Dilbert dropped as scott adams declares blacks to be a hate group.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't know why anyone is surprised at this. Hate generally doesn't get love in return, and the media (all media, not your preferred media to hate) has been trying to get a race war going. Media is definitely getting their way, sooner rather than later.

Some things are predictable. Enough white people dragged from their car at stoplights to be beaten and you begin to look at "blacks" with a sideways glance. And yes, that did happen.

Welcome to 2020 and beyond... The question is now as it's been for years now, whether we are going to buy into the war they desire - because it can't happen without us.

Some will always buy into it though.
Who is "they"?

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,280,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know why anyone is surprised at this. Hate generally doesn't get love in return, and the media (all media, not your preferred media to hate) has been trying to get a race war going. Media is definitely getting their way, sooner rather than later.

I don't think the media are trying to do anything of the sort. And I don't think we are moving towards a race war in this country... not even close. I think there's alot of people engaged in spreading nonsense and unjustified alarmism because it makes them money or gets them noteriety.

Some things are predictable. Enough white people dragged from their car at stoplights to be beaten and you begin to look at "blacks" with a sideways glance. And yes, that did happen.

When has that happened as anything other than what is essentially a random event?

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,221,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The punching up /punching down dynamic is a joke. You would have to believe someone is beneath you to even begin thinking that way.
The acknowledgement of the "punching up/punching down" dynamic has little to do with the person's personal feelings about another group, and has more do with observation of circumstances and historical power dynamics.

Rule being "white man can't speak about race"?
It's not that they can't, it's that it will inevitably come across as petty and in bad taste when they do

...and is often rooted in contrived and absurd premises.
Like when people try to assert that 'white people are REAL victims of racism these days'...

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟351,959.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Some things are predictable. Enough white people dragged from their car at stoplights to be beaten and you begin to look at "blacks" with a sideways glance. And yes, that did happen more than once.
When did that happen? And were those cases motivated by race?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟443,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The acknowledgement of the "punching up/punching down" dynamic has little to do with the person's personal feelings about another group, and has more do with observation of circumstances and historical power dynamics.

Let me give you an example then.

This is Angela Davis....she's a black liberation activist that trumpets the narrative that leads to the whole dynamic of "power/inequality/punching up" etc. She's been preaching for years how this nation is racist, the white people who founded it were white supremacist their ancestors should answer for it.

On other words she believes she's part of the mythological black history some imagine is true. One where they fight some sort of righteous struggle against white oppression.

In reality....her ancestors arrived on the freaking mayflower lol, were slave owners, fought in the American revolution.

In other words....she's easily as much of the "enemy" as she is the "freedom fighter"....I suggest you watch the video. She's heartbroken. All this time, she imagined the people who she identified with were better in some way. She's an idiot.

So when Angela Davis punches...is it up? Down? Or in her own face?

It's not that they can't, it's that it will inevitably come across as petty and in bad taste when they do

I would suggest that's why we never really have that conversation about race in this country.

...and is often rooted in contrived and absurd premises.
Like when people try to assert that 'white people are REAL victims of racism these days'...

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but they did another poll recently, where they screened for HR and hiring managers in some big companies and then removed personal data so they could remain anonymous.

A very large number admitted to being told not to hire white candidates and a significant group admitted to passing on qualified white candidates because they are white.

If true, I would say that counts as racism.

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟165,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dilbert has been around forever. Time for a new comic strip and artist to take its place.
Garfield is 11 years older than Dilbert. Hagar the Horrible is 15 years older than Dilbert. The Family Circus is 29 years older than Dilbert. Hi and Lois is 35 years older than Dilbert. If you're willing to count Sunday-only strips, Prince Valiant is 52 years older than Dilbert. All are still running.

If the goal is to try to clean out the long running newspaper strips for new ones, then there's a lot of comics that you should sweep out first before you get to Dilbert.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟608,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

To quote from the article

Adams called Black Americans a “hate group” and suggested white Americans “get the hell away from Black people” in response to a conservative organization’s poll purporting to show that many African Americans do not agree with the statement: “It’s OK to be white.”

The Anti-Defamation League says the phrase was popularised in 2017 as a trolling campaign by members of the discussion forum 4chan and was then used by some white supremacists.

“If nearly half of all Blacks are not OK with white people ... that’s a hate group,” said Adams, who is white, on his YouTube channel on Wednesday. “And I don’t want to have anything to do with them.”
It really doesn't matter where some alleged root of the phrase "it’s OK to be white" comes from.

What if 4chan and white supremacists said they like vanilla ice cream? Would that make vanilla ice cream bad all of a sudden?

The fact of the matter is that it *is* okay to be white. And those who disagree are being evil - And it's an evil that needs to end!

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟154,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
If the goal is to try to clean out the long running newspaper strips for new ones, then there's a lot of comics that you should sweep out first before you get to Dilbert.
The goal was to punish Scott Adams for holding broadcasting unpopular opinions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟154,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It really doesn't matter where some alleged root of the phrase "it’s OK to be white" comes from.

What if 4chan and white supremacists said they like vanilla ice cream? Would that make vanilla ice cream bad all of a sudden?

