ReUsAbLePhEoNiX

Liberated from SinComplex
Jun 24, 2003
Earth, MilkyWay Galaxy
Visit site
✟10,562.00
Faith
Taoist
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! I have found amoungst us a woman vexed by evil spirits! Tell thy peoples to gather tonight ( dont forget ye torches and ye pitchforks) So we may arrest her and putteth her to The Question. If she fails to Confess, may God have mercy on her soul!

Attachments

• downward-spiral.jpg
    downward-spiral.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 0
ReUsAbLePhEoNiX said:
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! I have found amoungst us a woman vexed by evil spirits! Tell thy peoples to gather tonight ( dont forget ye torches and ye pitchforks) So we may arrest her and putteth her to The Question. If she fails to Confess, may God have mercy on her soul!

Yea, we shalt tie millstones to her and casteth her to the deepest part of deepest lake. If she float, she be guilty.....

If she dost not float, she be innocent!!!

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
prince didymus said:
Interesting, but two people seeing the same thing?

It can happen. When I was younger, friends and I believed there were Satanists conducting rituals in the forest near our houses. We'd go out in search of their "Satanist camps", while freaking each other out by claiming we'd see things around there ("[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], I think I just saw a black shape moving over there!" "I think I saw it, too, let's get out of here!" "Eeeeeeeeeeeee!").

It's all nonsense, of course, but for a while we genuinely believed it.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
good4u said:
My brother and I experienced the SAME event. We were sober and not in an altered state of consciousness. A room does not grow colder on its own in a short period of time. He did not get up and change the temperture. If I thought it was a trick, I would have realized it. It was no trick. Why was I so frightened?

You were probably frightened for the same reason my friends and I thought their were Satanists conducting rituals in the forests near our house: over-active imaginations.

Upvote 0

good4u

<font color="darkblue"><font size="3"><b><i><font
Apr 4, 2003
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟1,875.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mr. Pete,

I am not easily suggestable. I basically laugh at hypnotists. You are probably to young to remember the "Amazing Kreskin!!" Now that was an act and 1st class I might add. However, what I experienced was so complete real to my brother and myself, that I absolutely never touched an Ouija Board again to this day.

Now would that be an over active imagination? I think not.

Your shallow reply will have to do better than that for a solid explanation. I really do have an open mind, and the only REAL explanation that makes sense is that a demonic presence was in that room.

But praise God!!!!! God taught me a very valuable lesson that day that I have never forgotten. I never, ever did it again. Nor will I willingly do it again.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
good4u,

I think you are too hasty to conclude that demons were involved in your Ouji Board experience. Let's look at a few issues:

1. Ouji Boards, due to media and marketing, have a certain built-in mystique. There purported nature is supernatural, so it's not a stretch to think that any experience with one, no matter how small, could be interpreted as supernatural activity.

2. You were at an age where, as Nathan David pointed out, imaginations tend to be more active. Like I said in my story, my friends and I, as kids, had shared experiences that at the time we were convinced were real. Over time, however, we outgrew these experiences and recognized them as childish fantasies.

3. You were a Christian at the time, and already had a predisposed belief in the supernatural. This experience could have simply been your imagination trying to convince you of your beliefs.

4. Your experience is vague. You claim the room got colder. But can you verify that? Did you have a thermometer that actually recorded the temperature difference? Could this perception of cold been caused by something else (like a draft)? Did the pointer really levitate? (Have you ever watched David Blaine do his street magic levitating trick? It sure looks like he is levitating to the people watching him.)

Really, I think your experience is not unlike many other experiences by kids of supernatural things. And especially since you chock it up to demonic experiences, then turn around a praise God, like I said earlier, it sounds almost like you are interpreting this experience as a validation of your beliefs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

xtxArchxAngelxtx

Peace Keeper
Aug 18, 2003
Dayton Ohio
Visit site
✟16,903.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
I've done a few biblical studies on spiritual warfare, 95% of those studies revolved around Eph 6 10-19.

Have I been attacked by a demon??? I say yes and no... I was spiritually attacked by a human, but I believe her "powers" were demonic. A wiccan girl tried casting a spell on me. I almost puked in a lunch line after starving and laughing and having an excellent time with my freinds.
I never through up either, and the only time I have thrown up for the past two years was due to stress... which ironicly enough was stress caused by spiritual reasons.

