Burleson
✟682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Separated
My name is Krystal and I am a Christian mom of three who is currently going through a divorce with my unbelieving narcissistic husband who abandoned and walked out on me. I was wanting to see if anyone else on here had some of these same struggles. I am finding it very difficult to let him go. I have been in counseling for four months now and have even been told by my pastor and his wife that I am free from him once the divorce is final but I am very upset that I cant make it work. I miss him most everyday even though he was extremely self centered and persecuted me for being a Christian sometimes, he said I threw my religion in his face. He has filed for divorce twice and left me four times in the last year but last year when he filed for divorce he came crawling back and said he had been saved at his sisters church because he needed a heart change and loved me so much he understood why I was going to church and that he needed to change, he even got baptized and went to church with me for 6 months but there was never any fruit that anyone could see. My whole family does not like him and says he is a horrible person but I just think God can change him but I guess he has to be willing to do that. I am so complexed about it just needed some thoughts from a Christian perspective on it. Has anyone ever gone through this type of situation?

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My name is Krystal and I am a Christian mom of three who is currently going through a divorce with my unbelieving narcissistic husband who abandoned and walked out on me. I was wanting to see if anyone else on here had some of these same struggles. I am finding it very difficult to let him go. I have been in counseling for four months now and have even been told by my pastor and his wife that I am free from him once the divorce is final but I am very upset that I cant make it work. I miss him most everyday even though he was extremely self centered and persecuted me for being a Christian sometimes, he said I threw my religion in his face. He has filed for divorce twice and left me four times in the last year but last year when he filed for divorce he came crawling back and said he had been saved at his sisters church because he needed a heart change and loved me so much he understood why I was going to church and that he needed to change, he even got baptized and went to church with me for 6 months but there was never any fruit that anyone could see. My whole family does not like him and says he is a horrible person but I just think God can change him but I guess he has to be willing to do that. I am so complexed about it just needed some thoughts from a Christian perspective on it. Has anyone ever gone through this type of situation?

Big kick in the butt for him and adios. End of story. The longer you drag this disaster, the worse it's going to get.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The best thing for family...

1. Prayer
2. Living the example before them

There comes a time, though, that, when they don't get it, the big kick in the butt and the adios are the only options.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Big kick in the butt for him and adios. End of story. The longer you drag this disaster, the worse it's going to get.

From the little we know here I think that I agree with the post above but, we here on this board truly do not know you or your husband and divorce is a very serious matter. Best take this up with your Pastor or a local Pastor.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

I have gone through it with a close friend of mine...she and her husband had a rocky marriage, he say he was saved but would cheat on her, make all kinds of promise and break them all.
She was married to him the first time for about 15 years, they have two children and my friend was also help raising his son from a previous marriage.

He up and left her and the children for someone he met online and was
living with this other woman.

My friend and her husband divorced and by then her ex and his girlfriend were expecting a baby.
Her ex continued living with the other woman for several years and then he
leaves her for a teenage girl, that relationship lasted a couple of months and after it ended an elder from a church talks to him and he "got right with the Lord" or that's how he let on.
Long story short, my friend and her ex talked one evening and he must of talked to her real smooth like because she and him sneaked off and got re-married!
I didn't know nothing about it and neither did her mom who was babysitting my friend and when her mom finds out, she calls and tells me all about it.
Late that evening they come back with all his stuff and moves it into her home (she'd gotten a place of her own) and all of them start going to church and acting like everything be milk and honey...this went on for quite sometime but I saw things that didn't look right but my friend just played it off and said everything was good in their marriage and I should mind my own business...so I let her alone.

The bad stuff kept happening, her husband goes out on his motorcycle and was gone all day and half the night...she keeps smiling and singing his praises about all the nice things he be doing for the children...more pretending on her part, because I didn't see that, he was staying out late and she and the children were home wondering and kept looking out the window whenever they heard the sound
of a motorcycle.
(Just so you know, we're neighbors.)

I got word of him seeing some other girl but I kept it to myself because my friend wasn't coming around me much because I wouldn't pretend things were good when they ain't. She kept telling people that her husband was such a good man
and it wasn't so...I let them talk and believe whatever they want.

