Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The really crazy this is your view is based on the assumption that black people are just to stupid they can't look at the record and the polices of a given politician and even if they did they obviously can't understand what is being said.
Oh really now? Maybe you should look at this video and see who really calls black people "stupid" and get back to me.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The really crazy this is your view is based on the assumption that black people are just to stupid they can't look at the record and the polices of a given politician and even if they did they obviously can't understand what is being said.
No, that view is based on the assumption that Republicans are dumb enough to try it.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

This is exactly what people who regurgitate the OP try to do - and they believe black people are too stupid to realize the games being played. You are projecting.

Black people are more than capable. They had their own banking center like Wall Street until America destroyed it - then upheld laws that prevented black people from prospering in America (because the South was still America in the 20th century). When given the opportunity, they excel in anything they enter. But, it is clear how many Americans see black people - especially outside the States. The OP is clear in its intention, because it is a hackneyed sentiment.

The same mentality that believes the OP has some substance is likely the same mentality that believes black people in America are a tragic case. There is no need to pretend for the sake of debate.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
will just leave these here:
5ee51e264dca68412e026c38

JJYQ4P8I4N45VJR-X-6U5eV2_6XFpWsBa397yGOXs5v54MQdjkvD0wsZmFHljkVgggfKQWDPnpZ1CfQC5c8iYVCaCdD8oqjoH3SKOD9923bIgtC9r4rU4wIvBghNdJnpgrJCdkKTA7Q1F8yy5PCTsOU0bVnXlyrfYA08Wy8ByrRv0knadLGlElOiNRNiFEh0F0AeonUWLJLq2K50OZnK2apm184lcwnbIj0z

2020-01-18T110645Z_1_LYNXMPEG0H06G_RTROPTP_3_USA-GUNS-RALLY.JPG

tulc(is going to get more coffee) :coffee:

This is why I said it is blatantly obvious in intention - the OP, and the projection people conjure in order to distract from the reality of the situation. The "we like the flag because of our heritage" cliche says more than people think it says.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't see where Republicans are the ones to bring back Jim crow laws. All I see are Democrats trying to accept everyone under the sun because they know that they messed up before so they are trying to lie, deceive, and pander to everyone and their brother just to get votes because they have no integrity. All they have are lies and falsity. Are Republicans racist for having common sense and not accepting some people? You know, those groups of society which are taboo? I see Republicans as having respect and morals for holding to those high standards. The Bible should do this all by itself but not everyone reads the Bible which is why we have these taboo groups to begin with. It's not a politicians job to give the OK to everything because God will judge them for being weak and hungry for power and votes.

In post #24 you go on about how positions of hate and discrimination are oh so wrong but here you saying that hate and discrimination are good things for SOME minorities.

Hate is hate and the hate for your "taboo" groups is no different than the hate that racists hold.

Upvote 0

Christian Sonic Fan

Metal for life!
Jun 13, 2020
Pearisburg, Giles Country, Virginia
✟18,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In post #24 you go on about how positions of hate and discrimination are oh so wrong but here you saying that hate and discrimination are good things for SOME minorities.

Hate is hate and the hate for your "taboo" groups is no different than the hate that racists hold.
Is it racist to give equal rights to people who believe in abortion? Or who like inappropriate behavior with animals? Or who believe that having sex with children is ok? Or those who are satanists? Or those who believe that Sharia law is ok? Or those who tell their kids that they can be any gender they want when kids don't even know how to make food for themselves and how to color in the lines? Democrats sure love those people. Why? Because it's "politically correct". It's not racist, it's common sense. If you don't get it now then you never will. Again, this is not racist, it is common sense.

To support these things and anything else abhorrent and horrible is to let the country fall into pieces (even further than it is now.) Society needs restrictions and this is drawing the line. We [Republicans] are not racist, we just have morals that we abide by.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,114,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
. The republicans ended slavery and Democrats were really ticked off about it and still are.
Nope.

You don't need to know too much history to understand that the South from the civil war to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 tended to be opposed to minority rights. This factor was separate from party identification or ideology. We can easily control for this variable by breaking up the voting by those states that were part of the confederacy and those that were not.
regioncivlrights.jpeg

You can see that geography was far more predictive of voting coalitions on the Civil Rights than party affiliation.
But what happens when we control for both party affiliation and region?

bothcivilrights.jpeg

In this case, it becomes clear that Democrats in the north and the south were more likely to vote for the bill than Republicans in the north and south respectively. This difference in both houses is statistically significant with over 95% confidence. It just so happened southerners made up a larger percentage of the Democratic than Republican caucus, which created the initial impression than Republicans were more in favor of the act.
Nearly 100% of Union state Democrats supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act compared to 85% of Republicans. None of the southern Republicans voted for the bill, while a small percentage of southern Democrats did.

Sorry that second chart is so tiny I couldn't figure out how to enlarge it. But you can look at it here in this article in The Guardian.
Were Republicans really the party of civil rights in the 1960s? | Harry J Enten

• Informative
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Is it racist to give equal rights to people who believe in abortion? Or who like inappropriate behavior with animals? Or who believe that having sex with children is ok? Or those who are satanists? Or those who believe that Sharia law is ok? Or those who tell their kids that they can be any gender when kids don't even know how to make food for themselves and how to color in the lines? Democrats sure love those people. Why? Because it's "politically correct". It's not racist, it's common sense. If you don't get it now then you never will. again, this is not racist, it is common sense.
Yes, nobody could possibly tolerate people who conform to that ridiculous stereotype. I wonder how many there are in real life?

