• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Depart from Me, I never knew you (says Jesus...)

Discussion in 'Charismatic Catholic Renewal' started by truthHurts77, Jan 18, 2012.

1. george baily

george baily Member

+4
    Word of Faith
    Private

The only true rendering of the statement Jesus makes "I never knew you" can only be simply a figure of speech, because of the timing when He makes these statements, they are on the day of judgement, and Jesus who is God in the flesh, knows everyone, and everything, in fact in the book of Luke He makes this same statement and follows it with "you workers of iniquity" while He says He doesn't know them, He appears to know what they have been doing, can't have it both ways, He obviously knew exactly who they are and what they have done

2. muzza21

muzza21 Newbie

+11
    Messianic
    Married
    I didn't know that. Please, if you would be so kind, show the verse or verses which the place of Purgatory are mentioned in God's word, the bible?

3. george baily

george baily Member

+4
    Word of Faith
    Private

you must pay a priest to pray your loved ones out of purgatory......its really worth it, I mean you wouldn't want your loved ones to never ascend into heaven would you?........I know! I know! you thought salvation was a free gift.......there is no free lunch! now depending on how sinful your loved one was, will determine the amount of prayer ($) it will take, also your tax bracket will determine just how much Prayer ($) Is needed.....but don't you worry none! they will guarantee your loved one will get through, no matter what the cost ($)

4. muzza21

muzza21 Newbie

+11
    Messianic
    Married
    No George, you can't tell me something like that. That's not biblical, that's human speculation, opinion, stinks of doctrine of man. Give me verse or verses between Genesis and revelation. Back it up with the word of God.

5. george baily

george baily Member

+4
    Word of Faith
    Private

I wish I could but I can't!

6. muzza21

muzza21 Newbie

+11
    Messianic
    Married
    At least you're honest, George. I'll tell you something real. Birds have been dropping from the sky, dead. Hundreds of dolphins washed up dead in California, hundreds of pilot whales also, same thing off the coast of new zealand. Scientists confirm unusual sounds heard in the sky above our planet. They know exactly what it is, it's resonating from the earths core. This year and next year will be unprecidented for earthquakes across the planet. We have to wake up people. This is biblical, a tribulation is coming soon like none in history and never will be again. If you look to the doctrines of men, you'll be looking in the wrong direction.

7. george baily

george baily Member

+4
    Word of Faith
    Private

It only gets worse as time continues, best to find a place where food is readily grown, by farmers, who are not dependant on Monsanto for seeds

8. muzza21

muzza21 Newbie

+11
    Messianic
    Married
    If that's your plan then I hope it works out for you.

9. george baily

george baily Member

+4
    Word of Faith
    Private

actually there are still places on this earth were you can barter for food for services, thus you don't need any mark to buy or sell, this mark will probably be more inforced in cities than in the country

10. truthHurts77

truthHurts77 Newbie

+26
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Republican

it doesn't say t hat in the bible.. I know - i have read the whole Bible

Catholics dont go by just the Bible... and neither should you.

All of God cannot be crammed into such a small book

Tradition came b4 the Church and produced the Christian Church

11. truthHurts77

truthHurts77 Newbie

+26
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Republican

i totally agree

now i know (better) why it is i never liked that phrase Personal relationship w/ Jesus... For one thing, it can mean just about anything, as your post says

I began to have a personal "thing" (dont like Relationship... long story why...) with Jesus when i got serious about the Chruch he founded on EArth, the Roman Catholic Church. It was there that i began to hear the Word of God (yes, the Bible, in a CATHOLIC Church... go figure :D) at daily Mass... If you go to daily Mass for 3 yrs you will hear most of the Bible... Old and New T

anyhow... It was when i began to spend time in His Real Presence, found only in HIs Church that i began to understand who he really is. If you dont spend time in that Real Presence of His you will not know certain things about Him. If all you have is the Bible, you will be very limited on what you know about Jesus... and this brings us back to that "Depart from me, i never knew you" thing...

the thing is... i really can't discuss this further with people who have not spent time There

and you can't just go there 4 a few minutes either..

i notice that the longer i stay... hmmm... How to say this??

it is very mysterious what happens there, espeicaly wehn He is not "exposed" - when the consecrated Hosts are still in the tabernacle. I personally belive the souls in Purg are there in the unexposed, but maybe not in the Exposed... although i have yet to get word on what the Church officially teaches on this particular thing... But i belive they are there, working out their salvation with fear & trembling (Phil 2:12) since they didn't do so sufficiently on Earth.

Anyway... i think i will post this much and... get back to all the other thoughts flying through my head later... :D

i came back after getting my main point back, although it is all important..

I used to believe thigns about God and His son that are not true.

the primary example is that i thought God didn't care about me anymore... that i had "gone 2 far" in my sinfulness.. God in heaven knows why i thought such a thing (felt it) becaus i have never commited what you would call BIG sins, although all mortal sin is big to God...

