Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are either of you willing to lose the love of your lives because of your respective faulty religious traditions?

If no, then you each have to take the uncomfortable choice of setting aside the offensive aspects your respective religious traditions to get along with each other, and figure that God will understand and forgive you.

If yes, then do what you feel you must, and regret it for the rest of your lives.

You do indeed have to choose between your love and your religion. The smart choice, if you really love each other, is to sacrifice the purity of your religious beliefs (which is to say, what other men have told you that you must believe) in favor of what your own hearts tell you. The dumb choice is to place the religious opinions of other men over the love of your own heart. You won't be rewarded for that in this world or the next. The love you will have sacrificed would have been its own reward.

Basically, the moment has come to set aside things that don't work in favor of what you need. Your respective religions don't work. Your love does. Change your religion to something that will permit you to be happy in the love that you've found.

Upvote 0

shinoobi

Mar 17, 2013
✟11,395.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are either of you willing to lose the love of your lives because of your respective faulty religious traditions?

If no, then you each have to take the uncomfortable choice of setting aside the offensive aspects your respective religious traditions to get along with each other, and figure that God will understand and forgive you.

If yes, then do what you feel you must, and regret it for the rest of your lives.

You do indeed have to choose between your love and your religion. The smart choice, if you really love each other, is to sacrifice the purity of your religious beliefs (which is to say, what other men have told you that you must believe) in favor of what your own hearts tell you. The dumb choice is to place the religious opinions of other men over the love of your own heart. You won't be rewarded for that in this world or the next. The love you will have sacrificed would have been its own reward.

Basically, the moment has come to set aside things that don't work in favor of what you need. Your respective religions don't work. Your love does. Change your religion to something that will permit you to be happy in the love that you've found.

I am not sure if I can change my religion so that it suits me? I believe that that is the reason we have so many different denominations. We cannot add or take away from scripture. That is why I am struggling at this point in time :(

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure if I can change my religion so that it suits me? I believe that that is the reason we have so many different denominations. We cannot add or take away from scripture. That is why I am struggling at this point in time :(

Alot of times we take away and add to with not actually knowing we are.

• Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doing that does it still leave us with one truth or does it make what ever we believe true?

What is truth, are you not the truth?

We (our soul) are line upon line, step upon step until he causes us to understand that there are no steps, and line upon line the cause of falling backwards.

I've had enough revelations, and all them was a becoming aware of that something is, in an absolute way, but I have found that God is an unending absolute, so I have learned not to build a city out of any truth (and name it Enoch).

• Informative
Reactions: shinoobi
Upvote 0

shinoobi

Mar 17, 2013
✟11,395.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What is truth, are you not the truth?

We (our soul) are line upon line, step upon step until he causes us to understand that there are no steps, and line upon line the cause of falling backwards.

I've had enough revelations, and all them was a becoming aware of that something is, in an absolute way, but I have found that God is an unending absolute, so I have learned not to build a city out of any truth (and name it Enoch).

So are you saying that by grace through faith is not the only way to be saved?

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So are you saying that by grace through faith is not the only way to be saved?

Not at all.

Simply put, your footsteps become something that is ordered to you when you believe that they are, until then we are mostly ignorant of what is going on around us, and why it is playing out in the manner that it is.

Upvote 0

shinoobi

Mar 17, 2013
✟11,395.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not at all.

Simply put, your footsteps become something that is ordered to you when you believe that they are, until then we are mostly ignorant of what is going on around us, and why it is playing out in the manner that it is.

Thank you for the reply, it is like you are trying to tell me something and I am just not able to put my finger on it :D

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not sure if I can change my religion so that it suits me?

So, then, you realize why "evangelization" - talking to other people about why they should change their religion - is essentially useless.

You will either modify your religion, or you will not have this girl.
Same for her. She'll modify her religion, or she won't have you.

It's a certainty that neither of you is going to adopt the other's religion.
So, you can compromise on religion, or you can lose your love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shinoobi

Mar 17, 2013
✟11,395.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, then, you realize why "evangelization" - talking to other people about why they should change their religion - is essentially useless.

You will either modify your religion, or you will not have this girl.
Same for her. She'll modify her religion, or she won't have you.

It's a certainty that neither of you is going to adopt the other's religion.
So, you can compromise on religion, or you can lose your love.

Do you believe that one can compromise on your religion and still be saved?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The read about a group of religious people who refused to compromise their religious beliefs when this young guy came to them speaking a doctrine that seemed blasphemous. This group of people spent their lives studying the word and knew it back and forth. The young guy came speaking and interpretation totally different from theirs. They had every right to ignore this man.

The man was Jesus and the group of religious people were called Pharisees.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

No. I believe that Catholicism is the correct religion, and that you and she should both leave yours and join it. That's what I ACTUALLY believe.

But that is useless to you, because you believe yours and she believes hers, and that, apparently is that.

But if "that is that", then love - real love, mutual love, between two people - a thing that is quite hard to find in this world - is going to be destroyed because two people who love each other are going to sacrifice that love in the service of two false religions.

So, while I'm not telling you to both become Catholics - because IT IS POINTLESS to tell people to change their religions, I AM trying to save your, and her, lives by getting you to decide that your love is more important than the tenets of your two man-made religions.

It is YOU (two) who have decided that you will "lose" something if you step away from the strictures of religions that other men taught you, based on their opinions. I am telling you that yes, real love between two human beings is more important than the religious doctrines of men.

If you're both Protestant, then you both believe that Jesus' death on the cross paid the debt for ALL sin, INCLUDING whatever sin you acquire by leaving behind your PARTICULAR religious tradition and joining another one. As long as you're worshiping Jesus, you are saved, right?

So, then, why sacrifice the love of your life for extraneous additional doctrines of your respective churches, that the root of your own religion tells you will not cost you your salvation.

If you compromise on your religious practices, will you stop believing in Jesus?
No. You will still know that Jesus is Son of God. And both of your religions teach you that that is the key, right?

So, then, "sin" by breaking the tenets of your specific religions, and remember that the Big Tenet of both of your religions is that Jesus Saves, and trust him to forgive you this sin of breaking with your traditions in order to have the real love for each other you have, because you're both sticking with Jesus, just not in those FORMS that you've been taught.

That's what I'm saying. The forms don't matter ENOUGH to give up on true love. If you think it's sin to change your approach to Christianity, then sin and ask God to forgive you, and ask your fiancee to do the same. The alternative is to kill real love and your lifelong happiness in the service of stupid false doctrines made up by other men.

You're both Protestants. All you HAVE to do is stick to Jesus. You have the choice of sticking with each other and with Jesus, OR in sticking with the traditional of other men and losing each other.

Ditch the other men, change denominations, stick with each other, and stick with Jesus and you will be fine - according to the BASIC tenets of BOTH of your Protestantisms.

Don't lose the big picture. Neither of you is going to convert to the other's denomination. You don't believe hers, and she doesn't believe yours. Love is more important than denomination. Throw off the chains of tradition, love each other, and stick with Jesus, but under a NEW structure.

Don't turn your mere denominational church into an altar which you sacrifice real love and happiness for the favor of human tradition. It would be dumb to do that, dumb as a post. Don't be dumb.

Yeah, you're going to displease somebody - probably a lot of people on this Internet site. So what? The alternative is to destroy your own happiness, and hers. You two have to actually live on - the people who will cluck at you don't have to bear the pain for you.

Ignore them, their advice and the demands of their petty little doctrines. Throw off the doctrines. Throw off the traditions. Stick with the woman you love, and stick with Jesus, and you will be fine.

Do something else, and you'll regret it for life, and get no better reward in the next life than you both would have had you kept each other, kept Jesus, and chucked the traditions that tell you "No".

And when other men come to tell you otherwise, ignore them.

• Useful
Reactions: shinoobi
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. I believe that Catholicism is the correct religion, and that you and she should both leave yours and join it. That's what I ACTUALLY believe.