One night her husband don't come home... he calls and say he's gotten a place with another woman and he'd come around later on in the week to get all his belongings. My friend shows up at my door all in tears and telling me about
what he said and confesses that she'd been trying to be positive and stuff.
When her husband shows up to get his stuff, I see them talking and things get loud.
My friend wants to do marriage counseling but he's not going along with that.
I hear them arguing and she tells him if he wants to divorce, he will have to get it
himself because she's not going too! So her husband seeks divorce and their
marriage ends again, this happened around six years ago now.

To me, their situation was like this:
a3d2febb85fb165078932d052fda471d.jpg

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Krystal, it is understandable that you would feel a loss after a serious investment in one, but this man seems to want a caretaker and servant more than a loving wife. He does not sound mature. I would say that if he files for divorce or otherwise leaves, you should let it go as he chooses and look to meet other people; and if you are a true saint of God, then put the Lord Jesus first in your heart and life and seek His leading daily. He will guide His faithful ones.

We need to see that though one gets some religion and religious ways, it does not mean they are a "born again" believer in Jesus Christ. He does not sound like a real "child of God" from what you say, but only a professor of religious beliefs, so you need to let him go his own way and wait upon God, I would say.

Upvote 0

Krystal Russell

Walking by Faith
Nov 9, 2017
Burleson
✟682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Separated
Krystal, it is understandable that you would feel a loss after a serious investment in one, but this man seems to want a caretaker and servant more than a loving wife. He does not sound mature. I would say that if he files for divorce or otherwise leaves, you should let it go as he chooses and look to meet other people; and if you are a true saint of God, then put the Lord Jesus first in your heart and life and seek His leading daily. He will guide His faithful ones.

We need to see that though one gets some religion and religious ways, it does not mean they are a "born again" believer in Jesus Christ. He does not sound like a real "child of God" from what you say, but only a professor of religious beliefs, so you need to let him go his own way and wait upon God, I would say.

Upvote 0

Krystal Russell

Walking by Faith
Nov 9, 2017
Burleson
✟682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Separated
Thank you so much for your advise and encouragement, as the Bible says in 1 Corinthians 7 I will let him walk away and not ask him to return as this cause strife and disaccord in the home which is sinful. I pray for him still and probably always will even though I may move into someone else. God has healed my heart and I am at peace but I wish I didn't still want him back or miss him so much some days but I guess that is all part of the healing process of looosing a spouse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithlessToFaithful

I am finally getting it
Sep 23, 2017
Houston
✟11,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Separated
Krystal,

I will offer you this. This is a lot of personal experience on my part, some victory, some places where I failed, other places where I am firm, and others where I am struggling and weak. You can filter it all out yourself, and you may very well understand some of it in your own life. This is more a "conversation" between you and I than "advice" or "Biblical teachings".

I still love my wife. The way the love manifests has transformed and adjusted to the situation(s) she has put me in over the last months. She is still my wife, although that is coming to an end quickly. My love has shifted from a "this is my wife, she is my queen, my angel, my everything" to something along the lines of "I pray that she find You, my Father, and that she not be required to hurt so much as I have to get where You are taking me." This is an honest prayer, also. Her feeling pain, getting slammed by life, or hitting a wall head on will NOT edify me or cause me any sort of jubilation or feeling I was "right". It will be a woman I love/loved getting hurt.

The process you are going through is going to create a lot of shifting sand in your emotional, spiritual, and mental walks. Some days are better than others, and you will make "mistakes". You will be one day angry, one day weepy, one day forgiving, and so forth. Just be ready for that stuff, and be ready to pray it all through. He will likely try to make you believe it is all your fault (assuming narcissistic, as you originally stated), and you will know it is not, but will still question yourself to some degree anyhow. Again, pray and pray and pray. Open yourself up to Him and the Holy Spirit. Pray to God, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit interchangeably and often. If you somehow "pray to the wrong one" for a specific need, understand that they sort the mail in Heaven. Just pray as the Spirit leads you in that.

