Did God create germs , viruses and parasites ?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's actually pretty disgusting to think about it . Imagine Jesus washing feet of Peter , then Jesus say to him "you are clean " after washing his feet , meanwhile Peter is being eaten by millions of bacteria who feed on his dead skin which is shed by his body few times a day...Everything close up looks disgusting and has hairs and other stuff inside of it , I'm glad that we don't have better vision .

My Church of the Brethren has feet washing events every year or so it seems.
And back-rubbing tendencies. We know it's odd.

• Haha
Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's actually pretty disgusting to think about it . Imagine Jesus washing feet of Peter , then Jesus say to him "you are clean " after washing his feet , meanwhile Peter is being eaten by millions of bacteria who feed on his dead skin which is shed by his body few times a day...

Everything close up looks disgusting and has hairs and other stuff inside of it , I'm glad that we don't have better vision .

Take a look at your body in a mirror. Of all the cells that make up that body just 43% of them are human. We are not a single organism, we are an entire ecosystem. Evolution might be messy but it works.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Take a look at your body in a mirror. Of all the cells that make up that body just 43% of them are human. We are not a single organism, we are an entire ecosystem. Evolution might be messy but it works.

No thanks I believe I'm not my body but the spirit living inside of it .

Moreover if you believed evolution yourself then you would not make difference between animal cells and human cells because humans are animals according to the theory . By saying 43% are human cells you literally contradict yourself which is quite funny :flatt:

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
No thanks I believe I'm not my body but the spirit living inside of it .

Moreover if you believed evolution yourself then you would not make difference between animal cells and human cells because humans are animals according to the theory . By saying 43% are human cells you literally contradict yourself which is quite funny :flatt:

Human cells are animal cells. But not all animal cells are human cells. No contradiction there at all. It is quite hilarious that your attempt to put me down would backfire so badly.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Human cells are animal cells. But not all animal cells are human cells. No contradiction there at all. It is quite hilarious that your attempt to put me down would backfire so badly.:rolleyes:

Not true , everything evolved from hydrogen according to that theory it's just matter of order of atoms and proportions of atoms in certain cells .

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not true , everything evolved from hydrogen according to that theory it's just matter of order of atoms and proportions of atoms in certain cells .

Now you are confusing the theory of evolution with the big bang theory. Instead of trying so hard to put me down, why not just say that you disagree instead of a tedious debate on semantics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Now you are confusing the theory of evolution with the big bang theory. Instead of trying so hard to put me down, why just say that you disagree instead of a tedious debate on semantics.

What else did you expect posting evolution in creation section of the forum , it's not theistic evolution section of forum :234:

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
What else did you expect posting evolution in creation section of the forum , it's not theistic evolution section of forum :234:

Actually I am convinced that the BBT and the ToE is how creation is taking place.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope
21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.
22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.

17 And to Adam he said,
“Because you have listened to the voice of your wife
and have eaten of the tree
lof which I commanded you,
‘You shall not eat of it,’
cursed is the ground because of you;
in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life;
for you are dust,
and to dust you shall return.”
The powers of nature became hostile to man. Man has a body destined to end in death after sin. The flesh is obedient to the law of survival. Just like all the other animals that weren't suitable to be his help meet. The animals are now hostile to man. The earth isn't a cozy womb preparing human life for eternity. But that's a change in man. Humankind was supposed to lift creation up out of decay. It still will but God has to do it for us. Notice it's still waiting even though Jesus resurrected? It's waiting for us. Profound transition from life to death.

Romans 7:21

21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do what is good, evil lies close at hand. 22 For I delight in the law of God in my inmost self, 23 but I see in my members another law at war with the law of my mind, making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Notice too, creation isn't suffering a consequence. It was subjected. It was willed this way not a consequence of a mistake. Who could will such a thing? Only God. What can subject the entire creation willfully?It was subjected in hope. Man wasn't subjected in hope. No. It wasn't hope that made us sin. If it was our sin that caused creation to be subject to decay it wouldn't be subjected in hope. It would be a victim of tragedy.

Also, good theology doesn't ignore empirical evidence. Like Augustine said we can't ignore evidence that is so certain that it is common knowledge. Evidence that is solid that anyone denying it is ignorant. He said to abandon the theology and seek the Truth. It's found in that passage. No where does it even hint at man being the cause. Decay before man is that. Good thing Paul told us what was up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,017.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Somebody who does not believe God from the Bible made argument that "why would loving God of the Bible create parasite which is living inside eyeball ? "

You could answer him that it was due to God cursing the earth after Adam sin but what did parasites eat before the fall ? Were there germs on everything before fall ? Are germs animals ?

Couldn't God just not create parasites which live inside of eyeball or in brain slowly eating it from inside ?

What did Cymothoa exigua eat before fall ?

What did these larva eat before the curse ? They feed of blood and live in muscles .

Did Noah take germs,viruses and parasites with him on ark ?
Do you think that when Jesus returns he will remove these germs , viruses and parasites ?

I understand that there are useful germs which help for example termite gut microbes . Were all germs helpfull before fall ?
How parasite eating eyeball can be called "very good " by God on day 7 ?

