✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Sodom was a gentile city and was judged...many other examples
Yes. God heard a great cry, went down to see if the cry of it were as he heard. The avenger of blood, just like with Abel. The blood of the righteous dead, There were not even 10 left in the city.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This has nothing to do with this conversation.

We are talking about the rest as the new covenant speaks in the Book of Hebrews.

No it is not. It clearly speaks of the rest of dwelling safely in their inheritance. It was a shadow of the of God's sabbath rest from all the works he created on the seventh day. It is the "Another day later spoken of in David......

EXAMPLES, SHADOWS.

Im not stuck on earthly worldly shadows, nor is Hebrews
Hebrews doesn't say what you think it does.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hebrews doesn't say what you think it does.
Oh really?
Ps 95:8 Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
10 Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
11 Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

Those that wandered forty years did not enter his rest..... Yet the Sinai Sabbath law at Sinai was already been given.... and was kept/entered into years before... Yet forty years later they were prevented from entry.....

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh really?
Ps 95:8 Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
10 Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
11 Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

Those that wandered forty years did not enter his rest..... Yet the Sinai Sabbath law at Sinai was already been given.... and was kept/entered into years before... Yet forty years later they were prevented from entry.....
First, the 7th day Sabbath isn't mentioned in the text you quoted.
Secondly, the Hebrew word for rest in verse 11 is only used 21 times. And in it's use we see two times that it is being used in the same context.

In Deut 12:9 where it states that they have yet to come to the rest.
"For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you."

Deut 12:10 But when ye go over Jordan, and dwell in the land which the LORD your God giveth you to inherit, and when he giveth you rest from all your enemies round about, so that ye dwell in safety;

And in 1Kgs 8:56 where it states that the Lord gave rest unto His people Israel.

"Blessed be the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.?

Most Bibles have footnotes for that verse in Psalms. If one looks at the footnote one will see that the verse in question can and probably should be translated thusly.
Ps 95:11 Where I swore in My anger, “If they come into My rest—!”

And lastly, when the writer in Hebrews 3 paraphrase that text he tells us who did not enter into the rest to which he speaks.

So who didn't according to the text? Those who sinned, the disobedient due to their unfaithfulness.

Heb 3:17 And against whom was God provoked for forty years? Was it not those who sinned, whose dead bodies fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And to whom did he swear they would never enter into his rest, except those who were disobedient?
Heb 3:19 So we see that they could not enter because of unfaithfulness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Really?
What's this?
Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. (quote ps. 95:11)
6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Clearly it is speaking of "Gods rest" in the beginning on the seventh day.

Secondly, the Hebrew word for rest in verse 11 is only used 21 times. And in it's use we see two times that it is being used in the same context.
See above.
5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

And clearly referencing The rest spoken of in Joshua.

A shadow of the rest spoken By David......

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not an sda and you posted nothing objective in your post that proves anything. Take care…
Point taken - you are not building a Seventh Day Adventist Church.

I've been away from the Forum for a few days.
The amount of fleshly logic and natural man twistings of Scripture on
this 4th commandment issue from of a number of people to exalt a commandment
over the Son of God has been spiritually deadening.

There is objective truth in what I wrote.
You just don't like it.

For if a law had been given which was able to give life, righteousness would have indeed been of law. (Gal. 3:21b)

On you way out before you shut the door on me, give me a reason why the 4th law about keeping Sabbath on the 7th day
should be a big exception to this objective truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because no where does it state in the Torah we are to only eat Vegetables or herbs and verse 1 which sets the context outright tells us it is about opinions .
It doesn't make a tiny bit of difference to the apostle's admonition whether the Torah is or is not involved in
the Christian's desire to eat only vegatables.

Whether the Christian so practices vegetarianism because sacred or secular reasons, makes no difference.
Whether the Christian was influenced by the Torah or by "Better Homes and Gardens" makes no difference.
Whether he carried his believe over from some Pagan discipline or decided it was just the best way to eat, makes no difference.

Now him who is weak in faith receive, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his considerations.

