Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Bless yer heart, and yer mom's. Praying for both of you dear ones. Keep remembering that God LOVES you and your mom, more than can be understood vy our finite minds. Keep focusing on HIM, and that He IS ABLE to heal, restore and free us from the snares that encumber us. May His Light shine through the darkest of moments. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen. (((hug)))

Last edited:
Upvote 0

episkopos

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
✟8,108.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Prayer is usually effective when combined with practical steps. Jesus was a very prayerful man but that never stopped him from actually doing the work.
Acts 10:38
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: WHO WENT ABOUT doing good......
This is even so with dealing with evil spirits [or demons] ;
“Chapter 25 Deliverance Has a Practical Side
...After the Lord has set you free, you need to make practical adjustments, otherwise the demons will return. You need to obey the Word of God practically.
Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first…Matthew 12:45..Demons cannot have access to Christians unless we give them a foothold. Demons keep returning because they still have access. Often, the foothold of the devil is not removed and so the demons keep returning...Without some practical steps, your deliverance from demons will never be complete.”
In this book, you will find that aside prayer which is indispensable, there are a number of ways to deal with the activity of evil spirits including ; being strong in the Lord and putting on the whole armor of Christ.
Excerpt From: Dag Heward-Mills. “Demons and how to deal with them.” . iBooks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have depression to, but now must days I don't, God delivery me from it. I had around 22 suicide attempts in one year. So have hope if God can deliver me he can you too.

One thing that help me is in the grips of depression i feel alone, it helped me to remember even though I could not feel God, he was there, he never left. He Is living in side of me where ever I go, where ever i am, for all eternity.

Praying

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You might want to check out Dr. Michael Lam's site on hypothyroid symptoms. Also, stopthethyroidmadness site. Hypothyroidism is often undiagnosed and is the #1 health problem in the U.S.A. It certainly is associated with depression. Ditto low adrenal function which often accompanies hypothyroid problems. Just a thought.

Praying you will be led to the help you need. (A heads up on anti depressants. I was given anti depressants when it turned out my real problem was hypothyroidism. The anti depresssants did not really help and caused me nutritional deficiencies. This is common as I found out later on the net.)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.