6 months ago, I found out that my g/f, at the time, had sex with two guys in my class. It ripped me apart caus eof the simple fac thtat these two guys I despised, and I realy cared for my g/f. Needless to say one of my friends told me, and it has still been the worst night of my life, and the most spiritual warfare I have ever faced.

I don't beleive demonic influences are what people think.

Everyone usually thinks of polterguist or the exorcist movies. Look at Job, he had TRUE spiritual warfare, and by satan himself at that.

Michael the Arch Angel had spiritual warfare with satan as well, twice mentioned in some detail in Jude 9 and another time (yet to come) in Revelation 12:7-9.

Michael also protect daniel and his country, as it mentions Michael being "the great prince" in daniel 12:1

Finally, Jesus Himself was tempted by satan 3 times, and was victorious over satan.

Now these are the only mentions about satan directly, except for eve, but she lost, big time.
If we are being attacked, it's more than like not satan, but just a demon or two. The way you defeat spiritual warfare is by putting yourself aside and relying on God and his word. Jesus Fought off satan just by simply quoting scripture. Michael put God first and Rebuked satan, Job had faith in God and lived through his trials.

Stigmata... yeah I am not going there...

a demonic influence will more than likely tempt you into doing something VERY evil, unless you think you compareable to Job or Jesus... :rolleyes:
Not doing something like burn your skin off or making cuts into your flesh.

I constantly hear people "Satan is really on my case today" or "I feel like job." Yes, I realize they are exagerations, but they are very huge exagerations.

Satan and his demons cannot hurt you, unless they have permission from God to test your faith and strength in Him. However, they can make you inactive from doing Gods work.

Now heres the Punch line... Satan and his demons and God and h is angels are constantly fighting in the heavenlys and we are stuck in the middle.... BUT WHY ARE THEY FIGHTING? They are fighting for souls, to do Gods work which is to go out and make disciples, us, christians, and that is our job too. Satan will do everything in his power to stop you from doing that, cause he wants to take down as many people to hell as he can. He can attack us and make us inopperable to attempt and save souls, but he cannot take away our salvation and neither can we for that matter. Satan is strong than us guys, if he cannot take away our salvation, then we sure as hell (literally) cannot lose our salvation either.

Heres an interesting thought. I personally beleive you cannot lose your salvation. I also beleive that satan has a demon that does nothing but try and convince you other wise, cause if you think you are not saved, then shoot, you sure aren't going to go and try to save others. Satan has just won.

Being a christian is not about "us" it's about God, and about others, and by thinking you can fall away from salvation, then you just hav ecompletly focused the situation on YOURSELF b/c one, you are saying God is not strong enough to save you and that you are jsut screwed. Secondly, you are backing out on the work God has called you to do which is to save souls... I mean come on people!!! PEOPLE NEED CHRIST.

No matter what you believe, if you were at one point saved, you are still saved.

yeah sorry that was so long.

Upvote 0

good4u

Apr 4, 2003
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟1,875.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Much better, Pete, now we will dialog.

Pete Harcoff said:
good4u,

I think you are too hasty to conclude that demons were involved in your Ouji Board experience. Let's look at a few issues:

1. Ouji Boards, due to media and marketing, have a certain built-in mystique. There purported nature is supernatural, so it's not a stretch to think that any experience with one, no matter how small, could be interpreted as supernatural activity..

Attempting to contact the "netherworld" has been around since Saul attempted to contact the Prophet Samuel via the witch of Endor (?). Saul knew it was forbidden by the LORD, but disobeyed his commands. However, in the biblical account the joke was on the witch!!! She "knew" and thought she was pulling a con, but God checkmated her!!! LOL and ROFL

Prophet Samuel did actually appear (because God allowed it) to both the witch and Saul. It scared the bejebers out of the witch, she did not bring him back and knew it!!!! God made Samuel appear to them. Samuel blasted Saul for disobeying God among other things. Read it for yourself in the Bible. I will have to get the exact OT book for it, right now I can't think of it. This story ranks right up there with the talking donkey, and yep, that is in the Bible too!!!! Who says the Bible is boring????

