Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only point I will add that I have not seen is that you said you prayed and asked God for a faithful girlfriend and got one. I would say you asked God for a faithful girlfriend and the deceiver got in their first and led you astray. However God can still use that situation and I suggest you both sit down and pray for a revelation of the real Jesus in her life.

• Friendly
Reactions: Gwen-is-new!
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While yes, James wrote "Faith without works is dead." (that is, without works there isn't faith there)

And Paul wrote: "For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

We could instead rely here on Christ Himself, in His Word:

"Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them."

And:

"“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

That is, we *can't even last in faith, even, without *doing His commandments**. Works are required. No works means your house falls, death.

No dichotomy between faith and works. They go together. We are saved only by grace, only by faith. And that results in works. Hand in glove.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gwen-is-new!
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is another problem with her belief:

The Old Apostolic church also has a low regard for God's Word (the Bible), too. According to one report, you are not allowed to bring your Bible with you to their church. The apostles in what they speak is the Word. They do not believe the flood is a literal story that happened. So they have a very low regard for the Bible. However, any group that has a low regard for the Bible should immediately send up red flags in your brain and or police sirens to go off within you.

Send a text or call up this woman you are having a relationship with immediately and tell her you are breaking it off. Tell her you believe Jesus is God, and you believe in the resurrection as essential teachings for salvation according to the Bible. Tell her you have a high regard for God's Word and you prefer to use your Bible at church and anywhere else you please. Let go of this woman and pray to God for another one (And God will be faithful to you).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
While yes, James wrote "Faith without works is dead." (that is, without works there isn't faith there)

And Paul wrote: "For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

We could instead rely here on Christ Himself, in His Word:

"Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them."

And:

"“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

That is, we *can't even last in faith, even, without *doing His commandments**. Works are required. No works means your house falls, death.

No dichotomy between faith and works. They go together. We are saved only by grace, only by faith. And that results in works. Hand in glove.

Agreed. This is true.

I was not going to bring up the issue of how works plays an important part in our salvation; But seeing you mentioned it, in this case, this particular religion that denies that Jesus is God (i.e. the Old Apostolistic Church) are doing their own set of works and they are not exactly following strictly to the commands found in the New Testament. For if they did follow the New Testament Commands, then they would follow the command that tells them to believe in Jesus (1 John 3:23).

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Drop this girl, because she and her church are way, way off base in regards to God's Word. ""

My advice. Break off the relationship immediately; And continue to ask God to bring you a truly Godly woman into your life.

Thank God for his mercy and unmerited grace.....For when i was in a world of sin, he didnt dropped me like a a hot potato and write me off, like you two are suggesting be done with this young lady.

God is not like man....if he were.......we'd all be toast.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank God for his mercy and unmerited grace.....For when i was in a world of sin, he didnt dropped me like a a hot potato and write me off, like you two are suggesting be done with this young lady.

First, I believe Eternal Security ultimately teaches that God's grace is a license for immorality on some level. However, the Bible condemns the thinking that we can turn God's grace into a license for immorality, though.

"For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord." (Jude 1:4 NIV).​

How do they deny Him?
By their lack of works (of course):

"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." (Titus 1:16).

"For without...holiness, no man shall see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14).​

But the true grace of God teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live soberly, godly, and righteously in this present world.

11 "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;" (Titus 2:11-12).​

Second, I am not suggesting that our fellow CF poster who started this thread should not try to witness the truth to her. In fact, I already said (before your post here) that he should tell her the reason why he is breaking it off. He should say that he believes Jesus is God and that he believes in the resurrection as a necessary part of salvation. But chances are that even if he were to witness to her, it is a very slim chance that she would accept what he is saying with the Bible (even if he were to do so). He should not stay in the relationship with a woman who is so against what the Bible says because it could influence him in the wrong way. Now, if they are already married that is a different matter. But this man has a choice to either choose a Bible believing Godly woman or he can choose this woman who denies that Jesus is God and who denies the resurrection. That to me is not good. So to let this woman go is not cold hearted in any sense of the word and it has nothing to do with God's saving grace. God's saving grace is there for people who honestly want to repent and to follow Jesus. Jesus's gift (Which is Himself - John 3:16) is not so that we can live for ourselves. We are not our own lords and masters. For Jesus said, "Why do you call me, Lord, Lord, if you do not do what I say?" (Luke 6:46).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Waggles
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, I believe Eternal Security ultimately teaches that God's grace is a license for immorality on some level. However, the Bible condemns the thinking that we can turn God's grace into a license for immorality, though.

