humankind knows this experiment quite well. So do the birds and bees.

We are approaching the bizarre with the idea conception forming a district human being needs experimentation.

I hope your holiday weekend goes well and with that the rest of your life. I will no longer converse with you as you refuse to admit the simplest of sciences.

God Bless.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you know of a place in the Bible that tells us God will judge some of us worthy of eternal punishment based upon our "nature" alone, please tell me.

I never said that we are based upon our nature alone, so I see no need to defend that. Nor did I ever claim that we are not judged by our deeds.

Before we go on, it would probably help me to understand what you believe about all of this a bit more. I understand that you do not believe what Calvin taught (that all babies who die are elect and God will save them because they are), but do you go as far as Servetus did in the other direction? IOW, do you believe that babies and unborn children cannot be saved because they cannot choose to "believe"? Or do you believe something else about them, that 'some' of them will be saved even though they cannot believe (and if the latter, what is the basis for God's choosing of the "some" for salvation)?

The Bible is mostly silent specifically on the fate of Babies as a general rule of faith. However, the Bible does teach that God has an elect to salvation that He chooses of His own autonomous free will. And that the Bible specifies no age on this. I reject that God's grace is initiated on the part of the Believer (regardless of age) in and of themselves. God is the one who regenerates, God is the one who grants repentance, God is the one who gives faith, God is the one who perseveres the saint. The one who God saves is the one He causes to believe. God also does not reveal to us who the elect are or the number of the elect. God is sovereign, not man.

I don't follow Calvin, Servetus or any other sinful man as the ultimate rule of faith. God's word of the Bible is the ultimate authority and rule of faith. I am still learning about Calvin and other Christians of the past. If indeed Calvin believed that "all babies who die are elect", I don't find that in scripture. Calvin was not right about every single thing he taught. He was a fallible man, just like all men are. I don't agree with Servetus either, as every indication is that he was declared a heretic, so any teaching of his is questionable at best.

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Sure. I've experimented many times. I have children to prove it.

Hope you do too!

Been done across the world billions and billions of time. I would say humankind knows this experiment quite well. So do the birds and bees.

We are approaching the bizarre with the idea conception forming a district human being needs experimentation.

I hope your holiday weekend goes well and with that the rest of your life. I will no longer converse with you as you refuse to admit the simplest of sciences.

God Bless.

Reading comprehension is sometimes rather difficult, and requires diligent effort rather than thinking anything one has thrown out there must be correct simply because one has presented it.
INDEED, "We are approaching the bizarre with the idea conception forming a district human being needs experimentation."
But then that is not my idea; my idea is it is very "NOT NICE" to impugn another by FALSELY suggesting some ridiculous thing is his/her idea.

The statement: "The human nature of the human being from conception to old age is not a metaphysical contention, it is plain experimental evidence, somebody else threw that at us, NOT ME. It is supposedly part of "science" that supposedly proves what it claims simply because it claims something ridiculous like that and was made by some French geneticist.

Oh BTW, conception only "forms" a new cell, an INVISIBLE cell, and not even any flesh; it is bizarre indeed to think there are FLESHLESS AND BONELESS AND BREATHLESS AND EVERYTHING ELSE WE KNOW ABOUT HUMAN BEINGS "LESS" single cells that nevertheless somehow are actual human beings. Gestation, an entire pregnancy, is what forms or constructs a new human being. IF merely the conception constituted such a formation, then pregnancy would be virtually entirely unnecessary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I never said that we are based upon our nature alone, so I see no need to defend that. Nor did I ever claim that we are not judged by our deeds.

The Bible is mostly silent specifically on the fate of Babies as a general rule of faith. However, the Bible does teach that God has an elect to salvation that He chooses of His own autonomous free will. And that the Bible specifies no age on this. I reject that God's grace is initiated on the part of the Believer (regardless of age) in and of themselves. God is the one who regenerates, God is the one who grants repentance, God is the one who gives faith, God is the one who perseveres the saint. The one who God saves is the one He causes to believe. God also does not reveal to us who the elect are or the number of the elect. God is sovereign, not man.

