Dilbert dropped as scott adams declares blacks to be a hate group.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,444.00
Faith
Pentecostal
As context to the poll "it is okay to be white" is a slogan that has been used by White supremacy groups for the last five years. It is likely, though unclear, that many of the "no" responses were saying they are against the slogan and not against White people. Kind of like if asked about Black Lives Matter, likely half the White respondents would respond with a "no," but would say that because of the organization, not meaning that Black lives don't matter.

I don't know if that is correct. It's my understand some alt-right group came up with "it's okay to be white," as a trolling slogan.

But I doubt very much that it's the background for the Rasmussen Poll. Do you you have something that shows that or are you just making an assumption?

I mean I never heard of this phrase until you mentioned it, so it can't be all that widely known. And you'd have to show that the people who took the poll saw it that way or that Rasmussen offered some context to their question so people knew they where referring to the 2017; alt-right phrase.

Do you have something?

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if that is correct. It's my understand some alt-right group came up with "it's okay to be white," as a trolling slogan.

But I doubt very much that it's the background for the Rasmussen Poll. Do you you have something that shows that or are you just making an assumption?

I mean I never heard of this phrase until you mentioned it, so it can't be all that widely known. And you'd have to show that the people who took the poll saw it that way or that Rasmussen offered some context to their question so people knew they where referring to the 2017; alt-right phrase.

Do you have something?
"Posters proclaiming “IT’S OKAY TO BE WHITE” have been appearing on college campuses and on city streets across the country this week, prompted by an anonymous chat-room comment that suggested the message would feed social unrest and sway white Americans to far-right ideologies." link

Just because you never became aware of it does not show that the Blacks (less than a thousand) surveyed in this poll had not seen it.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,444.00
Faith
Pentecostal
"Posters proclaiming “IT’S OKAY TO BE WHITE” have been appearing on college campuses and on city streets across the country this week, prompted by an anonymous chat-room comment that suggested the message would feed social unrest and sway white Americans to far-right ideologies." link

Just because you never became aware of it does not show that the Blacks (less than a thousand) surveyed in this poll had not seen it.
Unfortunately I can't read that behind a pay wall.

But I wonder if this is only a reaction to the poll. Simply saying it's okay to be white. The white people in this country have taken quite a beating over the last few years. I don't remember if you've taken part in any of the threads that have discussed the anti-white rhetoric going on. And now we have this poll, yes it's a small sample, but the polling group is a well recognized group.

But in this case it may very well be too small. However when you combine it with all the other ant-white activities it does make one take notice.

It is okay to be white. And you don't have to be some white supremacist to think that. Just like it's okay to be black or Asian. We do not have to hate each other for our skin color. And we don't have to hate ourselves for it either.

That's why this is all concerning to me. Why in earth do we tell another race it's not okay to be that race. It's not okay to have white skin.

That's what racists do. If a white person said that about a black person they would be attacked 24/7 for being a bigoted racist white supremacist who doesn't deserve to be in society. Yet if a black person says it, it's okay.

Well it's not. And I wonder if this "It's okay to be white" stuff going on right now(not 6years ago) is a response to that along with a response to all the other anti-white things that are going on right now.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟202,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In regard to racism, if somebody asked me, do you think it's okay to be white, in all honesty I'd say no because I never think that. If they then followed up with the question, "So you think it's not okay to be white?" I'd say no, since I don't ever think that either. All in all I don't think to evaluate people based on skin color.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,444.00
Faith
Pentecostal
In regard to racism, if somebody asked me, do you think it's okay to be white, in all honesty I'd say no because I never think that. If they then followed up with the question, "So you think it's not okay to be white?" I'd say no, since I don't ever think that either. All in all I don't think to evaluate people based on skin color.
Me neither. Skin color is irrelevant to who you really are and how you act. You can be a jerk in any skin color and you can be a kind person in any skin color. My skin color doesn't define me. But if I was asked if it's okay to be white I'd say yes. I mean it's okay to be any skin color. What's that got to do with anything? You should stive to be a person of good character and your skin color has nothing to do with that.

Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,444.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Thank you. I'm still on the so what wagon. It's okay to b white imo is a response to the it's not okay to be white idea.

I mean if I said it's not okay to be blonde having some respond with it's okay to be blond is no big deal. It's a natural response. I mean what on earth are you supposed to say? I suppose I could say it's okay to be Caucasian or have white melatonin or some such thing. I could respond by saying it's okay to have any skin color.

But the attack was specifically directed at white people.

It's a natural response.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you. I'm still on the so what wagon. It's okay to b white imo is a response to the it's not okay to be white idea.
Is it though?

Tbh, I don't care enough to look it up. It seems like a tempest in a teacup kind of thing.