The victory in all of this is His. Not yours. But, He will be glorified and His name vindicated. As you are His child, His glory and His vindication will include you in this. Let Him fight the battles, and you just be a soldier. Listen for His direction and just follow it.

God does not beat His children. You are not being punished. He is not angry at you. You may very well be in a place of learning, discipline, teaching, or correction. I don't know. But I know I was/am. I was not always the best husband or man. Not a terrible one, but I learned a LOT about my sins against God in all of this. Still am. It is making me a better servant for Him by knowing and growing. But separate the shortcomings and sins that God is exposing in your life from "fault".

Pray to become a good wife in this. For your husband now, as long as you are still his wife. The relationship has changed, obviously, and what being a "good wife" calls for now is different than it was last year or whatever. But pray for that. God will sort it out, direct, and show you what that means for today. It probably doesn't mean gingham dresses and aprons right now. Also, in the future, should you re-marry, the training you get NOW in being a Godly wife will easily and blessedly transfer over to the new marriage. In the same measure, learn what you need to do today and every day from now on to NOT get into the same situation again. A mistake was made on your part somewhere. Don't make it again. I pray the same for me, as a husband.

Immerse yourself in His word and teaching. Spend your free time listening to sermons, teachings, expositional teaching, and so on. Not losing your mind in music, but learning His word and His purpose for you. Youtube, apps, downloads, whatever. Just do it.

If he argues, comes at you aggressive, or whatever, just pray. Sometimes "Praise You Jesus" over and over in my head has saved me from fighting back.

I will pray for you on my walk today. Promise.

Upvote 0

Krystal Russell

Walking by Faith
Nov 9, 2017
Burleson
✟682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Separated
Krystal,

I will offer you this. This is a lot of personal experience on my part, some victory, some places where I failed, other places where I am firm, and others where I am struggling and weak. You can filter it all out yourself, and you may very well understand some of it in your own life. This is more a "conversation" between you and I than "advice" or "Biblical teachings".

I still love my wife. The way the love manifests has transformed and adjusted to the situation(s) she has put me in over the last months. She is still my wife, although that is coming to an end quickly. My love has shifted from a "this is my wife, she is my queen, my angel, my everything" to something along the lines of "I pray that she find You, my Father, and that she not be required to hurt so much as I have to get where You are taking me." This is an honest prayer, also. Her feeling pain, getting slammed by life, or hitting a wall head on will NOT edify me or cause me any sort of jubilation or feeling I was "right". It will be a woman I love/loved getting hurt.

The process you are going through is going to create a lot of shifting sand in your emotional, spiritual, and mental walks. Some days are better than others, and you will make "mistakes". You will be one day angry, one day weepy, one day forgiving, and so forth. Just be ready for that stuff, and be ready to pray it all through. He will likely try to make you believe it is all your fault (assuming narcissistic, as you originally stated), and you will know it is not, but will still question yourself to some degree anyhow. Again, pray and pray and pray. Open yourself up to Him and the Holy Spirit. Pray to God, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit interchangeably and often. If you somehow "pray to the wrong one" for a specific need, understand that they sort the mail in Heaven. Just pray as the Spirit leads you in that.

The victory in all of this is His. Not yours. But, He will be glorified and His name vindicated. As you are His child, His glory and His vindication will include you in this. Let Him fight the battles, and you just be a soldier. Listen for His direction and just follow it.

God does not beat His children. You are not being punished. He is not angry at you. You may very well be in a place of learning, discipline, teaching, or correction. I don't know. But I know I was/am. I was not always the best husband or man. Not a terrible one, but I learned a LOT about my sins against God in all of this. Still am. It is making me a better servant for Him by knowing and growing. But separate the shortcomings and sins that God is exposing in your life from "fault".

Pray to become a good wife in this. For your husband now, as long as you are still his wife. The relationship has changed, obviously, and what being a "good wife" calls for now is different than it was last year or whatever. But pray for that. God will sort it out, direct, and show you what that means for today. It probably doesn't mean gingham dresses and aprons right now. Also, in the future, should you re-marry, the training you get NOW in being a Godly wife will easily and blessedly transfer over to the new marriage. In the same measure, learn what you need to do today and every day from now on to NOT get into the same situation again. A mistake was made on your part somewhere. Don't make it again. I pray the same for me, as a husband.

