Democrats intentionally used disinformation from Russia to attack Trump, campaign aides

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: brinny

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
That spy the article is about, Christopher Steele, was 1st hired by Republicans who didn't want Trump. Steele gave his memos on Trump's behavior to a Republican senator, who then delivered it to the FBI because it was so worrisome.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That spy the article is about, Christopher Steele, was 1st hired by Republicans who didn't want Trump. Steele gave his memos on Trump's behavior to a Republican senator, who then delivered it to the FBI because it was so worrisome.
Not worrisome as he sung like a canary to avoid libel.

• Informative
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Not worrisome as he sung like a canary to avoid libel.

Who did he sing like a canary to? I thought the FBI considered that dossier he complied on Trump credible. Obama was informed of it, so was Trump.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who did he sing like a canary to? I thought the FBI considered that dossier he complied on Trump credible. Obama was informed of it, so was Trump.
Lol no. Read the article.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

I did read it the first part of it, then stopped when I realized it was crooked. It fails to mention key facts, like how Republicans first hired Steele, and he gave the memos with the damaging intel on Trump to a high-up Republican who gave it to the FBI.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually I was reading up on the Dossier today. I read that it was one Republican that was running against him that hired Fusion to begin with and they hired Steele. After the primaries the Rep. stopped the inquiries but a Dem. supporter then paid Fusion to continue the investigation and they kept Steele on.
I wonder how the Dem. supporter found out about it to begin with? Did Fusion contact them?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I read the article. He said in his filing that Fusion should never have made the Dossier public.
They shouldn't have because there were things in there that could not be verified.
So now Steele is being sued because Fusion did that.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did read it the first part of it, then stopped when I realized it was crooked.

Keep reading. The dossier was planted by the Kremlin, Steele has recanted and testified in a libel case the data was unverified and should have never been made public.

It fails to mention key facts, like how Republicans first hired Steele, and he gave the memos with the damaging intel on Trump to a high-up Republican who gave it to the FBI.

It is no secret Trump's GOP enemies initiated the dossier buzz. However, they never made it public. That's why you should read the article before responding. It explains the larger facts. The DNC and Clinton campaign ran with the dossier that they knew was sourced from Kremlin intelligence sources to Steele. They ran with it, Dem senators quoted it and Hillary used the information in the September 2016 debate.

It's sad but also comical. The DNC and Hillary campaign used a Kremlin planted dossier to try to prove Trump was in collusion with the Russians against them.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Keep reading. The dossier was planted by the Kremlin, Steele has recanted and testified in a libel case the data was unverified and should have never been made public.

It is no secret Trump's GOP enemies initiated the dossier buzz. However, they never made it public. That's why you should read the article before responding. It explains the larger facts. The DNC and Clinton campaign ran with the dossier that they knew was sourced from Kremlin intelligence sources to Steele. They ran with it, Dem senators quoted it and Hillary used the information in the September 2016 debate.

It's sad but also comical. The DNC and Hillary campaign used a Kremlin planted dossier to try to prove Trump was in collusion with the Russians against them.

Have you got a better source than what you posted? I'm happy to read long articles but that one was just too biased to give time to.

I know McCain is being interviewed. The FBI considered the dossier legit.

• Agree
Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how the Dem. supporter found out about it to begin with? Did Fusion contact them?
You are being nice. It's no secret the RNC and some GOP candidates wanted to derail a Trump nomination. They would love to have that dossier go public but realized Trump would have employed a scorched earth policy if they tried to contest the nomination at the convention. So cooler heads probably knew this was a Kremlin ploy, turned it off but those who vehemently hated Trump passed it on to the Hillary campaign.

Probably the GOP types who knew there would be no place at the table for them in a Trump admin but knew their would be in a Clinton admin. It's how the DC elite think and operate.

People can say much about Obama. However, he handled the Clintons well after he won the nomination in 2008. He met with them, made peace offered her a cabinet position and made it clear if she ever wanted to be president, to two the party line. I'm sure he knew if he did not, she would have initiated a scorched earth policy.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you got a better source than what you posted? I'm happy to read long articles but that one was just too biased to give time to.

I'm not forcing you to read a Washington Times article. However if you want to critique an article you should really read it. They are not citing unnamed sources like the NYTs and Washpo but stating public facts.

The mere fact these are public facts and not reported in much detail by the usual suspects of the MSM should give us all pause.

So attack the source all you want. This is my OP and to intelligently engage you should read the article. The TLDR excuse is not accepted.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes a US senator passing around bogus information is a concern the FBI should investigate. Passing around a Russian intelligence dossier, proven to contain unverified information is actually collusion.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are being nice. It's no secret the RNC and some GOP candidates wanted to derail a Trump nomination. They would love to have that dossier go public but realized Trump would have employed a scorched earth policy if they tried to contest the nomination at the convention. So cooler heads probably knew this was a Kremlin ploy, turned it off but those who vehemently hated Trump passed it on to the Hillary campaign.

Probably the GOP types who knew there would be no place at the table for them in a Trump admin but knew their would be in a Clinton admin. It's how the DC elite think and operate.

People can say much about Obama. However, he handled the Clintons well after he won the nomination in 2008. He met with them, made peace offered her a cabinet position and made it clear if she ever wanted to be president, to two the party line. I'm sure he knew if he did not, she would have initiated a scorched earth policy.
This certainly sound plausible.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not forcing you to read a Washington Times article. However if you want to critique an article you should really read it. They are not citing unnamed sources like the NYTs and Washpo but stating public facts.

The mere fact these are public facts and not reported in much detail by the usual suspects of the MSM should give us all pause.

So attack the source all you want. This is my OP and to intelligently engage you should read the article. The TLDR excuse is not accepted.

It's not attacking, it's stating the fact that it's obviously biased. I say that as a Republican. I'm all for intellectual engagement, so long as it's honest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yes a US senator passing around bogus information is a concern the FBI should investigate.

It was a Republican senator. The FBI did investigate. They shared the dossier with Obama & Trump.

• Useful
Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was a Republican senator. The FBI did investigate. They shared the dossier with Obama & Trump.
Does it concern you that this dossier was planted by the Kremlin as disinformation with unverified information ---meaning accusations without facts. One of which stated a Trump ally went to Russia to have a meeting with a contact. And when checked out, the guy never left the country? That Trump paid hookers to pee on beds the Obamas slept in on the road? Which is an accusation no one could confirm.

Does it concern you our FBI takes such a propaganda document and uses tax payer money to front a full investigation of the allegations without first investigating the source document and how it came into the possession of GOP and Democrat elected officials and campaign sources?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Did you read the Vanity Fair article that I posted sometime today? I didn't think it was biased either way and gave a lot of detail. It's a long article.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you read the Vanity Fair article that I posted sometime today? I didn't think it was biased either way and gave a lot of detail. It's a long article.
Please link. Missed it. Would welcome another view.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship