Montreal, Quebec
✟250,978.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But no creature today resembles a dinosaur! So it's logical to assume that they never existed.
Ye cannot be serious. How can you possibly believe this “logic”?

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
The Creation Museum features a LOT of dinosaurs...unfortunately. Why? Why are they succumbing to evolutionist mythology just to gain attention from kids? A real creationist knows that dinosaurs never existed.

Look, I understand dinosaurs have been a big part of pop culture, but really...it's just a big fat lie fabricated by Satan. Mm-hmm. Satan knew what looked ''cool'' and ''sharp'' to we vulnerable sinful human beings--especially evolutionists!

Due to our sinful nature, it's just natural for us to look at a dinosaur--with claws and teeth and scales--and exclaim ''cool!'' without ever being skeptical. The mass simply wish that dinosaurs existed, and have been refusing to admit that dinosaurs never existed.

But hereby I cry out loud: let go, folks! Don't be sheep!

If you've read any of those evolutionist propaganda, you'd know that dinosaurs existed ''millions of years ago''. Well, if you've read Genesis you'd know that the world is only around 6000 years old. That's like saying ''the Empire State Building is millions of miles away from San Francisco, in the middle of Manhattan''.

And even if we concede about the age issue, million-year-old fossils should still be impossible to find. The Earth is geologically active and layers build upon layers over time. After millions of years, the dinosaur fossils should've had been buried so deep that they'd hit the core of the Earth (assuming it's a globe)!

What's more, if dinosaurs existed, why weren't they on Noah's Ark? God told Noah to being two of EVERY kind, which presumably included dinosaurs (had they existed). And I see no reason for Noah to kill any animal during the flood too.

I know everyone loves dinosaurs, and it's emotionally difficult to let go of them. But...don't you know how much evolutionists love to mention the dinosaurs? They talk about them as if dinosaurs prove evolution! If we ever want to win, dinosaurs are the first issue we should tackle!

Dinosaurs have been a symbol of evil and blasphemy. Satan made an uncanny move that fooled us for centuries. Once you realize that dinosaurs never existed, you'll more understand how God and the world works.
So what's the deal with dinosaur fossils?

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
They were engineered by Satan and the Cookie Monster. :wave:

Thanks, I needed the laugh today!

Now, I am going to go play a game that's funnily enough called Ark, where I have to survive on a map with different dinosaurs and some I even get to tame!

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They probably WERE on the Ark, but went extinct after the Flood.

On the other hand, there have been NO intact dinosaur bodies to be found, so it's logical to assume that they never existed.

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Sometimes people have heard that if the Earth is older than 6,000 something years, that would prove Genesis chapter 1 false.

That's entirely untrue.

The actual 6,000 something years is the estimate of the time from after Adam left the Garden of Eden until now, as mathetmatically estimated (using the reasonable assumption that there are no missing generations in the genealogies given).

But we are not told in the Bible how much time passed during verse 1 before verse 2. Look and see above. God created all the Universe and the Earth, and then after this has happened, the Spirit is hovering over the waters of Earth....

How much time passed during verse 1 before verse 2? We are not told this anywhere in the scripture, and I think the reason why is it doesn't matter much the precise amount of years and instead God wants us to have faith. Faith means to believe without proof.

If God had said in scripture something like "And the Earth was over 4 thousand thousand thousand years old"...and then in time our sciences confirmed this, it would merely prove the amazing wording, and then you would not need faith to believe, because it would be entirely confirmed.

Anyone, no matter how untrusting, could just see the confirmation, and know it is all truth, without any faith at all.

Instead of easy proof, God wants faith from you.

Therefore we are not told how much time passed during verse 1. Nor are we told how much time passed while Adam and Eve were in the Garden.

That time duration is not given anywhere in scripture.

In what may have been a timelessness there, in the Garden of Eden, the special place created by God, the Eternal One, where they were, there with Him, in the very presense of God Himself.

Finally, and this can help anyone, even those long and strong in faith that have read much scripture -- no one understands well unless they read fully through entire books without skimming, and listen with a real attitude of expecting to learn, like a child would, and continues reading/listening, so that they get the full sense of the meanings intended, instead of only theories people have added that did not read fully through all of scripture. Sometimes people don't know, for example (one of hundreds of examples that matter profoundly), that God used visions to communicate to the people, over and over and over. You learn this by reading through entirely, so that you encounter for instance 1 Samuel 3:1 The boy Samuel ministered before the LORD under Eli. In those days the word of the LORD was rare; there were not many visions., and many other helpful verses, along the way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm...but the Bible says nothing about them though.
What were the leviathan and the behemoth?