Immerse yourself in His word and teaching. Spend your free time listening to sermons, teachings, expositional teaching, and so on. Not losing your mind in music, but learning His word and His purpose for you. Youtube, apps, downloads, whatever. Just do it.

If he argues, comes at you aggressive, or whatever, just pray. Sometimes "Praise You Jesus" over and over in my head has saved me from fighting back.

I will pray for you on my walk today. Promise.

Upvote 0

Krystal Russell

Walking by Faith
Nov 9, 2017
Burleson
✟682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Separated
Thank you so very much for your kind words and prayer and encouragement I did sin by marrying a nonbeliever and my dad advised against it. He is very bitter just this morning I had sent him an email wanting to give his niece so stuff for her baby shower cause I volunteer at the Harvest House for the needy and he told me to stop contacting him and his family or he would get a restraining order on me and in that moment I just said ok and prayed so deeply for him and his hatred he has within him.
I go to an expositional preaching church and I have emerged myself in the word I have it posted all around me everywhere I look there is post it notes of verses I have posted on mirrors in my car at my desk at work and I read each one as I get ready in the morning and on my way to work I go to the Lord in prayer. How can someone be so cruel to a person that loved them so much. He truely needs Jesus and I pray that for him every single day. I have learned and grown so much in my faith and walk with the Lord over this course of separation and will embrace my singleness to work on more of myself that God wants me to be for his glory.
This has pushed me so much closer to God in ways I never thought were possible so it was all for his purpose and his glory that this happened. I just want to please him and walk in the way he would want me to walk and be proud to call me his child.
God is good and has good plans even though I do not see that them now I will. I will continue to examine myself for what God wants me to change to look more like Jesus in my own life but I have had lots of time to work on throes things since my husband has been gone on 9/10 Inhave had every emotion possible but in the end God has and will prevail and be glorified in my actions. He gives peace beyond understanding and he really has done that for me but I do have lots of pain in my heart for my husband he has so much hatred inside thatvhebwill not deal with and no one can make him he knows not what sin he is harboring and how can you fault someone for something that they know nothing about. He has never opened the Bible except to read 1 John 1 2 and 3 and he was very confused and don't like reading it. He really tried and want to be saved and baptized but for all the wrong reasons of not wanting to go to hell, but he didn't want to be a follower of Christ.

Thanks again for your prayer and I will be praying for you and your wife as well.
God Bless you and your wife!

Upvote 0

Krystal Russell

Walking by Faith
Nov 9, 2017
Burleson
✟682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Separated
Also he did say I cheated on him with Jesus not another man but Jesus, who says that to someone? I have had submission issues and for a time period had placed the church in front of my marriage but Ibhad corrected that prior to him leaving and I was also going to marriage counseling for months by myself before he left. He didn't love my girls from my previous marriage either he said if it weren't for them we would get along together just fine. I still am in shock on ehybhe is doing his to me but I have to believe God has a better plan for me and my girls

