Did God create germs , viruses and parasites ?

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Somebody who does not believe God from the Bible made argument that "why would loving God of the Bible create parasite which is living inside eyeball ? "

You could answer him that it was due to God cursing the earth after Adam sin but what did parasites eat before the fall ? Were there germs on everything before fall ? Are germs animals ?

Couldn't God just not create parasites which live inside of eyeball or in brain slowly eating it from inside ?

What did Cymothoa exigua eat before fall ?

What did these larva eat before the curse ? They feed of blood and live in muscles .

Did Noah take germs,viruses and parasites with him on ark ?
Do you think that when Jesus returns he will remove these germs , viruses and parasites ?

I understand that there are useful germs which help for example termite gut microbes . Were all germs helpfull before fall ?
How parasite eating eyeball can be called "very good " by God on day 7 ?

Last edited:

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If i had to guess these things didn't exist before the flood. You've heard of probiotics right? Good bacteria. I have pretty much accepted the firmament around earth pre flood theory where everything was like being in a hyperbolic chamber. You know when a snake is habitated in a hyperbolic chamber it's no longer venomous? Now that's remarkable!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
During the pre-flood era, fallen angels messed around with cross-species creation of strange and wicked creatures. Monsters, etc. I believe that it was during this period that many viruses, germs, wicked creatures, parasites, etc came into being. I suppose I cannot fully prove this... but there seems to be circumstantial evidence in Genesis 6 as well as Enoch, Jasher, and other literature.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Somebody who does not believe God from the Bible made argument that "why would loving God of the Bible create parasite which is living inside eyeball ? "

You could answer him that it was due to God cursing the earth after Adam sin but what did parasites eat before the fall ? Were there germs on everything before fall ? Are germs animals ?

Couldn't God just not create parasites which live inside of eyeball or in brain slowly eating it from inside ?

What did these larva eat before the curse ? They feed of blood and live in muscles .

Do you think that when Jesus returns he will remove these germs , viruses and parasites ?

I understand that there are useful germs which help for example termite gut microbes . Were all germs helpfull before fall ?
Yes, germs were helpful before the fall.
They are actually still helpful, but people are not told what the truth is - the germs "clean up" when there is unhealthy / damaged tissue basically, they do not cause the unhealthy tissue or damage.
The problem is that this is not "profitable" to the sickness industry, so they deny it, and promote millions of practices (it seems) that feed off people's unwarranted fears of germs , etc etc etc ,
as a major deceptive means of unbelievable profits the world system encourages and supports since 1902 and earlier. Germs may be responsible for some things , but not nearly as much as they are blamed for. This makes for a wonderful and difficult study for anyone with access to the information that proves pasteur was a liar and profit-monger, and the industry chose to endorse him instead of encouraging the doctors and scientists who were being honest.....

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The Creation week likely describes the construction of Paradise rather than our Cosmos.
Remember that man was removed from Paradise and never allowed back in.
So this is not that place.

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Creation week likely describes the construction of Paradise rather than our Cosmos.
If you read the creation story carefully, God made Adam then planted Him in the garden, and then continued to create more creatures and plants with Adam there. The flood destroyed the paradise earth.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I Don't think that you can explain it this way, you have two creation stories in Genesis , one describing the world In chapter 1 and the second one describing the creation inside of paradise in chapter 2.

For example in first chapter birds are made out of water and in the second chapter birds are made out of ground .

But both are finished day 7

Upvote 0

Adi-Buddha

Jul 2, 2018
New York City
✟9,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

The Creator produced everything including the microbes and other parasites for the purpose of ecological balance. Some say that it is a cruelty of God's part -- people die because of this "flaw in creation". But God also provide the means of curing all parasite-related illnesses. It is left to the people to develop all medications necessary to neutralize microbes and viruses.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

Before the fall entities did not need to consume energy, because they weren't actively dying. We are decaying structures of organic material; all of us have to consume energy in order to prolong the inevitable (complete death.)

Just like how after the fall humans have no idea what is considered food (or right), the lesser order of creatures follow our confused and carnal lead.

Of course there are other ways to gather, store and metabolize energy other than feeding off of flesh and other life. However, when some have to make the energetic decision between using calories to digest exceptional nutrients from low-calorie sources, or exploiting marginal nutrients already digested (meat,) those entities may readily choose the meat.

Reactions: Clint Edwards
Upvote 0

Adi-Buddha

Jul 2, 2018
New York City
✟9,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, I am new to this group and I have not figured out yet how the posting works. I am reposting my reply to the original post here.

The Creator produced everything including the microbes and other parasites for the purpose of ecological balance. Some say that it is a cruelty on God's part -- people die because of this "flaw in creation". But God also provided the means of curing all parasite-related illnesses. It is left to the people to develop all medications necessary to neutralize microbes and viruses.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you read Deuteronomy 28, the entire chapter, God uses disease and many different causes of death to punish sin. Or he withholds it for obedience. I believe he created everything including germs for this reason. He withheld it from Adam in the Garden, and unleashed it when he sinned. And in the case of OT Israel, he used disease in judgement for wickedness, and he withdrew it when people feared and obeyed him.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

From my understanding germs, parasites, bacteria, worms etc. were part of God’s plans for his environment (exosystem), but after the fall the whole creation got out of place.