"For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord." (Jude 1:4 NIV).

How do they deny Him?
By their lack of works (of course):

"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." (Titus 1:16).

But the true grace of God teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live soberly, godly, and righteously in this present world.

11 "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;" (Titus 2:11-12).

Second, I am not suggesting that our fellows CF poster who started this thread should not try to witness the truth to her. In fact, I already said that he should tell her the reason why he is breaking it off. He should say that he believes Jesus is God and that he believes in the resurrection as a necessary part of salvation. But chances are that even if he were to witness to her, it is a very slim chance that she would accept what he is saying with the Bible (even if he were to do so). He should not stay in the relationship with a woman who is so against what the Bible says because it could influence him in the wrong way. Now, if they are already married that is a different matter. But this man has a choice to either choose a Bible believing Godly woman or he can choose this woman who denies that Jesus is God and who denies the resurrection. That to me is not good. So to let this woman go is not cold hearted in any sense of the word and it has nothing to do with God's saving grace. God's saving grace is there for people who honestly want to repent and to follow Jesus. Jesus's gift (Which is Himself - John 3:16) is not so that we can live for ourselves. We are not our own lords and masters. For Jesus said, "Why do you calle me, Lord, Lord, if you do not do what I say?" (Luke 6:46).

Please dont start trying to teach me your OSAS doctrine again.....I told you a million times, I dont know what you are talking about and dont know like you keep trying to teach it to me.

And i understand....she is good enough to witness to, but we are too good to be in a relationship with them......lest we be tempted to leave God.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please dont start trying to teach me your OSAS doctrine again.....I told you a million times, I dont know what you are talking about and dont know like you keep trying to teach it to me.

But don't you believe in OSAS (Once Saved Always Saved) or Eternal Security? Or do you simply believe in the belief that says, "Sin Cannot Separate You From God"? I have ran into only a few individuals who have believed this, as well. They believe they can walk away from God but yet they think it takes a lot to do so (And that sin cannot separate a believer from God). Maybe if you explain to me in what your belief says in relation to committing sin. Can a believer commit unrepentant sin such as hate, lusting after a woman, and lying and then die, and still be saved? If they can still be saved, then how can God agree with a person's thinking that they can sin and still be saved? Would not God have to agree with sin (if a person thinks they can sin and still be saved)? Can you explain it to me? How does morality or the goodness of God play into such a belief?

RaymondG said:
And i understand....she is good enough to witness to, but we are too good to be in a relationship with them......lest we be tempted to leave God.

Yes, for what fellowship does light have with darkness?
We are told to avoid evil communications.
The religion she is a part of is not a part of the teaching of God's Word.
There would always be a disunion in their relationship because they do not believe in the same God.
They would have to tip toe around each other until they argued about what is true.
Would it not be better to be in a relationship with a woman who believes that Jesus is God and who believes in the resurrection as necessary qualifications for salvation?

• Agree
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But don't you believe in OSAS (Once Saved Always Saved) or Eternal Security?

I've told you many times that you are the first and only person I've heard mentioning this Doctrine. I didnt even know what the acronym meant until you wrote it out. What I dont understand is why you are so intent on trying to get me to believe this as a doctrine? And what does this have to do with the OP or anything I posted? And please forgive me if you suffer from any mental illnesses...If you do...I will start to understand this better and will show more understanding of your posts in the future...just let me know.

Yes, for what fellowship does light have with darkness?
We are told to avoid evil communications.

