✟909,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The "earth evolved"?

At some point you are going to have to realize that mankind doesn't have a clue to
how things got here. Planets do not simply "evolve" and neither does life. Life comes
from life.

If your "source of truth" is the Bible -then God created the world and all life on it in 6 literal days.

If your "source of truth" is blind-faith-evolutionism then "a bacteria will sure-enough turn into a rabbit over time given a sufficiently talented bacteria - and also a sufficiently long and talented length of time filled with improbable just-so stories"

Pick one.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
2 Tim 3:16 "ALL scripture is given by inspiration from God AND is to be used for doctrine"

2 Peter 1:19-21 -- "
19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."

The claim that God wrote the Bible is the false claim.

Quoting "you" again?

Any atheist can argue that they imagine that 2 Tim 3:16 and 2Peter 1:20-21 are wrong -- I think we can all agree to that.

LoL! One would have to wait 1,500 years for the author of Timothy to give their personal opinion that implies God wrote the scripture. But people outside of bilidolitry know that's not true due to the enormous errors.

Out of curiosity - is there any part of the Bible you actually "believe" or is it "Urantia book evolution" all the way??

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
2 Tim 3:16 "ALL scripture is given by inspiration from God AND is to be used for doctrine"

19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."

Quoting "you" again?

Any atheist can argue that they imagine that 2 Tim 3:16 and 2Peter 1:20-21 are wrong -- I think we can all agree to that.

Out of curiosity - is there any part of the Bible you actually "believe" or is it "Urantia book evolution" all the way??
Yes, I believe the truer parts of the Bible books and I believe the people who wrote the Bibe believed things about the ancient world.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I believe the truer parts of the Bible books and I believe the people who wrote the Bibe believed things about the ancient world.

Is there any thing in the Bible you can identify as "true"???

How about what the Bible says about the "Gospel" is that true in your view?

So no - Bible creation.
And no - Bible virgin birth.
And no - Resurrection of Christ.
And no - bodily ascension of Christ.
And no - validity in what Paul or the OT says ...

What do you have left??

I may as well quote myself, the Bible authors quoted their own largely fictional story.

A lot of atheists do say that same thing.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Is there any thing in the Bible you can identify as "true"???

How about what the Bible says about the "Gospel" is that true in your view?

So no - Bible creation.
And no - Bible virgin birth.
And no - Resurrection of Christ.
And no - bodily ascension of Christ.
And no - validity in what Paul or the OT says ...

What do you have left??

A lot of atheists do say that same thing.
I have already answered some of these things and professed my faith in Jesus Christ. Either you don't read my post, are not honest, have a poor memory or you are trying to pigeonhole me as an atheist like you do with anyone who doesn't believe all the SDA indoctrination.

* As I have stated on a number of occasions I believe in the original Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven that Jesus tried to induct the Jews into. Paul's Gospel was his own uneducated opinion, he never knew Jesus in the flesh.

* As I already told you many times, I believe life was created, placed in the shallow, briny, ancient seas on earth and subsequently evolved into life as we know it today.

* As I also told you before, the incarnation of the creator Son into the person of Marys baby (conceived the natural way by Mary and her husband Joseph) was the miracle of miracles. The virgin birth story didn't come from Jesus, it came from the same culture who gave us the December 25th date of Jesus birthday as well as the Easter bunny and Mary worship.

* As I already told your thick head, Jesus laid down his life and took it up again as he said he would.

* As I already told you, Jesus returned to his rightful place on high, poring out his spirit upon all flesh.

* I follow Jesus not Paul. I don't put much stock in the self important, inconsistent, exaggerated history of the people who rejected and killed the Son of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have already answered some of these things and professed my faith in Jesus Christ.

What Jesus Christ? The one in the Bible? virgin birth, dies for the sins of the world, raised himself from the dead, ascended to heaven?

* As I have stated on a number of occasions I believe in the original Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven that Jesus tried to induct the Jews into.

Something in the actual Bible ?? or just more "Urantia"??

Paul's Gospel was his own uneducated opinion, he never knew Jesus in the flesh.

So do you agree that you do not believe in Paul's "Jesus Christ"??

