Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Howm many of you believe in demonic influences?
Our asst pastor this morning was talking about a young man he had met in Costa Rica and showed us a before and after picture of the young man. The before picture showed a young man who LOOKED evil. His eyes looked out at the camera with no compassion, with a cold, uncaring stare.
The next picture after his conversion shows a clean cut attractive young man whose eyes gaze out peacefully at the world.
Are there really demons on this earth..do these demons have the ability to resiode in a person and influence thier actions?

sweetkitty said:
Our asst pastor this morning was talking about a young man he had met in Costa Rica and showed us a before and after picture of the young man. The before picture showed a young man who LOOKED evil. His eyes looked out at the camera with no compassion, with a cold, uncaring stare.
The next picture after his conversion shows a clean cut attractive young man whose eyes gaze out peacefully at the world.
Are there really demons on this earth..do these demons have the ability to resiode in a person and influence thier actions?

Charlie Manson is living proof, so is Ozzy Osbourne. They are very evil people.

Upvote 0

revolutio

Apatheist Extraordinaire
Aug 3, 2003
R'lyeh
Visit site
✟6,762.00
Faith
Atheist
I think that people can create their own demons. Some people are so consumed by a particular emotion directed at one focus that, in essence, their consciousness goes into recession. That emotion does all the thinking for them. The most common two are hate and fear. Though some might say love does the same thing given the almost euphoric state people get around a loved one.

GROOVYGIRL said:
Charlie Manson is living proof, so is Ozzy Osbourne. They are very evil people.
Ozzy? Lol sorry but that is just funny. If you watch interviews with him he is actually a rather cheerfull and funny guy who just puts some effort into maintaining his popular image.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
sweetkitty said:

Let me see if I got this straight: You think that the man was demonically possessed because:

A: your pastor said so,

and B: You saw an evil-looking photograph of him?

If you truly believe this, then I hope with all my heart that you never have the deciding vote on a jury. :(

Upvote 0
revolutio said:
I think that people can create their own demons. Some people are so consumed by a particular emotion directed at one focus that, in essence, their consciousness goes into recession. That emotion does all the thinking for them. The most common two are hate and fear. Though some might say love does the same thing given the almost euphoric state people get around a loved one.

Ozzy? Lol sorry but that is just funny. If you watch interviews with him he is actually a rather cheerfull and funny guy who just puts some effort into maintaining his popular image.

I'm sorry but I don't find much Humour in songs about Suicide and the terrible influence Ozzy Osbourne is on the young and impressionable people in the World.

Upvote 0

axe

Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
✟113.00
hello

im new to this forum and i came because a christian logged onto another forum i am part of and suggested we all come here for a chat.

you see i am a witch and before i say anything else i mean noone here any disrespect or anything i have many family and friends who follow the bible, i will do my utmost not to offend anybody.

i believe not so much in demonic influences - but in negative forces

and while there are cruel people in the world i dont think that things like this could be deduced from a photograph

for all you know the guy may have just lost his best friend to a random shoooting - if so hes not going to be too impressed with the world

it is important to do your utmost in life not to judge people before you know them.

Upvote 0

ZaraDurden

Comfortably Numb
Aug 5, 2003
Jersey
Visit site
✟3,702.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When i read this post, i had heard the word demon many times... but i realized i didnt really know what a demon is.

So, what is a demon? Is it an evil person's soul? Or a fallen angel, as in one of Satan's followers? Or something else?

Personally, i dont believe in the supernatural... so if demons fall into this category, i dont believe in them either. My belief is that the human mind is much, much more powerful than we understand. I think it can affect our physical environment without us knowing or controling it, and i think that is what is often mistaken for demons, or "possesion".