I mean if I said it's not okay to be blonde having some respond with it's okay to be blond is no big deal. It's a natural response. I mean what on earth are you supposed to say? I suppose I could say it's okay to be Caucasian or have white melatonin or some such thing. I could respond by saying it's okay to have any skin color.
Yeah, I would expect that any response would be tailored to the perceived intent of the question.

But the attack was specifically directed at white people.

It's a natural response.
What attack? It was a poll question...

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As I have already indicated, I would think the majority of people would feel they are accepting someone regardless of color when they agree. But the statement is still making a judgment based on skin color.

Ok.

The video is what I would expect and closely matches my own personal results from asking others, (I've since asked more people). For example, the lady indicates she is not accepting someone based on their being white,

The lady who admits to being racist or the one who says it's ok to be white?

and that's my sentiment also (why I disagreed). But, unlike the poll statement, the lady is being asked face to face and has the opportunity to point out that the skin color doesn't matter, by saying all skin colors are acceptable not just white.

Exactly. That's why she said all colors are acceptable, indicating skin color shouldn't matter. That is no different in sentiment than what I mean when I say it's wrong to accept or not accept people based on their skin color.

You don't think the lady saying that whatever color of skin is acceptable didn't take the question as accepting white people because they're white? Then why did she amend the statement to include all colors unless she felt the text didn't fully finish the thought in regards to color?

Here's the thing....you sort of let the mask slip when you claimed that "you can't say black people don't have cause to be racist blah blah blah whites who don't understand what it means to be black." Post#201

You confirmed that, despite your multiple attempts to claim "skin color has no meaning."...you clearly think "being black means something".

So despite your convoluted and repeated attempts to say "skin color doesn't mean anything" when it comes to black people...you clearly think it does.

Not only that, you engaged in apologia for black racism. Here's a tip...all racists think they have a "good reason" to be racist. None of them do. Quit excusing black racism. It's not helping them, or anyone, and worse....it holds them to some lower moral standard than whites. It's as if you don't actually see them as equals, but somehow lesser than whites, and therefore you excuse these disgusting views.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟202,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok.

The lady who admits to being racist or the one who says it's ok to be white?
The lady who said of course it's oaky to be white or brown or pink or whatever.
Here's the thing....you sort of let the mask slip when you claimed that "you can't say black people don't have cause to be racist blah blah blah whites who don't understand what it means to be black." Post#201
I said I can't tell them they have no cause to be racist, because right away I imagine they would think I need a lesson in history (see the civil rights movement). I think it would be better to say something like all white people are not like that.
You confirmed that, despite your multiple attempts to claim "skin color has no meaning."...you clearly think "being black means something"
Well, the term Black refers to a cultural identity in Black American vernacular. So yes, it's meaningful in the sense that there was slavery and a struggle for equal rights for those black people here in America. But it would be just as meaningful if white people had been slaves and had to struggle to be treated equally as well. Therefore, skin color doesn't matter.
So despite your convoluted and repeated attempts to say "skin color doesn't mean anything" when it comes to black people...you clearly think it does.
To be clear America is made up of many different people from many countries, with diverse creeds and ethnic backgrounds.
As a distinction of a certain cultural identity for the people who came out of slavery and struggled for equal rights here in America, that's what Black means to me.
Not only that, you engaged in apologia for black racism. Here's a tip...all racists think they have a "good reason" to be racist. None of them do. Quit excusing black racism. It's not helping them, or anyone, and worse....it holds them to some lower moral standard than whites. It's as if you don't actually see them as equals, but somehow lesser than whites, and therefore you excuse these disgusting views.
I simply said I can understand how some of them still have a distrust for some white people, since I am aware of the history and how they have struggled in pursuit of equal rights. I am simply loving others as I would want to be loved when showing sympathy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The lady who said of course it's oaky to be white or brown or pink or whatever.

Ok, well it wasn't clear, that's why I asked.

I said I can't tell them they have no cause to be racist, because right away I imagine they would think I need a lesson in history (see the civil rights movement). I think it would be better to say something like all white people are not like that.

Are you talking about black people who remember the civil rights movement specifically? Like 60-70 year old black people?

And what about the civil rights movement gives them an excuse to be racist?

Well, the term Black refers to a cultural identity in Black American vernacular.

Sorry no...I simply won't allow this continued nonsense. They are talking about a race...not a "cultural identity" which anyone of any color can adopt.

If you think otherwise, ask Rachel Dolezal.

So yes, it's meaningful in the sense that there was slavery and a struggle for equal rights for black people here in America. But it would be just as meaningful if white people had been slaves and had to struggle to be treated equally, also. And this is why skin color doesn't matter.

And my history cannot be meaningful?

Why wouldn't you take "it's ok to be white" as a cultural identity?

To be clear America is made up of many different people from many countries, diverse creeds and ethnic backgrounds.
As a distinction of a certain cultural identity that came out of slavery and struggled for equal rights here in America, that's what Black means to me.

