small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
At the time of the Noah flood story, @ 4300 YBP, the woolly mammoth still survived on Wrangle Island in the Arctic Ocean north of Siberia. Being on an island with limited resources, they had evolved to be smaller --- about the size of a rhino.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What's more, if dinosaurs existed, why weren't they on Noah's Ark? God told Noah to being two of EVERY kind, which presumably included dinosaurs (had they existed). And I see no reason for Noah to kill any animal during the flood too.
Maybe there were baby dinosaurs on the ark, which subsequently went extinct. Or maybe the dinosaurs were microevolutions of like kinds prior to the flood, which never radiated back into their pre flood forms. Some believe that house cats and tigers are the same Kind and sprung from a common ancestor. Even within the creationist model there is probably a better explanation than Satan fabricated the bones.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Radiocarbon dating is only good to about 50,000 years ago so it would be useless in dating the dinosaurs. However there are quite a number of other methods that would be suitable.

Here is a list of them:

*Uranium to Lead --- minerals --- 1M to 4.5B years

*Rubidium to Strontium --- minerals --- 60M to 4.5B years

*Potassium to Argon --- minerals --- 10K to 3B years

*Uranium Series Disequibrium --- minerals, shell, bone, teeth, coral --- 0 to 0.4M years

*Carbon 14 --- minerals, shell, wood, bone, teeth --- 0 to 40K years

*Fission Track --- minerals, natural glass --- 0.5M to 1B years

*Thermoluminsecence --- minerals, natural glass --- 0 to 0.5M years

*Electron Spin Resonance --- minerals, teeth, shell, coral --- 1K to 1M years

*Geomagnetic Polarity --- minerals --- 0.8M to 200M years

*Amino Acid Racemization --- shells, other biocarbonates --- 500 to 0.3M years

*Obsidian Hydration --- natural glass --- 500 to 0.2M years

*Dendrochronology --- tree rings --- 0 to 12K years

*Lichenometry --- lichens --- 100 to 9K years

These and other dating technologies are remarkably consistent with each other. Each of course has its own limitations and like any scientific measurement or calculation each has a range of possible error which is carefully calculated.
In the business of Analytical instruments, we need to calibrate the unit. This needs to be done regularly.
This is done by using a substance or sample of known and standardized value or reading. This is an accredited substance or standard that is recognized as a datum for which you can calibrate your instrument.

So.... just what accredited standard substance of known age are they using to calibrate these instruments that are supposedly used to tell us how old something is?

Also, with all instruments, they need to be calibrated in a certain range. Running tests on samples will yield a result of varying accuracy as its actual value moves further from the standard. The farther from the standard value.. the less accurate the resulted test result.

So, unless you have a rock that is of accredited and know age, for use as a standard for calibration purposes... you can calibrate nothing and your results are totally void of accuracy and relevance.

They, then, become nothing more than a speculative number that makes someone in a white lab coat happy and supports an assumption. Nothing more.

Reactions: Kate30
Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Creation Museum features a LOT of dinosaurs...unfortunately. Why? Why are they succumbing to evolutionist mythology just to gain attention from kids? A real creationist knows that dinosaurs never existed.

Look, I understand dinosaurs have been a big part of pop culture, but really...it's just a big fat lie fabricated by Satan. Mm-hmm. Satan knew what looked ''cool'' and ''sharp'' to we vulnerable sinful human beings--especially evolutionists!

Due to our sinful nature, it's just natural for us to look at a dinosaur--with claws and teeth and scales--and exclaim ''cool!'' without ever being skeptical. The mass simply wish that dinosaurs existed, and have been refusing to admit that dinosaurs never existed.

But hereby I cry out loud: let go, folks! Don't be sheep!

If you've read any of those evolutionist propaganda, you'd know that dinosaurs existed ''millions of years ago''. Well, if you've read Genesis you'd know that the world is only around 6000 years old. That's like saying ''the Empire State Building is millions of miles away from San Francisco, in the middle of Manhattan''.

And even if we concede about the age issue, million-year-old fossils should still be impossible to find. The Earth is geologically active and layers build upon layers over time. After millions of years, the dinosaur fossils should've had been buried so deep that they'd hit the core of the Earth (assuming it's a globe)!

What's more, if dinosaurs existed, why weren't they on Noah's Ark? God told Noah to being two of EVERY kind, which presumably included dinosaurs (had they existed). And I see no reason for Noah to kill any animal during the flood too.

I know everyone loves dinosaurs, and it's emotionally difficult to let go of them. But...don't you know how much evolutionists love to mention the dinosaurs? They talk about them as if dinosaurs prove evolution! If we ever want to win, dinosaurs are the first issue we should tackle!