I understand what you feel about everyone who has beliefs different from your own...they are in darkness and you should not have fellowship with them. Please forgive me if I decide to have more compassion on the ones who were in the same situation I was in before Christ found me. I am not better that this young lady, no matter how "saved" I did. I am inclined to treat her, how I would want to be treated.

Am I wrong for this? Do you want to send me to the oven because of this? Should i pray for my heart to be hardened so I can only care about my salvation, and assume the lost to stay lost?

Upvote 0

Troy Fields

Oct 29, 2015
✟7,892.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So are you two saying that Flesh and blood does and can, in fact, inherit the kingdom of heaven? When Jesus states this was he only talking about our bodies and not His? When he say, no one goes to heaven save He who left it.......was He saying that he had a Physical, flesh and blood body in heaven which came down and then went back?

Yes, but not in the way that you seem to be assuming. In 1 Corinthians 15 Paul says we will not all sleep (die) but we will all be changed. The perishable must put on the impreishable and this mortal must put on immortal.

Jesus did not enter heaven with the same body He had before the crucifixion, He entered heaven with a body that had been glorified. It was still a body...Thomas was able to touch the wounds on His hands and in His side...He still ate...the disciples and Mary were able to hug Him.

Jesus resurrection was a physical one and ours will be too. In that day we will be changed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've told you many times that you are the first and only person I've heard mentioning this Doctrine. I didnt even know what the acronym meant until you wrote it out. What I dont understand is why you are so intent on trying to get me to believe this as a doctrine? And what does this have to do with the OP or anything I posted? And please forgive me if you suffer from any mental illnesses...If you do...I will start to understand this better and will show more understanding of your posts in the future...just let me know.

Well, ad hominems are not helpful to prove that you are correct in any way. Can you honestly say that you can remember every conversation you had perfectly with all people? Do you have a photographic memory? I honestly talk to a lot of people who believe in Eternal Security. I would have to talk to you more often or you would have to do something major in regards to our conversation (that was truly profound or noticeable for me) to remember everything that you said in regards to Eternal Security. It sounds like you believe in Eternal Security, but you simply are not wanting to have that label (Because you were unaware of what it is called before). Maybe you can just answer my questions and tell me what you believe (And we can go from there). But yes, now that you mention it, I do recall you saying to me before that you do not remember what Eternal Security was until I told you. But it is not some unknown teaching. It is an old one. It is a very popular discussion that I had for many years on Christian forums. Your recently finding out about it does not negate that fact.

RaymondG said:
I understand what you feel about everyone who has beliefs different from your own...they are in darkness and you should not have fellowship with them. Please forgive me if I decide to have more compassion on the ones who were in the same situation I was in before Christ found me. I am not better that this young lady, no matter how "saved" I did. I am inclined to treat her, how I would want to be treated.

Telling somebody the truth, and treating somebody with love and respect has nothing to do with being holy and separate from sinful people (and their wrong beliefs). For example: Jesus was around sinners. This is true. But Jesus did not become good buddies with sinners. Jesus was the great physican who came to heal sinners of their sinful condition. Jesus called sinners to repentance. Therein lies the difference. Jesus did not shack up with sinners and say nothing against their sinful deeds. Jesus told sinful people to repent. Was Jesus being unloving by saying that if a person looks at another in lust, they are in danger of hell fire? (See Matthew 5:28-30). Was Jesus being unloving when He said that if we do not forgive then we will not be forgiven by the Father? (Matthew 6:15).

RaymondG said:
Am I wrong for this?

Yes, you are wrong in this because you are trying to put two people together who are unevenly yoked.

RaymondG said:
Do you want to send me to the oven because of this?

I actually laughed when you said this. For it is a completely foreign concept for me to have any hate towards you or anyone who is my enemy. So I do not wish hell for any person. I also do not believe "hell" is a torture chamber of flames. I believe there is fire in hell but it is in the great gulf fixed between Abraham and the richman. I believe the rich man was tormented by the heat of the flame. I believe the Lake of Fire is a place that will annihiate the devil, his minions, and all of the wicked. I also would not take any satisfaction in their destruction, either. For God does not take pleasure in the destruction of the wicked.