I especially like the one about the Behemoth, in Job 40:

15 “Behold, Behemoth,
which I made as I made you;
he eats grass like an ox.
16 Behold, his strength in his loins,
and his power in the muscles of his belly.
17 He makes his tail stiff like a cedar;
the sinews of his thighs are knit together.
18 His bones are tubes of bronze,
his limbs like bars of iron.

19 “He is the first of the works of God;
let him who made him bring near his sword!
20 For the mountains yield food for him
where all the wild beasts play.
21 Under the lotus plants he lies,
in the shelter of the reeds and in the marsh.
22 For his shade the lotus trees cover him;
the willows of the brook surround him.
23 Behold, if the river is turbulent he is not frightened;
he is confident though Jordan rushes against his mouth.
24 Can one take him by his eyes,
or pierce his nose with a snare?

The behemoth has been mistakenly identified as a hippopotamus (which I don't want for Christmas), but you can see in verse 17 that it has one distinctive feature lacking in a hippo that fits nothing other than a dinosaur, and probably a brontosaurus.

Yes, dinosaurs are the invention of atheists, but dragons have been a part of oral tradition for thousands of years. It's nothing but a change of name and chronology. They reinvented what people already knew about and then presented it to us as a novel discovery.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But no creature today resembles a dinosaur! So it's logical to assume that they never existed.

We really have to tell real and fake fossils apart.
As creatures found in the fosil record are still around today your idea is incorrect.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Why were Woolly Mammoths and Saber toothed Cats not on the Ark?

And yet we have intact bodies of both.
It says, in Genesis, that one of the reasons that God wiped out the earths population was due to the fact that "all flesh was corrupted".
Noah, was the only one, and his family, that was "pure in his generations".

I get the picture that there was a lot of genetic manipulation going on...

Could it be that the mammoth and saber tooth tiger were not one of God's original creations and they were not part of the animal kingdom when He stated that He saw it and it was "Good"? So, He didn't let Noah put them on the ark?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What were the leviathan and the behemoth?

I especially like the one about the Behemoth, in Job 40:

15 “Behold, Behemoth,
which I made as I made you;
he eats grass like an ox.
16 Behold, his strength in his loins,
and his power in the muscles of his belly.
17 He makes his tail stiff like a cedar;
the sinews of his thighs are knit together.
18 His bones are tubes of bronze,
his limbs like bars of iron.

19 “He is the first of the works of God;
let him who made him bring near his sword!
20 For the mountains yield food for him
where all the wild beasts play.
21 Under the lotus plants he lies,
in the shelter of the reeds and in the marsh.
22 For his shade the lotus trees cover him;
the willows of the brook surround him.
23 Behold, if the river is turbulent he is not frightened;
he is confident though Jordan rushes against his mouth.
24 Can one take him by his eyes,
or pierce his nose with a snare?

The behemoth has been mistakenly identified as a hippopotamus (which I don't want for Christmas), but you can see in verse 17 that it has one distinctive feature lacking in a hippo that fits nothing other than a dinosaur, and probably a brontosaurus.

Yes, dinosaurs are the invention of atheists, but dragons have been a part of oral tradition for thousands of years. It's nothing but a change of name and chronology. They reinvented what people already knew about and then presented it to us as a novel discovery.
I was going to post the exact same scripture.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Creation Museum features a LOT of dinosaurs...unfortunately. Why? Why are they succumbing to evolutionist mythology just to gain attention from kids? A real creationist knows that dinosaurs never existed.

Look, I understand dinosaurs have been a big part of pop culture, but really...it's just a big fat lie fabricated by Satan. Mm-hmm. Satan knew what looked ''cool'' and ''sharp'' to we vulnerable sinful human beings--especially evolutionists!

Due to our sinful nature, it's just natural for us to look at a dinosaur--with claws and teeth and scales--and exclaim ''cool!'' without ever being skeptical. The mass simply wish that dinosaurs existed, and have been refusing to admit that dinosaurs never existed.

If you've read any of those evolutionist propaganda, you'd know that dinosaurs existed ''millions of years ago''. Well, if you've read Genesis you'd know that the world is only around 6000 years old. That's like saying ''the Empire State Building is millions of miles away from San Francisco, in the middle of Manhattan''.

And even if we concede about the age issue, million-year-old fossils should still be impossible to find. The Earth is geologically active and layers build upon layers over time. After millions of years, the dinosaur fossils should've had been buried so deep that they'd hit the core of the Earth (assuming it's a globe)!

What's more, if dinosaurs existed, why weren't they on Noah's Ark? God told Noah to being two of EVERY kind, which presumably included dinosaurs (had they existed). And I see no reason for Noah to kill any animal during the flood too.

I know everyone loves dinosaurs, and it's emotionally difficult to let go of them. But...don't you know how much evolutionists love to mention the dinosaurs? They talk about them as if dinosaurs prove evolution! If we ever want to win, dinosaurs are the first issue we should tackle!

