Twin Cities, Whittier-hood
✟7,657.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you can ask the question, you aren't. It would be in a demon's best interest to convince you that you aren't posessed, when you are. They live for deception. If you were posessed, you would not be able to entertain the question.

Upvote 0

felix102

Sep 16, 2004
✟164.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Why would I think I am? It's difficult for me to find where to start. My mind feels like a whirlwind right now. I would say that I'm just very ADD...my mind is always running. I can't focus for more than 10 minutes. I dont know if that (psychiatric condition) qualifies as some type of possession (spirit) issue.

Just yesterday I was getting real frustrated trying to study. I just stopped and stared at myself in the mirror. I fell into some type of relaxing trance. I figured what I did worked but in the back of my mind I feared that this type of meditation was opening myself to spirits. because of that fear I called on the Lord throughout the whole time. Later i read an article on ADD...and just a whole flood of thoughts came back to me...old experiences that set me off. Simply put I reacted very violently and broke some household items. I thought to myself, "How can I be so calm one moment and then so violent in another". It just didnt feel like me. This demon possession issue has been in the back of my mind for a long time.

Here are some past experiences that I question:

When I was 13, I dabbled with Astral Projection. After that I felt some entity was trying to pull me out of my body; I would feel some electrical sensation go through my body every time I was about to fall asleep. That stopped after 3 months. I believed into Jesus Christ during that time.

When I was around 15, I was sick and tried to "draw up energy" from the earth to comfort my lungs (dabbled with qigong). Later that night I ended up having to run around the house in the middle of the night to get rid of all this energy...though I was sick. I thought that was some type of demonic attack.

About 2 years ago I was sleeping and I felt this pale woman come out of me after I refused to give into her seduction (in a dream). It got angry at me and it began to feel as if she was physically choking me. I kept calling on the Lord and it went away.

Upvote 0

felix102

Sep 16, 2004
✟164.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What troubles me the most is that in the gospels we see Jesus delivered many people from possessions in many accounts. If demon possession was so common, why dont we hear much about that now? Some troubling questions are how do we know whether demons are possessing believers and to what extent do people suffer from possession. It appears there a great lack of information perhaps due to unbelief, even amongst believers (at least in America where technology and science tends to do away with "supernatural" phenomenon).

My greatest concern is how "open" or susceptible I may have made myself to "unclean spirits". Thanks for your prayers.

Upvote 0

ezeric

HE loves me too.
Mar 2, 2010
Canada but really in JESUS! (in HIS Covenant)
Visit site
✟12,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have had my share of dealings with demons over the years.

They have 0 (zero) authority over you, they can only try to
frighten and belittle you, badger you and lie. John 8:44

There is a difference between being demonic oppression and
the Sin Nature (which is the devil in the flesh) which we all are born with and
must realize that in JESUS its been crucified and died. Past tense.

That is what I think you are struggling with, as it sounds like JESUS
has already set you free from the influence of demons from your past
which will, as you described, easily open the door for them.

Saying all that, its even easier to open the door to the LORD and you
are now joined with CHRIST who is in you.

He who joins himself to the LORD is 1 (one) SPIRIT with HIM. 1 Corinthians 6:17

Anytime you are around others or attacked yourself command them to leave
(speaking in authority outloud) and tell them to go in JESUS name.

HIS name really means you are using HIS authority - HIS name and you
are HIS representative, HIS son and can use that authority.

More powerful demons will try to laugh and pretend they are exempt and
not effective - hogwash!!!

They all bow and leave to HIS matchless amazing power - its no contest.
see Mattthew 28:18

Lastly, stay away from evil dark things, like movies, books or playing with
darkness. (like you used to).

Its got nothing compared to real power!

God stripped the spiritual rulers and powers of their authority.
With the cross, he won the victory and showed the world that they were powerless. Colossians 2:15

-eric

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr Sinclair

Jul 13, 2010
✟15,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just follow jesus, be his disciple.(resist sin and repent. and way more ofcourse read the bible, pray etc.)
And u will be freed. And u dont have to worry.
No need to do A demon study, Because when u will do this study. The demons will fill u, believe me lol..

Because jesus said something like:Whoever follows me, will stay in the light.

Upvote 0

xxthecapnxx

Dec 1, 2010
Florida
✟7,676.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I get a feeling like these might be symptoms of a more fundamental, natural problem. I noticed you said that you dabbled in different metaphysical forces to try to make yourself feel better here and there. It makes me feel like maybe you're just trying too hard to be 100% all the time. The truth is that everyone has ups and downs, and sometimes we have to cope. Paul said I have learned to be content in all situations. So perhaps instead of always looking for a quick fix for a problem, try to calm down and realize that nobody is healthy, happy, and focused all the time. Also it sometimes helps to have an outlet. When I can't concentrate I go and get a good workout, which helps to bring my energy back down to where I can focus.

Upvote 0

Orahh

Apr 25, 2009
NSW, Australia
✟15,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is what I think, a person can become demon possed when they let pagan things into their lives and other similar stuff. I think a spirit can follow people and influence them just from taking their eyes of God, but not actually be within them.
At the begining of this year, I was pretty far from God, which developed anger issues in me that I knew weren't of me. When I came back to God later in the year, I got some people to pray for me for the anger to leave. I'm not really sure if it consumed me internally, but either way, anger is no longer an issue for me.
I think the best things you can do is talk to someone in the church that has had experience with similar things or just has a good knowledge of the spiritual world. That's what I did, I spoke to a guy in my church who's been overseas and involved in praying for spirits to leave people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Nov 25, 2010
Dunn North Carolina
✟15,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi guy, I have been thinking about what to say here for a while and I just offer this.