RaymondG said:
Should i pray for my heart to be hardened so I can only care about my salvation, and assume the lost to stay lost?

This does not mean we should marry unbelievers or that we should hang with them when they do sinful things that can influence in the wrong way. God also calls us to be holy and separate. We can still reach them for His Kingdom by making specific evangelization efforts for them (if they are open to hearing God's Word). But if their hearts, and minds are closed, then that is their choice. We cannot force the Word of God down people's throats. We plant the seeds and water, but it is God that gives the increase. Do you remember, what Jesus told His disciples if a house did not believe them? He said shake off the dust from their feet. In other words, He told them to move on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

"Be ye not unequally yoked with unbelievers" 2Co 6:14. I am not calling the lady an unbeliever, first of all, and this verse is not saying drop unbelievers like a hot potato and write them off, and neither are we. You are taking our counsel out of context. We are saying, as a romantic interest to drop her if she is going to stay in what is cultish.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

danstribe

Mar 30, 2013
✟24,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a Christian and my faith is based on a certain foundation, I do not know who is right and who is wrong, but faith is a believe in something hoped for.

The reason I believe I am "right" or more "right" is that in my opinion once you start allowing interpretation to the Bible, where does it start and end? Without the physical bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ then Christianity falls flat. If you say no, let us interpret it spiritually, who in the end has the correct interpretation and who gives any authority to interpret it that way.

That being said, they received visions and dreams, are they of God? I do not know for sure. I have a belief and yes it might sound like I think they are wrong and I am right, but I also cannot deny they do receive something from someone.

My post asking for advice and yes like you might see, I am a bit confused
It seems that the visions and dreams coming to pass are what is confusing you? If they're coming to pass they must be visions from God, right? Is there any place in the bible that addresses this scenario? Deut 13:1-3 “If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder comes true, concerning which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods (whom you have not known) and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul."
"Going after other gods" is also attempting to worship God in the way that others worship false gods. God says not to worship Him in their ways but only in the way He has instructed. Saying that Christ was not resurrected bodily was something that the first century church was also having to deal with but Paul said that if Christ is not resurrected from the dead then we have no hope of a resurrection either and our faith has become of no use...but He is resurrected BODILY as well as spiritually. The tomb was empty...no bones. Christ appeared physically to the apostles and many others for 40 days after His resurrection, He ate and drank with them, they touched Him.
Don't let dreams and visions that come true lead you astray, God is testing you and when you pass it and flee from false worship then He will lead you to the one He meant for you, or possibly you were sent to rescue her.

Upvote 0

Troy Fields

Oct 29, 2015
✟7,892.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I believe that faith contains substances and evidence.....and it is not blind. A mustard seed knows without doubt that it will become a big mustard seed tree and there are no other options. But I encourage you to hold fast to what you believe and ignore anything Ive said.

Your idea of faith seems to be a little bit askew. I guess I have to ask you, I see that you have listed "Pentecostal" as your religion...I am an Assemblies of God minister and I have not seen you say anything that comes close to be orthodox Pentecostal theology.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen that is Hebrews 1:1 the Greek word for faith is pistis and it means to be convinced of the truth of something. However, when you read through Hebrews 11 and put that verse into context, the object of the faith was and always will be God. Some people lived amazing and "overcoming lives" and others were beaten and put to death with the sword. Some received the promise God had given them and some never got to receive the promise...but are now part of that great cloud of witnesses that sees the promise being revealed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but not in the way that you seem to be assuming. In 1 Corinthians 15 Paul says we will not all sleep (die) but we will all be changed. The perishable must put on the impreishable and this mortal must put on immortal.

Jesus did not enter heaven with the same body He had before the crucifixion, He entered heaven with a body that had been glorified. It was still a body...Thomas was able to touch the wounds on His hands and in His side...He still ate...the disciples and Mary were able to hug Him.

