Jan 28, 2002
✟2,923,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This is a serious question I've been struggling with, do aborted babies go to heaven?

Yes!

Babies are conceived with a fallen nature (Psalms 51:5) thanks to the disobedience of our progenitors, but God doesn't judge our "nature", He judges our thoughts and our actions based upon our personal knowledge and understanding of the Law (see Romans 2:12-16).

Babies have no personal knowledge or understanding of the Law, so they cannot be judged. Those who die at such an early age are always Heaven-bound as a result.

Yours in Christ,
David

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am not sure if unborn babies have souls. There seems to be a connection in scripture between our own spirit/soul and breath, and so it's entirely possible humans do not receive a spirit until their first breath.

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,923,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Matt, we know from what the Bible teaches us that unborn babies have souls. For instance, the Gospel of Luke says this about John the Baptist:

"He will be filled with the Holy Spirit
while yet in his mother’s womb"

Luke 1:15c
It seems to me that the only prayer we have for the genocide that's occurred because of abortion is this, "Father forgive us, because we KNOW what we are doing".

The singular connection that we have between spirit/soul/breath all entering the body at the same time is found in Adam, whose lifeless body wasn't formed within a womb.

Yours and His,
David

Upvote 0

HermanNeutics13

May 8, 2013
✟32,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Bible never says one way or the other. We do know we are all conceived in sin from Adam. Most arguments I have heard that say all aborted babies go to heaven are based on emotion rather than what is found in the Bible. I am not saying they all go to hell, I am saying the Bible doesn't tell us, so we can't say.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,923,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Herman, on what basis do you believe God could possibly judge babies or toddlers worthy of eternal punishment and damnation :scratch: If you'd like, check out my (hopefully) Biblical .. rather than emotional .. argument in post #2 above.

BTW, do we know each other? Your name seems familiar to me somehow ^_^

Yours and His,
David

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a serious question I've been struggling with, do aborted babies go to heaven?

Jesus told them ..if you were blind you would have no sin. You say you see..your sin remains. A baby? Born into sin yes.. but.never once heard the truth. Goes right to GOD. Yet what I do not understand is how this HURTS God..well the killing yes..but how HE wants them to be born and grow up here...yet that has a chance to lose them after they get older.. WOW..talk about love. He really really really loves us. So much to lose us.

It is sin like any other. So.. we run to Him.. confess and He wipes it away as if ..and it NEVER happen. They..the babies are there waiting for Mom.. awesome..

Upvote 0

HermanNeutics13

May 8, 2013
✟32,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi Herman, on what basis do you believe God could possibly judge babies or toddlers worthy of eternal punishment and damnation :scratch: If you'd like, check out my (hopefully) Biblical .. rather than emotional .. argument in post #2 above.

Yours and His,
David
I looked at your post and the referenced verses and don't see how those prove your point. Babies sure can sin. Anyone who can sin is under the judgement.
As for my name, it is not my real name, it is in reference to a method of Biblical interpretation.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Yours and His,
David
I agree with you... I think god sending babies to hell would be it for me..
But I remember in the bible saying David would be reunit ed with his so n..or something along those lines in the book of Kings or Samuel not sure.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,923,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I looked at your post and the referenced verses and don't see how those prove your point. Babies sure can sin. Anyone who can sin is under the judgement.
As for my name, it is not my real name, it is in reference to a method of Biblical interpretation.

Hi HN, I know "HermanNeutics13" is not your name, I just thought it was a creative user name and was complimenting it in my own inimitable manner ;)

As for babies sinning and, particularly, being judged by God, I absolutely disagree with you. God judges our thoughts and our actions based upon our personal knowledge and understanding of the Law (see Romans 2:12-16). Sin requires a personal understanding of the Law and they cannot understand it, obviously (not even the Law that God has written within their hearts). At such a young age, their minds are not developed enough to understand concepts like good and evil, so when they do something, their consciences neither defend them nor accuse them. God has no basis upon which to judge them.

--David

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,923,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you... I think god sending babies to hell would be it for me..But I remember in the bible saying David would be reunited with his son..or something along those lines in the book of Kings or Samuel not sure.

You're right, when King David and Bathsheba's firstborn died he said,

"...he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.” ~2 Sam 12:23

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Hi Matt, we know from what the Bible teaches us that unborn babies have souls. For instance, the Gospel of Luke says this about John the Baptist:

"He will be filled with the Holy Spirit
while yet in his mother’s womb"

Luke 1:15c
It seems to me that the only prayer we have for the genocide that's occurred because of abortion is this, "Father forgive us, because we KNOW what we are doing".

The singular connection that we have between spirit/soul/breath all entering the body at the same time is found in Adam, whose lifeless body wasn't formed within a womb.

Yours and His,
David
Hi David,
A little selective in translations we use here (I include myself); my favorite one says: "... he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb." The ek (from) here can include "in," but need not. And it seems in English "from" does not include anything prior to the end of the (time period) indicated. So not much of a proof for there being souls in the womb, especially considering that Adam (man!) only was (is) a living soul when given the breath of life. The breath being directly from God.

An interesting "we" you use in: "... we KNOW what we are doing." I doubt you are actually participating in abortion - I guess you take it you are somehow responsible because such occurs in the society in which "we" are a part. I guess you feel moral apprehension about abortion and not being able to halt the practice feel guilty about it? Do you also claim some responsibility for actual murders?

