Alabama
✟17,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ive Finally got my life Together with God. My day was going so good I didn’t have any depression anxiety or anything but later today I went on this website and read about someone saying they think that they blashemed the Holy Spirit and basically I read the scriptures and thought to myself the holy spirit isnt evil how could someone think that but i thought that it was but I know for a fact I didn’t mean it . So for example i probaby did just commit without trying to or purposely doing it God wouldn’t forgive because he doesnt lie . What should I do?

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟403,021.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
No, what this means, contrary to popular opinion, is a denial of the regenerating powers of the Holy Spirit. If we deny God's word and promise, then we blaspheme against the Spirit.

If we read the full context (Mark 3:22-28) we can understand that:
1. Whoever blasphemes against the person of Christ and consequently the Father, will be forgiven, through repentance and faith; that is God's grace.

2. However, if anyone rejects God's grace by resisting the work of the Holy Spirit, through continuous rebellion and sin, then they are blaspheming against the saving powers of God.

In a word, if you believe in God, you're not blaspheming against the Holy Spirit. Don't worry, but seek God with thanksgiving and confidence always. :)

Upvote 0

Tatilina

Set apart
May 23, 2012
Alberta
✟23,688.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Only God can know the answer to that. I know many people have their own ideas on what it means to blasphemy the Holy Spirit. All it really takes and as easy as cursing or swearing at the holy spirit. Anything that is considered blasphemous in a spiritual way because the only way to blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is to speak vulgar profanities.

Matthew 12:31-32 NIV

31And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Well it says so right here.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No you did NOT commit that sin. It is a very specific sin that may not even be possible to commit in this day and age.

Mark 3.22 The scribes who came down from Jerusalem were saying, “He is possessed by Beelzebul,” and “He casts out the demons by the ruler of the demons.” 23 And He called them to Himself and began speaking to them in parables, “How can Satan cast out Satan? 24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25 If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. 26 If Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but he is finished! 27 But no one can enter the strong man’s house and plunder his property unless he first binds the strong man, and then he will plunder his house.

28 “Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”— 30 because they were saying, “He has an unclean spirit.”​

To blaspheme the Holy Spirit, you first must have a true miracle from God. And then you have to knowingly lie that it was done by the devil's power instead of by the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

lee11

Nov 10, 2017
melbourne
✟34,951.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ive Finally got my life Together with God. My day was going so good I didn’t have any depression anxiety or anything but later today I went on this website and read about someone saying they think that they blashemed the Holy Spirit and basically I read the scriptures and thought to myself the holy spirit isnt evil how could someone think that but i thought that it was but I know for a fact I didn’t mean it . So for example i probaby did just commit without trying to or purposely doing it God wouldn’t forgive because he doesnt lie . What should I do?

hi

Thats a no, what you described above is not blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

However the enemy will always try and deceive us, and accuse us of something.

Submit to God resist the devil and he will flee. James 4.7

Keep renewing your mind and transforming, and growing in faith and the fruits of the Spirit.

Peace

• Agree
Reactions: miya johns
Upvote 0