Dinosaurs have been a symbol of evil and blasphemy. Satan made an uncanny move that fooled us for centuries. Once you realize that dinosaurs never existed, you'll more understand how God and the world works.
I have heard others make this claim. I have not, personally looked into it.

From what I understand. Noah was pretty smart... I'm guessing that he would know enough not to put a Behemoth onto the ark. Well, not a full grown one... Maybe some eggs?

Also, from the time before the flood, to the time after, there were some changes in the atmosphere. Science has shown that amber with air bubbles in it determined that there was a much higher oxygen content and probably a higher atmosphere pressure before the flood.

These two differences make huge changes in what can survive. At the barometric pressure and percent oxygen that existed pre flood... a human could run for hundreds of miles and not get tired.

Also, plants grew like crazy.

This means lots of food for giant lizards and an atmosphere that could support them with their lung size.

Take away the oxygen, barometric pressure... given their lung size and they could not survive.

Add to that the fact that plan life would not be as abundant... they suffocated and starved.

Just a theory that I have read about.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Sometimes people have heard that if the Earth is older than 6,000 something years, that would prove Genesis chapter 1 false.

That's entirely untrue.

The actual 6,000 something years is the estimate of the time from after Adam left the Garden of Eden until now, as mathetmatically estimated (using the reasonable assumption that there are no missing generations in the genealogies given).

But we are not told in the Bible how much time passed during verse 1 before verse 2. Look and see above. God created all the Universe and the Earth, and then after this has happened, the Spirit is hovering over the waters of Earth....

How much time passed during verse 1 before verse 2? We are not told this anywhere in the scripture, and I think the reason why is it doesn't matter much the precise amount of years and instead God wants us to have faith. Faith means to believe without proof.

If God had said in scripture something like "And the Earth was over 4 thousand thousand thousand years old"...and then in time our sciences confirmed this, it would merely prove the amazing wording, and then you would not need faith to believe, because it would be entirely confirmed.

Anyone, no matter how untrusting, could just see the confirmation, and know it is all truth, without any faith at all.

Instead of easy proof, God wants faith from you.

Therefore we are not told how much time passed during verse 1. Nor are we told how much time passed while Adam and Eve were in the Garden.

That time duration is not given anywhere in scripture.

In what may have been a timelessness there, in the Garden of Eden, the special place created by God, the Eternal One, where they were, there with Him, in the very presense of God Himself.

Finally, and this can help anyone, even those long and strong in faith that have read much scripture -- no one understands well unless they read fully through entire books without skimming, and listen with a real attitude of expecting to learn, like a child would, and continues reading/listening, so that they get the full sense of the meanings intended, instead of only theories people have added that did not read fully through all of scripture. Sometimes people don't know, for example (one of hundreds of examples that matter profoundly), that God used visions to communicate to the people, over and over and over. You learn this by reading through entirely, so that you encounter for instance 1 Samuel 3:1 The boy Samuel ministered before the LORD under Eli. In those days the word of the LORD was rare; there were not many visions., and many other helpful verses, along the way.
I have heard this before. However, there were no "verses" in the original transcript. The bible was not written with pointed pauses or sections of text. They were put there for navigation of the text.

So.. to say that we don't know how long it was between verse 1 and 2... is modern speculation and is of no value. They all ran together.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well dinosaurs did exist given the fact there are bones of them. Devil has no power to create literal items. He can "influence" maybe but thats about it. On top of that the bible itself references them as it talks about "behemoths".

The real issue is when did they exist? Because it means it could determine the age of earth. If your into young earth like I am (under 10,000 years) then it means they must have existed when the bible started but were wiped out by the flood. After all a few dinos did survive such as crocodiles, alligators...etc. Though much smaller now.

OR.... the earth is really millions of years old and they came first. Which would mean the "7 day creation" is wrong and not literal.

Whos right and whos wrong will never be known. I believe the earth is under 10k years old but if they were around you would think people would mention others being eaten by giant birds/dinos. Though most cultures have refrenced to dragons and other big lizards. Which may reenforce the the fact they were around when we were around. AKA young earth.

Last issue is is carbon dating. It says dinos are SUPER old. I do believe the carbon dating tech is wrong. Just like they said man is SUPER old too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have heard this before. However, there were no "verses" in the original transcript. The bible was not written with pointed pauses or sections of text. They were put there for navigation of the text.

So.. to say that we don't know how long it was between verse 1 and 2... is modern speculation and is of no value. They all ran together.
There were no verses -- yes this is a good point!

And the words read exactly the same without the verse numbers. We are not told any time duration of how long passed (in mere time, almost meaningless in the face of the Eternal One, for whom a thousand years is little, even like only a day) while God created the Universe. We are not told anywhere how long the Earth existed without form (possibly like a 'water world' in the dark, but this is only one hypothesis) before creation on Earth continued.