I don't follow Calvin, Servetus or any other sinful man as the ultimate rule of faith. God's word of the Bible is the ultimate authority and rule of faith. I am still learning about Calvin and other Christians of the past. If indeed Calvin believed that "all babies who die are elect", I don't find that in scripture. Calvin was not right about every single thing he taught. He was a fallible man, just like all men are. I don't agree with Servetus either, as every indication is that he was declared a heretic, so any teaching of his is questionable at best.

Hi Joe, I'm not trying to be argumentative, but the Bible, both directly and indirectly, tells us that the Lord's judgment and condemnation of certain sinners, both in this life (see the Genesis 18 reference below), as well the final judgement and condemnation of the reprobate, will be based upon their personal, sinful thoughts and deeds. If there is a single reference to judgement and condemnation on the basis of our fallen "nature", please point it out to me.

An infant or unborn child is personally innocent of wrongdoing. There is therefore no Biblical basis upon which they may be judged as it is "sinners", not the "innocent of wrongdoing", who will be judged by God .. i.e. Romans 2:12. Again, if there is a place where God chooses to "judge and condemn" (rather than "save") those who are innocent in thought/deed, again, please point it out to me. Thanks!

You believe that God is sovereign, as does Calvin, as do I. In fact, the Lord is very specific about His sovereignty concerning death, is He not .. Matthew 10:29? Calvin believes that the reach of His sovereignty extends even over those who die in infancy (or in the womb), but perhaps you believe otherwise, that God has no control over who lives and who dies as an infant :scratch:

Finally, I realize St. Augustine toyed with the idea of the condemnation of infants who die (though he recanted that position), and that the RCC has their dying doctrine of "Limbo", but beyond that, who today (church, denomination, or theologian) teaches that God will condemn those who die as infants to eternal punishment, to burn forever in agony in Hell for their fallen "nature"?

*(I'm not challenging you with that last question, I'm just interested to know if you are aware of any well-known theologian, or any church within the pale of orthodoxy, that teaches such a thing .. because I am presently unaware any that do).

Thanks!

Yours in Christ,
David

Genesis 18
24 “Suppose there are fifty righteous within the city; will You indeed sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous who are in it?
25 “Far be it from You to do such a thing, to slay the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous and the wicked are treated alike. Far be it from You! Shall not the Judge of all the earth deal justly?”

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An infant or unborn child is personally innocent of wrongdoing.

This is presuppositional assertion you present, but unless I have missed it, you have not demonstrated where this is shown true in the Bible.

Whereas, I see in the Bible that man has the guilt of sin from it's person creation in the womb. I find nothing assigns an age to this.

Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Psalms 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Ephesians 2:1-3 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins (2) in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— (3) among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

I don't see anywhere in scripture where an individual "nature" is separated out from their words, thoughts and deeds.

but beyond that, who today (church, denomination, or theologian) teaches that God will condemn those who die as infants to eternal punishment, to burn forever in agony in Hell for their fallen "nature"?

John 3:18-19 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. (19) And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.

Romans 1:18-19 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. (19) For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.

God does not condemn. Humans are already condemned by being born into sin. Unless I am misunderstanding you, you are simply promoting Pelagianism (denial of original sin), and that was defined as a heresy. Please correct me if I am misunderstanding you.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Joe, before I begin my reply, perhaps your answer to these two questions will help get us on the same page: Do you believe that there are ANY who die in infancy who will be saved, or do you believe that ALL will be lost?

And if some are saved as infants or unborn children, on what basis do you believe that God saves the "some"?

Thanks.

This is presuppositional assertion you present, but unless I have missed it, you have not demonstrated where this is shown true in the Bible.

Whereas, I see in the Bible that man has the guilt of sin from it's person creation in the womb. I find nothing assigns an age to this.

Psalms 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Ephesians 2:1-3 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins (2) in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— (3) among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

I don't see anywhere in scripture where an individual "nature" is separated out from their words, thoughts and deeds.

And I see no place where the innocent of 'personal' trespasses and sins are judged and condemned by God on the basis of their nature instead. Please show me where the Bible (or any theologian or church within orthodox Christianity) teaches that. Does your denomination (or even your pastor) teach that?