One believes that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables.

He who eats, let him not despise him who does not eat; and he who does not eat, let him not judge him who eats, for God has received him.

God has received him into the Body of Christ with his practice.
You who know better (or believe you do) receive him.
And he should receive you another member of the Body of Christ.

The identical same priniciple holds with special days, including any Sabbath.

But we who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those who are weak and not to please ourselves.
Let each of us please his neighbor with a view to what is good for building up. (Rom. 15:1,2)

Therefore receive one another, as Christ also received you to the glory of God.(v.7)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Point taken - you are not an building a Seventh Day Adventist Church.

I've been away from the Forum for a few days.
The amount of fleshly logic and natural man twistings of Scripture on
this 4th commandment issue from of a number of people to exalt a commandment
over the Son of God has been spiritually deadening.

There is objective truth in what I wrote.
You just don't like it.

For if a law had been given which was able to give life, righteousness would have indeed been of law. (Gal. 3:21b)

On you way out before you shut the door on me, give me a reason why the 4th law about keeping Sabbath on the 7th day
should be a big exception to this objective truth.
Romans 14 not Galatians

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As was shown the context is in respect to arguing over opinions not God's word.
Ie.
Arguing over whether a fellow member in the church life should restrict his diet or not.
Arguing over whether a fellow member in the church life should regard a particular day more special or not.

I showed it and perhaps you have come around now to realize the main purpose of the exhortations.

Do you now have an answer for this question - Why should the 4th law be an exception to
the apostle's revelation that no law was given that was able to give divine life?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As was shown the context is in respect to arguing over opinions not God's word.
I don't know HIM. This seems like some strange face saving addition.

The opinions by which one brother would judge another could be
about practices based on the Scripture or not.

You're trying to salvage a theory that has been shown as faulty - "This has not to do with the Sabbath because . . . . . "
No adaquate reason has been given.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Really?
What's this?
Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

Let’s bring in the context of Hebrews 4:4

Heb 4:3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:
“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”

There are two rests being referred to in this entire passage not one. The rest God gives (Canaan) and physical rest from work, which is on the seventh day Sabbath. Exo 20:10 In the rest God gives, one ALSO rests from physical work just as God did on the seventh day.

Heb 4:10 for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. (On the seventh day Heb 4:4)

This passage is a warning not to follow the same example as the Israelites who did not enter into Canaan due to disobedience.

Heb 4:11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.
Hebrews 4:6 6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience,

What did the Israelites disobey?

Eze 20:12 Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them. 13 Yet the house of Israel rebelled against Me in the wilderness; they did not walk in My statutes; they despised My judgments, ‘which, if a man does, he shall live by them’; and they greatly defiled My Sabbaths. Then I said I would pour out My fury on them in the wilderness, to consume them

So if your claim is the seventh day Sabbath commandment some how became rest in Canaan than why were the Israelites consumed and not able to enter Canaan due to their rebellion and disobedience because they greatly profaned God’s Sabbath that is a commandment of God Exo 20:8-11 that Moses just reviewed with them telling them to diligently keep Deut 6:17 forever Deut 7:9. Sorry I hope you see this is illogical that the Sabbath was changed to mean something different than God’s definition that He wrote and spoke Exo 20:8-11 in easy to understand Words that we are to live by every Word Mat 4:4 and Moses just reviewed but now it now means entering into Canaan- makes no sense and it goes against God’s spoken and written Word as we are told not to add to or subtract from His commandments Deut 4:2. The Sabbath rest is according to the commandment. Luke 23:56

Heb 4:11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.

There is no rebellion (unrest) to God if we obey Him, there is just peace.
Isa 48:18
Oh, that you had heeded My commandments!
Then your peace would have been like a river,
And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It doesn't make a tiny bit of difference to the apostle's admonition whether the Torah is or is not involved in
the Christian's desire to eat only vegatables.