Dinosaurs have been a symbol of evil and blasphemy. Satan made an uncanny move that fooled us for centuries. Once you realize that dinosaurs never existed, you'll more understand how God and the world works.
What the heck, did you just say dinosaurs never existed???

This is right up there with the Christians that won't buy a dirt devil vacuum cause it has the word "devil" in it, satan isn't going to get you though vacuums, and he's not coming for you through dinosaurs man.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
All flesh was corrupted by sin.

Noah was "RIGHTEOUS" in his generation, not "pure." that was how the ancient rabbis took Tameem to mean.
Tameem in Strongs is this:

1. complete, whole, entire, sound
    1. complete, whole, entire
    2. whole, sound, healthful
    3. complete, entire (of time)
    4. sound, wholesome, unimpaired, innocent, having integrity
    5. what is complete or entirely in accord with truth and fact (neuter adj/subst)
the ancient rabbis took it to mean he was morally good; but took "in his generation" to mean that he was good ONLY in relation to his contemporaries.

Based on what?

Pure speculation. Which we DON'T need.
I got the same results in my research: 'Perfect In His Generations'

The crux of the matter, however, is the word perfect. In the Hebrew text, this is tamiym (Strong's#8549), and its basic meaning is "complete" or "entire." It does not mean "perfect" as we think of it today, as "without fault, flaw, or defect." Other English words that translate tamiym better than "perfect" are "whole," "full," "finished," "well-rounded," "balanced," "sound," "healthful," "sincere," "innocent," or "wholehearted." In the main, however, modern translators have rendered it as "blameless" in Genesis 6:9.

From what I see here, it is totally possible that there was genetic manipulation taking place and Noah was complete, and entirely human.

My view is not changed.

You can believe as you wish as well.

Upvote 0

Resha Caner

Expert Fool
Sep 16, 2010
✟155,600.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Look, I understand dinosaurs have been a big part of pop culture, but really...it's just a big fat lie fabricated by Satan. Mm-hmm. Satan knew what looked ''cool'' and ''sharp'' to we vulnerable sinful human beings--especially evolutionists!

Thank you for this thread. I love your sly sense of humour.

If it looks like a troll, sounds like a troll, and smells like a troll ...

Whaddya think? A kid on winter break?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi hiwaystar,

You posted in your OP:
A real creationist knows that dinosaurs never existed.

I would agree with you that we tend to imagine things as likely a lot different than they really were. The devil is not some 'devilish' looking caricature in a red suit with a pitchfork in his hand. However, that's how modern man wants us to see him and has certainly become the most popular picture of him out there in the world. Angels, on the other hand, aren't little white robed beings flitting about above our heads playing little harps, either.

The word 'dinosaur' was only coined a few hundred years ago to describe some of the ancient creatures of the creation that have apparently either died out or changed their modern day appearance to us. We don't really know. But there were some creatures that God made at the early creation of this realm that don't seem to exist in the world around us today. Some of these early creatures have been called dinosaurs.

There are a couple of schools of thought regarding those early creatures and what happened to them. One suggests that as God shortened the life of man, He also shortened the life of the animal world. It is believed that reptiles never stop growing in their lifetime and so a reptile that lived for hundreds of years might get pretty big and its bone structure similarly larger. Are we finding the remnants of the same little lizards we see scurrying around us today, but with a much, much greater age? Maybe.

Another is that they just died out at the flood and for whatever reason, God chose not to bring any to the ark to be saved from the catastrophic flood. That's also a possibility. Another is that they did survive the flood, after all Job does write about a creature that would seem to be described as looking like a creature similar to some of our depictions of the dinosaur creatures, but they didn't survive some loss or change of their habitat.

Finally, I tend to agree with you that a lot of the dinosaur creatures that are shown to us in the many, many books about them, didn't exist at all. It is my understanding that most of our 'dinosaur' finds are merely a few skeletal fragments. Say, a skull or forearm or part of a rib cage, and that the finished product that we see in the books is generally some artist's rendering of what we expect the creature may have looked like. We don't have any skin or hair, or anything to show us what the outer carcass would have looked like that would have held the bones in a living creature.

That's my understanding of the subject, but I do wholeheartedly agree with you that whatever the life and times of dinosaurs was, it happened within the past few thousand years or so. According to the Scriptures, somewhere less than 6,000 years ago.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Reactions: Kate30
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it looks like a troll, sounds like a troll, and smells like a troll ...

Whaddya think? A kid on winter break?
No, I have all those characteristics but I'm half decent.

Honestly, there's just this weird segment of Christendom out there, I've certainly met the no dinosaurs people before, he's legit. I find the end times Christians similar.

• Informative
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Creation Museum features a LOT of dinosaurs...unfortunately. Why? Why are they succumbing to evolutionist mythology just to gain attention from kids? A real creationist knows that dinosaurs never existed.