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi David,
A little selective in translations we use here (I include myself); my favorite one says: "... he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb." The ek (from) here can include "in," but need not. And it seems in English "from" does not include anything prior to the end of the (time period) indicated. So not much of a proof for there being souls in the womb, especially considering that Adam (man!) only was (is) a living soul when given the breath of life. The breath being directly from God.

An interesting "we" you use in: "... we KNOW what we are doing." I doubt you are actually participating in abortion - I guess you take it you are somehow responsible because such occurs in the society in which "we" are a part. I guess you feel moral apprehension about abortion and not being able to halt the practice feel guilty about it? Do you also claim some responsibility for actual murders?
It's quite clear that scripture says he had the Spirit since the time in his mother's womb. What about when John the Baptist "leaped" in his womb when he was beside Mary with Jesus in the womb? Luke 1:41

The baby was alive and sensed Jesus's presence even in the womb and couldn't contain his excitement. A servant even within the womb.

Reactions: Root of Jesse
Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
It's quite clear that scripture says he had the Spirit since the time in his mother's womb. What about when John the Baptist "leaped" in his womb when he was beside Mary with Jesus in the womb? Luke 1:41

The baby was alive and sensed Jesus's presence even in the womb and couldn't contain his excitement. A servant even within the womb.
"Since" means "since," NOT during.

There are no "hes" in a womb. Ever. What "the babe leaped" means is the usual quickening or movements of ALIVE - yes you are correct in that - fleshly parts responding to their environment, a phenomenon often experienced in late pregnancy. Nothing more, except that the "leaping" (so called) brought joy to Elizabeth, she it says was filled with the Holy Ghost.
I guess if "filled" means totally filled, then any filling in her womb might be considered to be likewise filled, but not in any way different than the way any other flesh of her body might have been filled.
It is referred to as a "babe" because after six months she was noticing it (including the "leaping" or "kicking" - certainly NOT like the poor man crippled from birth who actually lept when Jesus healed him), and MUCH ANTICIPATING, she had been barren all those years, seen as somewhat a curse in that society, so looking forward to actually having a baby she referred to what the angel promised would be a special son as a "babe" or "baby" when it had not yet been born.
All the bits about "sensed Jesus's presence and couldn't contain his excitement" are your construction, NOT BIBLICAL.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible never says one way or the other. We do know we are all conceived in sin from Adam. Most arguments I have heard that say all aborted babies go to heaven are based on emotion rather than what is found in the Bible. I am not saying they all go to hell, I am saying the Bible doesn't tell us, so we can't say.
Chist was also a human, but He did not sin.
Same goes for foetuses i.m.o.
Clean slate.
But when do they become a living soul?
Right after conception of the egg cell?
Or when they grow a brain?
Who knows?

Reactions: Root of Jesse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douglas Hendrickson

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
You're right, when King David and Bathsheba's firstborn died he said,

"...he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.” ~2 Sam 12:23

Not relevant to abortion.
Note it says first born - it was born (the firstborn) - I wonder if anyone called it "firstborn" in the womb, perhaps but it would have been inaccurate. In a sort of almost obvious way.
I know "church of the Firstborn" means of Christ, but does it also give hints about anything else?

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
"Since" means "since," NOT during.

There are no "hes" in a womb. Ever. What "the babe leaped" means is the usual quickening or movements of ALIVE - yes you are correct in that - fleshly parts responding to their environment, a phenomenon often experienced in late pregnancy. Nothing more, except that the "leaping" (so called) brought joy to Elizabeth, she it says was filled with the Holy Ghost.
I guess if "filled" means totally filled, then any filling in her womb might be considered to be likewise filled, but not in any way different than the way any other flesh of her body might have been filled.
It is referred to as a "babe" because after six months she was noticing it (including the "leaping" or "kicking" - certainly NOT like the poor man crippled from birth who actually lept when Jesus healed him), and MUCH ANTICIPATING, she had been barren all those years, seen as somewhat a curse in that society, so looking forward to actually having a baby she referred to what the angel promised would be a special son as a "babe" or "baby" when it had not yet been born.
All the bits about "sensed Jesus's presence and couldn't contain his excitement" are your construction, NOT BIBLICAL.
Lol, it most certainly is biblical. The verse was about the babe's excitement, not Elizabeth's butterflies. John as a baby later on went to speak after he had been born aswell, God loosed his lips and he praised God.

The verse is speaky about how dedicated and humble John was towards Jesus, that even in the womb he was a servant of Christ.

But I can see, because of your pro choice stance (?), that you aren't able to see that verse properly.

By the way, ask any mother at what point in her pregnancy did she consider her child to be alive, and she'll tell you the whole time. You think you know better than almost every pregnant woman whose ever been alive? Because almost all will tell you they loved and cared for their child and believed he/she was alive, if not from the very start, than atleast when it got bigger and was kicking and such.
Mother's know best. Pregnancy is a blessed time.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,923,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Not relevant to abortion.
Note it says first born - it was born (the firstborn) - I wonder if anyone called it "firstborn" in the womb, perhaps but it would have been inaccurate. In a sort of almost obvious way.
I know "church of the Firstborn" means of Christ, but does it also give hints about anything else?

Hi Douglas, what 2 Samuel 12:23 has to do with is human beings who are too young to "believe" and be saved, and what happens to them (whether inside or outside of the womb). That's why one of our members mentioned it in this thread.

--David

Upvote 0