discovery of aliens...how would this impact religion ?

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
hello everyone. well i'm working thru my issues on activities I have come up with.

this issue come up today......and is perplexing. if there was a discovery of aliens visting
man kind, many years ago.........or just recently.......how would that impact religion ?

thank you

It would confirm that NASA's budget is working well to continue to fool the world into thinking the Earth is not as it is described in the bible.

HebrewConceptEarth.jpg

Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That question was asked to a priest in the Vatican and his answer was that it wouldn't affect it much, it would only be an addition to other beliefs besides religion. Personnaly I think it would affect the weak in faith, but the ones with a close relationship to the Lord would still believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that His word is 100 % true.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟572,130.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course it would impact the church but there is certainly no reason to think God created life here exclusively. Now the question of whether or not they can get here from there is another matter entirely.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,973.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
hello everyone. well i'm working thru my issues on activities I have come up with.

this issue come up today......and is perplexing. if there was a discovery of aliens visting
man kind, many years ago.........or just recently.......how would that impact religion ?

thank you

I've been believing for some time now that the whole "Earth" or the "Tree of Knowledge" is the Milky Way galaxy.

The Book of Enoch have compelling evidence that the prophet Enoch was indeed flown around the galaxy by an Angel. He accurately described features that were only discovered recently by modern astronomy.

He mentioned our galaxy as both "Earth" and "Tree of Knowledge". Indeed, our galaxy does look like a giant tree. Other ancient cultures might have also referred to our galaxy as the "World Tree" especially by the Nordic culture.

"Earth" does not refer to this planet only but likely to our entire galaxy which accommodates innumerable stars and planets.

"Ends of the Earth" or the "Four corners of the Earth" doesn't exist in a spherical Earth but our Galaxy does have "ends" and it has four major arms. This implicates intelligent beings beyond our planet around our galaxy and they too needs to be discipled "Preach the Gospel to the ends of the Earth". Yea, at some point, we need to leave our planet to spread the Gospel to other planets.

Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I've been believing for some time now that the whole "Earth" or the "Tree of Knowledge" is the Milky Way galaxy.

The Book of Enoch have compelling evidence that the prophet Enoch was indeed flown around the galaxy by an Angel. He accurately described features that were only discovered recently by modern astronomy.

He mentioned our galaxy as both "Earth" and "Tree of Knowledge". Indeed, our galaxy does look like a giant tree. Other ancient cultures might have also referred to our galaxy as the "World Tree" especially by the Nordic culture.

"Earth" does not refer to this planet only but likely to our entire galaxy which accommodates innumerable stars and planets.

"Ends of the Earth" or the "Four corners of the Earth" doesn't exist in a spherical Earth but our Galaxy does have "ends" and it has four major arms. This implicates intelligent beings beyond our planet around our galaxy and they too needs to be discipled "Preach the Gospel to the ends of the Earth". Yea, at some point, we need to leave our planet to spread the Gospel to other planets.

CHAPTER XVIII

pillars of the heaven⌉⌉. 4. I saw the winds of heaven which turn and bring the circumference of the sun and all the stars to their setting. 5. I saw the winds on the earth carrying the clouds: I saw ⌈⌈the paths of the angels. I saw⌉⌉ at the end of the earth the firmament of the heaven above

It appears he saw the firmament (dome) at the end of the earth.

Like Truman show.

9842322_orig.jpg

Upvote 0

Questore

MJ
Site Supporter
Nov 11, 2013
So Cal Mountains
Visit site
✟42,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It is very likely to happen, as it would enable the so called real 'Jesus Christ' to return in power, and convince everyone who hasn't read their Bible to follow him.

Any Aliens that exist outside our planet are either Bright or Fallen Angels...or what you might call Powers and principalities, but they have been working on the planet since Adam and Eve, so it should not be a surprise that they would show up visibly...it has happened before.

The End of Days is supposed to be like the Time before the Flood, which had Fallen Angels 'helping' mankind with technology...so we are right back to where we started.

Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It isn't good to assume things, keeping our eyes on the word of God is what sustains our spirit.
There are reasons why the book of Enoch wasn't included in the Bible, one of those reasons because there are things a human mind cannot comprehend, another because some of the writings are in conflict with Biblical scriptures. There is no need to know beyond the scriptures, and important reasons also.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It isn't good to assume things, keeping our eyes on the word of God is what sustains our spirit.
There are reasons why the book of Enoch wasn't included in the Bible, one of those reasons because there are things a human mind cannot comprehend, another because some of the writings are in conflict with Biblical scriptures. There is no need to know beyond the scriptures, and important reasons also.

Was it (book of enoch) available to the first generation Christians?

Jude 14-15

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even if it was available to the first generation Christians, the main reason why I personnaly believe it wasn't included as Biblical canon is because it's too much to absorb as a baby in Christ when one finds God. It makes the mind wonder too much into the unknown.

Upvote 0

Questore

MJ
Site Supporter
Nov 11, 2013
So Cal Mountains
Visit site
✟42,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Since Moses, the Prophets, and the Apostles referenced Enoch and the Book of Jasher, while the Eastern Church did not obey Rome when they sought to throw out anything that conflicted with their Greco-Roman philosophies, and has these books to this day, the information is as valid as any given to us in accepted Western Bibles.

As with anything, look in the Scriptures to see if what is spoken, written or found elsewhere is true, or of value; and seek the guidance of the Ruach haKodesh even as you pray to Abba for wisdom and understanding, but do not hide from information out of fear of where truth may lead you.

Reactions: I'm_Sorry
Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I strongly suggest you discover Michael Heiser if you haven't already. He's a guru at ancient language, he's brilliant. You should get this book...

https://www.amazon.com/Unseen-Realm...d=1501921937&sr=8-1&keywords=the+unseen+realm

His follow up book after this gets into Enoch more. His take is that Enoch does not belong as a Canonical book but that the authors of the Bible knew it well, and that understanding Enoch helps you to better get inside of the minds of the way the Biblical writers understood reality.

I haven't seen many books on Amazon with 545 reviews and a 5 star average. Even people who disagree with his conclusions give him good ratings out of appreciation that he really did his homework and knows his stuff, and makes good arguments based on scripture (along with neighboring ancient near east information as well). He's fascinating.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Well, it is hard to say. More than likely it would cause a drop in faithfulness to some of the tenets of Conservative Christianity, Orthodox Judaism and Fundamentalist Islam. However, it actually could increase the percentage of persons who believe in a Supreme Being.

Upvote 0