Jesus resurrection was a physical one and ours will be too. In that day we will be changed.

I believe that the Bible teaches that in the Pre-Trib Rapture, believers (both alive and dead) will receive new spiritual bodies that will be immortal (similar to the body of angels). John 1:12 says, "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God," "Sons of God" is a reference to angels in the Old Testament. In the Rapture, the saints will be married to Jesus and will then be in Heaven at this point. (Prior before the Rapture, the dead saints were in Paradise or Abraham's Bosom).

In the bodily resurrection of the saints (Which is in two parts):
It will be a physical flesh and blood resurrection. The first phase of the resurrection of the saints takes place sometime before the Millennium (Which is yet future). The second phase of the resurrection of the saints takes place shortly before the Judgment and before believers can be with GOD on the New Earth.

So when the Scriptures say that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God it is talking about Heaven and not the Millennium or the New Earth. The only exception to this rule is Jesus Christ. He is the only One who still has a flesh and blood body and who is able to enter Heaven.

For Jesus says...

"...no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." (John 3:13).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Troy Fields

Oct 29, 2015
✟7,892.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It seems that the visions and dreams coming to pass are what is confusing you? If they're coming to pass they must be visions from God, right? Is there any place in the bible that addresses this scenario? Deut 13:1-3 “If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder comes true, concerning which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods (whom you have not known) and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul."
"Going after other gods" is also attempting to worship God in the way that others worship false gods. God says not to worship Him in their ways but only in the way He has instructed. Saying that Christ was not resurrected bodily was something that the first century church was also having to deal with but Paul said that if Christ is not resurrected from the dead then we have no hope of a resurrection either and our faith has become of no use...but He is resurrected BODILY as well as spiritually. The tomb was empty...no bones. Christ appeared physically to the apostles and many others for 40 days after His resurrection, He ate and drank with them, they touched Him.
Don't let dreams and visions that come true lead you astray, God is testing you and when you pass it and flee from false worship then He will lead you to the one He meant for you, or possibly you were sent to rescue her.

Adding to what danstribe said:

I have two daughters. They are wonderful girls. If you came up to me praising my daughter, I would be very proud of that. However, if you began to tell me how amazing it was that my daughter scored 25 points in a basketball game last week and how graceful she is when she runs, I would kindly tell you that you are mistaken. That is not my daughter. She does not do those things.

If you were to continue praising her athletic prowess and grace, I would stop listening, because you are not talking about my daughter.

This is true of God too...when you worship God through a caricature of Jesus that is not Him at all, you are not worshiping God. You are not giving Him praise at all...it is a false idol that you are praising.

In his book "Kingdom of the Cults" Dr. Walter Martin gave several characteristics of a cult. The first characteristic that is true in every cult is that they have an improper christology. Their idea of who Christ is is wrong. They are worshiping a false god because they are not worshiping the true and risen Christ.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Guys, I need some advice.

I am a Christian and I have seen some people differ in their belief as to exactly what Christians believe. My belief is that your salvation/ever lasting life is obtained through your faith in what Jesus did for us on the cross. That you are saved by faith and faith alone.

Now my problem is that I am in a relationship with a woman for a year and a half. She is Old Apostolic, the religion basically originated in South Africa.

They use the Bible, but they interpret it spiritually. They also go to church 6 days a week including twice on Sunday's. They are very faithful and their religion is held very high.

They also believe that you basically work through faith for your salvation and that is a fundamental difference. The other big difference is that they believe that Jesus was only an example that God sent us to show how to live, he had the gift of Christ in him and we must all strive to live like he did. When Jesus died he rose in the mind of people, so that Christ gift rose and not the physical body of Christ. So that being said they do not believe that Jesus will come again because he already came. They also believe that the Church is the body of Christ and thus when they refer to Jesus/the Son then they refer to the Church.