Upvote 0

revolutio

Apatheist Extraordinaire
Aug 3, 2003
R'lyeh
Visit site
✟6,762.00
Faith
Atheist
GROOVYGIRL said:
I'm sorry but I don't find much Humour in songs about Suicide and the terrible influence Ozzy Osbourne is on the young and impressionable people in the World.
Lots of things aren't good for said young impressionable peoples of the world. Many people would count me as one of them, but I just don't see how that makes them a daemon-host.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 24, 2003
The Dalles, OR
✟5,260.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Why not name the powers behind Ozzy the clean cut CEO's that just want money? The Media companies that get raunchier and raunchier, to keep the cash flowing? Walter Wink has written a triology of books dealing with the Principalities and Powers and I highly recommend them. William Stringfellow's books are also very good in this area.
Jeff the Finn

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ReUsAbLePhEoNiX

Liberated from SinComplex
Jun 24, 2003
Earth, MilkyWay Galaxy
Visit site
✟10,562.00
Faith
Taoist
sweetkitty said:
So by the way the man appears in the photo, it can be determined if hes demon possessed?
Does anybody know the prior events before the photo was taken? So many things could have happened before the photo was taken to ASSUME he was demon possessed.
Maybe he just got arrested for a crime he didnt commit, maybe his wife just left him, maybe his only child just died, maybe he was up all night studying for a test. Maybe he just found out he had cancer. Maybe his favorite dog just got ran over. Maybe the flash bulb hurt his eyes. How many pictures have people taken of me or you that make us look drunk or stoned, does that mean we were?
Moses smell the roses.

If there is such a thing as demons, i would bet they hang out with the Boston Catholic Priests

Upvote 0

SonWorshipper

Old Timer
Jan 15, 2002
✟10,769.00
Faith
Messianic
The eyes are the window to the soul, you can read a lot about a person by looking in their eyes. I can always tell when someone is lying to me by looking in their eyes, it shows, you can't hide it. You may speak smooth words and be a practiced liar but it always shows.

Want to see about appearences of people possesed? Turn to Mark 5

Upvote 0

ReUsAbLePhEoNiX

Jun 24, 2003
Earth, MilkyWay Galaxy
Visit site
✟10,562.00
Faith
Taoist
SonWorshipper said:
The eyes are the window to the soul, you can read a lot about a person by looking in their eyes. I can always tell when someone is lying to me by looking in their eyes, it shows, you can't hide it. You may speak smooth words and be a practiced liar but it always shows.

Want to see about appearences of people possesed? Turn to Mark 5
I always thought the eyes were photon sensitive organs surrounded by a gelatin protien. silly me. I have to diagree with you. Useing myself as an example I have a condition similiar too ADD, My brain cannot single out info so I am constantly bombarded by stimuli in a chaotic fashion, like watching 6 TV channels at once. when I speak too people I have to focus on a single object so I can concentrate on what I am saying and listen to what they say. Usually this single object is something in the background that doesnt induce distraction. the story of my life is people ALWAYS misinterpret my body language into something negative. I never maintain eye contact. When I meet somebody for the first time the first thing I do is turn my eyes away when I shake their hand so I can concentrate on the interaction. People like you, so confident in their abilities to read peoples hidden agendas such as lieing, never fail to make false assumtions about people like me.

Upvote 0

SonWorshipper

Old Timer
Jan 15, 2002
✟10,769.00
Faith
Messianic
So quick to assume too? I didn't say anything about averting the eyes. You say "People like you", meaning you have judged me already, but I never did that to you.

Also I don't look to see someone's "hidden agenda", it's just something that I naturally see.

You may not be able to concentrate, or look at someone when you shake hands but I certainly wouldn't chalk that up to dishonesty. :(

Upvote 0

ReUsAbLePhEoNiX

Jun 24, 2003
Earth, MilkyWay Galaxy
Visit site
✟10,562.00
Faith
Taoist
SonWorshipper said:
So quick to assume too? I didn't say anything about averting the eyes. You say "People like you", meaning you have judged me already, but I never did that to you.

Also I don't look to see someone's "hidden agenda", it's just something that I naturally see.

You may not be able to concentrate, or look at someone when you shake hands but I certainly wouldn't chalk that up to dishonesty. :(
Yes your right. I apologize

Upvote 0