Depart from Me, I never knew you (says Jesus...)

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I find it interesting that many people speak of having a personal relationship w/ Jesus (those words aren't in the Bible) and yet it seems what they mean is the relationship of them knowing Him

yet Jesus even rejects those who do "mighty deeds in" His name (St Mt 7)

scary

and in at least 2 places in the NT He says "Depart from Me, i never knew you"

He doesn't say Depart from Me, you never knew ME

i think a lot of people know Jesus... They know who He is... they know he's the truth. They know what He requires of them

but if they are known BY Him... well, that's a little different thing

a person who goes to work every day as an abortionist can say he knows Jesus... I am thinking George Tiller... He wnt to church (Lutheran). But day after day he continued to violate one of God's most fundamental laws...

so Tiller "knew" Jesus

but Jesus apparently didn't know him... because God will not dwell with those who commit mortal sin

anyway, i am NOT judging anyone... (although we ARE called to judge actions... "You will know them by their fruits")

I just think this is all kinda interesting...

There's a knowing "about" Jesus. Satan knows "about" Jesus. There's the "knowing" Him because of yes, relationship, with Him, being in "relation" with Him, a "relative" so to speak. It is not possible to be in a relationship with Jesus unless we are "adopted" by God through Jesus' sacrifice. We are then grafted on by God. It's "loving" Him that is key here. Those who run around doing this, that, and the other "in His name" and yet have no "love" for Him, are not "related" to Him. They're seeking what He can DO for them. They have their own agenda, and sure, they'd love to go to heaven, they just don't want God to be there.

Upvote 0

truthHurts77

Oct 19, 2011
✟16,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
There's a knowing "about" Jesus. Satan knows "about" Jesus. There's the "knowing" Him because of yes, relationship, with Him, being in "relation" with Him, a "relative" so to speak. It is not possible to be in a relationship with Jesus unless we are "adopted" by God through Jesus' sacrifice. We are then grafted on by God. It's "loving" Him that is key here. Those who run around doing this, that, and the other "in His name" and yet have no "love" for Him, are not "related" to Him. They're seeking what He can DO for them. They have their own agenda, and sure, they'd love to go to heaven, they just don't want God to be there.
its possible

Do u really know of someone u suspect of being like that?

i dont think there is any way for us to know someone's heart...

that being said, it does seem that some are not al that into Jesus...

i have been to Mass... then went to the social thing afterwards...

and when i mentioned Jesus and/or the psgs read from the Bible that Mass... people look @ me like i am an alien from Mars... like we are not supposed to talk of that at that time or ???? weird

Upvote 0

truthHurts77

Oct 19, 2011
✟16,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
it makes no sense to disparage something (the rosary) unless or until u have tried it

i have noticed countless times when i do not feel like praying the rosary... feel OK with God already... but then i go ahead and do so anyway... i am blessed... long story how bu i would have missed out if i had neglected it

the rosary draws us to Christ... and that would seem to be a very good goal...

i mean u know... considering he is our savior... the one who gets us to Heaven...

people have billions of cells in their body

not all those cells are on the same page... meaning..

not all of a person is ever fully with Christ in this world... (one reason we need Purgatory)

so... anything that helps us get close to Jesus = a good thing

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I go straight to the One Who is my Abba, through Jesus Christ. He is the One Who rejoices over me with singing, and Who delights in me. There will be no separation now, nor when i see Jesus face to face, for i know Him now, right this minute. There is no "wondering" if he'll say to me:

"Depart from Me, I never knew you"

It is settled. It is done. I am a daughter of the Most High God.

Upvote 0

truthHurts77

Oct 19, 2011
✟16,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I go straight to the One Who is my Abba, through Jesus Christ. He is the One Who rejoices over me with singing, and Who delights in me. There will be no separation now, nor when i see Jesus face to face, for i know Him now, right this minute. There is no "wondering" if he'll say to me:

"Depart from Me, I never knew you"

It is settled. It is done. I am a daughter of the Most High God.

i used to belive the same kind of thing... when i did not know, as i do now, tht the RCC is his Church... didn't know what it could do 4 me..

believing this way got me nowhere spiritually or any other way (spirt influences the rest of a person)

Jesus is found in his Church

His real, tangible Presence is there in his Church, the Roman Catholic Church

yes, u can have some kind of relationship w/ Jesus just from reading about him in the Bible and praying to him...

but that is a narrow version of Jesus...

that is not all he has for us..

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." ~Matthew 7:21-23

Yeah, that would be scary to hear those words from Jesus, wouldn't it?

I wonder what Jesus means by "I never knew you"?

Upvote 0

Michaelismyname

Jun 11, 2012
✟1,230.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
its interesting that protestants are usually the ones to speak of having a relationship with Jesus.. words not found in the Bible

and they criticize CATHOLICS for beliving in things that are not explicitly in the Bible...

hmmmm....

altar calls aren't in the Bible

OSAS is not in the Bible...

anyway, that's not to say we should not have this relationship

just saying that protestants believe things not found explicitly in the Bible as wel....

I know there is a fundamental difference in using analogies to be descriptive of things in the bible but in concord with it
ie - having a relationship- (i shall come in and sup with him and he with me )
alter calls ..from the call to come (come unto me all you that are burdened ..and i will give you rest
osas(took me while to figure that 1 out - dont go along with it.not scriptural)

AND .. believing in things that are not only absent from the bible but in contradiction and opposition to it .

huge and notable difference to hard to ignore

Upvote 0