The fact of the matter is that it *is* okay to be white. And those who disagree are being evil - And it's an evil that needs to end!
If society were a really big game of King-of-the-hill, white folk would be on the tippy top complaining about how busy they have to be to keep anyone else from sharing the real estate up top there.
It is okay to be a white person, just be aware of “one’s place” in the scheme of things.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟443,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It is okay to be a white person, just be aware of “one’s place” in the scheme of things.
What is one's "place" as a white person or black or Asian or whatever?

I'd love to hear your ideas about the racial hierarchy. Tell me my "place".

Edit- did you even realize you said basically the same thing plantation slave owners said to "uppity slaves"?

"Learn yer place, boy"

You knocked that response out of the park lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,491,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me give you an example then.

This is Angela Davis....she's a black liberation activist that trumpets the narrative that leads to the whole dynamic of "power/inequality/punching up" etc. She's been preaching for years how this nation is racist, the white people who founded it were white supremacist their ancestors should answer for it.

On other words she believes she's part of the mythological black history some imagine is true. One where they fight some sort of righteous struggle against white oppression.

In reality....her ancestors arrived on the freaking mayflower lol, were slave owners, fought in the American revolution.

In other words....she's easily as much of the "enemy" as she is the "freedom fighter"....I suggest you watch the video. She's heartbroken. All this time, she imagined the people who she identified with were better in some way. She's an idiot.
I'm going to have to locate and watch that actual footage to see for myself how she's actually reacting, versus how a white reporter who doesn't actually understand the context characterizes her reaction.

It's impossible for me to believe that Angela Davis has not been fully aware that she has white ancestry. Heck, I'm 30% Scottish, and I've had Africans look at me and tell me what tribe I'm probably from (and...dang, after getting my DNA results, they were right).

Angela Davis obviously has white ancestry--nearly all American Descendants of Slavery do have some white ancestry--and we know that our white ancestry is from slave owners. That's actually the reason a lot of light-skinned ADOS from the Boomer and older generations had been angry...they look in the mirror and see the rape of their great-great-grandmothers by slaveowners.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟630,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Garfield is 11 years older than Dilbert. Hagar the Horrible is 15 years older than Dilbert. The Family Circus is 29 years older than Dilbert. Hi and Lois is 35 years older than Dilbert. If you're willing to count Sunday-only strips, Prince Valiant is 52 years older than Dilbert. All are still running.

I think all of those, including Beetle Bailey and Blondie, should have been replaced with new artists and their comic strips, quite some time ago. Probably the most liked and well known comic strip ever was Peanuts, and it ended 23 years ago in 2000 when its creator Charles Schultz died.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟443,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to have to locate and watch that actual footage to see for myself how she's actually reacting, versus how a white reporter who doesn't actually understand the context characterizes her reaction.

She's literally going "no no no noooooo" as she's told her ancestors came on the Mayflower.

I don't think I mischaracterized it....there's an initial sense of pride in one of her freed slave ancestors freeing his nephews as well....but she visibly horrified at the notion that she's been working to undo the very thing that her ancestors created lol.

Black people get some interesting stories. Don Cheadle learned his family was enslaved by Choctaw natives. They existed without a state, nation, or legal status because whites may have forced the natives to free them....but they couldn't force the tribes to take them in. 3 decades I think. Sadly sometimes they find out their black ancestors owned slaves....in both cases, Cheadle and Davis....their ancestors received large plots of land from whites.

People tell themselves a story about who they are and where they come from. When they're making it up themselves.....they're the heroes.

It's impossible for me to believe that Angela Davis has not been fully aware that she has white ancestry. Heck, I'm 30% Scottish, and I've had Africans look at me and tell me what tribe I'm probably from (and...dang, after getting my DNA results, they were right).

I thought that service couldn't do that if you had white ancestry?

I saw a woman on Youtube mortified to learn her great grandmother was Dutch.

Angela Davis obviously has white ancestry--nearly all American Descendants of Slavery do have some white ancestry--and we know that our white ancestry is from slave owners.

Did you miss the part about the Mayflower?

The white guy who became a part of her family tree was post civil war,and their love was kept secret....because it was illegal. He had 3 children with the black woman whose husband had left....and left 200 acres to her when he died.

That's actually the reason a lot of light-skinned ADOS from the Boomer and older generations had been angry...they look in the mirror and see the rape of their great-great-grandmothers by slaveowners.

Again....while I'm sure that's true in some cases, you're only kidding yourself if you think it's all of them. There's no punching up...just punching.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟316,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think all of those, including Beetle Bailey and Blondie, should have been replaced with new artists and their comic strips, quite some time ago. Probably the most liked and well known comic strip ever was Peanuts, and it ended 23 years ago in 2000 when its creator Charles Schultz died.
These days I find better comics online. They can be edgier, sillier, and more topical than what is in the paper.

Being in the paper still pays the big bucks, and a comic gets to stick around because it is reliable and consistent. That is what the paper wants, not to shock its readers but to give them a break from all the news they deliver. Yes, there are good upcoming comic strips out there, but they have more success and readers online these days instead of fighting it out for the limited page space.

Plus, not many comic drawers can keep up with the 6 strips a week, and one big strip on Sundays schedule for a long time. It is a hard job.

Upvote 0