Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Israel’s in a tough spot. They’re surrounded by nations who hate them.
Then you'd think they'd try to ingratiate themselves, non? "You win more bears with honey" as the saying goes?

Did they expect Palestinians to be happy with their land and houses being taken from them?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This whole thread actually seems pretty weird. Isn't calling for regime change a pretty common thing in politics in general?

I mean.....
United States involvement in regime change - Wikipedia
Yeah, but it’s:

1.) against Israel, subject of one of American fundamentalist Christianity’s bigger fetishes,
2.) in support of Palestinians (sort of), and Muslims are bad, and
3.) a Democrat saying it.

Schumer hit the trifecta.

Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then you'd think they'd try to ingratiate themselves, non? "You win more bears with honey" as the saying goes?

Did they expect Palestinians to be happy with their land and houses being taken from them?
Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the Lord your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. 2And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God:

3“Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country.

4“Blessed shall be the [a]fruit of your body, the produce of your ground and the increase of your herds, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks.

5“Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.

6“Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.

7“The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways.

8“The Lord will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

9“The Lord will establish you as a holy people to Himself, just as He has sworn to you, if you keep the commandments of the Lord your God and walk in His ways. 10Then all peoples of the earth shall see that you are called by the name of the Lord, and they shall be afraid of you. 11And the Lord will grant you plenty of goods, in the fruit of your body, in the increase of your livestock, and in the produce of your ground, in the land of which the Lord swore to your fathers to give you. 12The Lord will open to you His good [c]treasure, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow. 13And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you [d]heed the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them. 14So you shall not turn aside from any of the words which I command you this day, to the right or the left, to go after other gods to serve them.(Deu 28)

• Winner
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Yeah, but it’s:

1.) against Israel, subject of one of American fundamentalist Christianity’s bigger fetishes,
2.) in support of Palestinians (sort of), and Muslims are bad, and
3.) a Democrat saying it.

Schumer hit the trifecta.
It's also kinda sad how they ignore Jewish people who are critical of Israel.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the Lord your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. 2And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God:

3“Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country.

4“Blessed shall be the [a]fruit of your body, the produce of your ground and the increase of your herds, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks.

5“Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.

6“Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.

7“The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways.

8“The Lord will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

9“The Lord will establish you as a holy people to Himself, just as He has sworn to you, if you keep the commandments of the Lord your God and walk in His ways. 10Then all peoples of the earth shall see that you are called by the name of the Lord, and they shall be afraid of you. 11And the Lord will grant you plenty of goods, in the fruit of your body, in the increase of your livestock, and in the produce of your ground, in the land of which the Lord swore to your fathers to give you. 12The Lord will open to you His good [c]treasure, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow. 13And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you [d]heed the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them. 14So you shall not turn aside from any of the words which I command you this day, to the right or the left, to go after other gods to serve them.(Deu 28)

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
They’re not ignoring Schumer; they’re making up charges against him.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

According to God, the Jews are to have all the land promised to them and that all their enemies will be feared by them. I think that’s what they strive for.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟693,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Schumer is a Jew like Biden is a Catholic....

But yes, they gave the overthrowing the Israeli president speech to the atheist with the right history.

You know, to take advantage of those 'lived experiences' that aren't really lived at all ..

Basically, Schumer is still a super wealthy guy who has never once lived anything, Jewish or otherwise, that would make standing in the halls of Congress and calling for the overthrowing of a duly elected leader of an allied country any more acceptable out of his mouth than out of the mouth of, say, a random Nazi.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Israel’s in a tough spot. They’re surrounded by nations who hate them.

Which doesn't give them the right to enact apartheid and commit ethnic cleansing.

Just because I live somewhere where I am not liked does not grant me the right to invade my neighbor's home and murder his entire family and burn his house to the ground.

No nation has the right to do this--none. And as such deserves the strongest condemnation possible.

Terrorism is not acceptable, regardless of whether it is state-sanctioned or not.

Right and wrong are not conditional on who does them. America is not right to commit evil because it is America; and neither is Israel right to commit evil because it is Israel. If Iran does evil, it is not evil because it is Iran, but because it is evil.

Evil remains evil, even when committed by "the good guys".

The pernicious and anti-Christian myth of "good guys" vs "bad guys" must be obliterated. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and thus the Church's message to the world must always be one of repentance and mercy.

-CryptoLutheran

Last edited:

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Which doesn't give them the right to enact apartheid and commit ethnic cleansing.

Just because I live somewhere where I am not liked does not grant me the right to invade my neighbor's home and murder his entire family and burn his house to the ground.

No nation has the right to do this--none. And as such deserves the strongest condemnation possible.

Terrorism is not acceptable, regardless of whether it is state-sanctioned or not.

Right and wrong are not conditional on who does them. America is not right to commit evil because it is America; and neither is Israel right to commit evil because it is Israel. If Iran does evil, it is not evil because it is Iran, but because it is evil.

Evil remains evil, even when committed by "the good guys".

The pernicious and anti-Christian myth of "good guys" vs "bad guys" must be obliterated. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and thus the Church's message to the world must always be one of repentance and mercy.

-CryptoLutheran
The great majority of the Jews in Israel are not Christian. Their Bible does not contain the New Testament.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
According to God, the Jews are to have all the land promised to them and that all their enemies will be feared by them. I think that’s what they strive for.
According to history, Zionism started as a movement in the 1800s. Zionism is a political belief based on 1 understanding of ancient texts.
And given that their return to Israel that jews thirsted for for millenia would be based within a messianic Era of peace and a deeper and further understanding of
God? Well I can't imagine a poorer description of the situation in thw world right now. So,nNo reason to believe that Israel's actions are sanctioned by God.

That land WAS given to the Jewish people and they lost it.
Hahaha hahaha
Yes. That tends to be the reaction from people who blindly support Israel.

Makes it easier to think of Palestinians as less human. So when 30000 of them die its just a meaningless number.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟693,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
es. That tends to be the reaction from people who blindly support Israel.

Makes it easier to think of Palestinians as less human. So when 30000 of them die its just a meaningless number.

You've seen me said a hundred times on this forum that I used to be a practicing Muslim, once literally married to a terrorist.

Did any of that ever dawn on you before running and telling me I should talk to Palestinians?

Hahaha. . I'm sorry but it's so absurd it's funny.

I don't support Israel blindly. I just support Israel ATM.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Explain how that changes anything that I said.

-CryptoLutheran
I’m just being realistiic. Nations, including the US, don’t live by your principles. They’re guided by the principles of their leaders.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I’m just being realistiic. Nations, including the US, don’t live by your principles. They’re guided by the principles of their leaders.
One hopes that they are guided by the principles of their people.

Upvote 0