Before I met her I was single for a long time and asked Jesus to send me a faithful girl to spend my life with. I received exactly what i asked for, well exempt that her belief differs from mine.

I am not sure why it turned out like this and what to do. Why did God put me in this situation?

I have to basically change to their religion if i ever want to marry her btw.

Also they believe in Visions and Dreams and that is the way God speaks to us, the scary thing is that some of the dreams they spoke about actually happens exactly how it was seen. This is the only thing that makes me confused, because why will they get visions and dreams that is exactly to the point of how it was given. God warns them through visions and dreams, it actually makes one think.

I'm Apostolic and I guess Apostolics differ in their beliefs as well. I don't believe the way she does at all. I was taught that Apostolic is a oneness doctrine. Meaning we believe in one God and that we believe in the full Bible ie the Apostles teaching. I was taught Jesus is a manifestation of God but in flesh, and the Holy Ghost is a manifestation of God in Spirit, but is one God. We also believe in infilling of the Holy Ghost speaking in tongues, which I received at age 14. By just praying and repenting and my prayer changed to a language I didn't understand. When I received the Holy Spirit infilling I knew that I knew it was real. After a gift like that no one can tell you it's not it's that amazing. This is part of the reason I stay Apostolic. This is the belief that lead me to Spirit infilling. Without God's Spirit the Bible says we are none of his and thus can't go to heaven without having God's Spirit. I believe all the fruit of the Spirit are evidence of God's infilling as well as speaking in tongues.

The only thing I agree with is Apostolics go to church a lot lol. They really do. I myself don't like going anymore because of personal reasons and being bullied, but I mean the typical apostolic does go like 6 days a week lol. The bible actually warns us of being fooled by our dreams and visions so I don't put as much into dreams and visions as I use to.

I'm really careful with Apostolic/ Pentacostal churches now. I am definitely still Apostolic because believe in the full Bible and the Bible tells us to continue in the Apostles doctrine, but I'm very very careful what Apostolic churches I deal with. I believe because we teach about the Holy Spirit infilling and needing God's Spirit to actually go to heaven that our church is under attack. Apostolic churches preach hardcore about sin and living Holy for God and because of this the enemy seems to come against it very hard. Leaders become corrupt easy and go on power trips abusing the congregation and using talse teachings false tongues and false prophecy. It's very scary. And new Christians can get caught up in the abuse.

Just be careful, don't switch to another denomination just because of a woman. Be honest with what you believe, search the scriptures, and try the Spirit to see if it's of God or not.

Upvote 0

Troy Fields

Oct 29, 2015
✟7,892.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I believe that the Bible teaches that in the Pre-Trib Rapture, believers (both alive and dead) will receive new spiritual bodies that will be immortal (similar to the body of angels). John 1:12 says, "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God," In the Rapture, the saints will be married to Jesus and will then be in Heaven at this point. (Prior before the Rapture, the dead saints were in Paradise or Abraham's Bosom).

In the bodily resurrection of the saints (Which is in two parts):
It will be a physical flesh and blood resurrection. The first phase of the resurrection of the saints takes place sometime before the Millennium (Which is yet future). The second phase of the resurrection of the saints takes place shortly before the Judgment and before believers can be with GOD on the New Earth.

So when the Scriptures say that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God it is talking about Heaven and not the Millennium or the New Earth. The only exception to this rule is Jesus Christ. He is the only One who still has a flesh and blood body and who is able to enter Heaven.

For...

"...no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." (John 3:13).

it is possible that you are correct. The only thing the Bible clearly says on the subject is that we will all be changed. What that change looks like, we do not know. The issue was that there will be a bodily resurrection for all saints, just as there was for Jesus...it was not a spiritual resurrection and it was not an elevated consciousness of Christ...nor will it be. Our bodies will be raised...what happens after that is up to God.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Guys, I need some advice.
Before I met her I was single for a long time and asked Jesus to send me a faithful girl to spend my life with. I received exactly what i asked for, well exempt that her belief differs from mine.

Do you love her?

Upvote 0