Whether the Christian so practices vegetarianism because sacred or secular reasons, makes no difference.
Whether the Christian was influenced by the Torah or by "Better Homes and Gardens" makes no difference.
Whether he carried his believe over from some Pagan discipline or decided it was just the best way to eat, makes no difference.

Now him who is weak in faith receive, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his considerations.

One believes that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables.

He who eats, let him not despise him who does not eat; and he who does not eat, let him not judge him who eats, for God has received him.

God has received him into the Body of Christ with his practice.
You who know better (or believe you do) receive him.
And he should receive you another member of the Body of Christ.

The identical same priniciple holds with special days, included any Sabbath.

But we who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those who are weak and not to please ourselves.
Let each of us please his neighbor with a view to what is good for building up. (Rom. 15:1,2)

Therefore receive one another, as Christ also received you to the glory of God.(v.7)

I don't know HIM. This seems like some strange face saving addition.

The opinions by which one brother would judge another could be
about practices based on the Scripture or not.

You're trying to salvage theory that has been shown as faulty - "This has not to do with the Sabbath because . . . . . "
No adaquate reason has been given.
Adequate reason? THE SABBATH IS NOT MENTIONED IS IT? We are not to add what is not said. With that simple fact To me nothing else needs to be said. But God said look deeper so we did,

The fact is the context is in respect to arguing over opinions not God's word. Opinions, thoughts and imaginations are not the same as what God has stated as His will. You posted nothing but your opinion to try to prove any different. Nothing objective dealing with the passage in question. Our opinions is not God's Word and what He has established. There is no arguing God's Will though one might try. Below are the 14 instances God moved to use the word in question in the NT. Not one time is it used in reference to God's Word or anything good coming from man that is relevant.

Rom 14:1 Now receive the one who is weak in the faith, and do not have disputes over differing opinions.

Matt 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Mark 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

Luke 2:35 (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.
Luke 5:22 But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answering said unto them, What reason ye in your hearts?
Luke 6:8 But he knew their thoughts, and said to the man which had the withered hand, Rise up, and stand forth in the midst. And he arose and stood forth.
Luke 9:46 Then there arose a reasoning among them, which of them should be greatest.
Luke 9:47 And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him,
Luke 24:38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
1Cor 3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
Phil 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
1Tim 2:8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
Jas 2:4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you read the specific account of God punishing the Israelites by sending them to
wander in the wilderness 40 years the reason is clearly told. Not a word is mentioned about the reason being
that they broke the 4th commandment.

The twisted obsession forcing this interpretation on their discipline is a disgraceful farbrication.
I don't know how any "teacher" of the Bible could be at rest of any kind in their consience with such manipulation of the Scripture.

Here is the account of WHY specifically the disobedient Israelites who believed the evil report
from the ten spies rather than than to encouraging report of Joshua and Caleb, were refused by God to enter into Cannan.

Numbers 13:1 - 14:45

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adequate reason?
You have not given an adaquate reason why practice of Sabbath adherence should be exempted from Romans 14.
You are about to give now your "adaquate reason."
THE SABBATH IS NOT MENTIONED IS IT?
Don't be obsessively ridiculous. The mention of special day includes ANY and ALL special days.
He does not have to enumerate hundreds of candidates.
You are suppose to understand that by special day ( one day ABOVE another) a Sabbath is INCLUDED.

One judges one day above another; another judges every day alike. Let each be fully persuaded in his own mind. (Rom 14:5)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fact is the context is in respect to arguing over opinions not God's word.
No, you are not completely right.
Paul has laid out the basic tenets of the Christian gospel in previous chapters.
The fact is the religious people can always find non-essential biblical matters to disagree on.

If we have learned nothing else from church history we have learned that.
And in the earliest days of the local churches he knew there could
by non-essential disputes which would damage the oneness.

So I agree that concerning what Paul has carefully laid out as Christian doctrine
he tolerates no deviation. But beside the essential tenets he knows good and well,
beleivers of different levels of faith and spiritual growth may find other things to argue over.

Some will be Torah related. Others will not be Torah related.
The criteria is not whether or not they are disputes over the Torah.