At 13 you said that you believed on Jesus, but then at 15? when you were sick you tried to draw power from the earth.

How did you come to believe on Jesus? Did you know that you are a sinner in need of a Savior?
Now I am not questioning your Salvation, I am just pointing out something. Why if you were saved at 13, would you need to draw power from somewhere else at 15?

Next, all I can offer you is what I know and what I have experienced. demon possesion is real because the Bible refers to it many times. But all I have experienced is demoic attacks that were external in nature.
Twice this has happened in my 6 years of being saved. One time it was like my mind was a 'whirlwind" and I thought I was going to lose my sanity. But then a voice came through and I heard this, "My sheep know my voice and they will follow no other."
After I heard this, I started baying like a lamb. I mean actually screaming like a lamb in trouble and then it all went away and I saw the only vision I have ever seen. That vision was for me personally so I will not describe it hear.

But also some more advice here, don't be like Adam and try to blame the reason you ate the fruit on Eve. Adam tried to tell the Lord that she made him do it.

See the sin in yourself and don't try to blame it on demons, You are sinful and fallen and need a Savior. Repentance is something that the Bible is full of, but is not teached today.
I will offer you of myself. I smoke and while I hate it, I love it also. Now I could just say that a demon makes me smoke, but when I go in prayer I have to tell the Lord the truth. I am a sinner , part of me loves to smoke. It is not a demon that makes me smoke, it is me, but I believe this. Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the chief.
I don't think you are demon possesed, just a sinner in CONSTANT Need of a Savior, just like me and everyone else.

Upvote 0
Nov 25, 2010
Dunn North Carolina
✟15,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is what I think, a person can become demon possed when they let pagan things into their lives and other similar stuff. I think a spirit can follow people and influence them just from taking their eyes of God, but not actually be within them.
At the begining of this year, I was pretty far from God, which developed anger issues in me that I knew weren't of me. When I came back to God later in the year, I got some people to pray for me for the anger to leave. I'm not really sure if it consumed me internally, but either way, anger is no longer an issue for me.
I think the best things you can do is talk to someone in the church that has had experience with similar things or just has a good knowledge of the spiritual world. That's what I did, I spoke to a guy in my church who's been overseas and involved in praying for spirits to leave people.

May I please offer you this understanding, because I have seen it happen in my life.
I am guessing that the anger issues were always there, but you probably were praying about them.
I have come to tell my Christian brothers and sisters that when they see something in them that is wrong and pray about it, it will get worse before it gets better.
Example, if we have a lust problem and pray about it this is what will happen. That lust will almost overwhelm us and bring us to a point to where we know it is out of our control. Then God works, because when we realize we can't overcome, this is when He Moves. Because we are broken and quit relying on ourselves and turn to Him in total being.
Now when someone tells me that they have a problem with "-----" and are praying about it, I just smile and get ready to see the worst of it. Because I know God will bring them to a point of surrending it all to Him. Then they will be free.
But it is not a pleasant experience as you can attest to.

Reactions: razeontherock
Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Simply put I reacted very violently and broke some household items. I thought to myself, "How can I be so calm one moment and then so violent in another". It just didnt feel like me.

I dabbled with Astral Projection. After that I felt some entity was trying to pull me out of my body; That stopped after 3 months.

When I was around 15, I was sick and tried to "draw up energy" from the earth to comfort my lungs (dabbled with qigong). Later that night I ended up having to run around the house in the middle of the night to get rid of all this energy...though I was sick. I thought that was some type of demonic attack.

About 2 years ago I was sleeping and I felt this pale woman come out of me after I refused to give into her seduction (in a dream). It got angry at me and it began to feel as if she was physically choking me. I kept calling on the Lord and it went away.

Anger and lust are primary routes of attack, but you're describing oppression at the most, not possession. Note the part I bolded? Yeah, that. :amen:

Get in the Word. Get the Word in you. Speak it in your house. There is such a thing as "renouncing," and you're a good candidate to use this!

Upvote 0

whatfor

Just me
Dec 15, 2006
Adelaide, Australia
✟102,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If you are saved you can not be possesed, but can be demonized.

From what I understand the early church included deliverence as part of conversion.
Firstly repent of all the things you think may have been entry points .

I am not saying you are demonized you may just be under attack.

Unfortunately this forum does not seem to allow topics like this to be disscussed.

Upvote 0

ezeric

HE loves me too.
Mar 2, 2010
Canada but really in JESUS! (in HIS Covenant)
Visit site
✟12,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately this forum does not seem to allow topics like this to be disscussed.

I've seen that here too, and would add that, that is exactly what the
devil would want. Nobody discuss, or even 'think', that there is some
kind of real enemy that is bent on our total destruction.

Thankfully the LORD warns us:
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

HE wants us to be alert and we dont even discuss it.

I think Keith Green had a song "no one believes in me anymore".
Meaning the devil.

Its not like this in Africa, and in other countries where they know all
to well about 'spirits', its only in the western world where the devil has
been able to 'blind us', and attack like stealth under the radar as we keep
arguing amongst ourselves, as to whether or not he (devil) is even real.

-eric

But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere. 2 Corinthians 2:14

We always triumph in JESUS!

Upvote 0