• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Need help with my believe in God

tiredleon

Sep 29, 2023
Saarland
✟445.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
After my girldfriend told me her story, I dont know what to think anymore and I need help.

As information, her whole family doesnt believe in God, except her uncle.
She was often sexually touched by her uncle, who is/was a priest.
She often prayed, but then her cat died and her brother also died when she was 2 years old. She often prayed. She went to church but everything got worse. She nearly lost her whole family after telling them what happened. She also said that there are so many priests who violate children, which is not wrong. No one in her family believes in God, and the one who did it was a priest and touched her sexually.
How do you explain all this? She told me she probably wont ever believe in God the way she used to do. After hearing this my heart hurt, I didnt know what to even say.

tiredleon

Sep 29, 2023
Saarland
✟445.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
It seems you do have a conscience, yes, as God gives us a conscience to 'know' in ourselves what is right and to keep us from doing anything against our conscience , anything wrong.
Religion often may seer a conscience, getting people to do and to accept what is wrong.
When we have a proper conscience, it hurts us, it hurts our heart/soul/mind to see religious folk doing what is harmful and wrong.
Jesus tells us to turn to the Creator, not to men, to the Creator, for HIS Kingdom (HIS Way), IS at hand, even very close to us.
HE provide the healing, the nurturing, the truth, the salvation.
So turn to Him, to His Kingdom, while there is still time.
Sorry but this doesnt help me at all, looks like an answer straight out of ChatGPT.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s ok to hurt it is right. But don’t let your girl friends pain lead you away from Christ. It’s evil what that priest did, very evil. But she has got to forgive which is hard for a molested person. You shouldn’t be ‘unequally yoked’ in a relationship with an unbeliever. She doesn’t know how to handle it in the lord. The Lord want to comfort her and separate her from Catholicism. There’s no explanation, evil is in the world. But there is hope for everyone because of Jesus Christ. He can help her, help her to forgive and give her a new life and healing.

Upvote 0

tiredleon

Sep 29, 2023
Saarland
✟445.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
It’s ok to hurt it is right. But don’t let your girl friends pain lead you away from Christ. It’s evil what that priest did, very evil. But she has got to forgive which is hard for a molested person. You shouldn’t be ‘unequally yoked’ in a relationship with an unbeliever. She doesn’t know how to handle it in the lord. The Lord want to comfort her and separate her from Catholicism. There’s no explanation, evil is in the world. But there is hope for everyone because of Jesus Christ. He can help her, help her to forgive and give her a new life and healing.
How will Jesus help her if she stopped praying and believing? Can I pray for her?

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Evi
Sorry but this doesnt help me at all, looks like an answer straight out of ChatGPT.
Evil is is in the world, and lots of it.

Jesus didn't come to remove the evil, he came to deliver us from the eternal evil, through Holy Spirit faith and trust in him, and to help us in the earthly evil.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
After my girldfriend told me her story, I dont know what to think anymore and I need help.

She often prayed, but then her cat died and her brother also died when she was 2 years old. She often prayed. She went to church but everything got worse. She nearly lost her whole family after telling them what happened. She also said that there are so many priests who violate children, which is not wrong. No one in her family believes in God, and the one who did it was a priest and touched her sexually.
How do you explain all this? She told me she probably wont ever believe in God the way she used to do. After hearing this my heart hurt, I didnt know what to even say.

I'm very sorry to hear that your girlfriend was abused in the way that she was by her uncle. That's a terrible thing. There's really no excuse for why that happened other than that her uncle obviously had some seriously mental health issues, and unfortunately this kind of thing isn't as uncommon as we'd all like it to be. Just as there were corrupted people posing as Christians in the first century, there have been and still are individuals like that today. And sometimes they are in our own families.

There's no answer for this other than to say that I know Jesus loves her and that she (and maybe you along with her) needs to seek professional counseling if you haven't already.

Peace

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Well you state you need help with your belief in God.

Your beliefs, should not be grounded in daily life and how God is or is not working in daily life.
Belief in God should solely rest on the witness of The Bible.

The world is completely corrupt, you will not find a reason to believe in God from the world.

With that stated, belief in God does no one any good for future eternity. Many people believe in God, but will spend eternity in the lake of fire forever separated from The life of God.

What counts is belief in Jesus, believing that Jesus is the resurrection and the life. The promised Messiah, the only begotten Son of God who has came into the world. Believe in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't blame God for what people do... God gave people autonomy, man has responsabilty to listen to God, and get closer to him, you think that 'priest' is endorsed by God?, you see child abuse being endorsed by Jesus?, he said people who corrupt little ones better commit suicide.

Upvote 0