Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Can anyone shed any light on this please and also maybe comment on whether or not Abraham was the "first" Jew since he was the Father of the Jews?

Abraham was a descendant of Shem, hence the term Semite. He is called a "Hebrew" in the Bible. It means 'one who has crossed over [the Euphrates.]

As has been pointed out, the term 'Jew' became generic for the survivors of the Babylonian captivity. It is used in the book of Esther.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmnn, i guess this would further complicate things for me because since the world was re-populated from Noah's kids, why would the descendants of brothers be Arab and Caucasian?

Noah had (3) sons, Japeth, Shem, and Ham.

Japeth is considered to be the father of the Caucasian peoples (Europeans).

Shem is considered to be the father of the Semetic peoples (Middle East and Asia).

Ham is considered to be the father of the Hamitic peoples (Africa).

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Guys, I was just looking at a TV show where a guest has created a documentary on the Holocaust and one speaker in the documentary said "the Jews did not kill Christ".

my thinking is the Romans physically killed Christ but it was the Jews who forced it so they were responsible and accountable, your thoughts on this please?
All God's plan for our salvation. There is credit to spread around
for our redemption.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He was referring to some Jews, though not all Jews, because 10-15 million Jews survive today.

Problem is, Todays Jews do not follow the Law of Moses nor do they have any verifiable genetic link to the pre desolation Hebrews. They are a multi ethnic bunch who are either converts, or offspring of Converts to the Post Christian, Man Made religion of the Talmud. They are by no means a Homogenous Group descended from the pre desolation Hebrew Population:
Jewish Race.jpg

I believe that Jesus was speaking of the AD 70 devastation of Jerusalem ...
I agree.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 10:17-18 For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. (18) No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”

Upvote 0