John 3:18-19 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. (19) And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
Babies cannot "believe". God condemns us on the basis of the knowledge and understanding we possess, and on the basis of what we choose to do with that knowledge. He does not judge us on the basis of knowledge that we do NOT possess, or on the basis of something we are incapable of doing. How could He possibly be considered just if He did?

Romans 1:18-19 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. (19) For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.

NOTHING is "plain" to an infant Joe. They do not have the capacity to reason, to understand right from wrong, to "suppress" (or even know or understand) the truth, to "believe", or to do anything else that God holds us responsible for doing (or not doing) when we have reached an age when our minds are capable of such things.

God does not condemn. Humans are already condemned by being born into sin. Unless I am misunderstanding you, you are simply promoting Pelagianism (denial of original sin), and that was defined as a heresy. Please correct me if I am misunderstanding you.

You are completely misunderstanding me!

As I said, please show me a single verse or passage where God tells us He will judge and condemn us on the basis of our "nature", or on the basis of something we HAVEN'T done or do not know (and in the case of babies and the unborn, a judgement on the basis of something they CANNOT know and/or do).

Thanks!

--David

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Douglas, I think the real issue is that all of your requirements for what constitutes a human being are essentially made up by you.

You say things like flesh and blood, but then when it's pointed out that flesh and blood exist by week 11 those aren't used anymore in your argument. You mention seeing and hearing - yet my aunt was born blind, deaf, and mute - but she's still a human being.

For some reason that I can't figure out you've decided on your own to decide that birth is when a human being comes into existence. I don't know what this is based on. Certainly it's not based on known science and medical fact, nor is it based in Scripture.

You seem to have created birth as the moment when the fetus makes a mysterious change from a growing organism into a human being made in the image of God with a soul and innate moral worth. The problem is you've continually repeated this as if it's axiomatically true without providing any sort of actual foundation that is consistent and reasonable.

I also find it disconcerting that you can't seem to recognize the difference between a sperm which has no capacity in itself to become anything more than a 23 chromosomed organism and a newly formed unique human life consisting of 46 chromosomes and developing for the next 25+ years. I can't tell if you really are that uneducated or if you're just being difficult.
Paragraph 1:
The things I point to are not made up, in the sense of being fictional. Not made up either by me or someone else. What I am pointing to are the differences after birth from pre-birth. Not one is something I've manufactured but all are realities of the actual person.

Paragraph 2: On the flesh and blood thing, I hope you understand that only applies to the first few cells after conception - there being no possibility of flesh and blood there, that is sufficient reason NEVER TO THINK THERE IS A HUMAN BEING "FROM THE MOMENT OF CONCEPTION." Probably because that is the case there was no further mention of something in the womb early on being a person, and we needn't belabor that point any more. We seem to have gotten into a discussion of what happens at the end of a usual long term pregnancy, because you kept insisting I tell you when there is a human being, and there is nothing like that early on.
It is one thing for your aunt to have diminished or not quite the usual capacity, and quite another to be totally lacking the reality of operating as an autonomous person. There is certainly no such animal being possessed by the entity sustained on the end of a very short "rope" in a very dark prison.
Paragraph 3:
It seems the first sentence can only mean there is a position that I agree with (surprise surprise that must surely mean I'm far different than everybody else), having made a decision "on my own," imagine that! Not somebody else making up my mind, only me, surely such neglect should not go unnoticed?
This question seems much like paragraph one - has pretty much the same answer, that WHAT MAKES A HUMAN BEING A HUMAN BEING ARE FEATURES OF A HUMAN BEING, NOTHING ELSE. Perhaps if you looked to see what the features of real members of an animal species are, you would come up with "your own" understanding of what a person is. BTW, whether my understanding is unique is IRRELEVANT; the truth of the matter is not what it is in science where the politically correct position counts, nor is it in any fashion dependent on how many or who believe it, who subscribe to the same position.

Paragraph 4:
Your conclusion here is FALSE. All the points I have made about the nature of a real person are consistent and reasonable.