* As I already told you many times, I believe life was created, placed in the shallow, briny, ancient seas on earth and subsequently evolved into life as we know it today.

Does the Bible say that or... just more Urantia??

* As I also told you before, the incarnation of the creator Son into the person of Marys baby (conceived the natural way by Mary and her husband Joseph)

Is that what the Bible says or is that the "Jesus Christ of Urantia"?

The virgin birth story didn't come from Jesus, it came from the same culture who gave us the December 25th date

Not according to the Bible - so here again we have more "Urantia Jesus"???

* As I already told your thick head, Jesus laid down his life and took it up again as he said he would.

Jesus raised himself from the dead in your view?

is that what science says that dead people can do -- in your view?

* As I already told you, Jesus returned to his rightful place on high, poring out his spirit upon all flesh.

So Jesus floated himself up to heaven 40 days after bodily raising himself from the dead? IS that what science says dead people can do in your view?

Or are you arguing that the Bible is right even when it is beyond science to duplicate the historic event the Bible describes?

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What Jesus Christ? The one in the Bible? virgin birth, dies for the sins of the world, raised himself from the dead, ascended to heaven?

Something in the actual Bible ?? or just more "Urantia"??

So do you agree that you do not believe in Paul's "Jesus Christ"??

Does the Bible say that or... just more Urantia??

Is that what the Bible says or is that the "Jesus Christ of Urantia"?

Not according to the Bible - so here again we have more "Urantia Jesus"???

Jesus raised himself from the dead in your view?

is that what science says that dead people can do -- in your view?

So Jesus floated himself up to heaven 40 days after bodily raising himself from the dead? IS that what science says dead people can do in your view?

Or are you arguing that the Bible is right even when it is beyond science to duplicate the historic event the Bible describes?

in Christ,

Bob

* The books used to create the bible fetish say conflicting things, they were written by holy men not God.

* Yes, the Bible says Jesus taught a gospel.....but Paul's gospel overwhelmed the original which can be seen in the same Bible books.

* I believe in Jesus, not Paul's opinion of him having never met or been taught by Jesus. Jesus' religion was about faith in the Father, doing his will. Paul's religion is about Jesus dying as a human sacrifice.

* Show us where Jesus said his mother was a virgin. I wont hold my breath.

* “What sign can You show us to prove Your authority to do these things.” 19Jesus answered, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again.” He did and you are wrong.

* Science has no way of analyzing what Jesus did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If the flood did not produce the fossil record, then what did in context of a young earth view? I have heard it said that God could have created coal when He formed the world. But coal comes from organic remains, pressurized over long periods of time. Also, coal seams contain fossils, such as the imprints of leaves and other organic structures. If God created this, he is essentially making detailed evidence of something alive that never lived. Would God do this?

The scriptures weren't intended to promote a young earth view.
They could have just plainly said so, if that were the case.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
If the flood did not produce the fossil record, then what did in context of a young earth view? I have heard it said that God could have created coal when He formed the world. But coal comes from organic remains, pressurized over long periods of time. Also, coal seams contain fossils, such as the imprints of leaves and other organic structures. If God created this, he is essentially making detailed evidence of something alive that never lived. Would God do this?

The answer is simple. God's "Days" (Heb-yowm-period of time) are much longer than previously thought. Christians have been telling the creation story, by Faith, for thousands of years. In Scriptural fact, we are STILL in the 6th Day since God is STILL creating Adam (Heb-mankind) in His Image or in Christ Spiritually. Gen 1:27

Therefore, since God has but 6 Days or periods of time in His creation, the beginning was less than 6 Days ago. Young Earthers have been telling us the Truth all along. In 6 Days, God creates the perfect 3rd Heaven, and fills it with it's complete host of Christians AFTER Jesus returns to our Earth, to fulfill the prophecy of Gen 1:28-31. The next verse confirms this:

Gen 2:1Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, (brought to perfection) and ALL the host of them.

The 3rd Heaven will NOT be complete until the last sinner is saved and is added to the host of God's perfect Heaven, a future event. YEC think the beginning was 6k years ago when in fact, it was just 6 Days ago, in God's time. Amen?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

Quoting "you" again?