But that is useless to you, because you believe yours and she believes hers, and that, apparently is that.

But if "that is that", then love - real love, mutual love, between two people - a thing that is quite hard to find in this world - is going to be destroyed because two people who love each other are going to sacrifice that love in the service of two false religions.

So, while I'm not telling you to both become Catholics - because IT IS POINTLESS to tell people to change their religions, I AM trying to save your, and her, lives by getting you to decide that your love is more important than the tenets of your two man-made religions.

It is YOU (two) who have decided that you will "lose" something if you step away from the strictures of religions that other men taught you, based on their opinions. I am telling you that yes, real love between two human beings is more important than the religious doctrines of men.

If you're both Protestant, then you both believe that Jesus' death on the cross paid the debt for ALL sin, INCLUDING whatever sin you acquire by leaving behind your PARTICULAR religious tradition and joining another one. As long as you're worshiping Jesus, you are saved, right?

So, then, why sacrifice the love of your life for extraneous additional doctrines of your respective churches, that the root of your own religion tells you will not cost you your salvation.

If you compromise on your religious practices, will you stop believing in Jesus?
No. You will still know that Jesus is Son of God. And both of your religions teach you that that is the key, right?

So, then, "sin" by breaking the tenets of your specific religions, and remember that the Big Tenet of both of your religions is that Jesus Saves, and trust him to forgive you this sin of breaking with your traditions in order to have the real love for each other you have, because you're both sticking with Jesus, just not in those FORMS that you've been taught.

That's what I'm saying. The forms don't matter ENOUGH to give up on true love. If you think it's sin to change your approach to Christianity, then sin and ask God to forgive you, and ask your fiancee to do the same. The alternative is to kill real love and your lifelong happiness in the service of stupid false doctrines made up by other men.

You're both Protestants. All you HAVE to do is stick to Jesus. You have the choice of sticking with each other and with Jesus, OR in sticking with the traditional of other men and losing each other.

Ditch the other men, change denominations, stick with each other, and stick with Jesus and you will be fine - according to the BASIC tenets of BOTH of your Protestantisms.

Don't lose the big picture. Neither of you is going to convert to the other's denomination. You don't believe hers, and she doesn't believe yours. Love is more important than denomination. Throw off the chains of tradition, love each other, and stick with Jesus, but under a NEW structure.

Don't turn your mere denominational church into an altar which you sacrifice real love and happiness for the favor of human tradition. It would be dumb to do that, dumb as a post. Don't be dumb.

Yeah, you're going to displease somebody - probably a lot of people on this Internet site. So what? The alternative is to destroy your own happiness, and hers. You two have to actually live on - the people who will cluck at you don't have to bear the pain for you.

Ignore them, their advice and the demands of their petty little doctrines. Throw off the doctrines. Throw off the traditions. Stick with the woman you love, and stick with Jesus, and you will be fine.

Do something else, and you'll regret it for life, and get no better reward in the next life than you both would have had you kept each other, kept Jesus, and chucked the traditions that tell you "No".

And when other men come to tell you otherwise, ignore them.

What advise would you give him if he were a Catholic?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The same.

So you are saying that if he was a devout catholic.....you would make the above statement about his priests and doctrine?

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you are saying that if he was a devout catholic.....you would make the above statement about his priests and doctrine?

Yes. If a man and a woman are in love with each other, and find their Christian religious traditions make it impossible for them to continue, they have overvalued their traditions and undervalued love, and they are fools. They will suffer on earth for their stubbornness, and they will receive no greater reward in the afterlife than they were already going to receive.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've been alive long enough to see the process people go through to create division based on what they think they believe, and yet it's reciprocal, and common to man.

And, yet someone here used a source not worth using because there is only one Catholic Church and the source says there are 200.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And, yet someone here used a source not worth using because there is only one Catholic Church and the source says there are 200. When someone uses that source they discredit themselves to others who have checked the source for themselves.

Upvote 0