Paragraph 5:
I certainly recognize the difference between a sperm and a zygote and have spoken about them. Your, "a newly formed unique human life" (that I guess I cannot recognize and am supposed to recognize?) would seem to be your fabrication, throwing together words that you think make sense and apply. "A life" implies an actual organism, a member of a species. NOT just a bit of protoplasm. Your formulation is the claim this "a life" is that of the zygote and beyond; to just repeat the "blood and guts" thing, it lacking those completely shows this cannot be the characterization of a human being (organism).
Hence what is ignorant is the "a new formed unique human life."
THERE IS HUMAN LIFE (and it has unique DNA), but if you want to argue about the zygote, that is certainly not a human being, so I would not refer to "a unique human life" in the womb, since there is none.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes those conscious of the Law. Those that can be tutored on the Law. Or those who are the law unto themselves.

Can an adult with Downs Syndrome be accountable to the Law? Depends on the severity of the condition.

Most Downs I've met are sweet, caring and loving. Parents of Downs children call them their "angels."

They have a mind of a child and such is the Kingdom of God.

Same with a baby pooping in their diapers. They do not know God's Holy standards. It is incumbent on us to teach them.

They must reach the same understanding which Adam and Eve had to make their decision.

Why so important we raise our children in the ways of the Lord.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe that there are ANY who die in infancy who will be saved

And if some are saved as infants or unborn children, on what basis do you believe that God saves the "some"?

Yes, those who die in infancy and are the elect of God will be saved.

Based solely on God's election of the individual to salvation and not something special in the individual, in and of themselves.

And I see no place where the innocent of 'personal' trespasses and sins are judged and condemned by God on the basis of their nature instead. Please show me where the Bible (or any theologian or church within orthodox Christianity) teaches that. Does your denomination (or even your pastor) teach that?

There is no such teaching in the Bible that the innocent are judged and condemned (and that is not my position), because no one is innocent. No one is good, no, not one. [Romans 3:10-12, Romans 3:23]

Babies cannot "believe".

So you appear to be denying the sovereignty of God, that He is the one who grants faith, that He is incapable of giving a baby faith.

God condemns us on the basis of the knowledge and understanding we possess, and on the basis of what we choose to do with that knowledge. He does not judge us on the basis of knowledge that we do NOT possess, or on the basis of something we are incapable of doing. How could He possibly be considered just if He did?

Again, you viewpoint appears to be Pelagian (denial of original sin, being born into sin) and the early church declared that a heresy.

NOTHING is "plain" to an infant Joe. They do not have the capacity to reason, to understand right from wrong, to "suppress" (or even know or understand) the truth, to "believe", or to do anything else that God holds us responsible for doing (or not doing) when we have reached an age when our minds are capable of such things.

Is that based on your feelings or truth? And if it is based in truth, please demonstrate where that is from.

As I said, please show me a single verse or passage where God tells us He will judge and condemn us on the basis of our "nature", or on the basis of something we HAVEN'T done or do not know (and in the case of babies and the unborn, a judgement on the basis of something they CANNOT know and/or do).

Luke 6:45 The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Actions are not separate from the nature of a person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
On the flesh and blood thing, I hope you understand that only applies to the first few cells after conception - there being no possibility of flesh and blood there, that is sufficient reason NEVER TO THINK THERE IS A HUMAN BEING "FROM THE MOMENT OF CONCEPTION."
It is only sufficient reason to think there is not a human at conception if your definition of a human being is that they must have flesh and blood. This is fallacious in that you're begging the question. You've assumed that in order be a human being you must have flesh and blood. You haven't established why this is the case.

The almost universal medical and scientific viewpoint is that a unique human life is formed at the moment of conception. All of your arguments are attempting to deny the humanity of the human life inside a womb based upon either location ("Prison of darkness" - give me a break on that language btw), or development. And I see no good reason why we should accept these arbitrary points that you're putting forth, They're based on nothing either medically or Scripturally, they're complete fabrications from your own mind.

A human begins developing from the moment it is conceived and does not stop until well after birth. The level of development cannot be the standard by which we determine its moral worth.

Do you not see what you're doing? We all agree that there is no flesh and blood combo before around 11 weeks. But to then conclude that because there is no flesh and blood that the growing embryo is not a human is based on what? Who says you have to have flesh and blood to be considered a human being?