I was half right that i w asn't good enough 4 God.. meaning not holy enough. In fact, that is not a half truth but absolute truth. The thing that was off in my thinking was that God would never take me back

the rosary disabused me of that notion. It was this distinctly Catholic weapon against the devil that disabused me... imagine that... a w eapon of the Catholic Church helped ME, someone who 100% belived God did NOT want me back... I think ppl who bash the Catholic Church should keep this in mind..

in any case, i almost gave up on the rosary as well, when i 1st started praying it many yrs ago because this feeling of not being good enough.. this feeling that i couldn't return to God was SOO strong!!! But some small, quiet "voice" told me to keep praying and i listend to that voice, evne though much louder voices (thoughts) were telling me "you might as well 4get it... God doesn't want you, you are not good enough..." and etc, etc..

again... i probably should leave things at that 4 now... getting kind of emotional remembering all this.. I know it was God who got me to pray the rosary. i know because i did not - NOT - want to pray it... didn't belive it could do ONE thing 4 me.. Instead, it changed my whole life... a total 180

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  12. truthHurts77

truthHurts77 Newbie

+26
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Republican
    I was half right (yrs ago) when i thought i w asn't good enough 4 God.. meaning not holy enough. In fact, that is not a half truth but absolute truth. The thing that was off in my thinking was that God would never take me back

the rosary disabused me of that notion. It was this distinctly Catholic weapon against the devil that disabused me... imagine that... a w eapon of the Catholic Church helped ME, someone who 100% belived God did NOT want me back... I think ppl who bash the Catholic Church should keep this in mind..

13. truthHurts77

truthHurts77 Newbie

+26
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Republican
    Anyway, i always wondered why Jesus said Depart from me, i never knew you - meaning Who exactly fits into that category (him not knowing him/her)

I have, however, answered my own Q this way

when i am in His Presence, i feel that i know Him and He knows me

when i am not in HIs Presence (outside the Church)... it's somewhat different

IT seems that when i am with Him in the Real Presence i know my UNCONSCIOUS self...

and outside of there... i ignore that self... because i hardly know it exists unless i consciously try to get in touch w/ it.

14. muzza21

muzza21 Newbie

+11
    Messianic
    Married
    Please find scripture from Genesis to Revelation to back up your suggestion some beads on a string could protect you from Satan?

I know what my bible says, read if you will Ephesians 6:11-18

Doesn't say anything about rosary beads that I saw. But, please enlighten me, but only with the word of God please,

15. truthHurts77

truthHurts77 Newbie

+26
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Republican

oh please... that If its not found in the Bible i can't belive it nonsense

your name isn't in the Bible either

JEsus' birth date is not in the Bible... I could go on and on

you see beads when you look @ a rosary

I see meditation on the life of Christ

I see By His Stripes I am Healed (so i meditate on his stripes via the rosarythe Holy Mass)

16. truthHurts77

truthHurts77 Newbie

+26
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Republican
    no rsponse

totally figures...

becaus there is no argument for truth

17. Simon_Templar

Simon_Templar Not all who wander are lost

+998
    Catholic
    Single

First of all, if I may ask you to prove your position as you ask others to prove theirs..

Show me, in the word of God, where it says only the word of God may be used to teach, or as the only standard of doctrine?

If you can't live up to your own standard, I suggest your view point may have issues.

Now secondly, as truthhurst pointed out, the "rosary" is not just the beads. The beads are just an aid to organizing the prayers and meditations. The prayers and meditations are "the rosary". More specifically the rosary is a set of specific meditations on the mysteries of Jesus' life. The key events of Jesus life (and some after his resurrection) are organized into 3 groups of 5 and the person meditates on them while praying.

While the use of prayer beads may not be in the bible... everything in the rosary is taken directly from scripture because it all revolves around the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus.

I should add a note, one of the truths that I have learned over the last few years is that Catholicism and its teachings are actually very biblical. I once had the perception, as most protestants, that Catholicism was unbiblical on numerous issues etc, but this really isn't true. In fact, the irony is that Catholicism does not rely solely on the bible because the bible itself teaches that the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth, yet Catholicism is profoundly biblical. Protestantism, on the other hand, which claims to rely solely on the bible has numerous doctrines which are either not biblical, or are based on misrepresentations and misinterpetations of the bible.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  18. Chaim11

Chaim11 Newbie

+1
    Atheist
    Im joining this comment.... :liturgy:

19. truthHurts77

truthHurts77 Newbie

+26
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Republican
    all truth is not contained in the Bible

nowhere in the Bible does it say you have to go to an altar call either... but people do it... not catholics but others..

in any case

the rosary made me a Christian (practicing)

isn't that good enough???

it has done other things 4 me as well... so

my testimony...

it means a lot to me even if it doesn't mean much to you or anyone else...

20. truthHurts77

truthHurts77 Newbie

+26
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Republican
    wow, this is really shocking coming from a noncatholic

thanks... encouraging...

If it was true that the Bible was all we need for salvation

then it would SAY that in the Bible somewhere.. but it does't... In fact it says that the Word is not up for personal interpretation... 1 or 2 Peter... and this is one interpretation... (sola scriptura)... and there are many tradtions spoken of.. that are encouraged..

the Bible does not interpret itself