The Ouija Board has been around a LOOOOONG time. So don't think this is something new. Boards like this and the witch from Endor has been hawking their wares a long time. Remember, demons have no physical locality and must be invited to do harm. I unknowingly, "invited." Like I say, I am not suggestible. It takes a lot to convince me. That day was like no other. I am no creative writer nor am I high strung. I still remember it and I am level headed as they come. I don't expect you to believe it. I am just telling you my account. And I am telling you not to do it for your own welfare.

Pete Harcoff said:
2. You were at an age where, as Nathan David pointed out, imaginations tend to be more active. Like I said in my story, my friends and I, as kids, had shared experiences that, at the time, we were convinced were real. Over time, however, we outgrew these experiences and recognized them as childish fantasies..

I was in my early teens. C'mon, I wasn't reading Harry Potter. Patronizing me is not a convincing position.

Pete Harcoff said:
3. You were a Christian at the time, and already had a predisposed belief in the supernatural. This experience could have simply been your imagination trying to convince you of your beliefs..

I was an IMMATURE Christian, yes. Could the demon have inhabited me? No. The Holy Spirit already had residence. Did I understand all the spiritual dynamics of what we were doing? No. It was like children playing with matches...

Pete Harcoff said:
4. Your experience is vague. You claim the room got colder. But can you verify that? Did you have a thermometer that actually recorded the temperature difference? Could this perception of cold been caused by something else (like a draft)? Did the pointer really levitate? (Have you ever watched David Blaine do his street magic levitating trick? It sure looks like he is levitating to the people watching him.).

I can tell you what happened. The room was comfortably warm on a winter's day b/4 we began. The room noticably became colder. No one came in or out of the room, open windows or doors, etc. It was quiet. No wind or draft from windows.

Yes, the pointer levitated. It wasn't inches, it was millimeters and it really MOVED. My brother and I looked at each other with saucer eyes and fear was written all over our faces. I accused him of moving it after it stopped and he swore he did not. I knew he didn't. I would have seen him move it with his arm. My God!!! It was spooky!!!!

This is no illusion or TV trick. I assure you. I panicked. I told my brother we are going to stop. We did. I immediately prayed asking God to forgive me as I didn't know what was happening, but asked Him to take it away. The room gradually became warmer and I no longer felt any coldness in the room.

My brother and I never spoke of it and no longer want anything to do with any occult activity. I am not cut out for deliverance ministry. It takes a Christian much stronger than I to do that. I have great respect for them.

Pete Harcoff said:
Really, I think your experience is not unlike many other experiences by kids of supernatural things. And especially since you chock it up to demonic experiences, then turn around a praise God, like I said earlier, it sounds almost like you are interpreting this experience as a validation of your beliefs.

Like I say, I am not asking you to believe me. I don't personally care. I don't speak of it very much, for this very reason. I am not a flighty person and if you read my posts, you will see how very level headed I am. But I assure you of this, if I experienced demonic activity, then there is One greater who has control over them. I would rather be on a winning team, wouldn't you?

Upvote 0

good4u

Apr 4, 2003
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟1,875.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Pete Harcoff said:
And why do people only have these supernatural experiences with Ouji Boards? How come no demons or spirits ever visit while playing Monopoly or Checkers?

Now your being flippant. No further answer is deserving.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pete Harcoff said:
And why do people only have these supernatural experiences with Ouji Boards? How come no demons or spirits ever visit while playing Monopoly or Checkers?

What are Oujia boards intended to do? They are intended to contact spirits...Monoploy and Checkers are not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
xtxArchxAngelxtx said:
You most consider the fact that many "demonic or angelic" occurances are lies, misunderstandings, or just plain psycologically created. Quijia, I beleive, are more psycological than anything.
You forgot to add in your opinion :)
Many of us have had experiences to the contrary.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pete Harcoff said:
The Monopoly/Checkers thing was a joke, so lighten up (I'm just thinking they probably come from the same manufacturing plant, making me wonder what their do to the line of Ouji Boards that makes them able to contact spirits).

The company itself doesn't do anything. It is the opening of ourselves to evil spirits. The Ojuia board is just a portal.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
sweetkitty said:
The company itself doesn't do anything. It is the opening of ourselves to evil spirits. The Ojuia board is just a portal.

In other words, it's in the hands of its users that the Ouija board gets its power, not the board itself.

This is again where I point to the issue of predisposed belief in the supernatural and the mystique surrounding Ouija boards that creates these experiences with the supernatural.

Upvote 0