I may regret this question, as I am very loathe to get into a theological discussion with you based on what I've previously read from you, but this might help clarify things for me a bit. Hopefully we can agree that part of being a human is that we are both physical and spiritual in nature. We have a soul. My question is simple - when do we receive our soul?

Finally, let's imagine that when my aunt was delivered that the doctor knew she was going to be blind, deaf, and mute. Let's say that when she was removed from the womb, but before he cleared her throat and was able to draw her first breath - he took his scalpel and drove it into her heart, killing her. Not taking into account what the secular law says about that - my question is purely from a Biblical understanding of murder - did that doctor just commit a form of murder?

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, those who die in infancy and are the elect of God will be saved.

Well, on this point we agree :)

I'm sure you believe that God is sovereign even over the lives of sparrows, that no sparrow falls to the ground and dies apart from His will, yes? (the Bible seems to indicate pretty clearly that such is the case .. Matthew 10:29)

The question then becomes, do you believe that He is sovereign over our lives as well, and that none of us, even infants and the unborn, die apart from His ordination and will?

Thanks!

Yours and His,
David
p.s. - you didn't answer me earlier concerning your denomination, church and pastor, do any of these believe that God will send an infant or an unborn child to burn in agony forever and ever as due punishment for their fallen nature? Thanks!

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The question then becomes, do you believe that He is sovereign over our lives as well, and that none of us, even infants and the unborn, die apart from His ordination and will?

I believe I have stated it in earlier comments, but, yes, God is sovereign over all things and decrees and ordains all things. Both the ends and the means.

you didn't answer me earlier concerning your denomination, church and pastor, do any of these believe that God will send an infant or an unborn child to burn in agony forever and ever as due punishment for their fallen nature?

This is not entirely relevant. I don't claim to be the representative of my Denomination or my Pastor, although I believe my views are consistent with the Bible, my chosen Denomination and my Pastor, but I will allow them to speak for themselves. I am part of the Body of Christ, as far as my church is concerned. Denomination holds very tertiary importance to me. Denomination does not define me. The Bible defines me, I follow Christ, by His grace. I currently happen to be a member of a Southern Baptist Convention affiliated denomination, but again, that is not a qualifying marker for me. I believe my Pastor would hold a similar view to mine, but I must allow him to speak for himself, I am not his representative. I believe my view is consistent with what the Bible teaches. Am I infallible in my understanding of the Bible? No, of course not, but I am sanctified by the grace of God alone.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I believe I have stated it in earlier comments, but, yes, God is sovereign over all things and decrees and ordains all things. Both the ends and the means.

Hi Joe, you may have told me, but I appreciate the clarification nevertheless :)

So we all, like the sparrows, die according to His will and ordination alone. IOW, He is sovereign over life and death and none can or will perish apart from His say-so. I'm sure you agree with this, as does Calvin, as do I, so we may be closer to being on the same page about all of this than you can imagine ;)

You said earlier that:
Those who die in infancy and are the elect of God will be saved.

I would like to point out that Calvin says 'nearly' the same thing (with a slight twist, of course), that those who die in infancy ARE elect, and that God will choose to save them for that reason.

Does Calvin believe that some (or perhaps most) infants are among the reprobate? Of course, but he also believes that God in His sovereignty will not allow any of these little ones to perish as infants or perish in the womb (His sovereignty extending over the life and death of all, the saint and the reprobate alike, even in infancy, yes?). Therefore, no infant or unborn child will need to stand before Him at the Great White Throne and be condemned based upon their nature alone (which is something that stands in direct opposition to the clear teaching of the Bible concerning the fate of the reprobate, as well the character of God who is just). Rather, as the Bible tells us over and over and over again, God will judge the reprobate on the basis of their knowledge and understanding of the Law (written on pages or simply on the heart), and on the basis of their deeds (that is, on the basis of the trespasses and sins that they are personally responsible for committing).

Since you mentioned the Southern Baptist Convention, Dr. Albert Mohler, who you may know of as the president of the SBC's principle seminary, can certainly do a better job of explaining all of this to you than I can. Here's a short article that he wrote for his broadcast ministry concerning this very subject.

Enjoy :)

Yours and His,
David

Last edited:
Upvote 0