Due to our sinful nature, it's just natural for us to look at a dinosaur--with claws and teeth and scales--and exclaim ''cool!'' without ever being skeptical. The mass simply wish that dinosaurs existed, and have been refusing to admit that dinosaurs never existed.

If you've read any of those evolutionist propaganda, you'd know that dinosaurs existed ''millions of years ago''. Well, if you've read Genesis you'd know that the world is only around 6000 years old. That's like saying ''the Empire State Building is millions of miles away from San Francisco, in the middle of Manhattan''.

And even if we concede about the age issue, million-year-old fossils should still be impossible to find. The Earth is geologically active and layers build upon layers over time. After millions of years, the dinosaur fossils should've had been buried so deep that they'd hit the core of the Earth (assuming it's a globe)!

I know everyone loves dinosaurs, and it's emotionally difficult to let go of them. But...don't you know how much evolutionists love to mention the dinosaurs? They talk about them as if dinosaurs prove evolution! If we ever want to win, dinosaurs are the first issue we should tackle!

Dinosaurs have been a symbol of evil and blasphemy. Satan made an uncanny move that fooled us for centuries. Once you realize that dinosaurs never existed, you'll more understand how God and the world works.
You are a serious Wack-a-doodle aren't you. Dinosaurs, neither prove or disprove evolution. It simply means that big lizards existed. the scripture is full of reference to Dinosaus, Behomout, Levathain,& Dragons, which is what dinosaus were called before the term dinosaur was invented

• Winner
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian

After it's own kind, doesn't mean every species.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,941.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I said, Satan fabricated them.

Even if Satan could create, he wouldn't waste time fabricating skeletons too try to fool people.
He uses other methods like:
- a literal interpretation of Scripture
- academic arguments where Christians get very cross about things that don't matter and start insulting each other (causing division in the Body of Christ).
- suggestions to people that only their interpretation of Scripture is the correct one.
- Denominational pride
- an unwillingness to accept that anyone else can have the truth.
And that's only in the church! Among unbelievers, he uses all kinds of worldly distractions, passions, feelings and so on to try to prevent them from hearing the Gospel.

He likes keeping people focused on such things, because then they won't think/read about the cross, God's love, Satan's defeat and the Great Commission.

Upvote 0

SaintCody777

The young, curious Berean
Jan 11, 2018
Miami, Florida
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
YECs like the Creationist Museum, believe that dinosaurs did exsist. But they believed that dinosaurs.became extinct because of the Flood. Their theory is after the flood, the remaining dinosaurs that survived on the Ark eventually died out because there was a lack of sufficient food for other necessities for the dinosaurs. But this falls flat because if there was food for Noah, his family, and all the other paired animals right after the flood, then wouldn't the dinosaurs who went on the ark also had enough food for themselves as well?
Genesis 1:21 says that God created humongous sea creatures. Though I am studying for Marine Biology myself, I know that blue whales are the largest known marine animals and of all animals alive today. But, it is really possible that these creatures are the kind of creatures God also created in Genesis 1:21. Isaiah 51:9 also points out that Rahab, or humongous sea monsters like these below, we're pierced:
http://listverse.com/2013/01/12/10-terrifying-prehistoric-sea-monsters/
jurassic-park-sea-monster.jpg

Furthermore, when the Earth was first created, it was without void. (Genesis 1:2) That was after Satan was kicked out of heaven. Since that void has lasted for billions of years, dinosaurs did exist millions of years ago in this Earth. During the void when Satan was on the Earth, there was chaos in creation for billions of years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But this falls flat because if there was food for Noah, his family, and all the other paired animals right after the flood, then wouldn't the dinosaurs who went on the ark also had enough food for themselves as well?

I understand your logic. However, the atmospheric conditions were different before the flood. Proven by air trapped in amber.
After the flood the O2 content was lower and the barometric pressure was also lower. The lungs of many of the giant land dwelling beasts were no longer sufficient to supply adequate O2 levels.

Also, the plant life was significantly less and, although food for humans was plentiful... food for behemoth was too scant and of too low of nutrient value.

So the theory goes...

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I understand your logic. However, the atmospheric conditions were different before the flood. Proven by air trapped in amber.
After the flood the O2 content was lower and the barometric pressure was also lower. The lungs of many of the giant land dwelling beasts were no longer sufficient to supply adequate O2 levels.

Also, the plant life was significantly less and, although food for humans was plentiful... food for behemoth was too scant and of too low of nutrient value.

So the theory goes...
someone who know what he is talking about, nice!!!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
different atmospheric conditions lead to different results. Plants grow bigger and faster with more O2, Animals grow bigger, Lizards adapt to there environment, less O2 leads to smaller lizards, more 02 leads to bigger lizards.

• Agree
Upvote 0