Neither Peter nor Paul assert that God wrote the Bible, only that He inspired it--in Peter's words, parts of it anyway.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Neither Peter nor Paul assert that God wrote the Bible, only that He inspired it--in Peter's words, parts of it anyway.
Good point, the doings of God has inspired the speculations of men. It was church government that asserted divine authorship. The bullied become bullies.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

The word "inspired" in Greek means "God breathed". God, the Holy Spirit "moved" the men who penned the words from inside them. He breathed His Truth to mortal men and that is why no one can refute His Holy Word.

2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The only thing "holy" about Humans is the Holy Spirit inside them. Can ANYONE tell us HOW to become a Christian apart from "according to the Scriptures"?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Paul says of the OT - "The Holy Spirit says"
Peter said - 20 But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, 21 for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

Jesus says -- "Word of God" = "Commandment of God" = "Moses said" Mark 7:6-13

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
* The books used to create the bible fetish say conflicting things, they were written by holy men not God.

That you "quoting you"

But in the actual Bible the "Truth" is
2 Peter 1 20 But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, 21 for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

All you have is "Urantia says" or else "I just made up" - when rejecting the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That you "quoting you"

But in the actual Bible the "Truth" is
2 Peter 1 20 But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, 21 for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

All you have is "Urantia says" or else "I just made up" - when rejecting the Bible.

What I have is a mind liberated from church indoctrination. I can see the flaws of the Bible books, but a person indoctrinated can never admit to such flaws especially when they've been convinced that God will burn them in a lake of fire for an eternity. So I take you quoting holy men who were quoting themselves with a grain of salt.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Paul says of the OT - "The Holy Spirit says"
Peter said - 20 But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, 21 for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

Peter and Paul were men not Gods.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The word "inspired" in Greek means "God breathed". God, the Holy Spirit "moved" the men who penned the words from inside them. He breathed His Truth to mortal men and that is why no one can refute His Holy Word.
So theopneustos means produced by Plenary Verbal Inspiration? You lost me on that one. In fact, the underlying Greek merely translates as "inspired" with about the same range of possible meanings as attach to the word in English.

2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The only thing "holy" about Humans is the Holy Spirit inside them. Can ANYONE tell us HOW to become a Christian apart from "according to the Scriptures"?
One generally becomes a Christian by hearing the Gospel preached. Isn't that what Jesus told us to do? "Preach the Gospel" not "Hand them a copy of a magic book what my daddy wrote."

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
So theopneustos means produced by Plenary Verbal Inspiration? You lost me on that one. In fact, the underlying Greek merely translates as "inspired" with about the same range of possible meanings as attach to the word in English.

One generally becomes a Christian by hearing the Gospel preached. Isn't that what Jesus told us to do? "Preach the Gospel" not "Hand them a copy of a magic book what my daddy wrote."

Can you tell us what the Gospel of Jesus is and HOW one finds the faith to believe it?

BTW, pnoe refers to breath, which in the context of the verse which says "inspiration", reads:

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration (breath) of God,

The Holy Spirit is like the wind and is the breath of God (Theos, "God," pneo, "to breathe") and He moved holy men to pen the words He breathed unto them from inside them. 2Pe 1:21

Jesus explains:>>Jhn 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

The only thing "
holy" about men is the Holy Spirit inside them. Amen?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Can you tell us what the Gospel of Jesus is and HOW one finds the faith to believe it?
You mean you don't know? But don't forget, you are conversing with someone who believes the doctrine of Sola Scriptura to be a grievous error.

BTW, pnoe refers to breath, which in the context of the verse which says "inspiration", reads:

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration (breath) of God,

The Holy Spirit is like the wind and is the breath of God (Theos, "God," pneo, "to breathe") and He moved holy men to pen the words He breathed unto them from inside them. 2Pe 1:21

Jesus explains:>>Jhn 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

The only thing "
holy" about men is the Holy Spirit inside them. Amen?
That still does not add up to Plenary Verbal Inspiration. There are too many holes in your argument. For example, Peter is referring to prophecy, and the Bible is not entirely prophecy. In any case, he speaks of the inspiration of the Prophets themselves, not the text.

Last edited:
Upvote 0