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you so very much for your kind words and prayer and encouragement I did sin by marrying a nonbeliever and my dad advised against it. He is very bitter just this morning I had sent him an email wanting to give his niece so stuff for her baby shower cause I volunteer at the Harvest House for the needy and he told me to stop contacting him and his family or he would get a restraining order on me and in that moment I just said ok and prayed so deeply for him and his hatred he has within him.
I go to an expositional preaching church and I have emerged myself in the word I have it posted all around me everywhere I look there is post it notes of verses I have posted on mirrors in my car at my desk at work and I read each one as I get ready in the morning and on my way to work I go to the Lord in prayer. How can someone be so cruel to a person that loved them so much. He truely needs Jesus and I pray that for him every single day. I have learned and grown so much in my faith and walk with the Lord over this course of separation and will embrace my singleness to work on more of myself that God wants me to be for his glory.
This has pushed me so much closer to God in ways I never thought were possible so it was all for his purpose and his glory that this happened. I just want to please him and walk in the way he would want me to walk and be proud to call me his child.
God is good and has good plans even though I do not see that them now I will. I will continue to examine myself for what God wants me to change to look more like Jesus in my own life but I have had lots of time to work on throes things since my husband has been gone on 9/10 Inhave had every emotion possible but in the end God has and will prevail and be glorified in my actions. He gives peace beyond understanding and he really has done that for me but I do have lots of pain in my heart for my husband he has so much hatred inside thatvhebwill not deal with and no one can make him he knows not what sin he is harboring and how can you fault someone for something that they know nothing about. He has never opened the Bible except to read 1 John 1 2 and 3 and he was very confused and don't like reading it. He really tried and want to be saved and baptized but for all the wrong reasons of not wanting to go to hell, but he didn't want to be a follower of Christ.

Thanks again for your prayer and I will be praying for you and your wife as well.
God Bless you and your wife!

Well, dear one, you have learned a lesson the hard way (when your father tried to tell you), but now you know that and are trying to go on well. Be careful and prayerful! Always seek earnestly God's mind in all things through His immutable Word, rather than trust your feelings.

Let me also just share that Scripture teaches as in 1 Corinthians 7 and in other places that if a true Christian leaves the marriage relationship, neither one can rightfully re-marry until the other one might die or commits fornication/adultery (as also in re-marrying). This is done to allow for a possible re-union by repentance and honest restoration before God and witnesses, etc. If your husband acts such, then you are free to re-marry. It might be hard to wait, but God will help you as you wait. Marriage is a serious relationship in the mind of God. Look up always, friend!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FaithlessToFaithful

I am finally getting it
Sep 23, 2017
Houston
✟11,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Separated
Let me also just share that Scripture teaches as in 1 Corinthians 7 and in other places that if a true Christian leaves the marriage relationship, neither one can rightfully re-marry until the other one might die or commits fornication/adultery (as also in re-marrying). This is done to allow for a possible re-union by repentance and honest restoration before God and witnesses, etc.

Not really.

Her situation involves repeated abandonment, blasphemy, and an apparent unbeliever wanting to move on. She is not sinning. She is actually staying well inside His will by not making the marriage an idol.

Don't attempt to shame her. She is on the right path.

Upvote 0

FaithlessToFaithful

I am finally getting it
Sep 23, 2017
Houston
✟11,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Separated
You do realize that the Corinthians were being taught monogamous marriage by Paul, don't you?

That church was beset by sexual sin, due to the pagan sex culture that was in Corinth. Temple Prostitution and so forth. The Corinthian Church was initially accepting incest, fornication, and forced celibacy in marriage by one partner. All sins.

Upvote 0

Krystal Russell

Walking by Faith
Nov 9, 2017
Burleson
✟682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Separated
Ha
Well, dear one, you have learned a lesson the hard way (when your father tried to tell you), but now you know that and are trying to go on well. Be careful and prayerful! Always seek earnestly God's mind in all things through His immutable Word, rather than trust your feelings.

Let me also just share that Scripture teaches as in 1 Corinthians 7 and in other places that if a true Christian leaves the marriage relationship, neither one can rightfully re-marry until the other one might die or commits fornication/adultery (as also in re-marrying). This is done to allow for a possible re-union by repentance and honest restoration before God and witnesses, etc. If your husband acts such, then you are free to re-marry. It might be hard to wait, but God will help you as you wait. Marriage is a serious relationship in the mind of God. Look up always, friend!

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not really.

Her situation involves repeated abandonment, blasphemy, and an apparent unbeliever wanting to move on. She is not sinning. She is actually staying well inside His will by not making the marriage an idol.

Don't attempt to shame her. She is on the right path.

I was not shaming her ---I sympathized with her. You are misreading my post. She got into a bad relationship by rushing into it, as she admits, and I just cautioned her about the future and looking to God and His Word. I would not want her to compound the problem by ignoring the Word of God about re-marriage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0