The reason why such horrible things exist is biblically clear. We are broken biological organisms living in a broken ecosystem. A combination of fall, flood and the meddling of fallen angels means that we no longer know what perfect looks like. The regenerative capacities we had at creation and the perfect environment in which we lived are lost to us. Organisms that interpenetrate our own existence and to which we are exposed are now very often predators that see us as prey rather than friends with whom we live in perfect harmony. The bible vision is of a time when the lion will lie down with the lamb but we await the Messiah and his reign for the big fix that we really need. Very often our attempts to fix the problem become part of the problem. We need a new wisdom if we are to make the best of our situations and arguably Big Business and Government are very often in the way of the development of the tools we actually need now.

Human solutions revolve around:

1. Drugs,
  2. Ointments,
  3. Surgical interventions,
  4. Gene Editing (e.g. CRISPR),
  5. Balanced and helpful Exercise programmes,
  6. Better nutrition( we became meat eaters because the preflood ecosystem was destroyed and the new world could not support our nutritional needs)
  7. better understanding of what a balanced and healthy life might look like (e.g. avoiding harmful sunlight radiation, avoiding toxins, disease management, basic hygiene, avoiding predatory organisms, diverse exercise).

Very often the primary actors involved in fixing our health issues are not that helpful:

1. Big Pharma: Wants shorter testing cycles to reduce development costs, wants commoditized solutions that it can sell for profit and is inclined to recommend the solutions it makes most money from.
  2. Food Industry: what is tasty sells but may not be healthy. There are no market driven checks and balances to the basic profit motive and governments are reluctant to tax or regulate personal food choices.
  3. Government: Wants standard solutions to complex and unique problems, has not supported adequate sports programmes in schools or in exercise facilities for later life, needs to adjust its education curriculum to include more nutritional, exercise and lifestyle advice (the problem is this is all too often loaded with politically correct rubbish about sex or weighted to experts).
  4. The individual: is mainly unaware or deliberately blind to the ways in which they are killing themselves through substance abuse, poor diet, poor exercise, sun exposure, inadequate hygiene etc

• Winner
Reactions: Chinchilla
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So much we dont know.. or at least that I don't. All good things come from God. Now the enemy has wil take what God has done and twist it. As far as I know and have read our enemy can not create. So he takes what God has made and twists it to evil. Yet look at all MAN has done. There is SO MUCH of this we did. The combination of all the stuff we made put together.. not good. Them some NOT HERE..then blame God for it.

ALL not some good some bad.. but ALL GOOD things come from God. He NEVER speaks evil or negative...ever. Everything He does is GOOD. Everything He made is ALIVE. He can not create death. Like all this from the start. He never made nor had a hand in. This sin was FOUND in Satan. ALL of this is what happens when GOD is taken out. As I see it

Upvote 0

scottyp588

Resident of the Cosmos
Feb 22, 2011
Bolivia
✟11,611.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Somebody who does not believe God from the Bible made argument that "why would loving God of the Bible create parasite which is living inside eyeball ? "

You could answer him that it was due to God cursing the earth after Adam sin but what did parasites eat before the fall ? Were there germs on everything before fall ? Are germs animals ?

Couldn't God just not create parasites which live inside of eyeball or in brain slowly eating it from inside ?

What did these larva eat before the curse ? They feed of blood and live in muscles .

Do you think that when Jesus returns he will remove these germs , viruses and parasites ?

I understand that there are useful germs which help for example termite gut microbes . Were all germs helpfull before fall ?

The Ark is a hard story to get behind so I doubt it started there. And God is the only creator so he had to create everything. He also made man knowing that he would end up killing a large amount of them on his own and still called it good so...yeah. I guess he created the bad stuff too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

You need to stop worrying about earthly things and start to concentrate in things of the kingdom of heaven.

With the understanding you do have, as I read is high, very high to temp others into debate, you need to look into the love of God and helping others be saved by the holy spirit and by God.

I see the devil distracting intelligent people with things that dont matter, then to save them.

Our mission is to save others to Jesus who by the way heals all people who have faith from any earthly germs .

Upvote 0

LWH

Jul 3, 2018
Independence
✟15,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That depends on your concept of god. If one sees god as a transcendent, sentient, person with human-like emotions, then the question can seem a bit perplexing. Yet if one sees god as the personification of energy then germs, viruses, and parasites are only aspects of god (energy) just like any other part of this our reality.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
So, no specific cures, just conspiracy theories
Plenty of history on the AMA illegally shutting down legitimate medical businesses and bullying them out of business or the country. So a conspiracy, yes, theory, no.

Probably they don't worry so much about the ones left, as those mostly are quacks and not going to eat into their cancer profits.

Upvote 0

Clint Edwards

Site Supporter
Jun 15, 2016
Slome, Arizona
✟8,727.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The AMA illegall
Plenty of history on the AMA illegally shutting down legitimate medical businesses and bullying them out of business or the country. So a conspiracy, yes, theory, no.

Probably they don't worry so much about the ones left, as those mostly are quacks and not going to eat into their cancer profits.
"The AMA illegally shutting down legitimate medical businesses". How does that work ? I know a little about the law, and your statement doesn';t make any sense.

Upvote 0