New York City
✟7,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is my first time posting here so forgive me if I have done this wrong. I need some advice on whether I made the right decision: So I've known this girl for a while now, and she and I really like one another, however here's the problem- she's not a believer, and I am. She and I have kissed a few times, but I've now established boundaries for us to remain strictly just friends. I let her know that I can only be yoked with believers and that the only way for us to be together is if she devoted her life to God. I also let her know that if she ever does decide to give her life over to God, that she should do it because she genuinely wants to, not because she wants to be with me. God is the only prize she should be seeking and that if she becomes a believer and we start dating then praise be to the Lord but if we don't date, that she knows that her salvation matters more than a relationship. Did I do the right thing telling her that the only way to a relationship with me is to be in a good relationship with Jesus first?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is my first time posting here so forgive me if I have done this wrong. I need some advice on whether I made the right decision: So I've known this girl for a while now, and she and I really like one another, however here's the problem- she's not a believer, and I am. She and I have kissed a few times, but I've now established boundaries for us to remain strictly just friends. I let her know that I can only be yoked with believers and that the only way for us to be together is if she devoted her life to God. I also let her know that if she ever does decide to give her life over to God, that she should do it because she genuinely wants to, not because she wants to be with me. God is the only prize she should be seeking and that if she becomes a believer and we start dating then praise be to the Lord but if we don't date, that she knows that her salvation matters more than a relationship. Did I do the right thing telling her that the only way to a relationship with me is to be in a good relationship with Jesus first?

Welcome first time poster. You write so well and are so open
about your dilemma it is hard to believe you are new here.

Treat her just as you would wish to be treated
if you were in her shoes.

• Friendly
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

As hard as it is to resist your emotions in the matter, I think you handled it perfectly. You were not only open and honest, but showed wisdom and true devotion to the Lord, which if she had any misunderstandings about before you got married could have led to total disaster in both your lives if you had not spelled things out clearly.

There are multitudes of men out there who loved God but ended up sabotaging their entire lives spiritually by marrying the wrong kind of women, so while this girl might be truly wonderful, be encouraged that you could have just saved the rest of your entire life spiritually by taking the steps that you just did.

Welcome to CF, and I hope you benefit greatly from becoming a member here. :wave:

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did I do the right thing telling her that the only way to a relationship with me is to be in a good relationship with Jesus first?

You know, I wish I had someone that cared so much about my salvation and relationship with God when I was in my teens! Yes! This is absolutely right! :amen::clap:
:yellowheart:

• Friendly
Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

NiqueNique

Sep 14, 2017
Southwest
✟9,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Honestly you did the best you could! I applaud you for your commitment to God. The only thing that would have made it better if you did before the kissing, but I understand haha

Upvote 0