Removing the verse numbers has no effect at all when we read correctly, without an agenda. Let's not add in some non-biblical idea like "no time passed during the creation of the heavens" which is nowhere in scripture.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well dinosaurs did exist given the fact there are bones of them. Devil has no power to create literal items. He can "influence" maybe but thats about it. On top of that the bible itself references them as it talks about "behemoths".

The real issue is when did they exist? Because it means it could determine the age of earth. If your into young earth like I am (under 10,000 years) then it means they must have existed when the bible started but were wiped out by the flood. After all a few dinos did survive such as crocodiles, alligators...etc. Though much smaller now.

OR.... the earth is really millions of years old and they came first. Which would mean the "7 day creation" is wrong and not literal.

Whos right and whos wrong will never be known. I believe the earth is under 10k years old but if they were around you would think people would mention others being eaten by giant birds/dinos. Though most cultures have refrenced to dragons and other big lizards. Which may reenforce the the fact they were around when we were around. AKA young earth.

Last issue is is carbon dating. It says dinos are SUPER old. I do believe the carbon dating tech is wrong. Just like they said man is SUPER old too.
Perhaps we agree then -- it's faith we are to have, not easy proof? With faith one should not be worried even the slightest bit about just how much time passed on Earth before or during the Garden of Eden, nor about how much time passed before Earth, etc. With faith, those are frankly trivial things. We believe God is the creator of all that is (not just some listed things only) (refer to Gospel of John first chapter). This means anything that happened is His creation, His interventions, and His laws of nature (physics, chemistry) which He created, operating as He made them to do. And when He intervened and altered what would have happened naturally, that's His. Both nature and miracles, His. Both. Yes? When we see nature behind something, that never disproves God, but only shows His amazing design..."and it was very good". We cannot even say how much God intervened, except only the specific interventions scripture says. He likely did more than we are told, but we cannot say "this way and not that way" from scripture. One thing I wonder about -- how many that think evolution is wrong also realize God intervening would look just like what is called 'evolution' -- a progression of life? Do they consider that? I never worry about it. I'm more interested in learning the real lessons I'm to learn from the scripture, which are never trivial things like '156 hours', but instead profound. Not trivial. Profound.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

They existed

5 Most Impressive Dinosaur Fossils Ever Found - Catawiki

There is something wrong with the dating methods.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

Radiocarbon dating is only good to about 50,000 years ago so it would be useless in dating the dinosaurs. However there are quite a number of other methods that would be suitable.

Here is a list of them:

*Uranium to Lead --- minerals --- 1M to 4.5B years

*Rubidium to Strontium --- minerals --- 60M to 4.5B years

*Potassium to Argon --- minerals --- 10K to 3B years

*Uranium Series Disequibrium --- minerals, shell, bone, teeth, coral --- 0 to 0.4M years

*Carbon 14 --- minerals, shell, wood, bone, teeth --- 0 to 40K years

*Fission Track --- minerals, natural glass --- 0.5M to 1B years

*Thermoluminsecence --- minerals, natural glass --- 0 to 0.5M years

*Electron Spin Resonance --- minerals, teeth, shell, coral --- 1K to 1M years

*Geomagnetic Polarity --- minerals --- 0.8M to 200M years

*Amino Acid Racemization --- shells, other biocarbonates --- 500 to 0.3M years

*Obsidian Hydration --- natural glass --- 500 to 0.2M years

*Dendrochronology --- tree rings --- 0 to 12K years

*Lichenometry --- lichens --- 100 to 9K years

These and other dating technologies are remarkably consistent with each other. Each of course has its own limitations and like any scientific measurement or calculation each has a range of possible error which is carefully calculated.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It says, in Genesis, that one of the reasons that God wiped out the earths population was due to the fact that "all flesh was corrupted".
Noah, was the only one, and his family, that was "pure in his generations".
All flesh was corrupted by sin.

Noah was "RIGHTEOUS" in his generation, not "pure." that was how the ancient rabbis took Tameem to mean.
Tameem in Strongs is this:

1. complete, whole, entire, sound
    1. complete, whole, entire
    2. whole, sound, healthful
    3. complete, entire (of time)
    4. sound, wholesome, unimpaired, innocent, having integrity
    5. what is complete or entirely in accord with truth and fact (neuter adj/subst)
the ancient rabbis took it to mean he was morally good; but took "in his generation" to mean that he was good ONLY in relation to his contemporaries.

I get the picture that there was a lot of genetic manipulation going on...
Based on what?
Could it be that the mammoth and saber tooth tiger were not one of God's original creations and they were not part of the animal kingdom when He stated that He saw it and it was "Good"? So, He didn't let Noah put them on the ark?
Pure speculation. Which we DON'T need.

Upvote 0