Did GOD ORDAIN THE PROTESTANT REFORMATION?

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We would all like the denomination and the local church we attend to be like the Church in Philadelphia, Revelation 3:7-13. but unfortunately few are.

This is what GOD says

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Matthew 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Upvote 0

ExTiff

Oct 1, 2018
Southampton
✟41,282.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This is what GOD says

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Matthew 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

And are you saying that the local church you attend is comprised entirely of people, who you are certain, do all that you have quoted here?

If so you and they must be fortunate indeed. Not only must you be a paragon of virture, but they must all be too. Discipleship for you and all your local church members must be relaxingly effortless.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,164.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Maybe. It is very hard to establish for certain which events in history are the result of a divine intervention and which are simply developments in the predictable course of human events.

The Protestant Reformation certainly looks like the result of divine intervention in that it deals with correcting a church that had lost its way, but on the other hand, the stream of events itself seems sufficient for us to say that this change was almost inevitable.

Many social factors had been leading up to a major change; the whole socio-political order of the Middle Ages was ending at about the same time, to be replaced by something else. It is for that reason that historians say that with the three great epochs in Western history--Ancient, Medieval, and Modern--the line of demarcation between the last two is judged to be ca. 1500.

I believe every thing that happens in the world is prophesy fulfilling as an algorithm moves forward under God's control the reformation is linked to Rev 18:4.

Upvote 0