Your parade of great verses after this are all good verses.
But to this analysis of Romans 14 they are just red herrings.

And the bluff won't work on me - "Why, if you disagaree with me then you disagree with ALL THESE passages"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Really?
What's this?

See above.
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

You never proved anything was wrong in the post you responded to. Some rebelled not all. Them that sinned whose carcasses fell in the desert. These are the TO WHOM He swore they shall not enter His rest. These are whom rebelled due to their belief which was the reason they continue in sin

Heb 3:16 For some having heard rebelled; but not all the ones coming forth out of Egypt with Moses.
Heb 3:17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And TO WHOM sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?

Here is the post you responded to. No need to move past chapter 3 in Hebrews until you get it.

In Deut 12:9 where it states that they have yet to come to the rest.
"For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you."

Deut 12:10 But when ye go over Jordan, and dwell in the land which the LORD your God giveth you to inherit, and when he giveth you rest from all your enemies round about, so that ye dwell in safety;

And in 1Kgs 8:56 where it states that the Lord gave rest unto His people Israel.

"Blessed be the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.?

Most Bibles have footnotes for that verse in Psalms. If one looks at the footnote one will see that the verse in question can and probably should be translated thusly.
Ps 95:11 Where I swore in My anger, “If they come into My rest—!”

And lastly, when the writer in Hebrews 3 paraphrase that text he tells us who did not enter into the rest to which he speaks.

So who didn't according to the text? Those who sinned, the disobedient due to their unfaithfulness.

Heb 3:17 And against whom was God provoked for forty years? Was it not those who sinned, whose dead bodies fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And to whom did he swear they would never enter into his rest, except those who were disobedient?
Heb 3:19 So we see that they could not enter because of unfaithfulness.

Let’s bring in the context of Hebrews 4:4

Heb 4:3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:
“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”

There are two rests being referred to in this entire passage not one. The rest God gives (Canaan) and physical rest from work, which is on the seventh day Sabbath. Exo 20:10 In the rest God gives, one ALSO rests from physical work just as God did on the seventh day.

Heb 4:10 for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. (On the seventh day Heb 4:4)

This passage is a warning not to follow the same example as the Israelites who did not enter into Canaan due to disobedience.

Hebrews 4:6 6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience,

What did the Israelites disobey?

Eze 20:12 Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them. 13 Yet the house of Israel rebelled against Me in the wilderness; they did not walk in My statutes; they despised My judgments, ‘which, if a man does, he shall live by them’; and they greatly defiled My Sabbaths. Then I said I would pour out My fury on them in the wilderness, to consume them

So if your claim is the seventh day Sabbath commandment some how became rest in Canaan than why were the Israelites consumed and not able to enter Canaan due to their rebellion and disobedience because they greatly profaned God’s Sabbath that is a commandment of God Exo 20:8-11 that Moses just reviewed with them telling them to diligently keep Deut 6:17 forever Deut 7:9. Sorry I hope you see this is illogical that the Sabbath was changed to mean something different than God’s definition that He wrote and spoke Exo 20:8-11 in easy to understand Words that we are to live by every Word Mat 4:4 and Moses just reviewed but now it now means entering into Canaan- makes no sense and it goes against God’s spoken and written Word as we are told not to add to or subtract from His commandments Deut 4:2. The Sabbath rest is according to the commandment. Luke 23:56

There is no rebellion (unrest) to God if we obey Him, there is just peace.
Isa 48:18
Oh, that you had heeded My commandments!
Then your peace would have been like a river,
And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.
Nice post Sabbathblessings.
We will add more to it as God allows
No, you are not completely right.
Paul has laid out the basic tenets of the Christian gospel in previous chapters.
The fact is the religious people can always find non-essential biblical matters to disagree on.

If we have learned nothing else from church history we have learned that.
And in the earliest days of the local churches he knew there could
by non-essential disputes which would damage the oneness.