But that's a racial identity....not a cultural one. You can't merely conflate the two. You can't be "Black" in a cultural sense.

I simply said I can understand how some of them still have a distrust for some white people,

Not distrust....racist. We're talking about racism.

since I am aware of the history and how they have struggled in pursuit of equal rights. I am simply loving others as I would want to be loved when showing sympathy.

Racists that hate you for your skin color don't respect you when you confirm that you believe they are lesser. Treat them the same as you would a racist white person.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟202,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you talking about black people who remember the civil rights movement specifically? Like 60-70 year old black people?
As I'm more acquainted with black people from the sixties, I'm primarily talking about those people.
And what about the civil rights movement gives them an excuse to be racist?
You know, things like marching for the right to vote, having to sit at the back of the bus, etc...
Sorry no...I simply won't allow this continued nonsense. They are talking about a race...not a "cultural identity" which anyone of any color can adopt.
Well, you can't just adopt having a social ancestry of slavery in America and the ensuing struggle for civil rights. We can use the phrase African American if you prefer.
And my history cannot be meaningful?
Of course, it's meaningful.
Why wouldn't you take "it's ok to be white" as a cultural identity?
There are many different cultures that blend and add to America and many of them are Caucasian. Skin color doesn't matter to me, so I don't identify as white, I identify as an American.
But that's a racial identity....not a cultural one. You can't merely conflate the two. You can't be "Black" in a cultural sense.
I think they can be both. Some prefer African American, for the purpose of not conflating race/culture with a color, but there definitely is an African American culture that has contributed to America.
Not distrust....racist. We're talking about racism.
If a person doesn't trust white people because of a prejudice, I think that qualifies as a form of racism.
Racists that hate you for your skin color don't respect you when you confirm that you believe they are lesser. Treat them the same as you would a racist white person.
The reality is nobody is inferior or superior because of their skin color. But to love others as myself I need to see others with the consideration of what I might be like had I grown up in their shoes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As I'm more acquainted with black people from the sixties, I'm primarily talking about those people.

Ok...well I don't think the racist black ladies in the video were around then.

You know, things like marching for the right to vote, having to sit at the back of the bus, etc...

Right I remember the civil rights movement....but I'm asking why that allows someone an excuse for racism?

Well, you can't just adopt having a social ancestry of slavery in America and the ensuing struggle for civil rights. We can use the phrase African American if you prefer.

I've never known a black person who gave a fig about being called a black person. I can count on exactly 0 hands how many times I've been asked if I prefer "white" over "caucasian", etc.

Of course, it's meaningful.

Ok.

There are many different cultures that blend and add to America and many of them are Caucasian. Skin color doesn't matter to me, so I don't identify as white, I identify as an American.

I'm sorry but you clearly do think skin color "matters" in the context of "what it means to be black"....

So frankly, it does matter to you.

I can quote you if you want.

I think they can be both. Some prefer African American, for the purpose of not conflating race/culture with a color, but there definitely is an African American culture that has contributed to America.

If you want to call it a racial culture...fine.

If a person doesn't trust white people because of a prejudice, I think that qualifies as a form of racism.

So do I.

The reality is nobody is inferior or superior because of their skin color. But to love others as myself I need to see others with the consideration of what I might be like had I grown up in their shoes.

To treat someone as equals you cannot hold them to a lower expectation than yourself. If you imagine yourself racist in their shoes...try to imagine why you shouldn't be.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟202,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok...well I don't think the racist black ladies in the video were around then.
I would think they know about it, but a different experience or rather a certain belief from an experience, may be at the root of the prejudice in their thinking, if that's what you mean.
Right I remember the civil rights movement....but I'm asking why that allows someone an excuse for racism?
Then I don't think I understand what you mean. I assumed we could both see a justification for a distrust of white racist people in the history of this country's politics.
I've never known a black person who gave a fig about being called a black person. I can count on exactly 0 hands how many times I've been asked if I prefer "white" over "caucasian", etc.
It was Jesse Jackson who preferred African American.
I'm sorry but you clearly do think skin color "matters" in the context of "what it means to be black"....

So frankly, it does matter to you.

I can quote you if you want.
What matters to me is not being misunderstood. If you're saying it matters to me in the context of what it means to be African American, I'd agree, but skin color still won't matter in any case. It wasn't white skin that made some slave owners cruel.
To treat someone as equals you cannot hold them to a lower expectation than yourself. If you imagine yourself racist in their shoes...try to imagine why you shouldn't be.
I've already said many posts back that anybody can be misguided in their ignorance. If you wish to cut to the chase, the issue I am alluding to is what scripture calls spiritual warfare.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FWIW, it appears the Allen TX shooter wore an "It's OK to be white" t-shirt to a gun range, according to photos in his socials.
Ooh, I want one of those. I'm white. :)

Upvote 0