DeSantis pushing Christian nationalism has Florida newspaper warning of white supremacy

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, no. Believers are new creations in Christ.
Believers are not human? All the more reason against Christian Nationalism.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Any idea why it's not happening?

It has been happening for 2000 years. And Jesus himself claimed it would be a minority of people. It was also proclaimed that as we got closer to the end times people would fall away.

So the fact that there are fewer churches being built is no big deal. The Church is not a building. And we will still gain converts and spread the gospel of the Good News and the list will still get saved. And the Church will continue to do so until Christ returns. True followers will always be a minority of people.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
How is DeSantis obstructing the growth of a Christian nation? By not living a life of attractive joy, but rather giving the worst example of anti-Christian values in his degrading abuse of migrants that he transported from another state to a third state under false pretenses and without any concern for their welfare, as several Catholic bishops have noted.

Why are you so concerned about Desantis when Biden has been doing the same thing to thousands of border crossers?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Versus. I am not being nit-picky; you are trying to conflate atheist with secular when they are not the same thing.

I believe Ana already pointed out in Wikipedia that atheist governments are considered secular so you have already been proven wrong.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Again, when atheism or any religion is forced upon people by the state, results are far worse than when freedom of belief, including non-belief, and tolerance reign.

Yet secular governments have committed far more atrocities, death and destruction than Christian ones. That remains the point. For all the fear of a Christian government it just hasn't been proven to be so. You should fear secular government far more. It's been far more dangerous.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe Ana already pointed out in Wikipedia that atheist governments are considered secular so you have already been proven wrong.
I understand what he was pointing out, but he is wrong that there is no distinction between an atheist state and a secular state. I have explained why, several times.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yet secular governments have committed far more atrocities, death and destruction than Christian ones. That remains the point. For all the fear of a Christian government it just hasn't been proven to be so. You should fear secular government far more. It's been far more dangerous.
The US did Hiroshima and Nagasaki, so maybe you're right...

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,521.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Despite I don't know how many posts with links and tables giving you the information. Any arguments that you make would carry some weight if you didn't keep rejecting the facts being presented to you.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Believers are not human? All the more reason against Christian Nationalism.
I understand that you don’t understand and have to go low.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If you don't think that personal safety and a stable society are good things, then make a case against them.
That didn’t answer the question.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Despite I don't know how many posts with links and tables giving you the information. Any arguments that you make would carry some weight if you didn't keep rejecting the facts being presented to you.
More Christians today than 2000 years ago. According to Pew, there will be more Christians in 2050 than today.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,521.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It has been happening for 2000 years. And Jesus himself claimed it would be a minority of people. It was also proclaimed that as we got closer to the end times people would fall away.

So the fact that there are fewer churches being built is no big deal. The Church is not a building. And we will still gain converts and spread the gospel of the Good News and the list will still get saved. And the Church will continue to do so until Christ returns. True followers will always be a minority of people.

But why do you think it's happening?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,521.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That didn’t answer the question.

Good grief, it's axiomatic. Being safe is better than being unsafe. A stable society is unsafe. Being alive is better than being dead. Not being murdered is a good thing.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,521.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
More Christians today than 2000 years ago. According to Pew, there will be more Christians in 2050 than today.

If you don't understand the differences between absolute numbers and percentages (and I know you do - but you want to ignore it) then I have nothing to add.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,521.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

A dog is an animal with four legs. Oh, look. An animal with four legs. It must be a dog.

An atheist government is one that operates on a secular basis. Oh, look. A secular government. It must be an atheist one.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Good grief, it's axiomatic. Being safe is better than being unsafe. A stable society is unsafe. Being alive is better than being dead. Not being murdered is a good thing.
So if I see my neighbor about to be murdered, and I can stop it, should I?

Upvote 0