Upvote 0

Christian Sonic Fan

Metal for life!
Jun 13, 2020
✟18,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, nobody could possibly tolerate people who conform to that ridiculous stereotype. I wonder how many there are in real life?

Sounds like a question for Google. I could look it up, but I don't really care anymore. I've explained enough. My coffee is ready and I have a movie recorded to watch. See ya later. I'll make some popcorn too on your behalf.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is it racist to give equal rights to people who believe in abortion? Or who like inappropriate behavior with animals? Or who believe that having sex with children is ok? Or those who are satanists? Or those who believe that Sharia law is ok?
you are of course aware that the constitution guarantees all these people exactly the same rights as you enjoy.

Or those who tell their kids that they can be any gender they want when kids don't even know how to make food for themselves and how to color in the lines? Democrats sure love those people. Why? Because it's "politically correct". It's not racist, it's common sense. If you don't get it now then you never will. Again, this is not racist, it is common sense.
Hate is hate no matter who it is directed against.

To support these things and anything else abhorrent and horrible is to let the country fall into pieces (even further than it is now.) Society needs restrictions and this is drawing the line. We [Republicans] are not racist, we just have morals that we abide by.
and racists also say they are standing up for morality

Upvote 0

Christian Sonic Fan

Metal for life!
Jun 13, 2020
✟18,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
you are of course aware that the constitution guarantees all these people exactly the same rights as you enjoy.

And you are also aware that when the Constitution was made, slavery was common and no one really cared about it and thought it would go away? Have you not figured out yet why the Electoral college was made? It was to balance the slave states and the free states because Virginia (a slave state) had too much power in the matter? It was also to prevent rampant Democracy because Democracy is mob rule but this is another topic altogether.

Hate is hate no matter who it is directed against.

Awesome! So how about we let out murders. If they killed one of your family members then would you not hate them too? (very unlikely, anyone would.)

I don't believe you are this gullible and "free spirited". No one is. You must have morals. No one is a yes man. And if they are then they don't make good politicians or good people in general. I find them to be annoying (I had a Liberal friend who was a yes man. Yes to this, yes to that, it didn't matter because it "sounded" nice to him to have it just because. It was very annoying. I quit hanging out with him because of it. He had no integrity.)

*cough cough* The KKK was founded by Democrats *cough cough* Sorry, I had something in my throat, what were you saying?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Slave ships? The slave trade was abolished in the United States in 1807, and the Democratic Party was founded in 1828. It was originally the party of slavery (as well as limited government and state sovereignty, amusingly), but it was never the party of slave ships.
The last slave ship arrived in the late 1850’s.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Christian Sonic Fan

Metal for life!
Jun 13, 2020
✟18,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

lol, you know that I am Catholic right? The KKK hate the Catholics. Gee, I must sure be one big racist for having some morals! Break out the Walmart bought bed sheets with cut out eye holes in them fellas! The "racist" Catholic is here :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you read South Carolina's stated reasons for leaving the Union? I have. And the reason they did so was slavery.

Slavery wasn't an issue, it was the issue. Was there an economic angle? Sure, but you want to know why? Because South Carolina's economy was dependent upon slave labor.

Those are just the facts, man, I don't know what to tell you.

-CryptoLUtheran
I never said slavery was not an issue I said they withdrew from the union over tariffs and economic reasons. The culture was dependent on slavery yes but the reason was economics.

Upvote 0

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many people know about the fluidity of politics, especially parties. Most presidents run on an extreme but "lead" as a moderate of their respective party. That is why I said it is insulting to keep repeating the OP as if it is entirely true without a shred of misleading information.

The fact that the party that aligned with Slavery wore the same badge as the political ones who claim to be for the progeny of slavery is neither here or there. That is just a change of moniker which happens every other political generation.

For example, today Republicans are seen as the party that seeks to bring back Jim Crow and/or slavery. The OP is a trope used very often to appeal to swing voters and black people in America during voting season. It has become so trite that it is now in the realm of repugnance - partly due to the audacity of such a sentiment in perfectly timed times.

The fact is that the last black person lynched in America was in 1981 in Alabama - when Alabama was considered a "ruby red" state. Blacks are still considered inconvenient by the republican party except to gain a vote - which will not go toward helping black people in America. But, they sure are useful entities when there is an election, or money to be made. This is blatantly obvious.

It would seem like an insult, at best, to blacks in America to continuously regurgitate the OP.
I could not care less who people vote for nor am I trying to gain votes for this side or that side. Republicans definitely are not the party to pander to the black community when compared to the Democratic Party and their year in and year out lies to black voters. Outside of these two points you are exactly right.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like a question for Google. I could look it up, but I don't really care anymore. I've explained enough. My coffee is ready and I have a movie recorded to watch. See ya later. I'll make some popcorn too on your behalf.
Maybe when you get back you will show us how you prove that the Democrats are still the party of racism and slavery.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.