So I agree that concerning what Paul has carefully laid out as Christian doctrine
he tolerates no deviation. But beside the essential tenets he knows good and well,
beleivers of different levels of faith and spiritual growth may find other things to argue over.

Some will be Torah related. Others will not be Torah related.
The criteria is not whether or not they are disputes over the Torah.

Your parade of great verses after this are all good verses.
But to this analysis of Romans 14 they are just red herrings.

And the bluff won't work on me - "Why, if you disagaree with me then you disagree with ALL THESE passages"
or you are misinterpreting the othe passages as well

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
or you are misinterpreting the othe passages as well
No, the other passages you listed I saw as diversions.

It is your "prime directive," - your highest agenda to do all you can to exempt your favorite regarded day above all others, the 7th day Sabbath, from being included in Paul's exhortation, that compels you invent these reasonings.

And it hasn't gone unnoticed by me that you have not replied to me asking
on what grounds do you EXEMPT the fourth law from what the New Testament says about the laws.

Are you waiting for someone else to answer that?

If you were there as the Apostle Paul wrote this, would you speak up and say something like
"Well Brother Paul, You know that the 4th law was an exception. It was able to impart life."

If you believe that the 4th law was not meant to be included in "For if a law had been given which was able to give life,"
please explain to us why.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really?
What's this?

Your efforts to bring out the rather obvious in Hebrews chapter 4 is appreciated.
Excuses were offered to not grasp Hebrews is definitely extending and expanding about the original Sabbath from Genesis,
to apply it to latter important events in the history of God's people.
See above.

A careful reading of Hebrews 4:8.9 -
For if Joshua had brought them into rest, He would not have spoken concerning another day after these things.
So then there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

has to be interpreted with these understandings.

1.) The writer is not say Joshua didn't lead the Israelites into God's rest.
2.) The writer is saying there is FURTHER experience of God's rest, a deeper one, which still remained to God's people.

To the hesitating, wandering, wish-washy Jewish believers in the new covenant, THEIR rest (and God's too) was to
enter fully into the new covenant church life. Their lack of peace came from their disobedience and unbelief to not completely
LEAVE the old covenant.

In addition, there is also the PRIZE of entering into the millennial kingdom FOLLOWING the church age that is ALSO
held forth as an entering into even MORE of a Sabbath.

Thankyou for trying to help a couple of posters here.
Sometimes, you can't do much for a padlocked mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We will add more to it as God allows
Ask the Lord when you'll be allowed you to answer the question - On what grounds is the 4th law exempted from the God inspired
scripture that says -

Ask the Lord to allow you to explain why the above doesn't apply to the 4th law.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, the other passages you listed I saw as diversions.

It is your "prime directive," - your highest agenda to do all you can to exempt your favorite regarded day above all others, the 7th day Sabbath, from being included in Paul's exhortation, that compels you invent these reasonings.

And it hasn't gone unnoticed by me that you have not replied to me asking
on what grounds do you EXEMPT the fourth law from what the New Testament says about the laws.

Are you waiting for someone else to answer that?

If you were there as the Apostle Paul wrote this, would you speak up and say something like
"Well Brother Paul, You know that the 4th law was an exception. It was able to impart life."

If you believe that the 4th law was not meant to be included in "For if a law had been given which was able to give life,"
please explain to us why.
Romans 14 is the topic for you and I presently. Stay focused, You have yet to show
That THE SABBATH IS MENTIONED. Remember We are not to add what is not said.

And you have not addressed The fact the context is in respect to arguing over opinions not God's word. Opinions, thoughts and imaginations are not the same as what God has stated as His will. You posted nothing but your opinion to try to prove any different. Nothing objective dealing with the passage in question. Our opinions is not God's Word and what He has established.

All you have done is post your opinion about the text and me with nothing objective to back it up. Our opinions about a given text need facts to back them up. All you done is post your opinion. And then you post verses outside of Romans stating look it say this here so Romans 14 can't say that. If we think a given verse or verses state something else, then there is either confusion on our part or a contradiction. A set of text stating one thing does not change what another says.

Last edited:
Upvote 0