Many of the sicknesses and viruses you see today are actually man made.

About God saying “very good”, I think there’s something way more deeper behind that because the Bible talks about God resting on day 7 and how we are to enter that rest as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you read Deuteronomy 28, the entire chapter, God uses disease and many different causes of death to punish sin. Or he withholds it for obedience. I believe he created everything including germs for this reason. He withheld it from Adam in the Garden, and unleashed it when he sinned. And in the case of OT Israel, he used disease in judgement for wickedness, and he withdrew it when people feared and obeyed him.

Your post remind me of manna which turned into maggots the next day.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe bacteria and microscopic animals were part of Creation. Notice that most of them are actually beneficial. After the Fall, many of them became hostile just as many larger creatures became hostile.

Viruses, though. I don't know about viruses. From what I've read, first, there are no beneficial viruses. The best that can be said about viruses is that the ones that don't kill you cause your system to develop immunity against those that do.

A virus compared to the least complex bacteria is like comparing a child's paper airplane to the SR-71.

A virus doesn't even show signs of being life until it takes possession of another living cell, replaces the nucleus of that cell with its own, and then uses that cell's body for its own reproductive function. In other words, a virus lives like a demon--it must take possession of "real" life to reproduce.

There are even atheist secular biologists who wonder if viruses aren't completely out of the lineage of Earth's evolution, and may have come to earth aboard meteorites

I'm not sure that viruses aren't Satan's attempt at creation--crude devices that live by possessing God's creation.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From my understanding germs, parasites, bacteria, worms etc. were part of God’s plans for his environment (exosystem), but after the fall the whole creation got out of place.

Many of the sicknesses yand viruses you see today are actually man made.

About God saying “very good”, I think there’s something way more deeper behind that because the Bible talks about God resting on day 7 and how we are to enter that rest as well.

That's it, except the extra bit in the center isn't helpful unless you rephrase it to be about the fall causing us to lose paradise. Suppose mankind made 100 viruses. That would be on the order of about 1/100 of 1% of viruses (~0.00001) that infect just mammals (much less the broader group of all viruses).

More generally, for all who believe God made all that is, this absolutely means God created nature and thus all the basis of nature -- chemistry.

If He created, He created chemistry.

And it works, since it's His.

So, since He created chemistry and it works, we don't have to think God had to then design each individual of 1,000,000 viruses, etc.) Because God already made Nature to work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I always believed God created everything and often wondered why he would make things that are unpleasant. I became open to the idea that God has a purpose for everything and that nothing is arbitrary or for bad. Once I accepted that I began looking for the good in the "bad" creations.

I find it fascinating how scientists are now using some these "bad" things for the benefit of humanity. An example is that wasps venom is being studied to treat cancer. Wasps are a trigger for me because I had an allergic reaction when I was a small child. I grew up terrified of anything that stings. I'm still nervous around them, but I have a respect and appreciation of what God created.

Corrie Ten Boon wrote about how God had used fleas to keep guards away from them during imprisonment in a concentration camp.

Upvote 0

Clint Edwards

Site Supporter
Jun 15, 2016
Slome, Arizona
✟8,727.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I believe bacteria and microscopic animals were part of Creation. Notice that most of them are actually beneficial. After the Fall, many of them became hostile just as many larger creatures became hostile.

Viruses, though. I don't know about viruses. From what I've read, first, there are no beneficial viruses. The best that can be said about viruses is that the ones that don't kill you cause your system to develop immunity against those that do.

A virus compared to the least complex bacteria is like comparing a child's paper airplane to the SR-71.

A virus doesn't even show signs of being life until it takes possession of another living cell, replaces the nucleus of that cell with its own, and then uses that cell's body for its own reproductive function. In other words, a virus lives like a demon--it must take possession of "real" life to reproduce.

There are even atheist secular biologists who wonder if viruses aren't completely out of the lineage of Earth's evolution, and may have come to earth aboard meteorites

I'm not sure that viruses aren't Satan's attempt at creation--crude devices that live by possessing God's creation.
Good point about viruses. By the standard describing life, they aren't alive.

After the fall, when satan became the prince of this world, he tweaked everything as far as possible.

His purpose ? To make bad what God had made good. He did a whale of a job with humans, so good, that only the death of The Son of God and his resurrection could undo it.

• Useful
Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The killer bees were brought about by scientist in South America cross breeding different bees. The result has become very frightening.
Likewise why would anyone think or believe that big industry is interested in good inexpensive health for all people ? Mankind/ corporations simply don't care for people, but for money.
The bogus direction 'science' claims in 'looking' for cncr cures when the cures were already proven and known well before 1950 is a good example of mankind's perniciousness for profit.

Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

There are even those who deny the existence of viruses - this makes sense to me. I read that a virus has never been isolated and viewed under an electron-microscope, *and* proven to produce the symptoms associated with said virus when injected into a test subject. That is, if its never been isolated, it could well be something else producing the symptoms - and this is nothing new - we know bacteria and poisons under some conditions can produce illness, or, if the alleged virus ever is demonstrably isolated under the electron microscope, its unable to produce the illness conditions that the virus is said to produce (therefore, its not the "virus" we're looking for).

My theory is that "viruses" are produced by living things - either the organisms being attacked, or the organisms attacking, but they are in no ways the primary cause of an illness.

• Informative
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0